Page 290 of 528 FirstFirst ... 190 240 280 288 289 290 291 292 300 340 390 ... LastLast
Results 8,671 to 8,700 of 15828

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    I like to imagine what was going through in Trent's head when he commissioned Eugene to remix Everything: "All right, here's the vocal track. I want you to FUCK IT UP. Like, completely. FUCK EVERYTHING."
    It's like that one meme. (Forgive me, please.)

"What kinda cut you want?"

"Just fuck me up."
    Last edited by nooneimportant; 07-09-2016 at 10:59 PM.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    It's like that one meme. (Forgive me, please.)

"What kinda cut you want?"

"Just fuck me up."

Oh man that reminds me of this scene so much

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    The question is where the hell is Daniel Patrick "Danny" Lohner (born December 13, 1970), frequently known as Renholdėr.
    The bigger question is, given how talented he is, why did he leave NIN? And not become a permanent member of A Perfect Circle?

I mean just listen to his fucking remix of The Outsider by APC and The Undertaker by Puscifer. And Bowie's Bring Me The Disco King.

And his remixes of Underneath The Stars and Apart by The Cure.

Danny Lohner is just like this super talented fuck who just gets forgotten or cast aside for Christ knows what reason. He should have and should be in the picture so much more. It's The Great NIN-Related Mystery in my opinion. Maybe he's just an angel who only appears now and then to bless us with awesome shit.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Danny also did a sick contribution to a LoL (League of Legends) song a few years back. I'd totally listen a whole record of those.

The other day I was watching random ass Metallica videos and I saw Danny auditioned for them as a bassist. It was so strange! Danny was long gone when I got into NIN, but I always imagined him as this multi-talented, jack of all trades creative musician, and not someone who would seriously stick to playing bass on such a serious level as with a band like Metallica. Then again, I have no idea how good of a bassists he was/is. Btw Jeordie auditioned for that role too!

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    NIN world is currently the equivalent of yelling into a black hole, saying "is anybody there?" and it echoing back, in the style of the voice you hear in the Fist Fuck samples.
    And with all the pleading, needing, bleeding, breeding, feeding, exceeding, trying, lying, defying, crying and dying...

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Let's change the board name from Echoing The Sound to Echo Chamber until there's news. Or... Echoplex? That sounds like a good ETS competitor name.
    I've actually thought about Echoplex as a name for a Nine Inch Nails forum ever since The Slip came out, as far as a name that still had the word echo in it. Echoplex also looks very nice on the eyes, sounds nice on the ears, and it's a lot shorter to type for the sake of ease and convenience as well. (This isn't to say that ETS is hard to type by any means either, especially since it's become like a reflex to me for quite some time.)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    https://www.instagram.com/dannylohner

He probably posts them other places, too.
    Haha, great. He has the "its still real to me dammnit" guy up on there, Never thought of him as a Pro Wrestling fan though, awesome.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    This performance, it‘s just fucking great. Everything this song should be.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    hey, not being troll-y or provoking...seriously asking:
    do you feel trent owes us, period?
    i know he said new nin this year, but does that truly make him obligated?
    just curious...

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I wouldn't use the term "owed" because I've paid nothing for anything not yet delivered, but I do think it's a matter of keeping your word and a sign of good faith that when you say "I'll be putting this thing out in this time frame" that you do it, and, if not, be as transparent as possible as to why not.

In general I think NIN fans would be far less bitchy about unreleased things if Trent just took the six minutes to write an iPhone note on why ______ isn't out yet and post it on any variety of websites. It's really not hard to do that. It's the hard promises followed by utter silence that breed a lot of frustration.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew View Post
    just curious...
    If a piece of art isn't finished to someone's satisfaction by some point they said they would release it, it's perfectly understandable to keep working on it until it's "perfect".

Also, he's given us The Slip and the first part of Ghosts for free... so I think his owing account is out of the red.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    What, you release an album like The Slip for free and that means he can later "cash in" on that and just disappear for years without releasing anything of great relevance under the moniker of NIN? Not even a Q&A or status update to at least TELL US where his mind is and where he sees NIN in the coming years. As I said, Trent is terrible in the PR department, so basically we are either swimming in new goodies or we can go fuck ourselves, but not much in-between.

Who knows, maybe months from now he comes out with the Tension DVD, a free new record, The Fragile Reissue and a 1,5 years long tour then we won't hear about NIN for a good 5 years, aside from random new merchandises.

Quote Originally Posted by Lew View Post
    just curious...
    Trent should own himself with respecting NIN and its legacy. Yes, he could literally stop producing anything NIN related stuff and he'd have enough money and work opportunities to even feed his great grandkids, but - in my eyes - it's not cool that he doesn't seem to respect the fact that he used to be Trent Reznor from Nine Inch Nails, and not Trent Reznor, who by the way also runs NIN.

Absolute radio silence, then boom, out of nowhere Cargo in(/of?) Blood, buy it, thanks bye. Oooh, now you can use your Facebook page? Give me a break. People just keep justyfying it with some bullshit explanations like "ooooh if you've been around during The Fragile..." or "oooh, he's like that!" Just no.
    Last edited by Volband; 07-10-2016 at 02:20 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    ^^^Cargo in the Blood was worth every penny, it's beautiful.

But yes about the PR aspect. Remember when Trent was giving advice to new artists in this day and age, either on that Digg interview or a blog post, "keep putting new content on your website. Give people a reason to keep coming back"! Come on take your own advice Trent.

EDIT : I found the blog post and to be fair it was specific to new bands but the subtext of that is, if you're established you can take fans for granted but I honestly don't think that is true anymore
    http://forum.nin.com/bb/read.php?30,...183#msg-767183

The thing is, I have been a fan since 1992 so I experienced the 2 droughts of NIN in the mid to late 90s and early 2000s. To be honest it didn't bother me unduly then because I wasn't online. But now social media has happened expectations have just changed I can't deny it
    Last edited by WorzelG; 07-10-2016 at 02:59 PM.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I truly do not see why somebody -- Rob, Trent, Leo Herrera -- can't just say "Hey, The Fragile Deluxe Edition is snagged up because of legal trouble and we'll say something the minute we can move forward with it" if that's the issue. Billy Corgan did that with the Machina reissue -- literally a few months after talking about it, instead of years, and nobody got upset at him since they understood the situation. If that's not the issue, then they could still do the same with whatever it is. It's fucking annoying.

I don't think the residential douchebags in the NIN fanbase would be doing the old song and dance about the Tension blu ray if they just had come out and said "We can't release it because _____." A lot of people asssume it may have to do with song rights issues -- which I could totally see -- just fuckin' tweet that.

It's weird being a big Smashing Pumpkins fan since there is so much transparency, for better or for worse, while also being so into NIN, where we pretty much never know anything until something is actually put out. I get Trent's got a weird set of standards, but, good Christ, can the Everything or the Every Day ... videos truly be any shittier than Deep? Is it so much to ask to just get an announcement about when something is scrapped? Etc. It's a real bitch at times and so many trolls make digital careers out of harping on this shit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    I truly do not see why somebody -- Rob, Trent, Leo Herrera -- can't just say "Hey, The Fragile Deluxe Edition is snagged up because of legal trouble and we'll say something the minute we can move forward with it" if that's the issue. Billy Corgan did that with the Machina reissue -- literally a few months after talking about it, instead of years, and nobody got upset at him since they understood the situation. If that's not the issue, then they could still do the same with whatever it is. It's fucking annoying.

I don't think the residential douchebags in the NIN fanbase would be doing the old song and dance about the Tension blu ray if they just had come out and said "We can't release it because _____." A lot of people asssume it may have to do with song rights issues -- which I could totally see -- just fuckin' tweet that.

It's weird being a big Smashing Pumpkins fan since there is so much transparency, for better or for worse, while also being so into NIN, where we pretty much never know anything until something is actually put out. I get Trent's got a weird set of standards, but, good Christ, can the Everything or the Every Day ... videos truly be any shittier than Deep? Is it so much to ask to just get an announcement about when something is scrapped? Etc. It's a real bitch at times and so many trolls make digital careers out of harping on this shit.
    and what makes things worse? well.. theres the one troll and then theres the few that give reasons as to why certain projects haven't been released and the conversation keeps going in circles.
    you are right about commenting on projects that still haven't been released.

he doesn't even have to involve other websites either, making comments on nin.com would be good enough but hey... apparently his fans aren't important enough for him? i dunno...

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Sometimes the legal trouble doesn't let you talk about the legal trouble - video game No Man's Sky was caught in years-long legal battles with uk tv provider Sky over name usage and couldn't tell anyone that was a reason for game delays until after the fact. If someone is holding it all up, it might be out of their hands, and leaking it as a fuck you would be a great way to get sued to kingdom come

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Sometimes the legal trouble doesn't let you talk about the legal trouble - video game No Man's Sky was caught in years-long legal battles with uk tv provider Sky over name usage and couldn't tell anyone that was a reason for game delays until after the fact. If someone is holding it all up, it might be out of their hands, and leaking it as a fuck you would be a great way to get sued to kingdom come
    Like how leaking the Broken Movie or Closure DVD or uploading torrent collections of old material or telling fans to steal Year Zero would all be good ways to get sued?

I don't know, that still doesn't mean they can't just come out and say "That project might be a while." Even a vague update would be better than dead silence. Offering pre-order updates via email and then video teasers on Instagram and then dead silence is rather ridiculous IMHO.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    good Christ, can the Everything or the Every Day ... videos truly be any shittier than Deep?
    ha ha, so very true. Weird double standards of video quality, not even mentioning the Came Back Haunted video. I don't understand why he hasn't got David Fincher to make some videos though
    Last edited by WorzelG; 07-10-2016 at 06:00 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Y'all need to learn when to let go.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    ha ha, so very true. Weird double standards of video quality, not even mentioning the Came Back Haunted video. I don't understand why he hasn't got David Fincher to make some videos though
    People reacted so poorly to the Only video (even though I really like it). Though for me Dragon Tattoo is a three hour-long music video by David Fincher for Trent Reznor.

I don't have an issue with the CBH video -- I just dislike that NIN albums now get one video at best and it's probably going to underwhelm. Year Zero should've had tons of videos, even a longform film-type deal like The Wall or even shorter like Kanye's Runaway in terms of length. How to Destroy Angels has had more creative videos than NIN has in a while now.

Really the general condemnation of Everything just because people on twitter are cunts is so irritating to me. That done with the 2014 NA setup leading into CBH would've kicked ass.
    @seasonsinthesky we've gotta let go, but do we gotta get straight? I'm not sure those conversion centers in the South work very well.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Like how leaking the Broken Movie or Closure DVD or uploading torrent collections of old material or telling fans to steal Year Zero would all be good ways to get sued?

I don't know, that still doesn't mean they can't just come out and say "That project might be a while." Even a vague update would be better than dead silence. Offering pre-order updates via email and then video teasers on Instagram and then dead silence is rather ridiculous IMHO.
    Those were development hell, not legal issues. An update of "delayed indef" might be nice, but without knowing the background we gotta assume it just ain't coming until we know it's coming.
    Like liteally half the things Trent ever talks about.
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Didn't know Only vid was hated here, thought it was pretty fucking cool actually.

CBH on the other hand.... YEEESSH! There were some parts in there that are flat out embarrassing.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I quite like the "Only" vid, simple and direct.
    The "Came Back Haunted" video was probably THE most disappointing collaboration between two great talents ever... such a terrible video.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

I agree.

GIVE US A ONE SENTENCE FUCKING UPDATE ON THE FRAGILE REISSUE, TRENT!

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    I like how it's okay to sit on a high horse when criticising music videos like Deep. The only good NIN music video is TPF, all of the rest is either average at best OR impossible to rate, because it's either a concert footage or from the Broken movie. I like WITT, but it could have been so much more. But sure, Deep was too commercial of a track, so I guess super close up artsy shots of Trent's eyebrows >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Deep MV.

whoops, forgot about Closer, that's a really nice vid too, obviously, but TPF is my #1
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Duuuude, you need to live on another planet to think it would hold Trent Reznor back. He never gave a fuck about stuff like this and at this day and age it's even easier to anonymously leak stuff. Create a reddit account ---> open a thread about how "close sources to NIN" says corporate X and Y are to blame for the delay --> delete after 10 minutes ---> OH SHIT, SOMEONE PRINT SCREENED IT, DAMNIT!! ---> profit. His hate for corporate tools always made him either find a way or just literally say to steal his stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    I quite like the "Only" vid, simple and direct.
    The "Came Back Haunted" video was probably THE most disappointing collaboration between two great talents ever... such a terrible video.
    It's funny, because if some noname guy would've made it, he would've been called a pretentious, artsy wannabe, but I'm sure that this way many people think they are special because unlike us, they are fucking getting that music video. Sadly, all I get is a seizure.
    Last edited by Volband; 07-11-2016 at 03:21 AM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    TPF? Was that meant as The Perfect Drug? Not sure what's so good about that vid, plus it's got Trent pedo-stache which is a bit of a scary sight.

If there was a vote here I'm guessing Closer would rank pretty high, if not at the top.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    The perfect drug video is perfect. Even the 'stache.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    The stache is the cornerstone of that video, leave the stache alone.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I check this board and the twitter accounts almost every day for NIN/TR news and I am hungry for new material just like everyone else. That being said, the dude has 3 kids under the age of 6 AND an office job AND does soundtracks AND manages all aspects of NIN/HTDA. Hell, I have a one year old and an office job and barely have time to do anything! We all know that he tends to bite off more than he can chew (and has admitted that in numerous interviews.)

Bottom line: I think the Apple gig is taking waaayyy more time and effort than he had planned, but he committed to help fix it and will see it through.

In today's world with having to know everything the second you want an answer, I'm kind of enjoying this silence and anticipation. It will make the day the announcement that much more exciting, IMO. I think whatever NIN he has planned will come out in the fall/4th qtr and we should have a morsel in the next month or two. Or I could be wrong and I'll just blame Apple for delaying everything for a product I'll never use.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    TPF? Was that meant as The Perfect Drug? Not sure what's so good about that vid, plus it's got Trent pedo-stache which is a bit of a scary sight.

If there was a vote here I'm guessing Closer would rank pretty high, if not at the top.
    To me, it's a music video where more did not end up being less. Sure, it's trippy, wird and filled with "woah, dude, that's some deep shit!" moments, but the same could be said about Closer. What would probably tip the scales for Closer (if we ignore that it's a more well-received song than TPF) is probably how elegant it is. TPF is a rush, like a, geez, a drug I suppose, while Closer is like a good wine.

And come oon, Trent rocked that look! It's so funny that look is basically molded with TPF. He did not ever perform looking like that, did he?

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    @Volband is your keyboard missing the D because I'm sure @Ryan would love to deliver it to you