Page 25 of 102 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 75 ... LastLast

Thread: Nine Inch Nails - 2014 Tour Discussion/Speculation

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
    is it that hard to tell us these dates are cancelled because <this and that>?
    i don't think they ever mentioned even Thailand cancellation, did they? despite the reason being pretty obviously outside of band's influence

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Yeah, for some reason they're leaving the bad news handling to the promoters/ticket agents.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    damn it, is it that hard to tell us these dates are cancelled because <this and that>? I'm sure you follow other bands on facebook, who are all buddy-buddy with their fans, always trying to be interactive., while we have NIN, who feels it's best to keep it a secret why they need to reschedule things. It must be scary for Trent to even think about we eventually get some solid information about everything (and yes, it includes even Everything, lol). Do they not have a PR guy?
    Have you tried asking Rob Sheridan on twitter? Being a PR guy is not his job (not that I know of, anyway), but he can be surprisingly nice when asked about tour-related business.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FernandoDante View Post
    Have you tried asking Rob Sheridan on twitter? Being a PR guy is not his job (not that I know of, anyway), but he can be surprisingly nice when asked about tour-related business.
    I did, no response.
    Also sent a tweet to the NIN account as the background image still features the canceled dates and ask for an explanation of the situation.
    They should say something, at least a sorry. I remember years before it was different.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Does anyone else think US dates will be dropped along with Bonnaroo lineup?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Japan shows start in a week and still no sign of a new bass player right? Hope they surprise us with JMJ!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Maybe they've forgotten they're touring altogether!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by laci View Post
    They should say something, at least a sorry. I remember years before it was different.
    I really miss the old days when we got all the infos first hand. Cancellations happen I get it, but it's so disappointing when you don't get any answers.
    Even a "we don't care about you, because you are unimportant countries" would be better than this silence.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anne. View Post
    The Japan shows start in a week and still no sign of a new bass player right? Hope they surprise us with JMJ!
    Doubtful as I believe he will be touring with Beck for his Morning Phase tour.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kitz View Post
    I really miss the old days when we got all the infos first hand. Cancellations happen I get it, but it's so disappointing when you don't get any answers.
    Even a "we don't care about you, because you are unimportant countries" would be better than this silence.
    Shit, even "LOGISTICS, AMIRITE?" would be ok at this point.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anne. View Post
    This new interview that was posted in the nin spotting section confirms they are 100% back to a 4 piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    No news about what happened with those final European dates or any upcoming "US dates" but an all around good interview anyway.
    We learn a little bit about the seemingly unknown "Fragile re-issue", which is the best part of the interview.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Was the Thailand gig formally canceled? Did I miss something? It still shows up on NIN's twitter background, but it's gone from http://tour.nin.com/

EDIT: Yes, I missed something.

http://www.silverlakemusicfest.com/
    Last edited by FernandoDante; 02-17-2014 at 10:23 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    This new interview that was posted in the nin spotting section confirms they are 100% back to a 4 piece.

No news about what happened with those final European dates or any upcoming "US dates" but an all around good interview anyway.
    We learn a little bit about the seemingly unknown "Fragile re-issue", which is the best part of the interview.
    I'm a little bit jealous if Aus gets to hear My Violent Heart - has that ever been played live? He said next few months of touring so I guess they're changing it up again for Europe. I wonder how they will do that?

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I'm a little bit jealous if Aus gets to hear My Violent Heart - has that ever been played live? He said next few months of touring so I guess they're changing it up again for Europe. I wonder how they will do that?
    I have a feeling this tour is going to be similar to the "Wave goodbye" tour they did setlist wise. I bet the setlist is going to change dramatically between shows... which makes me Jealous. Based on what he said about them being able to focus on more aggressive and electronic muisc and how there are no limits and how the arena tours were getting a little boring each night as they had strict guidelines to play by to execute everything correctly. I'd trade the big production for a smaller 4 piece with rotating songs anyday... It's funny because all of Europe is jealous they're not getting the big production, but from what I can tell, all of North America is jealous with what Europe is about to get... haha.... There is no pleasing NIN fans. We just want something we can never have.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    the holy grail is a combination of the European Wave Goodbye setlist and the Lights in the sky production, obviously.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I know this might sound crazy but when Trent says more electronic and stuff from The Fragile, I figured they will finally play Where Is Everybody? and Underneath It All.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Calling it: real live version of The New Flesh. Can't get more electronic than that.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    If they're going to debut previously unplayed Fragile songs (not that they've said that, but a man can dream right?) it's gotta be 'I'm Looking Forward To Joining You, Finally'. Finally.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Calling it: real live version of The New Flesh. Can't get more electronic than that.
    wait, that's one of the most organic sounding songs on the fragile. like, it sounds pretty much 100% organic to me, with no electronic elements. not that an electronic version wouldn't be cool, i've just never thought of it as even remotely electronic.
    but, either way, it needs to happen live!

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    If they're going to debut previously unplayed Fragile songs (not that they've said that, but a man can dream right?) it's gotta be 'I'm Looking Forward To Joining You, Finally'. Finally.
    That's like one of the funkiest NIN-songs that didn't even hit the pinted setlist for a funky-oriented tour leg. Now it's not really electronic and not even a song that benefits a 4-man band.

I'm not saying there's no chance you'll see it, I'm just saying it will be played between Sunspots and Demon Seed. Good luck with that!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    That's like one of the funkiest NIN-songs that didn't even hit the pinted setlist for a funky-oriented tour leg. Now it's not really electronic and not even a song that benefits a 4-man band.

I'm not saying there's no chance you'll see it, I'm just saying it will be played between Sunspots and Demon Seed. Good luck with that!
    Yeah, not holding out much hope. I think we got as much of Sunspots last year as we're ever likely to get...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    "a lot more of the aggressive and electronic music"? how about HiS then?!

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    *COUGH* tetsuo theme *COUGH*

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    So Allesandro is playing an "instrumental" set opening for NIN in Japan. (via Twitter, with picture)

Educate me: how does one play an instrumental set with all electronics? I get that MTV Unplugged wasn't technically "unplugged" but this one is hard for me to grasp.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Electronics are instruments. Also who said, he was only using electronics?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    @blindoldfreak: Playing an instrumental set opening for @nineinchnails in Tokyo on Feb 25, 26 and 28. http://t.co/xiVT7tx9hu http://t.co/beXUPdogiC

Usually when one says "instrumental" it'll be acoustical (ie no distortion/effects for typical guitars, bass guitar, etc.). I never said anything about specific instruments or tried being a cynical asshole- clearly in the picture he's not playing bass or guitar or drums. Allesandro has always been the multi-instrumental/electronics/plug-ins guy for NIN. Was wonderng what other peoples opinions are on this and how it's done (I'm really not that big into electronic music) so was just looking into opinions or a perspective of the music he'll be playing.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Instrumental=no vocals.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Yeah, I got my "instrumentals" mixed up with "acoustic perforcormance". Been a long day.

Carry on.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    So Allesandro is playing an "instrumental" set opening for NIN in Japan. (via Twitter, with picture)
    Damn — that’s exactly what I was hoping would happen someday. (I should have posted that so I could be acclaimed as a prophet or something cool like that. Sigh.)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)