Page 10 of 56 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: If I Can’t Have Love, I Want Power - new Halsey album produced by Trent and Atticus

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    funny how you had to find an angle to make this project more palatable due to the film angle. Now its excusable to make this music cause it doesnt count towards apparently besmirching Trent and Atticus if its bot a true album.
    Nope. Go back through all of my posts and see how I was always down for this (aside from not loving the album art reveal video, but let's not get into that again). I didn't say "more palatable"; I said "makes more sense."

EDIT: I'll save you the trouble and leave my first post in this thread here:

Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Trent (and in some cases Atticus):

Produces a hip-hop album

Scores a Pixar movie
    Tours with Peaches
    Launches merch to promote collaborations with Marvel and Miley Cyrus
    Composes the theme for a Call of Duty game
    Posts joke photos in cowboy gear when they win a CMA for a popular hip-hop song
    Remixes a P. Diddy / Busta Rhymes / Notorious B.I.G. song
    Guests on an El-P album

But apparently producing an album for a pop artist -- an album we haven't even heard yet -- is going too far.

People are funny.
    Last edited by Toadflax; 07-13-2021 at 12:29 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Mindblowing that this is all coming in what, three weeks? And not a word of it leaked beforehand. This is super exciting.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    If the music in the trailer is any teaser indication on the direction of Halsey's sound with TR+AR involved...Daaaaaaaaamn...it's going to be amazing. I'm even more excited for this release.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Read a theory on the Halsey Reddit that this could be a visual album (something to do with one of the accounts following IMAX)
    someone on Halseys Reddit called this ages ago, the Instagram page was following IMAX!

anyway I’m really excited for this, the images of Renaissance women getting pissed up, brilliant

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    someone on Halseys Reddit called this ages ago, the Instagram page was following IMAX!

anyway I’m really excited for this, the images of Renaissance women getting pissed up, brilliant
    Nice. I also Googled "Halsey" and "A24" out of curiosity and found this (which doesn't necessarily mean A24 had anything to do with this project):

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0w3RjYJgQA/?hl=en

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

*walks in with his 3 vinyl variations*

Hey guy, what's going o-

Oh.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Nice. I also Googled "Halsey" and "A24" out of curiosity and found this (which doesn't necessarily mean A24 had anything to do with this project):

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0w3RjYJgQA/?hl=en
    i kind of feel sorry for Halsey’s younger fans as this looks very much like it will be 18+

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    i kind of feel sorry for Halsey’s younger fans as this looks very much like it will be 18+
    I think I was 12 when I first heard Big Man With A Gun, so *shrug*.

But I know what you mean -- it's less about the age of some of her fans than their temperament. Some may not be down for something so dark.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Turn the film into a musical concert tour, and go for the EGOT.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I have a craaaazy feeling they'll find a way to see this. I'm curious if any of her younger fans will be lead to NIN from this.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shagg_187 View Post
    Turn the film into a musical concert, and go for the EGOT.
    Oh shit...did you just predict the freaking future??!?!?!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    Oh shit...did you just predict the freaking future??!?!?!
    I believe I can see the future...

(something something porpoise)
    Last edited by shagg_187; 07-13-2021 at 01:04 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I think I was 12 when I first heard Big Man With A Gun, so *shrug*.

But I know what you mean -- it's less about the age of some of her fans than their temperament. Some may not be down for something so dark.
    No I’m more talking about straight up not being allowed in the imax to see it. Maybe the US is less strict but if you look young it’s quite hard to see something like this in the UK

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    No I’m more talking about straight up not being allowed in the imax to see it. Maybe the US is less strict but if you look young it’s quite hard to see something like this in the UK
    I realized that after I posted, lol. But as someone said above, they’ll find ways to see it.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shagg_187 View Post
    Hey guy, what's going o-

Oh.
    Holy shit. You're so right.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Wow. Is this... is this the first movie I'm going to actually see in a theatre since... 2019?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    ........My only reservations are in how much they try to make this a movie vs. a feature length music video. Musicians writing / acting in things when that's not their craft can often end up being pretty bleh ("I'm gonna go make a withdrawal" comes to mind). ...........

Your Honor, I submit Michael Jackson's Moonwalker to the record. That thing is BRUTAL.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I've watched the trailer five times now. The tone is great, the production value is nuts, and the music / sound design is fantastic. Here's hoping we get a full music video from this in the next week or two (or by 8/3 when tickets go on sale at the latest).

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    I'll (more than likely) be traveling 6 hours roundtrip to see this...

Here's hoping we get a full music video from this in the next week or two (or by 8/3 when tickets go on sale at the latest).
    I'm rooting for nothing else to come out prior. Not what I'm expecting, though.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I was listening to 2 Live Crew when I was 5 years old.

I was listening to The Prodigy, Nine Inch Nails, Nirvana, Wu Tang Clan before I was even 10 years old.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    I was listening to 2 Live Crew when I was 5 years old.

I was listening to The Prodigy, Nine Inch Nails, Nirvana, Wu Tang Clan before I was even 10 years old.
    Yeah, but you were not watching 18+ movies in cinema, were you? It may work for some 16 year olds to slip through, but not for age 10.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I have a craaaazy feeling they'll find a way to see this. I'm curious if any of her younger fans will be lead to NIN from this.
    Saw this on Twitter today so I guess it's happening

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    So released in theaters...does this mean there's a surround mix of the album coming as well?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    So released in theaters...does this mean there's a surround mix of the album coming as well?
    My ATMOS-sense is tingling...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SchwarzerAbt View Post
    Yeah, but you were not watching 18+ movies in cinema, were you? It may work for some 16 year olds to slip through, but not for age 10.
    I've seen rated R movies in theater when I was 10.
    I was 7 when I saw Terminator 2. When I was 10, Carlito's Way, A Bronx Tale, etc. My brother was 7 years older than me. We usually went together.

My parents honestly did not give a shit what we watched or listened to. My dad used to work at an electronics store and had a guy at work who would get us the latest movies in theaters on tape in high quality well before its official release. My dad got us illegal cable that let you get all the pay channels, including Pay Per View and the dirty channels. I saw Showgirls when I was 12 years old. No one gave a shit. No wonder children these days are all fucked in the head from being overly protected and shielded from everyday life.
    Last edited by neorev; 07-13-2021 at 05:32 PM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    I've seen rated R movies in theater when I was 10.
    I was 7 when I saw Terminator 2. When I was 10, Carlito's Way, A Bronx Tale, etc. My brother was 7 years older than me. We usually went together.
    My parents honestly did not give a shit what we watched or listened to.
    That was a different time, most theaters don't roll like that anymore.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    That was a different time, most theaters don't roll like that anymore.
    Kids these days will find a way to watch it whether it is in theaters or not.
    Last edited by neorev; 07-13-2021 at 05:37 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    My ATMOS-sense is tingling...
    I'm curious to see if when the first single drops it gets the ATMOS tag on Apple Music. Could be a good indicator.

I'm hoping for a blu-ray with both the movie and the album's multichannel mix, but I have to remember that this isn't a NIN album, despite it's production.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    well as someone who saw a multi-platinum-selling artist release an album in Atmos last year in theaters and then never announced a blu-ray - and has been waiting for The Fragile 5.1 for way too long - I'm not holding my breath at all.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    At first I thought: "Cool, an unexpected collaboration." Then I saw the video/artwork and thought, "Huh, this is getting really interesting." Now with an IMAX film? I love that these artists truly went all in on this project. To be clear, I'm not surprised that Trent would ever go all in on anything, but, wow. I'm really excited to experience this entire piece of art as it continues to roll out.