Page 231 of 264 FirstFirst ... 131 181 221 229 230 231 232 233 241 ... LastLast
Results 6,901 to 6,930 of 7892

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    My mom just randomly texted me asking if I would want to go to TOOL with her if she bought tickets on Friday. Uhhhhhh hell yes?! She is 65 and going to Tool on her own will. I love this woman.
    She’s going on her own? She need a date?

^^^ asking for a friend. o_O

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    She’s going on her own? She need a date?

^^^ asking for a friend. o_O
    Haha nah we're going together but she was gonna go regardless of if I went with her or not.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Anyone in MN or WI trying to buy tickets in person at the venue tomorrow? If so, I'd really appreciate if you could message me! Would really appreciate any help getting tickets in the first 10-15 rows!

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Ticketmaster blows chunks. I can't even get in the waiting room? Site keeps crashing.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Well I got lucky. Jesus they're a hot ticket. Shit sells out at warp speed. Actually got floor seats this time as opposed to nosebleeds. Like I said, lucky. I swear I don't think it matters how fast you get into the waiting room prior to queue. It just randomly adds IDs so you're either lucky or not.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    After about 45 minutes of sitting in the queue, getting kicked out of the queue, rejoining the queue, etc. I finally got through only to find out the worst seats in the building were $93 before fees. To put that into perspective, the Elton John tickets I got in the exact same section were $80-something AFTER fees. What the fuck?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    It could have been a disaster. The queue wouldn't refresh. I changed browser, than I couldn't reserve tickets... Changed again, queued again, then I got it! Behind the floorseats. This will be my 2nd time seeing Tool.

Wth this and Roger Waters, my wallet is crying...

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Wichita used some bullshit ass site called Select A Seat and it was a goddamn shit show. The site wouldn't blacken out seats already selected. So if you picked seats and put them in your cart and it was already sold it’d just say “These aren’t available”, but like at the very end. So you had thousands of people in there just clicking on random seats until they actually got some that said they were available. A total shit show. Can’t believe I actually got the tickets. Ended up with third row too. Tool fan since 1998, but this will be my first time seeing them.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Wichita used some bullshit ass site called Select A Seat and it was a goddamn shit show. The site wouldn't blacken out seats already selected. So if you picked seats and put them in your cart and it was already sold it’d just say “These aren’t available”, but like at the very end. So you had thousands of people in there just clicking on random seats until they actually got some that said they were available. A total shit show. Can’t believe I actually got the tickets. Ended up with third row too. Tool fan since 1998, but this will be my first time seeing them.
    You actually got third row floor seats? If so, that's insane. Now will you resist temptation to resell for an absurd amount? Either way, congratulations.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Just closed that tab as quickly as I could lmao. Vancouver prices:

Floor - $500
    Lower Bowl - $250
    Upper Bowl - $127

Hahahahahahahaha fuck that.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post

Floor - $500
    Lower Bowl - $250
    Upper Bowl - $127

Pretty sure that's some TM markup shenanigans, because Tool themselves were charging $500 for the VIP even. Unless that's just gross Canadian inflation too? yikes. Grand Rapids was just under $145 lower bowl after fees. (yes, that's still a lot. guess it's the new normal.)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Hell yes got section B very back row just about middle fob

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    After being fucked over by their queue system over and over...I got my **expensive** ass mediocre seats for the Madison show..

Last edited by Mr. Blaileen; 02-28-2020 at 12:22 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I managed to get (actually my wife did) Floor section 4, row 3 for Minneapolis, but that was stressful as fuck, kept getting an "internal error" code that would cause me to lose the tickets in my cart.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I got that internal error repeatedly, had to back out of the queue to get it to change and lost out on some great seats because of it.

Salty.

The $70 in fees for two tickets doesn't help either.

I know that'll all melt away when I'm at the show..but fuck.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pulse View Post
    You actually got third row floor seats? If so, that's insane. Now will you resist temptation to resell for an absurd amount? Either way, congratulations.
    No no, third row lower level.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    No no, third row lower level.
    Congrats nonetheless!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Got a ticket for both North Cal dates.
    @TheRealNs1 don’t jinx it man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Something's definitely up with Ticketmaster Canada. When I went to see seats at like 10:02 there were a TON available. But even with the exchange rate between USD and CAD, other shows aren't near the prices they are up here. I'm seeing other U.S. cities with floor seats at like 1/3 the cost? I've seen numerous articles with TM Canada in heat from our government, so maybe they're trying to make as much cash before the hammer drops haha.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post

Floor - $500
    Lower Bowl - $250
    Upper Bowl - $127

Aren't you getting a free ticket to the show anyway?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Aren't you getting a free ticket to the show anyway?
    I am but was hoping to snag a few as a birthday present. I love my friend, but I don’t $1000 love him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Damn I kept getting a fraud prevention code sent to my main phone that I did not have on me, so I had to wait till after 5 to buy mine, got like almost last row lower bowl and can't believe I got that. I generalary like lower bowl dead center about half way up for a big production light show like tool or tension. I will say I thought 112 a ticket after fees was pretty low end average for a band of their draw.
    Last edited by bryan_NIN65; 02-28-2020 at 07:50 PM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I think Tool tickets have now reached a greater supply rather than demand- there’s a lot of seats available to almost all of these venues. They have toured quite a bit over the US over the past year or so. Should be awesome seats available the day-of.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I think Tool tickets have now reached a greater supply rather than demand- there’s a lot of seats available to almost all of these venues. They have toured quite a bit over the US over the past year or so. Should be awesome seats available the day-of.
    When they played the Sioux Falls Areana in 2002 the place was half empty, and that was a 5000 seat venue. Now their playing our new Premier Center capacity 13000. I have a feeling there will be a lot of empty seats... They haven't gotten more popular since then, less if anything...

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Yeah, I was shocked when I woke up at 12:30pm this afternoon, 2.5 hrs after they had already gone on sale to see a lot of decent tickets were still available. I'm not in town when they're here so I had no need to wake up early and buy tickets. Kinda shocked considering how fast RATM sold out. It was a complete gong-show mess to obtain those, and to be honest, I thought it was gonna be the other way around. Seeing the prices of RATM, and how it was all a 1-tiered price system I said "these won't sell out right away" and they did. Shows what I know.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Ended up with row 9 Madison, WI, row 15 Sioux Falls (but a friend snagged row 8 so I'll be selling be the 15), and crappy 100 level at my home in MN (while ticketmaster is evil, AXS is incompetent and evil -- no seat by map selection really??).

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Posted this on the Metallica forums, but gonna post it here also:

I need to (finally) get this off my chest: I saw Tool live for the first time last year, and left the show … hugely DISAPPOINTED.

I gotta say that I’m a Tool fan, but not a super-fan.

There were moments during the show where I actually felt bored. I couldn’t believe I was feeling bored in a concert, let alone in my first Tool concert. Admittedly, that probably was during some of the new songs, which I had not been familiar with at that point. I was more like “ok, this sounds like that part in Lateralus, or that sounds like The Grudge”.

But the whole show was lacking a certain energy.

Maybe I am spoilt by Metallica or Nine Inch Nails shows, which bring a very intense energy from the stage. On the other hand, I do watch bands from other genres, which have their very own, and often subdued energy. And I can definitely appreciate that.

However, with that Tool show, it just wasn’t there.

I often read about “how amazing” the light show was. Really? Have you seen other bands?

What they brought to the European shows last year, really wasn’t anything special. From what I’ve seen, they have beefed up their production for their recent US shows, but I’m not gonna judge from that.

Maybe that show wasn’t targeted at me. Maybe it clicked more for the super-fans.

I get it … There is that moment in the Nine Inch Nails song “Hurt”, where, in concert, during the pre-chorus they usually show a snake staring at the audience. That moment brings tears to my eyes EVERY TIME, and I’m probably not alone. Maybe seeing glimpses of a Schism or whatever video flicker across the backdrop does the same for a Tool super-fan, but for me overall, the production was far from mind-blowing.

Oh, and that 12 minute countdown between the main set and the encore? What a terrible buzzkill. Totally brought down the mood for me. Especially, when you then see all these metal dudes eating their ice-creams during that break. It was almost comedic.

I did appreciate the no-phone policy. The security was a little annoying about it, but I get it, it’s not something they have to enforce every day.

Anyways, I left the show during Stinkist to catch my train. I really felt I wasn’t missing out on anything.

It kinda bothers me to this day, that’s why I’m writing this long-ass post, I guess. I really like Tool. I can sink into their songs and I find the guys very interesting. Maynard as a whole package, and I’m a huge fan of Justin. I’m actually finishing a bass cover of The Pot, these days.

Why did it not click with me?

Maybe I was tired. Maybe I should have been front row? Does one have to take drugs to fully appreciate a Tool show?

I might have answered some of my own questions, but I’m wondering what you guys think about this.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    Posted this on the Metallica forums, but gonna post it here also:

I need to (finally) get this off my chest: I saw Tool live for the first time last year, and left the show … hugely DISAPPOINTED.

I gotta say that I’m a Tool fan, but not a super-fan.

There were moments during the show where I actually felt bored. I couldn’t believe I was feeling bored in a concert, let alone in my first Tool concert. Admittedly, that probably was during some of the new songs, which I had not been familiar with at that point. I was more like “ok, this sounds like that part in Lateralus, or that sounds like The Grudge”.

Maybe I am spoilt by Metallica or Nine Inch Nails shows, which bring a very intense energy from the stage. On the other hand, I do watch bands from other genres, which have their very own, and often subdued energy. And I can definitely appreciate that.

However, with that Tool show, it just wasn’t there.

I often read about “how amazing” the light show was. Really? Have you seen other bands?

What they brought to the European shows last year, really wasn’t anything special. From what I’ve seen, they have beefed up their production for their recent US shows, but I’m not gonna judge from that.

Maybe that show wasn’t targeted at me. Maybe it clicked more for the super-fans.

I get it … There is that moment in the Nine Inch Nails song “Hurt”, where, in concert, during the pre-chorus they usually show a snake staring at the audience. That moment brings tears to my eyes EVERY TIME, and I’m probably not alone. Maybe seeing glimpses of a Schism or whatever video flicker across the backdrop does the same for a Tool super-fan, but for me overall, the production was far from mind-blowing.

Oh, and that 12 minute countdown between the main set and the encore? What a terrible buzzkill. Totally brought down the mood for me. Especially, when you then see all these metal dudes eating their ice-creams during that break. It was almost comedic.

I did appreciate the no-phone policy. The security was a little annoying about it, but I get it, it’s not something they have to enforce every day.

Anyways, I left the show during Stinkist to catch my train. I really felt I wasn’t missing out on anything.

It kinda bothers me to this day, that’s why I’m writing this long-ass post, I guess. I really like Tool. I can sink into their songs and I find the guys very interesting. Maynard as a whole package, and I’m a huge fan of Justin. I’m actually finishing a bass cover of The Pot, these days.

Why did it not click with me?

Maybe I was tired. Maybe I should have been front row? Does one have to take drugs to fully appreciate a Tool show?

I might have answered some of my own questions, but I’m wondering what you guys think about this.
    You want us to explain to you why you didn't connect with a particular concert? I mean, I don't know what to tell you. You already provided explanations in your own post. Tool are an artsy fartsy prog band that perform to a visual experience. You either connect to it or you don't. It's not for everyone. Hey look, I am sure there were people disappointed at Pink Floyd shows back in the day despite the multitudes that had their minds blown. You're human; I don't know what to tell you beyond that to justify the way you feel. Try them again? If that doesn't work, save your money for someone else next time.
    Last edited by pulse; 02-29-2020 at 10:17 AM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I don’t know what their production was in Europe last year, so can’t speak for that. If it was their dumbed-down festival production then I do feel bad for the fans. If someone wants a “high energy” front man like early days David Lee Roth in Van Halen then they aren’t going to get that.

Like Pulse said, different strokes for different folks. I know people who don’t like NIN live, or came away disappointed anyways. I got to see Pantera twice and thought the shows were pretty bad as well, definitely nothing memorable and they sounded bad.

And full disclosure: outside of having a few beers, I don’t do any recreational drugs.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    There were moments during the show where I actually felt bored. I couldn’t believe I was feeling bored in a concert...

Does one have to take drugs to fully appreciate a Tool show?
    Absolutely no for the drugs. That question pops up, either ironically or not, again and again in the jam band community. It wasn't your vibe or speed, as already suggested by yourself and others.

As a general rule, (recreational) drugs and public are never a good idea if you're trying to force a mood. Reinforce, or enhance, but never force. All physical safety concerns aside, you can end up in tangential circles mentally. Not trying to lecture; safety first and what not.