Page 27 of 102 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 77 ... LastLast

Thread: Nine Inch Nails - 2014 Tour Discussion/Speculation

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Oh I didn't realise this, I don't have a ticketmaster account. I still don't believe the shows sold out to real people who will attend the show in 90 secs though, I think thousands were siphoned off into rip off tout sites
    If based on anything, could be concerts are being counted as "sold out" whenever someone sees a "sold out" page on the ticket site, which is before people actually verify their purchases and maybe even before individual tickets (rather than large groups together) are sold. I remember people were saying that "this concert sold out in 2 minutes" stuff way back in 2000 for Fragility 2.0, which is the first concert I went to. I know people were still getting individual pit or lower level tickets off Ticketmaster for a while after that, and I got my crappy 400-level tickets after a while, also.

I think the secondary sellers are much more to blame than the hype of selling out a concert quickly, though.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Slightly off-topic, but my flight to Birmingham from Dublin just cost ten euro. Fucking result.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Hey sluts, almost time for me to see NIN + QOTSA twice.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I really really hope the Japan shows get taped!

just my $.02 there

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    I really really hope the Japan shows get taped!

just my $.02 there
    I would suspect they pop up on bootleg sites pretty quick. So we'll liberate them or something.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Ok, maybe this has been discussed.I noticed the Tokyo dates say w/Allesandro, as if he was the opener. Um, what? Is SONYO opening and Ally is just playing all night, or what is going on?

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Ok, maybe this has been discussed.I noticed the Tokyo dates say w/Allesandro, as if he was the opener. Um, what? Is SONYO opening and Ally is just playing all night, or what is going on?
    https://twitter.com/nineinchnails/st...43181243252737

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    German Grammar Nazi here...It's Alessandro and SONOIO.I'd fucking love to see that!Lucky japanese people.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarazenvonWolfenstein View Post
    German Grammar Nazi here...It's Alessandro and SONOIO.I'd fucking love to see that!Lucky japanese people.
    There's a reason I always type Ally, lol, I'm terrible at spelling and will admit it anytime.

Also, that makes me so jealous because that sounds so much better than most of the openers I've seen.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    As long as you don't address him as 'Alexandro' in person you should be fine^^ I also feel like some openers are sheer torture, something you just have to endure (I personally could not be bothered showing up late and then standing in the last row nodding my head and drinking a beer, so I really have to...)

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Can't see a problem with coming late. I've never been to a show where you couldn't get to the front (maybe 3rd-4th row). Just wait till they blast a classic fast song where everyone starts jumping (Wish, MOTP, whichever comes first).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i usually wait til they finish playing "hurt", everyone seems to just voluntarily move to the back.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Can't see a problem with coming late. I've never been to a show where you couldn't get to the front (maybe 3rd-4th row). Just wait till they blast a classic fast song where everyone starts jumping (Wish, MOTP, whichever comes first).
    Between shortness (I'm Trent's height) and a bad knee from a hockey injury, I pretty much have to be on the rail (for leaning support, and view) so I'm one of those people who is the first 15 in line and stands through every opener without restroom or refreshment break. Some people call me crazy, but I do what I must to have the best experience I can. And when that stage smoke hits me and the first few notes of the opening song play, jamming out with Robin, listening to a terrible opener becomes well worth it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    So Japan gets something amazing and we get fucking Cold Cave. If that's not recorded by fans I'll hit someone
    Cold Cave is fucking awesome, what is wrong with you people!? *sigh*

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brokenfragility View Post
    Compared to a live solo set with Ally though?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Sorry man, but to me it just sounds like Ross Geller's basement music with lyrics by the goth kids in south park

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

100% agree. The best NIN support band ever, arguably. Can't wait for the shows in May.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Compared to a live solo set with Ally though?
    Yeah I would prefer the Ally set but only by a little, I love Cold Cave, I was jelly for Cold Cave when I got Godspeed. I actually like Godspeed too, but man their Tension set was boring. They don't really belong in arenas, the echo made all their music sound like mush. I've always liked Trent's picks for openers though, even though the community seems to not (most of the time). Deerhunter was a prime example of that, I loved them on LITS, and it seems I was the only one.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbonBlack View Post
    Sorry man, but to me it just sounds like Ross Geller's basement music with lyrics by the goth kids in south park
    Still better than Ladytron. Plus, if he/they are fucking awful, I'll throw mannequin hands on stage by the end of my shows.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Deerhunter is pretty good, but 99% of Trent's opening acts are fucking bullshit. Why is Simian Mobile Disco not opening for NIN? Trent clearly loves them, he plays their shit pre-show and post-show all the time.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Avarik View Post
    Deerhunter is pretty good, but 99% of Trent's opening acts are fucking bullshit. Why is Simian Mobile Disco not opening for NIN? Trent clearly loves them, he plays their shit pre-show and post-show all the time.
    by god that would be something, wouldn't it

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Holy shit- didn't realize the first Tokyo show is in like 12 hours. Thought the shows started on a Friday.

Got some new type of NIN info to look forward tomorrow morning now I suppose.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fangster_ View Post
    Uh-huh. And I'm afraid Helsinki might get scrapped next. After the initial pants-down excitement for the news, I was immediately sceptical over the venue. I'd say by booking their debut arena gig at basically our biggest event center they're seriously overestimating NIN's popularity here. Korn, who are a far more relevant and a regular guest of ours is doing another show at the cable factory, which isn't that high profile at all. Disgusted to say this, but I hope the people are at least feeling a bit nostalgic. Gotta get those tix moving.

If it's any indicator, the Facebook event only has 208 attendees listed. That's just terrible. The page is somewhat hard to find but fuckkkkkkk. Hey man @konkelo let's take a loan together and buy out the remaining seats. I'm not missing this shit.
    I wish I'd win in a lottery or something and I would buy all the tickets..... I hope they won't scrap Helsinki. Going to the Korn show btw too. NIN and Korn in the same week! Yay!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Avarik View Post
    Saving it for the U.S. summer dates. When itll be a giant dance party outdoors.....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    At all 3 Tokyo shows, Alessandro will play instrumental set before NIN.
    It's in 8 hours

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Alessandro on bass then, from the latest Instagram picture on the NIN feed. No link as on new tablet and haven't worked out how to copy and paste yet! Thank god there's some bass! He's also sporting a healthy moustache....

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Please tell me we're getting live updates tonight.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Not as far away as some might think, it's already gone 5pm there. Hoping to see what's going on in my lunch hour!

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corona Radiata View Post
    Please tell me we're getting live updates tonight.
    I hope so, that'll help make up for being awake this early.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Doors are open now. Opening act on in 1 hour.