Page 9 of 56 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: If I Can’t Have Love, I Want Power - new Halsey album produced by Trent and Atticus

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    me too, I can’t even imagine what it sounds like. Will there be collaborations? So many unknowns
    For sure! Early on, T&A indicated they wanted for the next NIN record to incorporate more colabs. To see that plan, having gone to a full on album speaks to the potential. I mean, for all intents and purposes, they do not produce other peoples' albums; well, within the last 13 years.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by explodey View Post
    It's also in the UK store if that is any better?
    Yes that helps, thanks - Ordered!

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Amazon Japan has it listed as “Import, Remixes included.”

Maybe the bonus tracks are just remixes?

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Merriweather View Post

Not sure about the Amazon listing, I checked it out as well. Searching "UICC-10053" gives me a different release:

https://www.universal-music.co.jp/ha...ts/uicc-10053/

Distributed by: Universal Music (Godo Kaisha)
    Country of Origin: Japan
    Last edited by Jon; 07-11-2021 at 01:39 PM. Reason: changed business org punctuation

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    There are 2 versions available in Japan.

Japan domestic (contents unlisted so far):
    Universal UICC-10053

International Import:
    Capitol 382-4160

The import one is the only one listed on Amazon JP so far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If some other recent Target exclusives are anything to go by, they seem to have the same track listings as the Japanese versions, for whatever that’s worth.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Merriweather View Post

I was thinking that.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Maybe Trent may have gotten interested in this project after hearing about its concept, I don't mean to pray too much but I guess that as a father he may be interested, there are of course many other things it does seem Halsey wants to go darker and who's better than Trent for that?

I will be honest I was disappointed at first but I kept my mouth shut, I was mostly disappoitned since I was excited more collabs like the ones we've gotten with Health but I realized it was a selfish and self-centered thought-process so I gave the new more breathing space and now I am rather excited to see where this will go.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    The billboard is styled to look like a NIN logo imo, the way the text is typeset

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I'm indifferent towards this. When Troz said him and Atticus were gonna collaborate with a variety of artists, I knew it wasn't gonna be a bunch of underground industrial metal bands he was talking about. And if they got a paid a stack of money for this from her record label, then good for them, they earned it. I wouldn't consider this selling out in anyways, nothing wrong with making money off what you do for a living.

Anyways, I'll check it out when the time comes.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    I'm indifferent towards this. When Troz said him and Atticus were gonna collaborate with a variety of artists, I knew it wasn't gonna be a bunch of underground industrial metal bands he was talking about. And if they got a paid a stack of money for this from her record label, then good for them, they earned it. I wouldn't consider this selling out in anyways, nothing wrong with making money off what you do for a living.

Anyways, I'll check it out when the time comes.
    Well, he also said that collaborations were about the NIN record, not producing other artists which is a different thing. And yes they surely got paid a good money for that but it's not like they accept every project they're asked for (when it comes to TR + AR working together).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    I wouldn't consider this selling out in anyways, nothing wrong with making money off what you do for a living.
    ^^^This

The idea of artists selling out is antiquated, mean spirited and entitled. Fans love to pick and choose what is or isn't selling out, based on their own beliefs that I guess they project onto the artist. Also, a busy, prolific artist - especially those with unfuckwithable track records - is such a peculiar thing for a fanbase to complain about.

Art has become beyond commodified, so why not take advantage of that. It's basically the closest thing we have to modern day patronage, and working outside of expected realms - even for money! - often leads to amazing art.

Personally, this IS the kind of collaboration I was hoping for. The song with HEALTH is cool, but an album of NIN (feat. Band/Artist/Singer) feels like it could come off a little... Foo Fighters-y or something (speaking of feeling entitled and projecting onto an artist ).

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    If people believe paying just $10-15 per month to a streaming service will support all the artists they love and listen to, you have absolutely no right to tell an artist he sold out because he got paid a nice chunk of change to work with someone. 83% of the record industry's revenue came from streaming in 2020. There is no selling out anymore. It's just an artist getting paid for their work and their talent, which they absolutely deserve. If you think they sold out, you're a spoiled brat.
    Last edited by neorev; 07-12-2021 at 03:14 PM.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Ok, am I the only one DYING for some interviews from Halsey and/or T&A about this project?

Come on journalists, I want to know how this came to fruition. I’m so excited for this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I am kind of behind on this project and a bit lost, especially with not really knowing much about Halsy. Can someone please provide a link to CD/digital versions of the package with the bonus/remix tracks please?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    BTW this whole collaboration reminded me of that 2005 interview Trent did where he noted he hoped to work with Sade (not sure if it's been mentioned in this ever-growing thread). That would have been interesting for sure. Sadly I remember also reading she was uneasy with his public persona or something like that. Either way, it's cool he's found another singer he was interested in producing that was "outside the box." I look forward to this one.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruined View Post
    BTW this whole collaboration reminded me of that 2005 interview Trent did where he noted he hoped to work with Sade (not sure if it's been mentioned in this ever-growing thread). That would have been interesting for sure. Sadly I remember also reading she was uneasy with his public persona or something like that. Either way, it's cool he's found another singer he was interested in producing that was "outside the box." I look forward to this one.
    I think he originally wanted Sade on "The Great Below"...unless I'm remembering that wrong.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    I think he originally wanted Sade on "The Great Below"...unless I'm remembering that wrong.
    Holy smokes if that's the case that would have been amazing. A harmonious Sade singing over the outro (or wherever) - definitely one of those artifacts from a slightly-different-parallel-universe that I wish that I could recover.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    My girlfriend saw the teaser with Halsey roaming the MET, and has expressed interest in this album. I'm thinking maybe I can make it a gateway to NIN fandom! or at least HTDA

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruined View Post
    I vaguely remember a comment about Lauryn Hill along those lines. Which makes total sense, Hill is immensely talented but is known to be wildcard to work with.

Sade is also very talented, but I’ve never heard of anything that makes me think of her as difficult to collaborate with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by laststepdown View Post
    The billboard is styled to look like a NIN logo imo, the way the text is typeset
    Which billboard?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eachpassingphase View Post
    Ok, am I the only one DYING for some interviews from Halsey and/or T&A about this project?

Come on journalists, I want to know how this came to fruition. I’m so excited for this!

Me too! I'm eager to know more how it all came to be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Trailer for an hour long IMAX event in August just dropped.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by variablebitrate View Post
    Holy SHIT this looks fucking cool.

EDIT: My only reservations are in how much they try to make this a movie vs. a feature length music video. Musicians writing / acting in things when that's not their craft can often end up being pretty bleh ("I'm gonna go make a withdrawal" comes to mind). That doesn't mean this won't still be great if they try to go more of a movie route, but something more along the lines of a feature-length music video is a safer bet. If it's only an hour long, then I'm guessing it will be way more music than movie, which I'm super down for.

This also makes T&A's interest make more sense. They're basically scoring a(nother) A24 film.
    Last edited by Toadflax; 07-13-2021 at 11:51 AM.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

If I Can’t Have Love, I Want Power - new Halsey album produced by Trent and Atticus

Quote Originally Posted by variablebitrate View Post

Holy shit, she is not taking any half measures with this.

I am down.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Those HTDA vibes continue. Into it.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post

EDIT: My only reservations are in how much they try to make this a movie vs. a feature length music video. Musicians writing / acting in things when that's not their craft can often end up being pretty bleh ("I'm gonna go make a withdrawal" comes to mind). That doesn't mean this won't still be great if they try to go more of a movie route, but something more along the lines of a feature-length music video is a safer bet. If it's only an hour long, then I'm guessing it will be way more music than movie, which I'm super down for.

This also makes T&A's interest make more sense. They're basically scoring a(nother) A24 film.
    I can just see the opinions turn now. "Oh, its a film... I am okay with TR/AR doing this now, NIN is safe!"

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Now the dudes insisting they were forced into this project by the record label after the last awards season are even more hilarious. There's a whole IMAX film. Lmfao

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post

funny how you had to find an angle to make this project more palatable due to the film angle. Now its excusable to make this music cause it doesnt count towards apparently besmirching Trent and Atticus if its not a true album.

GET OVER YOURSELF