Page 16 of 49 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Twenty-Thirteen Tension Tour Tug Thread - SETLIST SPOILERS!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    The less "Only" the better.

This I don't get. "Running" bores the crap out of me and I much prefer "Satellite". Why does Trent play some crappy songs when there are so many better ones?!

I am guessing that TR doesn't think of his songs as crappy. I know I don't.
    Last edited by nowimnothing; 10-02-2013 at 12:50 AM. Reason: typo error

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Way too much hate for Hurt on here. That song is more popular than it's ever been at the moment; it gets played as much as whatever shitty song graces alt rock nowadays does. An NIN show without Hurt isn't an NIN show, and I'm not surprised that it isn't going away. I love that after all the cacophony of Black Noise, you're just left with the desolation that is Hurt. Brilliant setlist choice.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Hurt has been played to death. SICNH would be a better set closer...or Great Below..or AATCHB....or TDTWWA

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Hey shoo wop like sumbitches.

those hips don't lie
    Honestly, if I had seen you at the show tonight, I would've chewed you a new one for that shit. Not fucking cool.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    As long as Hurt remains relevant to TR personally, I know it'll be played well and with integrity at every live show. I also think its placement after Black Noise in recent sets is pretty amazing. I was pretty surprised by how much I enjoyed Hurt during the Lollapalooza stream - there were some great, new synth pads or something going on that made it feel fresh and awesome.

At the end of the day, I certainly don't wish Hurt was omitted from the tour, I'm just tired of it as the closing song - which is why I was so happy to see Final Solution as the closer to the last(?) Terminal 5 Wave Goodbye show in 2009. If only Robin's mic didn't cut out during that performance...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    3 out of 3 shows so far and no Closer. Is this the first tour since Closer existed where this is the case?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chroipahtz View Post
    3 out of 3 shows so far and no Closer. Is this the first tour since Closer existed where this is the case?
    I think it was only played 3 times in '09. (Someone correct me of I'm wrong)

Twice during TDS full shows, and once in Chicago WG for whatever reason.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    Honestly, if I had seen you at the show tonight, I would've chewed you a new one for that shit. Not fucking cool.
    they dance.
    i call it shoo whopping.
    its what backup singers of their style do.
    they sway their hips back and forth
    its part of the charm of the backup dancers
    trent probably asked them to dance
    theres nothing offensive about what I said
    get over it

edit: seriously though what's offensive about that? I'm really trying to figure this out, and I'm not even being sarcastic about it. Is there some kind of racist slang that I missed? Please inform me, because I'll apologize if I'm wrong.
    Last edited by tony.parente; 10-02-2013 at 12:04 AM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    they dance.
    i call it shoo whopping.
    its what backup singers of their style do.
    they sway their hips back and forth
    its part of the charm of the backup dancers
    trent probably asked them to dance
    theres nothing offensive about what I said
    get over it

edit: seriously though what's offensive about that? I'm really trying to figure this out, and I'm not even being sarcastic about it. Is there some kind of racist slang that I missed? Please inform me, because I'll apologize if I'm wrong.
    It's playing into racial stereotypes and is offensive, plain and simple. Saying that they "shoo wop" and their "hips don't lie" really toes the line, and coming from someone who isn't black can cause the misconception that you're being insensitive, even though you may not intend to be.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    It's playing into racial stereotypes and is offensive, plain and simple. Saying that they "shoo wop" and their "hips don't lie" really toes the line, and coming from someone who isn't black can cause the misconception that you're being insensitive, even though you may not intend to be.
    I seriously have always called that dancing that backup singers do like that shoo wopping, I didn't even know it was POSSIBLE to be offended by that. Sorry I hurt people's feelings, but I'm not going to apologize about the hip thing because I like a girl with hips, and there's a whole song about it.

Honestly though, stereotyping?
    Im baffled.
    Last edited by tony.parente; 10-02-2013 at 12:20 AM. Reason: Not color exclusive, in the 70s white girls shoo wopped too

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    Hurt has been played to death. SICNH would be a better set closer...or Great Below..or AATCHB....or TDTWWA
    That's why I liked LITS, because it was nice to see the show end with something other than Hurt or HLAH -- In This Twilight.

Ideally for me each show would end with AATCHB into Leaving Hope.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    VMOE

sorry if this is ofensive but those back up vocalist really ruined "Even Deeper"

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jesus View Post
    sorry if this is ofensive but those back up vocalist really ruined "Even Deeper"
    They were spot on for every track tonight. Don't worry, it makes sense live.

Even during burn.

srs

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    And last post before I go to bed because I'm still amped and I KNOW everyone's interested.
    Check out the sax man.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I've got a saxophone in my pants just from looking at that picture.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    I was really kind of disappointed at the inclusion of Echoplex tonight. I figured tonight would've been a perfect time to bust out I'm Afraid of Americans.

Great show as always...but spotty song choices in my humble opinion.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    That's why I liked LITS, because it was nice to see the show end with something other than Hurt or HLAH -- In This Twilight.

Ideally for me each show would end with AATCHB into Leaving Hope.
    In This Twilight with Zero Sum one by one outro was too strong. He really would have to play AATCHB/Leaving Hope to top it.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfkiller View Post
    In This Twilight with Zero Sum one by one outro was too strong. He really would have to play AATCHB/Leaving Hope to top it.
    I wish Zero-Sum would have been done properly in its entirety.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I agree. The stage set up for that could have been amazing and scary. I loved that website in the ARG that kinda went with the song, can't remember the details though.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    I seriously have always called that dancing that backup singers do like that shoo wopping, I didn't even know it was POSSIBLE to be offended by that. Sorry I hurt people's feelings, but I'm not going to apologize about the hip thing because I like a girl with hips, and there's a whole song about it.

Im baffled.
    Don't play coy. You were spewing some bigoted shit in the old fapping thread under the flimsy pretense of making a (not-funny) joke, and replying to those who called you on it for being the PC police.

Maybe you should just not post about this topic, if you would truly rather not be "baffled" by our reactions.
    Last edited by botley; 10-02-2013 at 01:44 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfkiller View Post
    After listening to that epic live version, I just miss that Zero-sum outro every time I hear that song. I was kinda disappointed that he dropped the outro on this tour, but WISH made it up to me.
    (But I still think In This Twilight (with Zero Sum outro) - WISH - Hurt would make the flow much stronger than now)
    Last edited by Lerxto; 10-02-2013 at 04:09 AM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Im baffled.
    "like sumbitches"?????

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Running is my favorite track on HM : most original/interesting. So screw all of you.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jesus View Post
    You're such a racist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just going to say I was pleasantly surprised by the inclusion of echoplex last night. Might not have been the best placement for it but I definitely enjoyed its inclusion.

I wasn't much for the arrangment of March of the Pigs, with the bass. Made the whole thing feel sloppy,

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    This is my last post about this subject, i'll be ignoring all responses - if it bothers you enough PM me, I addressed the issue with randazzo via PM last night so you can do the same with me if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Don't play coy.
    I don't care about what the majority of the users on the board think enough to play coy about racism, if i'm going to be an asshole i'll do it unappologetically.

You were spewing some bigoted shit in the old fapping thread under the flimsy pretense of making a (not-funny) joke
    I actually never made the any of the racist comments about happiness in slavery, you may wanna check before you start making accusations.And the shoo wop comment is the first comment I have ever made on this or the old board that anyone has ever accused of being racist. I've been facepalmed before, a LOT, but it was never over anything racially motivated or anything that was perceived to be racially motivated until yesterday.

and replying to those who called you on it for being the PC police.
    I did call people the PC police, because the amount of outrage that was caused over a joke (a racially motivated one I agree) is over the top and it was the arguing after that caused the thread to be derailed and closed, not the joke about the backup singers singing on that track.

Maybe you should just not post about this topic, if you would truly rather not be "baffled" by our reactions.
    Naw, I'll keep posting, thank you.

I get it, the mod team is hyper sensitive about the backup singers. They're just waiting to throw the ban hammer at any racist POS's coming in here spewing garbage, I get it. Because of this they're trying to nip anything that could perceived as such quickly as to not cause a flood of racism in the board, I get it. I don't have to justify to you people why or how i'm not racist, or the reasons why i'm not racist. I'm here to talk about nine inch nails, to joke about the band and to contribute to the community. I'm not here to be called a racist because I said the touring members dance a certain way. So please...pm me, ban me, or get the fuck over it.
    Last edited by tony.parente; 10-02-2013 at 08:10 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    No Into the Void yesterday? Oh man.... I'm seeing the show tomorrow, I really really really really really really wish they play it!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Since we can't post in a tour date thread if we didn't attend that show, I figure I'd ask this here. For the shows on 9/30 and 10/1, did Robin, Ilan, Alessandro, and Josh come out and meet with the nin.com ticket members like the first show?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    ECHO-FUCKING-PLEX

YES

I was so worried it won't come back, but it did! now, Trent, bring back "Head Down"!

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    I don't care about what the majority of the users on the board think enough to play coy about racism, if i'm going to be an asshole i'll do it unappologetically.

I actually never made the any of the racist comments about happiness in slavery, you may wanna check before you start making accusations.
    I was actually referring to this lil' piece of misogynist bigotry:

This is not funny, and not even a well-constructed repurposing of a tired old joke. Also, the timing couldn't have been worse, coming as it did among a flood of knee-jerk douchebaggery, which made it extra-slimy. The community uses these Tour Tug/fapping threads for a running commentary of delight and surprise. It's not Little League for aspiring stand-up comedians. That's the source of the "outrage" you cite. Also: it simply isn't cool to make D-grade jokes that belittle peoples' racial history (say, for example, the one you called POST OF THE YEAR), so you'd probably better get off the side of attempting to justify that.
    Last edited by botley; 10-02-2013 at 09:25 AM.