Page 29 of 102 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 79 ... LastLast

Thread: Nine Inch Nails - 2014 Tour Discussion/Speculation

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Ilan playing the guitar for Copy of A, like he did at the Grammys, interesting. I would have thought Trent would put Ally on "all synth stuff" for that song (since the bass sounds fine as synth and not live), had Robin go back to playing guitar for that instead of synth, and had Ilan on drums. Still, sounds good, glad it's still in the setlist.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sore_and_crucified View Post
    ...At some point in the tour, would a ton of Fragile tracks dropped into a set list not coincide with the re-release of this 'deluxe' Fragile? Sounds like good promotion to me.
    Like it needs the promotion, lol. Sure, it could be one more way for Trent to fuck some fans up, but I hope he had enough for this year.

Anyway, I don't think it'd be good promotion. Why would anyone buy the deluxe just becase he played NYD or WITT or something? These songs are out for 15 years. The deluxe edition only needs actual (new) content.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    In This Thread: Experts

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Bunch of whiney ass pussies in this thread oh my lord

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Are you saying the same set of fans that like The Fragile are also fans of Hesitation Marks and vice versa Volband? I think you will find there is a new audience now, especially on the back of things like Social Network and Dragon Tattoo scores, The Grammy's etc etc.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Thought he'd given up on Gave Up, but no. Glad to see BYIT, Me I'm Not in the setlist, and still a reasonable amount of songs from HM. Wonder if Trents had another last minute change of heart about what to play on the tour - but as people have said, no indication that this setlist will be the basis of the next few months tour dates - get more of an idea in a couple of weeks and a decent amount of shows have been played. Also, don't forget that we know they'd been rehearsing Letting You. Actually, just realised nothing off The Slip either. 1,000,000 has disappeared.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Jesus christ people, calm your tits. This was the 1st show, 1st! There has been 1 show! They're playing the same venue 3 times, you don't think the setlist is going to vary like a motherfucker? Plus being the 1st show I wouldn't be surprised if they played what they have really really nailed down, and possibly played some safety songs. Remember The Good Soldier being played on the 1st festival show, only to never be played again? They played a show, they know what they can do, they know what they need to practice on more, they have the confidence that they can play a show as the way the band is arranged now, tomorrow is going to have a vastly different setlist, and the show after that even more.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Dayem, i'm so tired of Gave Up, Piggy and THTF....

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Papagolash View Post
    Jesus christ people, calm your tits. This was the 1st show, 1st! There has been 1 show! They're playing the same venue 3 times, you don't think the setlist is going to vary like a motherfucker? Plus being the 1st show I wouldn't be surprised if they played what they have really really nailed down, and possibly played some safety songs.
    but can't we like just discuss the stuff? as you said, it's the 1st show, people are now reviewing their expectations. no one here is overly dramatic or really pissed off from what I've seen, so you should calm your own tits and let people talk since this is a forum by the way.

you can repost your stuff when people start writing FUCK TR, MAN, NO CLOSER? NO TPD???? THIS IS BULLSHIT or sth like that

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    We have to start a page somewhere (googledoc, ninwiki, etc) and describe who plays what on which song. Actually for 2013 festivals and Tension tours as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    He kept All Time Low. All is right in the world again. This also ups the chance of Satellite reappearing in future shows.
    *cough* Trent *cough*

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sore_and_crucified View Post
    Are you saying the same set of fans that like The Fragile are also fans of Hesitation Marks and vice versa Volband? I think you will find there is a new audience now, especially on the back of things like Social Network and Dragon Tattoo scores, The Grammy's etc etc.
    No, I'm saying that playing 15 years old songs live won't convince anyone to buy the re-issue.

Quote Originally Posted by hani View Post
    but can't we like just discuss the stuff? as you said, it's the 1st show, people are now reviewing their expectations. no one here is overly dramatic or really pissed off from what I've seen, so you should calm your own tits and let people talk since this is a forum by the way.

you can repost your stuff when people start writing FUCK TR, MAN, NO CLOSER? NO TPD???? THIS IS BULLSHIT or sth like that
    You nailed it. No one gone mad, so it's funny how the "defend NIN at all cost" group made an appearance. Everyone's aware that we need to wait at least until the 3rd Tokyo show and then we can start with the serious whining if we feel so.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeson View Post
    Should have said, "Hand Covers Bruise" is missing before BYIT.
    Last edited by FULLMETAL; 02-25-2014 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Derpy memory.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Did they play all of WIWC like during the festivals or just a snippet?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I guess THTF and Only will be there for eternity

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    more electronics, more loud and heavy stuff.....
    come one. what is this?
    the same story again. the same songs again

time for htda to start again inclusive a tour.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    People, it's just the first show. They can't play all the surprises this early!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    Not sure why, but "What If We Could" is missing before BYIT.
    First I've heard of it, but hope that's true, love that song!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Wow, If this is what we can expect from the rest of the tour I'm a little bit disappointed.

Less production then the Festival tour (I knew it was going to be a more "stripped down" version but I expected at least a few visuals / screen of some sort)
    4 members but no sign of "let's rework nin", seems just like "let's put more things on tape"
    19 Songs ? No production but still 6 less song then the average US show.

If I was to throw a random guess in there I'd say it seems like they didn't have time to rehearse new things / work on a production maybe in part because of the Gone Girl soundtrack.

I'm really happy that Beside You In Time is back, it's a killer song and I'm still blown away by the BYIT version, and I hope they'll play it when I see them
    But seriously, I hope this was a warm up gig of some kind

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I guess Ally played bass on Piggy and Sanctified, or was it synths?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    A few pics here.. (with lame watermarks). http://www.creativeman.co.jp/blog/21996/

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LOVEANDZOMBIES View Post
    A few pics here.. (with lame watermarks). http://www.creativeman.co.jp/blog/21996/
    But how creative are you really if you can't come up with a better name than Creativeman.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Whining about a concert that apparently nobody here actually attended. We've truly reached...*puts on sunglasses*...an All Time Low.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Whining about a concert that apparently nobody here actually attended. We've truly reached...*puts on sunglasses*...an All Time Low.
    But but but — that’s why we’re here!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nowimdowninit View Post
    And "Disappointed" thrown in, presumably, because that is what TR wants the audience to be for a few minutes.
    I'm sorry but this quote is too genius to just give it a "link" it needs a post quote!

But really, not to beat a dead horse (AKA: say what's already been said)... But this is a rather short and for lack of a better term, disappointing setlist.
    That setlist is almost identical to the Lollapalooza set, with maybe the exception of BYIT, everything else there was played on the 2013 festival run. The festivals were even around 19-20 songs. This is supposed to be a NIN headlining show, not a festival where time is limited and they only have a small time block to finish their songs. I'm curious at least, why the set is so short.

It's always nice to start a setlist discussion when a new tour starts, so I guess let's just be patient and see what happens tonight and tomorrow with the other 2 shows. He knows better than to play the exact same set 3 nights in a row. Just how drastically changed up it will be is unknown, there there is no way tonight is getting the same set with 1 or 2 songs replaced.

It's just an opening show setlist, judging from the tension show, some of the better songs started appearing near the end of the tour. All the love in the world anyone? Which will probably never show up again without the 8 piece, glad I caught that when I did. Biggest live NIN surprise ever.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I'm sorry but this quote is too genius to just give it a "link" it needs a post quote!

But really, not to beat a dead horse (AKA: say what's already been said)... But this is a rather short and for lack of a better term, disappointing setlist.
    I wonder if Studio Coast has some weird curfew - given, according to the actual show thread, it finished at 9pm!

Anyway, I promised myself I wouldn't look at the setlists or worry about them given that each tour leg is supposed to be different, but here I am.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I wonder if Studio Coast has some weird curfew - given, according to the actual show thread, it finished at 9pm!

Anyway, I promised myself I wouldn't look at the setlists or worry about them given that each tour leg is supposed to be different, but here I am.
    I KNOW! I saw that it ended at 9pm, my jaw dropped to the floor. The headlining act usually isn't even on by 9pm let alone finished, hah.

But you know how it is... I told msyelf the same thing when Tension started. Not looking at a setlist to a NIN show is IMPOSSIBLE.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Javra View Post
    If I was to throw a random guess in there I'd say it seems like they didn't have time to rehearse new things / work on a production maybe in part because of the Gone Girl soundtrack.
    When I read that recent interview with Trent I thought the exact same thing, where do you take time to rehearse all of this? Well I guess we will hear some new songs later on

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    We've been talking about the setilist, not the concert itself, but besides your main point you got everything else right.

Nice try though, ou should print screen it and send it to Trent himself, he might appreciate the effort.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I'm also bored by the setlist. Couldn't they print it out on colored paper or use a more interesting font?

EDIT: Thought of a productive thing to say - About the shortness of the concert, it might be that these Japan shows were thought of more like leading up to the Australia/New Zealand shows. I'm guessing those shows, like the NIN/JA tour, will also be relatively short since it's split with QOTSA.
    Last edited by m15a; 02-25-2014 at 03:58 PM.