Page 233 of 263 FirstFirst ... 133 183 223 231 232 233 234 235 243 ... LastLast
Results 6,961 to 6,990 of 7888

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    There was never a vinyl version of FI released, was there?...
    No. It was discussed but no bueno so far.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Well it's officially postponed.

One great big festering neon distraction....
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    There was never a vinyl version of FI released, was there?...
    Not an official one. There are bootlegs though.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I've heard various Tool songs over the years and never got it. Listened to Aenima and thought it was meh. Listened to a few tracks off Fear Inoculum and thought they were meh. Didn't like Maynard's voice, didn't like Puscifer when it came out for the first time.

Fast forward to about six weeks ago when I gave Fear Inoculum a front-to-back listen and something clicked. No idea what happened. Somewhere along the line, I started to enjoy Tool. Checked out Lateralus and was blown away. Revisited Aenima and wondered what the hell I was thinking before.

Now I'm trying to get a copy of Aenima. Seems like the EU version doesn't have the awesome lenticular cover. Quite frustrating; I'll have to import if I want it. Are there any other CD releases like this I should avoid?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    I've heard various Tool songs over the years and never got it. Listened to Aenima and thought it was meh. Listened to a few tracks off Fear Inoculum and thought they were meh. Didn't like Maynard's voice, didn't like Puscifer when it came out for the first time.

Fast forward to about six weeks ago when I gave Fear Inoculum a front-to-back listen and something clicked. No idea what happened. Somewhere along the line, I started to enjoy Tool. Checked out Lateralus and was blown away. Revisited Aenima and wondered what the hell I was thinking before.

Now I'm trying to get a copy of Aenima. Seems like the EU version doesn't have the awesome lenticular cover. Quite frustrating; I'll have to import if I want it. Are there any other CD releases like this I should avoid?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    One of the bands that just slipped through the cracks for me too. First thing I ever bought was Salival in 2000 lol. Whoooops!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    One of the bands that just slipped through the cracks for me too. First thing I ever bought was Salival in 2000 lol. Whoooops!
    ditto. and salival is incredible. that live version of "pushit" blows the studio version so far out of the water it ends up in a black hole.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

a band at the peak of their powers. Maynard's voice is a fucking blowtorch. Band is clearly still hungry, and not the bloated, goofball shit we get now . And you can see what Danny is doing pretty easily, which is the best part of a Tool show. Fantastic recording.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    the bloated, goofball shit we get now
    uh what?

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Did anyone watch this yet? God damn:

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Footage of Danny playing Tempest from his drum tech

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-YaGqGJ0_x/

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    Footage of Danny playing Tempest from his drum tech

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-YaGqGJ0_x/
    Man, I hope they get some live stuff recorded. Danny obviously just fucking loved it and Maynard seems to be grooving on having new material to perform. Adam seems like he’s enjoying sharing stuff from the road. Justin just always seems up for whatever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Did anyone watch this yet? God damn:

This just reestablishes what I said about Invincible a while back....it is essentially a Rush song.

I could totally see Alex Lifeson and Geddy Lee on acoustics performing the song live. The lyrics are straight up Neil. RIP.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    This is not what I expected. Impressive

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Yeah that is 10 of 10 for an acoustic guitar cover.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    This just reestablishes what I said about Invincible a while back....
    This just reestablishes the fact that I suck at musical instruments.

Awesome job by that dude.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    I’d forget what having an orgasm feels like if I were that dude after performing that on acoustic.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I decided to look at an Invincible bootleg after that incredible acoustic cover, and remembered something I had wanted to post here a while back: Invincible is as good as it's gotten with this band. Seriously. This is the best song they've ever written (before FI came out my previous favorite Tool song was Lateralus). And to think that I didn't like the song at first, when that video of that first performance at a US festival came out...I think it took me like two or three listens to understand this song. FI as a whole album is still not as good as Aenema or Lateralus (this last one being still my favorite) but I don't think they will be able to top Invincible (and FWIW, I think Descending is their second best song, with now Lateralus being my personal third place). The Berlin performance of Invincible is amazing, the guys are so into it:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Invincible was the song I was most excited to hear based on the early live recordings and the studio version didn't disappoint me. Still my favorite track on FI though 7empest and Pneuma come close.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    I had no idea so much recording footage from Undertow exists.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Potentially controversial opinion: I certainly don't dislike Invincible – it's still a great song, don't get me wrong – but I also don't understand why it's held in such high regard for so many others. It kinda just seems like a mid-grade Tool song to me. I personally find the title track, Pneuma, Descending, and 7empest to all be vastly superior songs. Perhaps in time I'll come see it in a different light and appreciate it more, but for now, it's near the bottom of the Fear Inoculum pile for me.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Potentially controversial opinion: I certainly don't dislike Invincible – it's still a great song, don't get me wrong – but I also don't understand why it's held in such high regard for so many others. It kinda just seems like a mid-grade Tool song to me. I personally find the title track, Pneuma, Descending, and 7empest to all be vastly superior songs. Perhaps in time I'll come see it in a different light and appreciate it more, but for now, it's near the bottom of the Fear Inoculum pile for me.
    I just really like the way it's structured and the sentiment behind the lyrics (because I'm getting old lol). Yea it kind of recycles ideas they've played with before, but the way it builds into the final minute or two is everything I wanted from a new Tool record. On my first listen to Fear Inoculum, the title track and Pneuma sounded fine but not mind blowing. Certainly better than the last APC album. Then I made it through Invincible and felt a sense of relief that the boys actually pulled it off and gave us something that can sit nicely with the high points of their previous albums. Felt the same way after finishing Descending as well. Those two songs back to back really make the record worthy in my opinion.

Fear Inoculum, the song, finally clicked with me the past couple of weeks after I learned the bass line. It's a simple song but catchy and sticks with you.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    OK, that acoustic cover was just mindblowing!!

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    I had no idea so much recording footage from Undertow exists.

There used to be an hour or more of this, and it all disappeared. Did anyone happen to save it?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    There used to be an hour or more of this, and it all disappeared. Did anyone happen to save it?
    ^Seconded. I used to have the full version but I cannot locate it. Must have lost it on an old drive that died years ago before I started doing backups. If anyone has the file and wants to share, please do.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Touring postponed thru the June 23rd show.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Touring postponed thru the June 23rd show.
    Yeah, Rammstein's next. This went from, quite possibly, what was going to be the best year in existence to the worst with the snap of a finger (not a marvel pun).

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Yeah, Rammstein's next. This went from, quite possibly, what was going to be the best year in existence to the worst with the snap of a finger (not a marvel pun).
    Yeah I've been saying that too, this year was going to be awesome.

If I'm real lucky I might still be able to see Megadeth in November.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Yeah I've been saying that too, this year was going to be awesome.

If I'm real lucky I might still be able to see Megadeth in November.
    But unfortunately (with all due respect) we will be seeing mega deaths before then.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

two years old, hopefully not posted previously.

I like it but the horns go a little high at times and make it too obvious.