PDA

View Full Version : Random NIN Questions

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

screwdriver
02-16-2012, 11:34 AM
ok, I need someone to confirm that I am in fact crazy. I could've sworn there was version of TDWWA that started off with the choir chanting quite loudly, before settling into the "quiet" version. Basically, the "quiet" mix, but with the chanting in the beginning, not just the noise. but I can't find this anywhere. Did I just completely imagine this?

BenAkenobi
02-16-2012, 11:54 AM
just checked, the "Quiet" (3rd track on TDTWWA single) does begin with very prominent NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA, same on WITT single :-|

screwdriver
02-16-2012, 12:05 PM
Okay, GOOD. I'm not nutso. But then what about this...? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmzzu3HqL4c

Edit: Sweet jesus that embed is huge. Apologies

MAD
02-16-2012, 12:20 PM
Hmmm

Idoliside Remix.
http://ninremixes.com/index.php?showonly=unofficialremixes&id=110

screwdriver
02-16-2012, 12:49 PM
Thanks everyone. Glad I wasn't inventing things.

heroicraptor
02-16-2012, 01:10 PM
I was going to point you to the Random NIN Questions thread, but apparently there wasn't one. Thanks.

MAD
02-16-2012, 01:27 PM
You might want to merge this one too: http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/707-With-Teeth-Demos

heroicraptor
02-16-2012, 01:33 PM
Nah, there was a discussion going on there.

theimage13
02-26-2012, 09:51 PM
Random question:

Did Trent, or the "shady character" who happened to get his hands on all that LITS-era footage, ever address the fact that there was never anything released audio-wise except for the embedded MP3 tracks? From someone who offers all his work in just about every lossless format under the sun, it struck me as odd that a FLAC version of those shows never happened to mysteriously find their way onto the web. I'm not complaining; the mixes sound terrific. Just seems a little out of character, and I'm curious if there was a specific reason for it.

botley
02-26-2012, 10:07 PM
Random question:

Did Trent, or the "shady character" who happened to get his hands on all that LITS-era footage, ever address the fact that there was never anything released audio-wise except for the embedded MP3 tracks? From someone who offers all his work in just about every lossless format under the sun, it struck me as odd that a FLAC version of those shows never happened to mysteriously find their way onto the web. I'm not complaining; the mixes sound terrific. Just seems a little out of character, and I'm curious if there was a specific reason for it.
From what I recall, all audio on The Gift footage was lossless... 16-bit uncompressed WAV at 48kHz if I'm not mistaken. MP3 audio is not something you'd want to embed in source material.

theimage13
02-27-2012, 06:00 AM
Huh. Did it never get ripped and shared in lossless? I seem to remember being puzzled about not being able to find anything higher than a 192kbps version. If you know of a link for something higher, I'd love to pick it up!

BenAkenobi
02-27-2012, 06:38 AM
TPB has audio from Victoria, Portland and Sacramento in FLAC, and they sound just fine

theimage13
02-27-2012, 06:32 PM
Wow. I have no idea how I missed that. Only one seeder listed for Portland though, and I can't seem to connect. I'll leave things running for a little while and see if my luck changes.

edit: derp, nevermind. There's a freakin' zip file of it on RITC. Why did I not look there first?

Beta
03-11-2012, 06:15 AM
where is this guy who posted all these uber-technical descriptions to many of the TGWTDT-soundtrack songs? i cant even find his posts anymore. i need him :)

BenAkenobi
03-11-2012, 06:51 AM
his username is Jon. i think he meant to compare CD and vinyl which isn't out yet. what other "uber-technical" info do you expect?

PhoenixML
03-12-2012, 09:28 AM
So... what's going on? HDTA this year? New NIN? Ghosts 5-8? Year Zero mini-tv-series? Wave Goodbye gift? Fragile 13th anniversary collection? Official Closure DVD? Question session with a bigillion useless questions about Tapeworm and Marilyn Manson?

sheepdean
03-12-2012, 09:46 AM
There will never be an official Closure DVD, until Interscope need money anyway. HTDA is a cert, it's finished so we only assume "soon". YZTV I doubt even piloting until 2013 though.

TF DE is due about 2046 though.

fillow
03-12-2012, 09:47 AM
Yes to all except Closure. It's blu-ray now.

Aaron_Morehead
03-14-2012, 02:06 AM
HEY GUYS! need your help- i was watching "the hand that feeds" video over and over all night and at ~1:49 in the video I noticed an odd man standing behind trent- PLEASE- help me find out who this guy is

thanks dudes

MAD
03-26-2012, 06:17 AM
Is the NIN|JA tour sampler available somewhere? I noticed I'm missing it from my collection.
I'm looking for something other than torrents since I currently don't have access to any.

hologram parade
03-26-2012, 06:35 AM
HEY GUYS! need your help- i was watching "the hand that feeds" video over and over all night and at ~1:49 in the video I noticed an odd man standing behind trent- PLEASE- help me find out who this guy is

thanks dudes

random crew, friends etc (see rehearsal vids from byit)

BenAkenobi
03-26-2012, 07:54 AM
Is the NIN|JA tour sampler available somewhere?

http://seven1963.org/NINAudio.htm and scroll to the very bottom

MAD
03-26-2012, 04:33 PM
Thank you!

howdidislipinto
03-28-2012, 03:51 AM
Is the NIN|JA tour sampler available somewhere?

http://seven1963.org/NINAudio.htm and scroll to the very bottom

Wasn't the NINJA sampler only released as mp3s? How do FLAC/WAV versions exist?

sheepdean
03-28-2012, 04:16 AM
Wasn't the NINJA sampler only released as mp3s? How do FLAC/WAV versions exist?
It was released in all formats

Hazekiah
03-28-2012, 05:20 PM
And I thought I'd heard them all...

Interesting tidbit from the wikipedia page for "Head Like a Hole":

The title of the song comes from a sample of a Ministry (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ministry_%28band%29) concert in 1987, which Reznor recorded on a video tape (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VHS) camera (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camera) and later used in the song's production.[2] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Head_Like_a_Hole#cite_note-AP90-1) The name of his project, Nine Inch Nails (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nine_Inch_Nails), which according to Reznor has no "literal meaning",[3] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Head_Like_a_Hole#cite_note-Axcess-2) was also taken from the same tape, during a portion where Al Jourgensen (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Jourgensen) compares Ministry to a man with a tall nail (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nail) hammered into his head, creating a hole there:

"Listening to Ministry is like having a nine inch nail hammered into your head like a hole."

Any Ministry/NIN fans out there know anything about this?

I mean, it's wikipedia so...yeah.

Figured it's worth checking, though.

Argh. Fucking indentation.

sheepdean
03-28-2012, 05:26 PM
Everywhere I see this, it cites a seemingly non-existant AP review of a Ministry gig. Methinks bullshit.

elementroejoy
04-05-2012, 10:02 AM
I downloaded the Closure torrent, anyone else have errors when trying to burn it using Toast? It seems to get an error right away and cant burn the disc. I've burned multiple other things using Toast, so i know its not the program... am i doing something wrong? I put the Video_TS folder into Toast and hit burn (on DL DVD) and it starts but immediatly pops up with an error. I'm sick of wasting DL DVDs, shoudl I redownload the torrent or something?

*EDIT*
Well i tried burning again but this time not DL and it worked perfectly. No idea why, i thought it would be too bit (maybe compression?) but now i finally have Closure disc 1 back in my collection!

BenAkenobi
04-05-2012, 11:45 AM
i know ImgBurn gives a warning about none of the chapters matching the optimal layer break position but it played fine afterward

TheBang
04-05-2012, 09:05 PM
*EDIT*
Well i tried burning again but this time not DL and it worked perfectly. No idea why, i thought it would be too bit (maybe compression?) but now i finally have Closure disc 1 back in my collection!
If that's the case, then it's most likely either an issue with your DL media, or your burner.

I burned these successfully to DL media using Toast.

dlb
04-06-2012, 09:27 AM
Has anyone ever actually bothered to remix corona radiata with the greater good and pinion like NIN did in Buenos Aires in 2008? Just stumbled upon it after a long time and I still think it was a great intro for wish! :)

waffel
04-06-2012, 09:11 PM
Did anyone ever get a scan of that interview TR did for Q magazine? It was the march issue if I recall and the photos from it were leaked around February I think. Was there nothing of interest in there?

butter_hole
04-06-2012, 09:33 PM
Did anyone ever get a scan of that interview TR did for Q magazine? It was the march issue if I recall and the photos from it were leaked around February I think. Was there nothing of interest in there?
Not really. Nothing groundbreaking.

BRoswell
04-07-2012, 10:46 PM
Does anyone know what kind of equipment the Gift footage was shot on?

dlb
04-08-2012, 06:50 AM
Is there anyone that has the full soundboard recording of this show: June 21, 2009, Scheesel, Germany, Hurricane Festival ? RITC has it listed, but not yet available and I don't know whethere it's on the NIN drive etc.. If someone could point me to the direction of this show I'd be eternal grateful! :)

TheBang
04-08-2012, 05:32 PM
Last I heard, it's currently being held from general distribution so that it can be used as trading bait to obtain other rare recordings or material from difficult tapers.

Skeptikk
04-08-2012, 08:47 PM
Is there anyone that has the full soundboard recording of this show: June 21, 2009, Scheesel, Germany, Hurricane Festival ? RITC has it listed, but not yet available and I don't know whethere it's on the NIN drive etc.. If someone could point me to the direction of this show I'd be eternal grateful! :)

Yeah it is on the NIN Drive. It is AMAZING.

dlb
04-09-2012, 06:19 AM
that's what I assumed. :p Damnit!

PhoenixML
04-09-2012, 09:33 AM
What does "With Teeth" means (or stands for)? I have to write it: "awitha ateetha".

BenAkenobi
04-09-2012, 10:23 AM
i always thought with teeth = it bites (kinda like a caution for unsuspecting listener)

reseen_lamenti
04-09-2012, 10:33 AM
i always thought with teeth = it bites (kinda like a caution for unsuspecting listener)

That, and "Teeth" is a slang for cocaine.

botley
04-09-2012, 12:58 PM
It's an expression that, when referring to agencies, organizations, collectives or procedures, means "capable, potent, or relevant".

allegro
04-09-2012, 10:52 PM
That, and "Teeth" is a slang for cocaine.

Seriously?

I always thought it meant something has a grip on you, a very strong grip on you, like, jaws. with teeth. Like, yeah, addiction. I suppose the "she" is a drug, not sure which one. Eric Clapton says cocaine is a she.

Leviathant
04-09-2012, 11:06 PM
I'm pretty sure it's a song about pasta, having been cooked just right (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_dente).

sheepdean
04-09-2012, 11:11 PM
Pretty sure it's about Twilight

princessomega
04-10-2012, 09:50 AM
Pretty sure it's about Twilight
literal LOL
I will never be able to listen to awitha teetha the same way again.:o

BenAkenobi
04-10-2012, 09:59 AM
with vampire teeth? ooooooookay :D

sick among the pure
04-10-2012, 02:28 PM
I had the font used for Ghosts back when it came out, but that was my old laptop, and I'm not even sure I have it anymore. And I'm pretty sure I got it from a megaupload file, anyway, which was killed by the FBI. Does anyone either have it, or know where I could find it again? I'm finally making that Inspired by Ghosts I-IV photo book I made 4 years ago.

I found it at http://collections.portraitofdecay.com/fonts/ but I need it for Mac. I'm hoping the font exists for Mac, somewhere :(

seasonsinthesky
04-10-2012, 03:20 PM
they all work fine with Macs now. grab the PC link, unzip it, open with TTF file with FontBook, and there will be a button to "Install Font". bam!

peter
04-11-2012, 04:12 AM
I vaguely remember a picture of Trent wearing glasses. Might have been Fragile-era rehearsals. Is my memory making this up, or is there actually a picture?

hobochic
04-11-2012, 04:34 AM
I vaguely remember a picture of Trent wearing glasses. Might have been Fragile-era rehearsals. Is my memory making this up, or is there actually a picture?

Are you thinking about this image? I always took it for Buddy Holly Slappin'-Da-Bass-Man with Lohner

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ldmnxfdnJh1qcupmyo1_500.jpg

cahernandez
04-14-2012, 12:47 PM
Greg Puciato (of the Dillinger Escape Plan) just posted this on Twitter:

"SPOILER ALERT: Just saw a unicorn, a merman, zombies, a 90 minute weed advert, and heard one of the best NIN songs...all in one movie."

Does anyone know which movie he is talking about?

jessamineny
04-14-2012, 01:11 PM
Greg Puciato (of the Dillinger Escape Plan) just posted this on Twitter:

"SPOILER ALERT: Just saw a unicorn, a merman, zombies, a 90 minute weed advert, and heard one of the best NIN songs...all in one movie."

Does anyone know which movie he is talking about?

I assume "The Cabin in the Woods"

bruised
04-14-2012, 05:36 PM
^ Yep. It was Last.

dlb
04-16-2012, 05:31 AM
Gem Archer of Oasis has production and engineering credits on with_teeth. Does anyone know how that came about and if there's bit more info on that?
Twiggy in return has done some remix work for them, but the connection between Oasis and NIN pretty much baffles me. I love both, but would have never guessed they could somehow work together.

Speaking of which I think a Reznor remix for a future Noel Gallagher single could turn out pretty cool.

Ryan
04-16-2012, 07:33 AM
literal LOL
I will never be able to listen to awitha teetha the same way again.:o

I think I've listened to the title track AWITHA TEETHA less than 10 times.

Seriously makes me wonder what made Trent scrap Bleedthrough for AWITHA CRAPPA.

princessomega
04-16-2012, 07:51 AM
I think I've listened to the title track AWITHA TEETHA less than 10 times.

Seriously makes me wonder what made Trent scrap Bleedthrough for AWITHA CRAPPA.

I had heard something, back when the "with teeth" album was being released that Trent had said he didnt want to use Bleedthrough because it sounded like somthing from a tampon ad, or something like that.
I dont know if that was a true statement from TR or something I just remember people saying,

WorzelG
04-16-2012, 07:53 AM
Gem Archer of Oasis has production and engineering credits on with_teeth. Does anyone know how that came about and if there's bit more info on that?
Twiggy in return has done some remix work for them, but the connection between Oasis and NIN pretty much baffles me. I love both, but would have never guessed they could somehow work together.

Speaking of which I think a Reznor remix for a future Noel Gallagher single could turn out pretty cool.

Couldn't help but look this up and found a photo - he's bucking the trend wearing yellow rather than black!
Sorry, that's Alan Moulder in yellow,whoops
http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=gem+archer+trent+reznor&hl=en&client=safari&tbo=d&source=lnms&tbm=isch&ei=bRWMT_vVDIrN8QPV2_HoCQ&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=2&ved=0CFEQ_AUoAQ&biw=768&bih=946

butter_hole
04-16-2012, 07:56 AM
That site explains exactly how they came together: NIN and Oasis were at the same studio doing overdubs.

hobochic
04-16-2012, 07:59 AM
I had heard something, back when the "with teeth" album was being released that Trent had said he didnt want to use Bleedthrough because it sounded like somthing from a tampon ad, or something like that.

Yeah, cause a title that sounds like a tampon ad is worse than one for dental dams.

Ryan
04-16-2012, 08:07 AM
The notion of different realities bleeding into one another as a concept was a lot more interesting than what he scrapped it for, i.e. talking about sobering up.

sheepdean
04-16-2012, 08:12 AM
I'd love to see Bleedthrough as a concept realised. Perhaps for a With Teeth 25th anniversary or something cool, do a recording or release, depending how far it went.

hobochic
04-16-2012, 08:26 AM
The notion of different realities bleeding into one another as a concept was a lot more interesting than what he scrapped it for, i.e. talking about sobering up.

But the concept is obviously still there. Most of WT brings up the theme of parallel realities bleeding through. In fact, most of last season's fringe episodes felt like sister projects to With Teeth/Bleedthrough. I simply prefer the title Bleedthrough together with Rob's original concept art.

WorzelG
04-16-2012, 08:32 AM
^^^^
what was the original artwork?

vvvv
I like that, resembles a heart

hobochic
04-16-2012, 08:38 AM
^^^^
what was the original artwork?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/79/Bleedthrough_concept_art.jpg

dlb
04-16-2012, 08:52 AM
That site explains exactly how they came together: NIN and Oasis were at the same studio doing overdubs.

and Dave Sardy seems to be the direct connection point. thanks for that article, haven't seen that one!

dlb
04-16-2012, 08:56 AM
But the concept is obviously still there. Most of WT brings up the theme of parallel realities bleeding through. In fact, most of last season's fringe episodes felt like sister projects to With Teeth/Bleedthrough. I simply prefer the title Bleedthrough together with Rob's original concept art.

^ this.

I'm afraid that bleedthrough and with_teeth are pretty much the same. Even the artworks bear a lot of similarities and as already mentionend alot of lyrical themes have something to do with layers bleeding into another etc.. The artwork is dope though and I wish there was much higher resolution available somewhere. It'd be still interesting to hear some leftovers/reworks from that era. While not as complex as the fragile that album is still one of my favorites. Pretty much my first choice when I want to give myself a quick fix of NIN.

PhoenixML
04-16-2012, 11:43 AM
I just relistened to all* the remixes. I'm not the biggest fan of remixes, but some of them are great, some are boring, some are just plain weird.

My question : How is the Me I'm Not remix a remix of Me I'm Not? What is the purpose of this particular remix? What is going on? Why? 14 minutes!! Plus one second! I could have sneezed, slowed it down, and shouted "HEY" and it couldn't have been worst.

I'm insulted when I see someone say "Right Where It Belongs version 2" in the "worst NIN song" thread, but it's someone else's opinion. Am I insulting someone by saying the the Me I'm Not remix is the worst?

* officially released one way or another

butters
04-16-2012, 12:41 PM
Am I insulting someone by saying the the Me I'm Not remix is the worst?

Probably just Olof Dreijer. But in all fairness, The Knife is awesome. Which would then leave us with Porter Ricks....

hobochic
04-16-2012, 01:24 PM
^ this.

I'm afraid that bleedthrough and with_teeth are pretty much the same. Even the artworks bear a lot of similarities and as already mentionend alot of lyrical themes have something to do with layers bleeding into another etc.. The artwork is dope though and I wish there was much higher resolution available somewhere. It'd be still interesting to hear some leftovers/reworks from that era. While not as complex as the fragile that album is still one of my favorites. Pretty much my first choice when I want to give myself a quick fix of NIN.

In a way, Bleedthrough becomes the ultimate concept album it never claims to be, let alone exist. As With Teeth deviated from the original vision of Bleedthrough - Bleedthrough "bleeds through" With Teeth.

dlb
04-16-2012, 03:07 PM
I'm insulted when I see someone say "Right Where It Belongs version 2" in the "worst NIN song" thread

didn't mean any harm, but yeah Trent seems to be pretty fond of Drejiers remix too. At least I remember him telling someone to shut up on the old board who was complaining about it.

botley
04-16-2012, 03:34 PM
One is just a metaphor for the other. If you don't like With Teeth you wouldn't have liked Bleedthrough. There wasn't a whole bunch of completely different songs lying around that were shitcanned, TR just dropped the connective tissue between songs.

fillow
04-16-2012, 03:50 PM
Porter Ricks remix is million times better than Olof Drejer's. Just my 2c.

ajp100688
04-16-2012, 07:19 PM
One is just a metaphor for the other. If you don't like With Teeth you wouldn't have liked Bleedthrough. There wasn't a whole bunch of completely different songs lying around that were shitcanned, TR just dropped the connective tissue between songs.

That's exactly how I feel. TR didn't start with one concept and then totally trash all the work he'd done around it, the 'Bleedthrough' concept just morphed into the 'With Teeth' concept and things were rejigged to fit the new vision. I highly doubt that there is much left that we haven't already seen aside from random riffs, loops etc that were never used on the album. This idea that 'Bleedthrough' was an entirely seperate thing to 'With Teeth' and was abandoned leaving unpublished work has no evidence to back it up.

The Reason Being
04-16-2012, 07:32 PM
I absolutely love the Porter Ricks remix, one of my favorite Fragile-era remixes for sure.

edit: ahh facepalming awesome music, gotta love ets

Ryan
04-17-2012, 01:19 AM
^ this.

I'm afraid that bleedthrough and with_teeth are pretty much the same. Even the artworks bear a lot of similarities and as already mentionend alot of lyrical themes have something to do with layers bleeding into another etc.. The artwork is dope though and I wish there was much higher resolution available somewhere.

There is! Rob posted a huge ass version of it a few years back. Should be on ninwiki.

dlb
04-17-2012, 05:52 AM
Yeah Leviathant just send me a nice version via PM. Never noticed that Rob updated his portfolio with higher resolution scans of his artwork a while ago. :)

seasonsinthesky
04-17-2012, 04:51 PM
I absolutely love the Porter Ricks remix, one of my favorite Fragile-era remixes for sure.

edit: ahh facepalming awesome music, gotta love ets

you're literally the only person in the last 8 years on ETS i've seen post that they enjoy it. one person in 8 years of mostly daily visiting this NIN forum. i do actually respect your opinion, it just makes me facepalm ;)

sick among the pure
04-22-2012, 07:54 PM
Is this the largest copy of this band shot that exists on the web?
http://maggiebear.com/bandgallery02/group092.jpg

Warped_Savant
04-23-2012, 12:00 AM
Sick Among The Pure -- According to Tineye, yes, that's the largest.

sheepdean
04-23-2012, 03:45 AM
If you want to be really pedantic, this is about 10 pixels bigger http://www.sentireascoltare.com/sa/uploaded_img/artists/nineinch.jpg

BenAkenobi
04-23-2012, 02:21 PM
to those who knew nin in 1995: did Piggy receive a good amount of airplay?

sick among the pure
04-23-2012, 03:31 PM
If you want to be really pedantic, this is about 10 pixels bigger http://www.sentireascoltare.com/sa/uploaded_img/artists/nineinch.jpg

But since the text looks a touch fuzzy, it was prob resized.

butter_hole
04-23-2012, 06:14 PM
it only hit #20 on the Billboard Alt Songs charts - Discipline, for example, hit #6.

butters
04-23-2012, 06:59 PM

I was in the Bay Area & Seattle then (college & home,) and I don't remember any of the stations - KITS, KOME, or KNDD - playing "Piggy" really at all. I, however, was playing TDS a lot so maybe they did and my memory's just fuzzy..... I mean it was during my college days so........ :(

PhoenixML
04-30-2012, 11:27 AM
Random NIN Question :

NIN have 8 albums? or 7 albums and one EP? or 11 albums and 2 EPs?

The Reason Being
04-30-2012, 11:36 AM
^ The way I see it, 7 albums & 1 EP / 3 remix albums & 1 remix EP.

you're literally the only person in the last 8 years on ETS i've seen post that they enjoy it. one person in 8 years of mostly daily visiting this NIN forum. i do actually respect your opinion, it just makes me facepalm ;)

haha, no worries, see its weird for me as i've never seen anyone talk about it on here, and just going by the comments on the youtube video for it I always just figured it was liked by most, nothing but love on there! Then again, I can dig the Me, I'm Not remix too..

sheepdean
04-30-2012, 11:47 AM
Random NIN Question :

NIN have 8 albums? or 7 albums and one EP? or 11 albums and 2 EPs?
As you're asking a pedantic question, allow me to get pedantic:
An album and an EP are not technically mutually exclusive - LP and EP are, but an album is simply a compilation of individual tracks. The British record industry definition of an EP (which is the only one that exists) classifies it at 25 minutes or 4 tracks, both of which Broken easily surpasses. For that reason, Broken is surely an album, albeit a rather short one.

On top of this, NIN has 3 live albums (two of which aren't available as audio-only, but that shouldn't exclude them), and several remix albums/EPs (although no NIN release, bar maxi-singles, actually meets the industry definition of an EP, it is common to refer to a remix album as an EP, due to them normally being shorter than the standard release, and not meant to be a standalone work). I would say the best way to define NIN's catalogue is: 8 studio albums, 4 remix albums and 3 live albums.

Of course, if you consider Ghosts to be 4 standalone works, then they're all potential EP candidates...

But really, it's silly to refer to Broken as an EP - even if you feel it's short enough, it's clearly an album, by every definition of the term.

The Reason Being
04-30-2012, 11:57 AM
^ I agree with most of that but I do think Trent designed Broken to be seen as an EP from the get-go. Doesn't the back of Fixed specifically refer to it as that?

BenAkenobi
04-30-2012, 12:21 PM
As official as possible definitions are given in Body of work (extra feature on Beside you in time DVD)
5 EPs = Broken, Fixed, Further down the spiral, The perfect drug versions, Every day is exactly the same
they don't list live releases other than Double VHS for Closure or DVD/VHS for AATCHB
assuming Year Zero, YR ZR RMXD, Ghosts and The slip are all LPs - there's 10 in total (including TFA yeah right)

The Reason Being
05-03-2012, 01:50 PM
Think we'll ever see a NIN (assuming it continues) traditional single release on vinyl again? I know it wouldn't really make any sense at all to do, but a guy can dream right? I kinda miss them.

sick among the pure
05-03-2012, 10:54 PM
I'm not to sure about that. He hasn't released physical forms of singles since he broke loose from Interscope, so I'd say probably not.

Max Leo
05-05-2012, 08:48 PM
I've just read a quote of Trent explaining how Falco's "Rock Me Amadeus" inspired him to use industrial sounds for his music, but I had never read such quote before and I don't know if it's just some made up bullshit and Trent has never really said that. Does anybody here know if Trent has ever really said that? And when? Thanks in advance.

sheepdean
05-05-2012, 08:53 PM
Where did you read it? That would help ascertain its accuracy.

wizfan
05-05-2012, 09:04 PM
Is it true that Trent played piano on Clint Mansell's score for the 2001 movie "World Traveler"?

sheepdean
05-05-2012, 09:08 PM
Is it true that Trent played piano on Clint Mansell's score for the 2001 movie "World Traveler"?
Yes, and it was produced at Nothing

Max Leo
05-05-2012, 09:53 PM
Where did you read it? That would help ascertain its accuracy.

In a website reviewing Falco's album with that song, but it's not in english and I googled "Trent Reznor+Falco's Rock Me Amadeus" and found nothing about it, that's why I thought it was just bullshit, since I had never read about it.

What I read was that Ministry's "Twitch" was very important for him because he found out that electronics could be dirty and noisy or something like that, and I've also read about how he liked Gary Numan and many other artists that used electronics, but I had never read or heard about "Falco's Amadeus" as his inspiration for using industrial sounds, lol, but maybe he said that in some old interview I've never read.

Option 30 covered Falco's "Der Kommissar", that's the only connection I know, but maybe he loved Falco and I didn't know it until now.:confused:

dierythmus
05-11-2012, 01:34 PM
Is it just me, or is TR saying something very quietly right before the breakdown in The Wretched? I've heard this track a million times and just recently noticed it. It happens at 3:57 in the YT clip here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNI12hvKsxI

botley
05-11-2012, 01:36 PM
I don't think that's TR, but rather some radio interference that crept into the multitrack. You can hear it looped in Keith Hillebrandt's remix on Things Falling Apart... not in isolation, unfortunately.

SM Rollinger
05-12-2012, 10:13 AM
Did the demo tape that Martin Adkins was selling on Ebay a year or so ago, end up in friendly hands?

I think all the posts on it got purged, because i couldnt find anything about it.
http://www.theninhotline.net/news/permalink/1292381339
is the only mention of it i can still find

Im sure im not the only one who would love to hear these!

sick among the pure
05-12-2012, 12:51 PM
Did the demo tape that Martin Adkins was selling on Ebay a year or so ago, end up in friendly hands?

I think all the posts on it got purged, because i couldnt find anything about it.
http://www.theninhotline.net/news/permalink/1292381339
is the only mention of it i can still find

Im sure im not the only one who would love to hear these!

I'm pretty sure Levi tried to get in contact with the winner and find a way to get the tracks out, to no avail. I'm not positive about that, though.

DigitalChaos
05-12-2012, 09:14 PM
Is it just me, or is TR saying something very quietly right before the breakdown in The Wretched? I've heard this track a million times and just recently noticed it. It happens at 3:57 in the YT clip here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNI12hvKsxI

http://forum.nin.com/bb/read.php?9,11279,1041595#msg-1041595

What am I hearing at 3:57 in "The Wretched?"
That is radio interference that somehow got into the recording. Trent thought it sounded really cool and decided to keep it. You can hear it more prominently in "The Wretched (version)" on Things Falling Apart.

SM Rollinger
05-13-2012, 12:41 PM
I'm pretty sure Levi tried to get in contact with the winner and find a way to get the tracks out, to no avail. I'm not positive about that, though.

Hopefully they see daylight someday. Does anybody remember the story behind them, like as in how old they are? I seem to remember Adkins saying he got them from TR back in ike 86-87 or something like that.

Amaro
05-15-2012, 06:56 PM
What equipment does Trent produce with (software and hardware)?

sheepdean
05-16-2012, 06:55 PM
What equipment does Trent produce with (software and hardware)?
It seems to vary from year to year, but you can read about some of the production tech here http://www.entertainmentengineering.com/v9.issue04/17

Amaro
05-16-2012, 10:44 PM
It seems to vary from year to year, but you can read about some of the production tech here http://www.entertainmentengineering.com/v9.issue04/17

Thanks for that. That'll do for now. (Question was for a friend.)

It'd be nice to know what he used in the past too... Any articles, people?

sheepdean
05-17-2012, 04:26 AM
Is it nine nails, each one inch long, or a bunch of nails, each nine inches long?

wizfan
05-17-2012, 04:28 AM
Is it nine nails, each one inch long, or a bunch of nails, each nine inches long?

Probably the last one.

jmtd
05-17-2012, 04:07 PM
Fork handles.

Goldfoot
05-18-2012, 11:41 AM
Probably the last one.

That's how I've always thought of it. I put emphasis on the first two words, not just the first one.

Sutekh
05-18-2012, 11:54 AM
I seem to remember an interview with vrenna or sean beaven or one of those bods where he details how to create a NINish guitar sound in studio, can anyone help me out?

D'ron
05-28-2012, 04:41 PM
It's radio interference. I think it's saying "Are you really taking the most of life?" There is a part in "The Wretched (Version)" where the guitar or whatever doesn't come over the sample.

Hazekiah
05-30-2012, 05:06 PM
^ Interestingly, however, Trent DOES INDEED sing a bit of unwritten lyrics at that same exact point of the song in the middle of most live performances.

Something to the effect of: "In the back of my mind, there's a place where I, there's a place where I...wwrrrraaaargghhhh!!!"

If anyone's heard a more full or accurate version of what he's saying there, I'd love to know about it. Been trying to piece that one together for YEARS.

And, btw, my original reason for bumping this thread...

Would anyone happen to have a link to that random YT video of some kid clanging around a kitchen which they sampled in a Ghosts track? It was on the old ets for sure but I can't seem to find it anywhere here.

Thanks.

nemesiswontdie
05-30-2012, 05:13 PM
^ Interestingly, however, Trent DOES INDEED sing a bit of unwritten lyrics at that same exact point of the song in the middle of most live performances.

Something to the effect of: "In the back of my mind, there's a place where I, there's a place where I...wwrrrraaaargghhhh!!!"

If anyone's heard a more full or accurate version of what he's saying there, I'd love to know about it. Been trying to piece that one together for YEARS.

I think Trent says "There is a place, in the back of my mind, where I used to try" or "at least I tried".

Harry Seaward
05-30-2012, 05:46 PM
Would anyone happen to have a link to that random YT video of some kid clanging around a kitchen which they sampled in a Ghosts track? It was on the old ets for sure but I can't seem to find it anywhere here.

Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEqZkglTVYE

Sampled in 15 Ghosts II.

Hazekiah
05-30-2012, 06:01 PM
Thanks, guys! Obviously, I remembered the video a bit wrong but the point was more about sampled child-torture, lol.

;)

And I knew I was fudging the bit from "The Wretched" a bit, but I don't have any idea where my notes on that stuff are and didn't feel like sifting through a hundred YT vidz of the song when it wasn't even related to what I came here looking for! That definitely sounds about right though, nemesiswontdie, much appreciated!

There's usually only a couple bits barely audible on most recordings and sometimes Trent himself often fudges and/or plays around with it himself, repeating certain parts instead of singing the whole thing stuff like that. So it was always a work-in-progress for me trying to figure out the whole thing.

"Okay, here it comes, *squints to hear better*...nope, maybe next time," lol.

Thanks again!

:)

sick among the pure
05-30-2012, 08:23 PM
...wwrrrraaaargghhhh!!!

Funny thing is, reading this post, I heard his yell, and I giggled. Out of place, that was the funniest frustrated noise.

gorny540
06-01-2012, 11:06 AM
can someone point me in the direction of a quality (audio) boot of the wiltern/last show?

sheepdean
06-01-2012, 11:08 AM
can someone point me in the direction of a quality (audio) boot of the wiltern/last show?
http://www.reflectinginthechrome.com/shows/2009/20090910.html

wizfan
06-19-2012, 09:00 AM
An infographic on WhoSampled claims that NIN has used both of the most famous samples around, the "Amen Break" by the Winstons and "Funky Drummer" from a James Brown song. Which songs are they in? I believe that drum solo in The Perfect Drug has some of the Amen, since it was influenced by jungle (and I think Meat Beat Manifesto used it in their TPD remix). I can't remember any NIN songs with Funky Drummer

r_z
06-19-2012, 10:25 AM
Wasn't that "Piggy" where the "Funky Drummer" break was sampled in?

reseen_lamenti
06-19-2012, 10:56 AM
Wasn't that "Piggy" where the "Funky Drummer" break was sampled in?

(Nothing Can Stop Me Now) remix.

wizfan
06-19-2012, 11:08 AM
Oh, that's right. Good call, guys. So, both Amen and Funky Drummer were used on others' remixes, not on original NIN tracks. WhoSampled needs to check their sources a bit better, I believe.

PhoenixML
06-19-2012, 11:15 AM
What's going on? Wasn't there supposed to be a bagillion projects coming our way? The Fragile Remaster? Ghosts 5-8? Wave Goodbye gift? Year Zero tv-series? HTDA album? a second kid? a life? oh wait..

I'm bored.

sheepdean
06-19-2012, 11:18 AM
Fragile Remaster is in art stage, Ghosts probably won't be for ages as TRAR have made 58 instrumental tracks in 2 years, Wave Goodbye will probably never happen outside of youtube, YZTV is in pre-prod and the HTDA album is "soon".

fillow
06-19-2012, 02:18 PM
and Trent was supposed to spend a big part of 2012 writing new NIN didn't he

Leviathant
06-19-2012, 03:26 PM
Let's not forget the merch refresh

Sallos
06-19-2012, 03:46 PM
I've stumbled upon this on youtube and was wondering if anyone here knows where i can get the full version...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63aoeZGfaDA&feature=relmfu

sheepdean
06-19-2012, 04:07 PM
This took me literally 5 seconds http://www.amazon.com/Metal-Machine-Music-Industrial-Uprising/dp/B001QBC38Y

Torgo
06-19-2012, 06:37 PM
Wave Goodbye will probably never happen outside of youtube...

Was this actually confirmed by someone? Or is this just speculation?

sheepdean
06-19-2012, 07:10 PM
Was this actually confirmed by someone? Or is this just speculation?
Speculation based on there's really no point, as we have a hundred brilliant bootlegs of the whole tour, of every single show. Sure, the onstage shots would be nice, but I don't see why Trent would spend money on something that already exists.

icklekitty
06-20-2012, 02:48 AM
What's going on? Wasn't there supposed to be a bagillion projects coming our way? The Fragile Remaster? Ghosts 5-8? Wave Goodbye gift? Year Zero tv-series? HTDA album? a second kid? a life? oh wait..

I'm bored.

The last time a NIN project came out really quickly I was disappointed. So hopefully this is a good sign! Although the thing I'd like most of all (a tour) hasn't really been hinted at at all.

Speculation based on there's really no point, as we have a hundred brilliant bootlegs of the whole tour, of every single show. Sure, the onstage shots would be nice, but I don't see why Trent would spend money on something that already exists.

Yeah, Trent, we don't need you anymore.

sick among the pure
06-20-2012, 10:59 PM

Maybe me being there makes my opinion biased, but as much as I love the fan works, I would DRAIN my savings account for an official DVD of the wave goodbye club tour. I would imagine if they scrapped the DVD all together, we would have gotten a huge gift this past x-mas. Trent would not have spent the money and dealt with the headache of getting 5(+?) HD sources of all of those shows (minus TDS take 1 and Vancouver) and then just throw all of that on a shelf to collect dust for an eternity.

r_z
06-21-2012, 11:46 AM
Oh, that's right. Good call, guys. So, both Amen and Funky Drummer were used on others' remixes, not on original NIN tracks. WhoSampled needs to check their sources a bit better, I believe.

I'm pretty sure, Amen was used on TPD. The original version that is.

Leviathant
06-21-2012, 12:14 PM
I'm pretty sure, Amen was used on TPD. The original version that is.

I'd be interested to see timestamps of when you think the Amen Brother beat appears in the original. Because I'm pretty sure you're wrong. It's definitely all over the Meat Beat Manifesto remix though.

r_z
06-22-2012, 03:03 AM
I'd be interested to see timestamps of when you think the Amen Brother beat appears in the original. Because I'm pretty sure you're wrong. It's definitely all over the Meat Beat Manifesto remix though.

Well, isn't it the section starting at 03:25 in the original version? In a compressed, chopped and distorted form, of course.

I just noticed the Meat Beat Manifesto Remix also samples Trents typical drum-soundbank (used for example in the hook of TPD and is prominently featured in Eraser or Commuique by Prick) from this era. So maybe they used what was in the orignal stems of the song - just like the amen drums (IF they're indeed in the original version...).

wizfan
06-23-2012, 03:28 AM
Well, isn't it the section starting at 03:25 in the original version? In a compressed, chopped and distorted form, of course.

I was thinking the exact same thing, but, then again, it mostly sounds like Trent's own programmed interpretation of the Amen break with his typical soundbank that you mention.

seasonsinthesky
06-23-2012, 10:44 AM
the discussion was about samples, though — even if you want to call 3:25 of TPD a version of the Amen Break (a loose connection at best), it isn't sampling the original recording (but the MBM remix probably is, just sounds like it was EQ'd and cut to hell). programming the same beat is not sampling. it's just... copying.

wizfan
06-25-2012, 08:42 AM
the discussion was about samples, though — even if you want to call 3:25 of TPD a version of the Amen Break (a loose connection at best), it isn't sampling the original recording (but the MBM remix probably is, just sounds like it was EQ'd and cut to hell). programming the same beat is not sampling. it's just... copying.

Yeah, that was my point anyway.

Now, let's talk guitar geek stuff! I'm going to teach myself many NIN songs on guitar. I've been looking at some great tabs and stuff from Ultimate-Guitar.com and I've noticed that, while Trent mainly uses the Standard E tuning, he has picked other tunings on several occasions: much of With Teeth was in Drop D, while songs like Sunspots and The Good Soldier are in Drop C. Which other tunings has Trent used throughout the years?

Ichiro
06-25-2012, 07:45 PM
What was the deal with Trent and Death From Above 1979 again? I forgot what happened for some reason, and was reminded about it out of the blue (after one of their songs showed up on shuffle).

Highly Psychological
06-27-2012, 07:52 AM
Remember about a year or so ago maybe there was a story about how an early version of Pretty Hate Machine or it may have just been demos which were in possession of i think Martin Atkins. Had been sold to someone....

I remember hearing a brilliant alternative version of Sin or Terrible Lie on here. Didd these ever appear online? I really want to hear them!

fillow
06-27-2012, 09:11 AM
Didd these ever appear online? I really want to hear them!
nope. nothing surfaced online so far, except those Sin and Terrible Lie snippets

WorzelG
07-01-2012, 02:08 PM
I went onto nin.com to download the With Teeth lyrics poster because of the discussion in the Fragile reissue thread - and the links are out of date and come up with errors! Does anyone have a working link to these please?

sick among the pure
07-06-2012, 09:44 PM
Where can I find that video of Robin (during the Fragility tour I believe, but possibly Self Destruction) shaving off all his hair then putting on a wig right before a show?

blassster
07-06-2012, 10:02 PM
Where can I find that video of Robin (during the Fragility tour I believe, but possibly Self Destruction) shaving off all his hair then putting on a wig right before a show?

Closure. In my .avi copy of the Main footage, it's at roughly 25 min 21 seconds in.

sick among the pure
07-06-2012, 10:06 PM
Closure. In my .avi copy of the Main footage, it's at roughly 25 min 21 seconds in.

Couldn't remember if it was in the main closure footage, or the extra shit, or some fragility backstage shit, or what even. Watching AATCHB and didn't want to stop in the middle to search through all that to find it. Thanks for having a better memory than me.

wizfan
07-10-2012, 09:51 PM
Does anyone have that photo of Brian Viglione and Amanda Palmer by This One Is On Us with Amanda kissing the AVOTT DVD case?

blassster
07-11-2012, 05:42 PM
I went onto nin.com to download the With Teeth lyrics poster because of the discussion in the Fragile reissue thread - and the links are out of date and come up with errors! Does anyone have a working link to these please?

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaai. (https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12965440/Other/with teeth poster album notes 36x48inches.pdf)

peter
07-16-2012, 07:16 AM
Was Eraser ever played live during the Fragility era? If so, are there any decent recordings of it?

Also, in all y'all's opinion which live version of Eraser is the best one?

botley
07-16-2012, 08:02 AM
It wasn't played by the Fragility lineup. I loved the 2006 version but they did a great job with the four-piece lineup in 2009 too.

BenAkenobi
07-16-2012, 08:18 AM
wasn't there eraser rehearsal video in quicktime format on fragility-period nin.com?

seasonsinthesky
07-16-2012, 09:56 AM
^ never saw one, just the one of "Just Like You Imagined."

they could never top the Self Destruct performance of "Eraser" (as on Closure). everything was just... right.

somewhat_
07-16-2012, 05:46 PM
Is nin.com down for anyone else?

sheepdean
07-16-2012, 05:51 PM
http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

And no

peanoot3
07-17-2012, 01:22 PM
This is just pure speculation, but does anyone think that the Deadmau5 remix of Survivalism has anything to do with the Year Zero television series? I can easily hear something like that being on television. He could have just done it for fun, but it's a 'Random NIN Question'...

jessamineny
07-17-2012, 02:55 PM
Schwing!

(tencharacters)

Soma
07-21-2012, 04:27 PM
Does anyone here know how many copies of the Closure VHS set were made? I've searched it and came up with nothing.

sheepdean
07-21-2012, 04:57 PM
Does anyone here know how many copies of the Closure VHS set were made? I've searched it and came up with nothing.
It was never a limited number, so I imagine the only way to know is to ask Interscope how many units it sold whilst in print.

sick among the pure
07-21-2012, 05:56 PM

I'm still mad I saw a copy at FYE in High School but didn't get it because "I want to buy all the albums before I get the live stuff so I know the songs".
:|
Stupid...

icklekitty
07-22-2012, 06:08 AM
Speaking of Closure, are any of the people who burned DVD copies still around? I'm happy to cover shipping and materials and whatnot, but the £17 copy on eBay is a bit too ridiculous, any my computer is currently being held together with duct tape.

BenAkenobi
07-22-2012, 06:26 AM
^
how does 12 USD total (incl. post.) sound to you? printed in colour, looks like like this:
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii574/benakenobi/Photo-0106.jpg

Callahan
07-25-2012, 02:49 PM
So I was messing around with the ID3 tags on some tunes, and i fucked up the ones I had for the With Teeth rehearsals...although, they were a bit wonky on the files I have anyway.

The question I have, is that when I got these rehearsals, some were labelled as "With Teeth rehearsals" and "Beside You In Time rehearsals", all these totaling 35 tracks. Is it known if these are actually separate recordings? Also, was there an actual track listing for these? the numbering on these isn't actually the best either.

BenAkenobi
07-25-2012, 03:29 PM
Briefly, the files dropped one by one in no particular order. Uploader hasn't mentioned exact dates, but people with keen ears said one session seems to date back to before 2005 tour started while another takes place before 2006 tour. The tags in those rehearsal tracks suggest they were taken from 4 separate CDs and the repeated songs were omitted (explanation to the one group being larger than others).
Sorry for not providing exact listings, I personally hadn't kept the numbers on those files, as they don't quite form a continuous "album" to be listened to (IMHO)

sheepdean
07-25-2012, 03:45 PM
Yeah, I like listening to the rehearsals (The Slip DVD rip included) on shuffle if I listen to them all at once anyway, there's clearly no intended cohesion.

Callahan
07-25-2012, 04:17 PM
Briefly, the files dropped one by one in no particular order. Uploader hasn't mentioned exact dates, but people with keen ears said one session seems to date back to before 2005 tour started while another takes place before 2006 tour. The tags in those rehearsal tracks suggest they were taken from 4 separate CDs and the repeated songs were omitted (explanation to the one group being larger than others).
Sorry for not providing exact listings, I personally hadn't kept the numbers on those files, as they don't quite form a continuous "album" to be listened to (IMHO)

I actually wanted to create my own track order of it, to simulate a live show. Did you already do that? have a recommended order I should put them in?

EDIT: I accidentally a word

dlb
07-26-2012, 04:27 AM
Guess I will have to look into that since I got 37 rehearsal tracks and 5 from that radio sessions they did covering Joy Division songs.

Will try and come up with a nice setlist today. God, how I wish these rehearsal-tracks would have been mastered like the ones on the BYIT and Slip DVDs. :)

sheepdean
07-26-2012, 05:58 AM
Guess I will have to look into that since I got 37 rehearsal tracks and 5 from that radio sessions they did covering Joy Division songs.

Will try and come up with a nice setlist today. God, how I wish these rehearsal-tracks would have been mastered like the ones on the BYIT and Slip DVDs. :)
Do you have all the tracks from those radio sessions? Because the Joy Division day was the weakest of them all imo

fillow
07-26-2012, 08:07 AM
Do you have all the tracks from those radio sessions? Because the Joy Division day was the weakest of them all imo
The weakest day was definitely the first one.
Nnnnn hrrrrrrrrt mmmmself t'dayyyyyyyyyy... Peter Murphy should be banned from performing Hurt by the law.

sheepdean
07-26-2012, 08:39 AM
Murphy's Hurt without Trent is far better, but I still think his is still brilliant.

Callahan
07-26-2012, 12:28 PM

37 tracks?? hmm...which two am I missing? screen shot (http://i.imgur.com/mrca4.jpg) from my iTunes.

fillow
07-26-2012, 03:52 PM
^^
EDIETS, Getting Smaller

Callahan
07-26-2012, 11:47 PM
^^
EDIETS, Getting Smaller

well, shit...does anyone have those handy by chance? would love to get my hands on those!

TheBang
07-27-2012, 10:43 PM
^^ I imagine it's in the group of "40 Rehearsal Tracks" http://www.seven1963.org/NINAudio.htm

dlb
07-28-2012, 03:57 AM

there are only 3 JD-rehearsal songs the other 2 are just "intermissions", my bad.

dead souls
atmosphere
24 hours

warsaw is missing, but played during the actual radio session.

sweeterthan
07-28-2012, 12:32 PM
The weakest day was definitely the first one.
Nnnnn hrrrrrrrrt mmmmself t'dayyyyyyyyyy... Peter Murphy should be banned from performing Hurt by the law.
It's my favorite since I was there but you're right they kept getting better with each one.

My husband has often compared Murphy's hurt to songs by crash test dummies. :-/ mmmmmmm mmmmmmm mmmmmmm

talkingnothing
07-29-2012, 04:54 PM
thinking back to when trent tweedted about test-diving new htda album... anybody know what he drives? I'm trying to picture him cruising mulholland, but can't imagine what car he's got.

sheepdean
07-29-2012, 05:08 PM
thinking back to when trent tweedted about test-diving new htda album... anybody know what he drives? I'm trying to picture him cruising mulholland, but can't imagine what car he's got.
Last time he mentioned it in an interview, it was a Porsche 911 I think - but I don't think that car has room for 2 kids, so he's probably got a more sensible one now :P

Vertigo
07-29-2012, 07:26 PM
I remember hearing he had a Carrera GT in 2006, I'd imagine that's gone by now though (if, indeed, it was true - pretty big gap from a 911).

SM Rollinger
07-29-2012, 07:32 PM
I remember hearing he had a Carrera GT in 2006, I'd imagine that's gone by now though (if, indeed, it was true - pretty big gap from a 911).

carrera gts are sick, i remember getting the chance to sit in one at a jaguar dealership in minneapolis, probably the most expensive thing ive ever been in. anyways, good to hear TR is a porsche fan, ive always loved them too. Especially the 959 and 80's era 911s

BRoswell
07-29-2012, 08:06 PM
Last time he mentioned it in an interview, it was a Porsche 911 I think - but I don't think that car has room for 2 kids, so he's probably got a more sensible one now :P

*imagines Is Your Love Strong Enough? blaring out of a soccer mom minivan*

Frozen Beach
07-29-2012, 08:07 PM
You gotta admit though, that version of Head Like a Hole Trent did with Peter was awesome.

buckaroo
08-07-2012, 04:08 PM
I was just listening to at the heart of it all and thinking how it is one of my favorite Aphex Twin songs... has Trent ever commented on why he included the Aphex Tracks on Further Down the Spiral when they don't even resemble a remix of a Nine Inch Nails song. Don"t get me wrong, they fit very well. Just curious.

wizfan
08-07-2012, 04:32 PM
I was just listening to at the heart of it all and thinking how it is one of my favorite Aphex Twin songs... has Trent ever commented on why he included the Aphex Tracks on Further Down the Spiral when they don't even resemble a remix of a Nine Inch Nails song. Don"t get me wrong, they fit very well. Just curious.

I think Richard was commissioned to do a remix but didn't want to listen to NIN, so he picked one of his pre-made tracks and sent it to Nothing.

EDIT: And I think same thing happened with his section of The Beauty of Being Numb.

keysersoze
08-08-2012, 09:08 AM
Has TR ever give any info about workout/diet program, on how he got so ripped and big?

eversonpoe
08-08-2012, 09:45 AM

At The Heart Of It All was kind of an homage to the COIL song of the same name
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb71ZzyWrCA (if you search, you'll find a mashup of the two songs). keep in mind that the guys from COIL were very present during this time, and it's possible that trent wanted something that would fit with their various remixes.

I think Richard was commissioned to do a remix but didn't want to listen to NIN, so he picked one of his pre-made tracks and sent it to Nothing.

EDIT: And I think same thing happened with his section of The Beauty of Being Numb.

that seems like something richard would do, i guess, but i thought i had read somewhere that he actually did use samples from various songs on the downward spiral to construct both pieces.

Leviathant
08-08-2012, 10:08 AM
I don't think Richard James was paying any homage, but Trent may have been when he named the track. Likewise, I'm fairly certain no samples from the Downward Spiral were used in creating the bits of The Beauty of Being Numb.

seasonsinthesky
08-08-2012, 10:22 AM
indeed, the most sense being made regarding the AFX tracks on FDTS is that they're simply original pieces integrated into the record. "The Beauty of Being Numb" in particular seems to be a bizarre amalgamation of different works assembled afterward — perhaps they were looking to find a followup to the fairly short backmasked "Mr. Self Destruct" section and decided the AFX track made an interesting companion (but also that it needed the mouthpiece sounds from "Eraser" to make it feel right — Richard James' attitude about the whole thing convinces me he didn't originally include those sounds himself).

Demogorgon
08-08-2012, 10:38 AM
there's a slightly different version of "At the Heart of It All" on Aphex Twin's "26 Mixes for Cash" album. he's supposedly said it's the original version of the track, and that he was really lazy about the whole thing and wasn't to interested, so he just sent the track in for a paycheck. trent and co. subsequently did some slight re-arrangement of the track, although it didn't end up too far away from the original.

botley
08-08-2012, 12:39 PM
It's pretty amazing: NIN was so popular in 1995, TR could just get Charlie Clouser to throw some unrelated Aphex Twin tracks together with samples from The Downward Spiral and a few other bizarre and/or repetitious remixes and SELL HALF A MILLION CDs.

Leviathant
08-08-2012, 02:39 PM
It's pretty amazing: NIN was so popular in 1995, TR could just get Charlie Clouser to throw some unrelated Aphex Twin tracks together with samples from The Downward Spiral and a few other bizarre and/or repetitious remixes and SELL HALF A MILLION CDs.

1994 and 1995 were exceptionally good music years, and I don't think that's just because I was 14-15 at the time. I feel like I can still point to a single event that signaled the end of that particularly good musical era:

The Spice Girls' debut single, "Wannabe", was released by Virgin Records in the United Kingdom in July 1996

DigitalChaos
08-09-2012, 04:51 PM
Has TR ever give any info about workout/diet program, on how he got so ripped and big?
I've been curious about this one as well. He never did mention anything. The part I am curious about is how he gained and/or maintained while on tour for so long. Gaining that kind of wait over a couple years isn't that hard for most people to do though. It isn't like he did a 100lb gain in 5 months ala Christian Bale: http://www.fitzness.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/Christian-Bale-Transformation.jpeg

sheepdean
08-09-2012, 05:19 PM
I believe he owes it all to Coke Zero

Hazekiah
08-09-2012, 06:25 PM
I'm pretty sure he mentioned somewhere basically having a portable gym on one of his tour buses, which he'd hit while everyone else went out and partied or whatever.

DigitalChaos
08-09-2012, 11:47 PM
I'm pretty sure he mentioned somewhere basically having a portable gym on one of his tour buses, which he'd hit while everyone else went out and partied or whatever.
That is a damn good way to retain sobriety on a tour. Pretty awesome.

sheepdean
08-13-2012, 11:45 AM
Anyone have a bigger version of these pics? http://www.audiohead.net/interviews/nin/images/wallofsynth.jpg http://www.audiohead.net/interviews/nin/images/artr.jpg

DigitalChaos
08-13-2012, 09:24 PM
Anyone have a bigger version of these pics? http://www.audiohead.net/interviews/nin/images/wallofsynth.jpg http://www.audiohead.net/interviews/nin/images/artr.jpg
I fed the 2nd image into google search, 2nd page of results produced the larges I could find here: http://fr.audiofanzine.com/homestudio/forums/t.9062,le-matos-de-trent-reznor-nine-inch-nails,post.103616.html

Those images are scaled down. Go directly to the image URL for full size:
http://membres.lycos.fr/pema84/photos/10-17-04.jpg
http://membres.lycos.fr/pema84/photos/5-06-04.jpg

and two extras for you:
http://membres.lycos.fr/pema84/photos/2-23-05.jpg
http://membres.lycos.fr/pema84/photos/5-10-04.jpg

sheepdean
08-13-2012, 09:35 PM
Thankyouuu ♥

pigpen
08-13-2012, 10:19 PM
Does anyone else find it kind of funny that at the end of Happiness in Slavery, he's just whispering the word "happiness"??
If someone came into the room at that moment, they'd think TR was some kind of demented hippie. I find myself smiling at that fact everytime I listen to that song, it's just funny to hear him saying the word happiness over and over..

eversonpoe
08-14-2012, 12:36 AM
Does anyone else find it kind of funny that at the end of Happiness in Slavery, he's just whispering the word "happiness"??
If someone came into the room at that moment, they'd think TR was some kind of demented hippie. I find myself smiling at that fact everytime I listen to that song, it's just funny to hear him saying the word happiness over and over..

i always thought he was whispering "happiness controls you"

pigpen
08-14-2012, 08:35 AM
I'm pretty sure at one point he's just saying happiness..

DigitalChaos
08-14-2012, 01:35 PM
It is two different vocal tracks. One saying "happiness" and a more distorted one saying "it controls you"

Also: http://www.ninwiki.com/Happiness_In_Slavery_(song)

Extra lyrics are whispered at the end of the song:

Happiness
It controls you

Goldfoot
08-14-2012, 09:46 PM
I'm pretty sure at one point he's just saying happiness..

If only there were some sort of contraption that could capture the sound produced when the song is played. Then maybe you could play it back and know, rather than be pretty sure.

:p

icklekitty
08-15-2012, 05:34 PM
Has anyone got a link to that graphic about nin's definition of soon compared to the norm? Unsurprisingly I need to use it in an argument.

wizfan
08-15-2012, 06:18 PM
Here it is. Meathead made it.

http://www.theninhotline.net/meatpers/img/concept.gif

notmebug
08-15-2012, 10:25 PM
Anyone have any idea where this photo came from?

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lopxkr0poJ1qm4dano1_1280.jpg

sheepdean
08-15-2012, 10:52 PM
Source seems to be MySpace, oddly. At least, can't find an earlier iteration of it online http://www.myspace.com/spuppy517/photos/2219185

Shnoorum
08-26-2012, 09:15 AM
I don't know if this is something you lot can help me with due to the fact its downloading music but is there anywhere I can download the complete collection of rare NIN related music? As an example, Past The Mission, Supernaut, etc. I foud the torrent "Various Artists - Remixes by Nine Inch Nails, Trent Reznor + Related Performances" but every damned time I try the torrent never works.

I'd also like to add that I do plan on buying everything NIN related that I can actually find and afford a copy of since I'm nigh on OCD when it comes to collecting things but I would like a placeholder untill then so I can actually listen to the music. Some of these feckers are seriously rare/expensive

If anyone can help me not only will I vigorously thank you, I will also be your best friend

bwary
08-27-2012, 03:09 AM
I fed the 2nd image into google search, 2nd page of results produced the larges I could find here: http://fr.audiofanzine.com/homestudio/forums/t.9062,le-matos-de-trent-reznor-nine-inch-nails,post.103616.html

Those images are scaled down. Go directly to the image URL for full size:
http://membres.lycos.fr/pema84/photos/10-17-04.jpg
http://membres.lycos.fr/pema84/photos/5-06-04.jpg

and two extras for you:
http://membres.lycos.fr/pema84/photos/2-23-05.jpg
http://membres.lycos.fr/pema84/photos/5-10-04.jpg

Thankyouuu ♥
original context here (http://www.portraitofdecay.com/nin.com/current/archive1.html)

wizfan
08-27-2012, 03:32 AM
Hey, that's Trent's grandpa, right?

http://www.portraitofdecay.com/nin.com/visuals/10-30-04.html

Was he a musician? Did he know about music technology? Well, all I know is this picture is extremely beautiful. Just imagine Trent inviting his grandfather in his studio. May he rest in peace.

sick among the pure
08-27-2012, 03:24 PM
Hey, that's Trent's grandpa, right?

http://www.portraitofdecay.com/nin.com/visuals/10-30-04.html

Was he a musician? Did he know about music technology? Well, all I know is this picture is extremely beautiful. Just imagine Trent inviting his grandfather in his studio. May he rest in peace.

I'm pretty sure he was the one who ran the Reznor heating company. If that's his fraternal grandpa. I don't know much about his family because I find that kinda creepy. That is a cute pic though.

allegro
08-28-2012, 12:33 AM
I'm pretty sure he was the one who ran the Reznor heating company. If that's his fraternal grandpa. I don't know much about his family because I find that kinda creepy. That is a cute pic though.
That was his (now late) maternal grandfather. The pic appeared on NIN.com, so there shouldn't be any creep factor.

(I think you meant paternal, not fraternal.)

DigitalChaos
08-28-2012, 01:25 PM
fraternal would be interesting. Maybe Trent just looks REALLY young for his age.

imail724
08-28-2012, 11:22 PM
Not sure if this is considered an official remix or not, but I stumbled upon this and it's decent: http://soundcloud.com/thom-monn/nin-the-day-the-world-went-away-and-never-came-back-mix

sick among the pure
08-30-2012, 09:37 AM
That was his (now late) maternal grandfather. The pic appeared on NIN.com, so there shouldn't be any creep factor.

(I think you meant paternal, not fraternal.)

I was in the middle of working new student orientation, with meant a 2-wek stint of getting 4-5 hours of sleep at most. That is what I meant. I also meant knowing about his extended family is kinda creep factor, not having pics of them that he posted. I felt a little weird talking to his niece and nephew when they came down and chatted with people on the rail in Erie, but they chose to, so it's whatever. But then people found his sister on My Space and tried to friend her and sent her messages and shit, that's creep factor.

bwary
08-30-2012, 11:43 AM
Can anyone tell me if phm.nin.com or prettyhatemachine.com had a previous version than the current one of 11.22.10?
(and I don't mean the prettyhatemachine.com prior NIN purchased in 2004)

sheepdean
08-30-2012, 01:39 PM
Can anyone tell me if phm.nin.com or prettyhatemachine.com had a previous version than the current one of 11.22.10?
(and I don't mean the prettyhatemachine.com prior NIN purchased in 2004)
I know that when it debuted, it didn't have all the links for purchasing it that it does now, otherwise it's always been the same afaik.

bwary
08-30-2012, 02:52 PM
ya, that's the only changes made since it's official linkage/launch of 11.22.10 on nin.com afaik, too. Just curious if it had a basic place holder / teaser (like the rest of the minisites often had) for those who were checking... primarily after 10.22.10 (http://nin.com/main/previous_news?m=10&y=2010). I didn't see it mentioned anywhere across the nin news sites, so I doubt it, but just double checking.

Henrie_Schnee
09-01-2012, 05:30 PM
From the top of your head, does anybody remember there ever being a list or table showing what song of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo-OST corresponds to which scene? Maybe buried in a thread here somewhere?

wizfan
09-01-2012, 05:31 PM
You can look at the titles of the tracks in the For Your Consideration release.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Girl_with_the_Dragon_Tattoo_(soundtrack)#Award _FYC_Album

sheepdean
09-01-2012, 06:05 PM
ya, that's the only changes made since it's official linkage/launch of 11.22.10 on nin.com afaik, too. Just curious if it had a basic place holder / teaser (like the rest of the minisites often had) for those who were checking... primarily after 10.22.10 (http://nin.com/main/previous_news?m=10&y=2010). I didn't see it mentioned anywhere across the nin news sites, so I doubt it, but just double checking.
iirc, phm.nin.com redirected to nin.com for a while, but I'm not 100% sure

notequilanomatches
09-01-2012, 10:59 PM
Maternal grandfather. Sadly late, and very involved with NIN.

allegro
09-02-2012, 12:14 AM
Yeah, we figured that out.

skip niklas
09-05-2012, 09:10 AM
Does the NIN filehub still exist?

jessamineny
09-05-2012, 10:38 AM
Does the NIN filehub still exist?

Is this what you mean?

http://reflectinginthechrome.com/

skip niklas
09-05-2012, 11:25 AM
No, a few years ago someone had created a DC++ file sharing hub. Doesn't seem to be active anymore though, but I'm new to this so I was hoping I was just doing something wrong.

seasonsinthesky
09-05-2012, 11:56 AM
there are very few DC hubs left. most have moved onto torrents at this point.

skip niklas
09-05-2012, 07:17 PM
That figures. I go from torrents to hubs while everyone else is doing the opposite. Thanks for the responses.

DigitalChaos
09-05-2012, 11:02 PM
Anyone know if there is a list/catalog of all the symbols used in the Wave Goodbye tour? Or better yet, a list of ALL the symbols that have been used over the years?

http://dc.moose.cc/temp/nin-20120905-210043.jpg

http://dc.moose.cc/temp/skitched-20120905-205708.jpg

http://dc.moose.cc/temp/ninwi-20120905-210119.jpg

Skeptikk
09-06-2012, 06:51 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxbhzY62Mwg&feature=plcp

This video of The Wretched is completely unfamiliar to me. Anyone got any details on it? I was expecting them to just play the one from AATCHB, but then this one came up.

Hazekiah
09-06-2012, 07:06 AM
That's from the tour-promo thing MTV2 did back in the day.

Here's the whole show (ignore the uploader's snarky title, btw):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb4g5c5Kl84

Sallos
09-06-2012, 11:10 AM
Hey does anyone know where or if its possible to get the red shirt with the military insignia worn by trent reznor in into the void clip?

there was this thread in the previous forum about trent's clothing, it ought be brought back.

uroboros
09-07-2012, 03:55 AM
I've been wonderin' for like a decade now...to who or what is the "cunt" addressed to at the end of the wretched on AATCHB?
Mahalo in advance.

bobbie solo
09-08-2012, 12:12 AM
Condoleeza Rice.

Leviathant
09-08-2012, 12:28 AM
That's from the tour-promo thing MTV2 did back in the day.

It was actually aired on MTV initially, I didn't realize MTV2 re-aired it at some point, as that's a much better rip than I've seen before. I've been hunting down the promo VHS for this pretty much since I knew about it.

The MTV2 edit that you linked is missing segues between the tracks, where Trent's being gothy at the piano in his house, playing out The Wretched on piano, playing into Piggy. Maybe I'll bug Rob about that again.

Hazekiah
09-08-2012, 01:33 AM
Thanks! I hadn't remembered that it aired on MTV previously and just went with what the video indicated...which I also hadn't bothered watching since I'd seen it a million times before and was busy, so I likewise hadn't noticed the segues were missing.

I'll try to track down my own copy since it was the full show and I taped it with the best quality possible for me at the time. If I can track it down and it still looks decent I'll upload it for sure.

Unless Rob hooks it up first, of course.

Good luck!

DigitalChaos
09-08-2012, 02:39 AM
Hey does anyone know where or if its possible to get the red shirt with the military insignia worn by trent reznor in into the void clip?

there was this thread in the previous forum about trent's clothing, it ought be brought back.
That's a Master Sergeant of the US Army insignia. Pretty sure you'd have to just DIY that one.

jessamineny
09-08-2012, 03:04 PM
That's a Master Sergeant of the US Army insignia...

What a cheeky fucker. :D

trollmanen
09-10-2012, 09:53 PM
I'm pretty sure I'm right on this one, but I figured I'd ask here. Does Trent Reznor appear on the Exotic Birds self titled LP?

http://www.discogs.com/Exotic-Birds-The-The-Exotic-Birds/release/952324

I was in a local record shop a while back and they had this record labeled as featuring Trent Reznor. When I told the guy that he wasn't on this album, he approached me at the register as I was checking out later saying he looked it up and that Andy Kubiszewski was his alias before (which is obvious BS). Anyway, I knew I was right on it but I just let the guy go off because I didn't feel like being that guy who argues in a record store about something like that. Just saw one of these up on eBay tonight claiming TR is on it.

sick among the pure
09-10-2012, 10:38 PM
I'm pretty sure I'm right on this one, but I figured I'd ask here. Does Trent Reznor appear on the Exotic Birds self titled LP?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exotic_Birds

"Then by 1985, Trent Reznor (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trent_Reznor) (who later formed Nine Inch Nails (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nine_Inch_Nails)) joined the band on keyboards, programming and backing vocals. Shortly after that, Freer departed the band for the Norrköping Symphony (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norrk%C3%B6ping_Symphony) Orchestra and was replaced by Reznor's roommate, Chris Vrenna (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Vrenna) who would also later join Reznor in Nine Inch Nails (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nine_Inch_Nails). Still, this was clearly Kubiszewski's band as neither Reznor nor Vrenna wrote any of the songs."

jessamineny
09-10-2012, 10:42 PM

http://www.discogs.com/Exotic-Birds-The-The-Exotic-Birds/release/952324

I was in a local record shop a while back and they had this record labeled as featuring Trent Reznor. When I told the guy that he wasn't on this album, he approached me at the register as I was checking out later saying he looked it up and that Andy Kubiszewski was his alias before (which is obvious BS). Anyway, I knew I was right on it but I just let the guy go off because I didn't feel like being that guy who argues in a record store about something like that. Just saw one of these up on eBay tonight claiming TR is on it.

Everything I've read says he was in the band at the time L'oiseau was recorded, and that the self-titled was released before he joined.

TheBang
09-12-2012, 02:12 AM
No, a few years ago someone had created a DC++ file sharing hub. Doesn't seem to be active anymore though, but I'm new to this so I was hoping I was just doing something wrong.
That was the halo-zero.org hub. The owner of the server tragically died. The owner's widow kept it running for a while, but eventually it went offline. Usage on it had declined a lot too.

Eddie Diaz
09-21-2012, 12:37 AM
Don't know where to ask this, so here it goes. I ordered Josh Freese's EP My New Friends, back in July and I got the PayPal order confirmation and all.. since then though I haven't received the cd. I asked Josh on Twitter if the CDs were still in stock, but I got no reply... when's the last time someone ordered this cd? or does anyone have a suggestion on how to contact him? I don't want a refund, just my cd. :(

FULLMETAL
09-25-2012, 06:33 PM
I got my TBC working, so I just made a Quicktime of my SVHS fragility v1 special and uploaded it here: https://www.wetransfer.com/dl/XDp2b0h9/14b9a30db1884d74a0ddbcf802d1e556c776c07fc1788f0311 b7549a5b50af69fb0fef8a5644972

I had forgotten about the annoying MTV2 logo in the corner, but it does have the segues with TR and a nifty promo for the v2 tour. I'm getting ready to look at the tour special, but LMK if anyone wants a QT of that as well.

ImTheWiseJanitor
09-29-2012, 07:13 PM
Could someone tell me (or better yet, show me someplace where I can actually access them) all multitrack files available on remix.nin.com? I just tried signing up again to download whatever they had on there, but it seems like it does absolutely nothing whenever I try signing in, much like I remember it doing a few years ago when I actually visited the site. :P I can't even acess the multitrack page without signing in.

If anyone can show me where/tell me how I can get some of the multitracks they have up on there, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Callahan
09-29-2012, 08:03 PM
Could someone tell me (or better yet, show me someplace where I can actually access them) all multitrack files available on remix.nin.com? I just tried signing up again to download whatever they had on there, but it seems like it does absolutely nothing whenever I try signing in, much like I remember it doing a few years ago when I actually visited the site. :P I can't even acess the multitrack page without signing in.

If anyone can show me where/tell me how I can get some of the multitracks they have up on there, I'd greatly appreciate it!

This should help you out! direct links to the remix.nin.com files.

Ghosts I-IV
10 Ghosts II (http://remix.nin.com/data/multitracks/NIN_10_Ghosts_II_Multitracks.zip)
19 Ghosts III (http://remix.nin.com/data/multitracks/NIN_19_Ghosts_III_Multitracks.zip)
26 Ghosts III (http://remix.nin.com/data/multitracks/NIN_26_Ghosts_III_Multitracks.zip)
34 Ghosts IV (http://remix.nin.com/data/multitracks/NIN_34_Ghosts_IV_Multitracks.zip)
35 Ghosts IV (http://remix.nin.com/data/multitracks/NIN_35_Ghosts_IV_Multitracks.zip)

The Slip
999,999 (http://remix.nin.com/data/multitracks/nin_theslip_999999_multitracks.torrent)
1,000,000 (http://remix.nin.com/data/multitracks/nin_theslip_1000000_multitrack.torrent)
Letting You (http://remix.nin.com/data/multitracks/nin_theslip_letting_you_multitracks.torrent)
Discipline (http://remix.nin.com/data/multitracks/nin_theslip_discipline_multitracks.torrent)
Echoplex (http://remix.nin.com/data/multitracks/nin_theslip_echoplex_multitracks.torrent)
Head Down (http://remix.nin.com/data/multitracks/nin_theslip_head_down_multitracks.torrent)
Lights in the Sky (http://remix.nin.com/data/multitracks/nin_theslip_lights_in_the_sky_multitracks.torrent)
Corona Radiata (http://remix.nin.com/data/multitracks/nin_theslip_corona_radiata_multritrack.torrent)
The Four of us are Dying (http://remix.nin.com/data/multitracks/nin_theslip_the_four_of_us_are_dying_multitracks.t orrent)
Demon Seed (http://remix.nin.com/data/multitracks/nin_theslip_demon_seed_multitracks.torrent)

Year Zero
The Beginning of the End
- RAW (http://remix.nin.com/data/multitracks/nin_wave_the_beginning_of_the_end.zip)
- Garageband (http://remix.nin.com/data/multitracks/nin_garageband_the_beginning_of_the_end.band.zip)
- Ableton Live (http://remix.nin.com/data/multitracks/nin_ableton_beginning_of_the_end_project.zip)

Survivalism
- RAW (http://remix.nin.com/data/multitracks/nin_wave_survivalism.zip)
- Garageband (http://remix.nin.com/data/multitracks/nin_garageband_survivalism.band.zip)
- Ableton Live (http://remix.nin.com/data/multitracks/nin_ableton_survivalism_project.zip)

Vessel
- RAW (http://remix.nin.com/data/multitracks/nin_wave_vessel.zip)
- Garageband (http://remix.nin.com/data/multitracks/nin_garageband_vessel.band.zip)
- Ableton Live (http://remix.nin.com/data/multitracks/nin_ableton_vessel_project.zip)

Me, I'm Not
- RAW (http://remix.nin.com/data/multitracks/nin_wave_me_i_m_not.zip)
- Garageband (http://remix.nin.com/data/multitracks/nin_garageband_me_i_m_not.band.zip)
- Ableton Live (http://remix.nin.com/data/multitracks/nin_ableton_me_i_m_not_project.zip)

Capital G
- RAW (http://remix.nin.com/data/multitracks/nin_wave_capital_g.zip)
- Garageband (http://remix.nin.com/data/multitracks/nin_garageband_capital_g.band.zip)
- Ableton Live (http://remix.nin.com/data/multitracks/nin_ableton_capital_g_project.zip)

My Violent Heart
- RAW (http://remix.nin.com/data/multitracks/nin_wave_my_violent_heart.zip)
- Garageband (http://remix.nin.com/data/multitracks/nin_garageband_my_violent_heart.band.zip)
- Ableton Live (http://remix.nin.com/data/multitracks/nin_ableton_my_violent_heart_project.zip)

God Given
- RAW (http://remix.nin.com/data/multitracks/nin_wave_god_given.zip)
- Garageband (http://remix.nin.com/data/multitracks/nin_garageband_god_given.band.zip)
- Ableton Live (http://remix.nin.com/data/multitracks/nin_ableton_god_given_project.zip)

With Teeth
The Hand That Feeds
- RAW (http://remix.nin.com/data/multitracks/nin_aif_thehandthatfeeds.zip)
- Garageband (http://remix.nin.com/data/multitracks/nin_garageband_thehandthatfeeds.zip)

Only
- RAW (http://remix.nin.com/data/multitracks/nin_aif_only.zip)
- Garageband (http://remix.nin.com/data/multitracks/nin_garageband_only.zip)
- Ableton Live (http://remix.nin.com/data/multitracks/nin_ableton_only.zip)

Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross
On We March (http://remix.nin.com/data/multitracks/Trent_Reznor_and_Atticus_Ross-On_We_March-Multitrack.zip)
In Motion (http://remix.nin.com/data/multitracks/Trent_Reznor_and_Atticus_Ross-In_Motion-Multitrack.zip)

How to Destroy Angels
The Space in Between (http://remix.nin.com/data/multitracks/How_to_Destroy_Angels-The_Space_in_Between-multitrack.torrent)
A Drowning (http://remix.nin.com/data/multitracks/How_to_Destroy_Angels-A_Drowning-multitrack_v2.torrent)

Saul Williams
Banged and Blown Through (http://remix.nin.com/data/multitracks/sw_wav_banged_and_blown_through.zip)
Break (http://remix.nin.com/data/multitracks/sw_wav_break.zip)

Street Sweeper Social Club
Fights! Smash! Win! (http://remix.nin.com/data/multitracks/street_sweeper_fight_smash_win_multitracks.torrent )

Jane's Addiction
Whore (http://remix.nin.com/data/multitracks/janes_addiction_whores_multitracks.torrent)
Chip Away (http://remix.nin.com/data/multitracks/janes_addiction_chip_away_multitracks.torrent)

ItsJustDave
09-29-2012, 08:58 PM
TGWTDT Multis (https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B1NzpAp_wqlkaDBCaGwweFJqRW8/edit)

ImTheWiseJanitor
09-29-2012, 09:11 PM
You guys are awesome! Thanks! I'm stockpiling on multitracks so I can play around with 'em once my laptop gets fixed. The Black Light Burns remix contest inspired me. :P

scorpiusdiamond
10-01-2012, 12:10 PM
Did anyone rip the video on NIN using MainStage from Apple? Need it for a uni project...

FULLMETAL
10-01-2012, 01:02 PM
This one? http://www.apple.com/logicpro/in-action/#nin

scorpiusdiamond
10-01-2012, 01:29 PM
This one? http://www.apple.com/logicpro/in-action/#nin

Yep, just hoping someone got the raw video somehow.