PDA

View Full Version : Random NIN Thoughts

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64

telee.kom
07-24-2013, 01:55 AM
I remember being at work when YZ first leaked so I threw a sickie and went home to download it there and then!

Haha. That's a true fan right here

staleincense
07-24-2013, 06:41 AM
(ok, so let's try this again...)

I just found out the demo for Detox by Strapping Young Lad samples Happiness in Slavery:

http://youtu.be/c_REEYHBAeg?t=4m32s

(you'll probably need to jump to 4:32 unless video embeding is actually working properly for once in its existence).

seasonsinthesky
07-24-2013, 08:43 AM
(ok, so let's try this again...)

I just found out the demo for Detox by Strapping Young Lad samples Happiness in Slavery:

http://youtu.be/c_REEYHBAeg?t=4m32s

(you'll probably need to jump to 4:32 unless video embeding is actually working properly for once in its existence).

as does "Japan," an outtake from the first SYL record that appears on their first live album (No Sleep 'Till Bedtime) — one of their best songs!

tony.parente
07-24-2013, 09:12 AM
What does everyone reckon the opening track will be for the current upcoming tour for the festivals?

I think Demon Seed would be amazing, then Came Back Haunted.

It'll probably be Eater of Dreams + some new track.

katara
07-24-2013, 09:45 AM
I agree. The Eater of Dreams will probably just be a tape they throw on to get everyone pumped while the band walks on stage.

sick among the pure
07-24-2013, 09:47 AM
If Hesitation Marks leaked right now, how many of you guys would download it?

This will be the first time I'll be able to go to a show right before the new album drops, so I am actually going to stay off ETS after the first show until the one I'm going to, so I don't have the chance of ruining the new album's experience. Listened to Came Back Haunted, but that's it.
Any other time, yeah I instantly listened to a leak/stream of new stuff.

I agree. The Eater of Dreams will probably just be a tape they throw on to get everyone pumped while the band walks on stage.

It's hard to know without knowing what the song sounds like. I always like when they come on one by one playing their part, finally building to Trent, like with Now I'm Nothing or 999,999 into 1,000,000. But I also flipped my fucking shit for Pinion into Mr. Self Destruct because of the sudden BAM IT'S NIN feel.
Guess what I'm saying is I don't care how they open the show It's going to be awesome.

Amaro
07-24-2013, 09:54 AM
Mr. Self Destruct or Pinion opens the show.

somewhat_
07-24-2013, 10:22 AM
Eater of dreams/copy of a

fillow
07-24-2013, 10:23 AM
I still hope that someday they'll open with Ghosts 27. (http://goo.gl/iE0iIc)

katara
07-24-2013, 11:20 AM
It's hard to know without knowing what the song sounds like.
True, but it's so short, I imagine it's another tape track that's never going to be played live properly.

I really hope I'm wrong.

nobies
07-24-2013, 02:13 PM
Take advantage of Eustis' presence in the band.

The Frail (version) tape intro with some cool video graphics, band walks out..... then straight into Where Is Everybody? (version). Now that's an intro.

Hello, I'm new here.

eversonpoe
07-24-2013, 02:54 PM
I still hope that someday they'll open with Ghosts 27. (http://goo.gl/iE0iIc)

definitely in my top 5 on ghosts. possibly even #1...

Ryan
07-24-2013, 07:07 PM
It's hard to know without knowing what the song sounds like.

Exactly. Unless, for the new songs, they have some sort of haunting Hesitation Marks-like artwork backdrop that slowly fades in with the new song titles if they are played.

slave2thewage
07-24-2013, 09:18 PM
You guys missed out if you never went to a show with HYPERPOWER! opening.

Ryan
07-25-2013, 03:08 AM

And We're In This Together you lucky bitch!

icklekitty
07-25-2013, 06:36 AM
And We're In This Together you lucky bitch!

Twice. (and in your country once!)

Prettybrokenspiral
07-25-2013, 06:46 AM
Something I Can Never Have is still the greatest song ever.

MAD
07-25-2013, 06:57 AM
I went to a Saul Williams concert in Romania. At the end of the set, being in the front row, I started screaming the lyrics of HYPERPOWER!. He heard me and came back and played the whole song.

Needless to say, I came.

Ryan
07-25-2013, 07:24 AM
Something I Can Never Have is still the greatest song ever.

I caught a great moment of that in 2009.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdclR6YMye4

Yoshata
07-25-2013, 12:46 PM
Holy crap, the NYT article has me really pumped for HM! I can't go to any shows this year, but I'll be actively consuming everything about the tour from a distance, and I'll be counting down the days until the album release. September 3rd is going to be one of the highlights of my year. :)

Prettybrokenspiral
07-25-2013, 03:21 PM
I caught a great moment of that in 2009.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdclR6YMye4

Obliged, friend!

tony.parente
07-25-2013, 03:58 PM
Obliged, friend!

Its too bad the audience was full of screaming assholes.

eversonpoe
07-25-2013, 04:10 PM
Its too bad the audience was full of screaming autists.

couldn't you say "assholes" instead of making fun of a (rather large) group of people who literally can't help the way they are? you've been a huge douche the last couple days on the board, dude.

tony.parente
07-25-2013, 04:18 PM
couldn't you say "assholes" instead of making fun of a (rather large) group of people who literally can't help the way they are? you've been a huge douche the last couple days on the board, dude.

Fixed.
And you're right, sorry. I'm too new here to be acting like I have the right to be that douchy.

Leviathant
07-25-2013, 04:37 PM
Fixed.
And you're right, sorry. I'm too new here to be acting like I have the right to be that douchy.

I appreciate the edit, but just so you know, no one has 'the right to be that douchy' here. It stinks up the atmosphere, like farting in an elevator. I like it better when the folks here aren't assholes, and aren't snarky or (openly?) elitist, despite what you might read on reddit or the NIN forums. That's not to say that everything on ETS has to be flowers and bunny rabbits, but compared to just about every other community on the internet, it's less douchey here, and that's awesome.

Let's keep it awesome. Thanks!

butter_hole
07-25-2013, 05:21 PM
The new Times article, with its Stop Making Sense references, makes this Vine from Mariqueen all the more relevant and welcoming!

(aaaandd.... I don't know how to link Vines. It was from June 5! Help, anyone?)

ultimatebdp
07-25-2013, 05:49 PM
Random NIN Thought:

It's going to be weird getting up at the crack of dawn and making coffee to get ready for a NEW NIN show tomorrow morning.

Scarlet Siren
07-25-2013, 06:03 PM
Random NIN Thought:

It's going to be weird getting up at the crack of dawn and making coffee to get ready for a NEW NIN show tomorrow morning.

i'm trying to arrange for an extended lunch break so I can watch my my iPad. Heh heh!

Scarlet Siren
07-25-2013, 06:05 PM
3 weeks 5 days until my first NIN show! I've waited YEARS for this. It's soooooo close!

Ryan
07-25-2013, 06:31 PM
Random NIN Thought:

Orrrrrgasm.

butter_hole
07-25-2013, 06:38 PM
Orrrrrgasm.

When's the show on Sydney time?

Amaro
07-25-2013, 06:39 PM
Hesitation Marks...bitches.

Ryan
07-25-2013, 07:44 PM
When's the show on Sydney time?

I'm not sure. Look it up for me pls?

We're +10 hours AEST.

nowimdowninit
07-25-2013, 07:58 PM
Perhaps I've drank too much. I've had a particularly bad day, but here goes.

On the eve (in the USA) of the first NIN concert in several years, I am reminded of how much this band means to me. Here's to an awesome tour for the band that has been so dear to me for the past 18 years, and their other fans, as well as the journey we have, collectively, enjoyed along with TR.

All the best to all of you!

Hopefully, that is not too random, even for this thread!

Ryan
07-25-2013, 08:13 PM

On the eve (in the USA) of the first NIN concert in several years, I am reminded of how much this band means to me. Here's to an awesome tour for the band that has been so dear to me for the past 18 years, and their other fans, as well as the journey we have, collectively, enjoyed along with TR.

Let us embrace.

Torgo
07-25-2013, 08:17 PM
****lollerskates hugz****

Amaro
07-25-2013, 08:19 PM
This is when ETS tends to gets rrrrrrrrreal fun...live play-by-play outbursts and all good shit... This one sure is special though, with the broadcast available and knowing we're on the brink of brand new songs very likely being played. Some of us may not even go to bed. :eek: And, it's the return of NIN. Trentus has risen. Come on...

During the course of the show, should we express our feelings here or in the show thread?

thefragile_jake
07-25-2013, 08:23 PM

Here here! I have all the bootlegs for all 3 of the NIN shows I've seen and this past month was a great time of revisiting those shows while I've been hiking and doing cardio work outs. This is an awesome time to be a Nine Inch Nails fan for sure!

So with the show airing at 8:30 EST...guess that means I'll wake up at 7 AM to catch it since it's playing at 7:30 CST.

screwdriver
07-25-2013, 09:43 PM

Cheers buddy, have been having similar thoughts all day.

blassster
07-25-2013, 11:02 PM
I guess this app is old news, but it might be cool for some ETS people to add each other on here before a show and try it out live. Well, if they can get a good connection on site and have a decent amount of data. I haven't used it myself but I'm assuming it uploads on the spot. Worth a try?

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100770645

Skeptikk
07-26-2013, 01:15 AM
I'm not sure. Look it up for me pls?

We're +10 hours AEST.

Im terrible at time conversion >.<

Halp.

danebraddy
07-26-2013, 01:24 AM
Japan is one hour behind us. It's 10:30pm tonight.

Currently it's 3:23pm on Friday there - it's 4:23pm Friday here

Skeptikk
07-26-2013, 01:26 AM

Thankyou :D

I thought what I posted seemed way off.

Ryan
07-26-2013, 01:38 AM

So 10:30pm tonight is when the streaming begins?

Ryan
07-26-2013, 01:40 AM
Over half a million views... so glad I recorded this in 2007 lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ5iHaV0dP4

edit: Speaking of recordings, I still have my 2005 recordings somewhere but the quality is really crappy.

danebraddy
07-26-2013, 03:48 AM
So 10:30pm tonight is when the streaming begins?

Assuming I'm right, yes.
It 5:48pm on Friday there.. So 4 and a bit hours till show time

telee.kom
07-26-2013, 06:12 AM
Shouldn't that stream (http://www.youtube.com/user/fujirocktv/videos) be up already? Show's starting in 15 minutes and that youtube channel is just chilling there like nothing's going on

dlb
07-26-2013, 06:19 AM
show starts in an hour. 14:30 where you live.

telee.kom
07-26-2013, 06:22 AM
yeah I forgot to include summertime in my time conversion. Thanks

dlb
07-26-2013, 06:30 AM
No prob! For everyone else: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=2161 ;)

Amaro
07-26-2013, 12:48 PM
I could take a leak any minute now, or at least another track formally let out of the bag...

Damn the new debuted songs for sounding really promising, because this wait hurts.

I'm trying to lay off their live renditions from now on, picking up some old NIN records instead.

BRoswell
07-26-2013, 01:26 PM
New live version of Sanctified is groovy/sexy as fuck.

ryanmcfly
07-26-2013, 01:34 PM
Has anyone tried to transcribe the lyrics for Copy of A and Find My Way?

jessamineny
07-26-2013, 02:03 PM
You know, I didn't think "Sanctified" sounded great. But it was interesting and unsettling, and also surprising to hear after so many years and being so high in the setlist. All of those things kind of made it great in another way.

BenAkenobi
07-26-2013, 02:15 PM
anybody else mistook “Find my way” for “The greater good” (Year Zero, 12th track) briefly?

Amaro
07-26-2013, 02:34 PM
anybody else mistook “Find my way” for “The greater good” (Year Zero, 12th track) briefly?

Yeah, and I almost shed another tear, because before FMW was MIN...

\\\

Random thought: my satisfaction is up to here ^^^^ from all of the recent NIN sounds, and there are yet 11 more album tracks to be heard.

Everyone sit on that, for a sec.

cashpiles (closed)
07-26-2013, 03:00 PM
Hey guys, just because the touring has begun and the new album is just around the corner, it doesn't mean we should start neglecting the other sections of the forum.... just kidding.

Callahan
07-26-2013, 03:07 PM
I guess this app is old news, but it might be cool for some ETS people to add each other on here before a show and try it out live. Well, if they can get a good connection on site and have a decent amount of data. I haven't used it myself but I'm assuming it uploads on the spot. Worth a try?

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100770645

Wow, this actually seems like a pretty neat idea, would be pretty fun to try out! You can see a bunch of the movies on their site:

http://vyclone.com/movies

some of them seem a bit jittery when switching between the cameras, but maybe the editing that comes with it can fix that up a bit.

Papagolash
07-26-2013, 06:00 PM
SO I just watched Find My Way, and it was bugging me that I've heard that melody before. Then it clicked in my head, it's the Hey Dude theme!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4_Nu3tN6rg

ItsJustDave
07-26-2013, 06:36 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/27/eju8e7ag.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

butter_hole
07-26-2013, 06:51 PM
You know, I didn't think "Sanctified" sounded great. But it was interesting and unsettling, and also surprising to hear after so many years and being so high in the setlist. All of those things kind of made it great in another way.
For the first time in my NIN fandom I actually enjoy Sanctified...

Ryan
07-26-2013, 06:52 PM
Funny thing: a few hours before the stream started I went back looking at older songs they could potentially play and Sanctified was the first one I thought of and listened to. I shit you not.

tony.parente
07-26-2013, 07:03 PM
Here's a thought.

I want a reworked version of I'm Looking Forward To Joining You, Finally on this tour.

Get at it t-rez.

thefragile_jake
07-26-2013, 08:44 PM
Just realized something...is this the first time "Only" has been played since 2008?

richardp
07-26-2013, 09:26 PM
I need a new Hoodie really badly. Hopefully the Tension tour hoodie is worth the presumed $75 pricetag.

MrSlfDstruct
07-26-2013, 10:23 PM
I forgot how much I loved Year Zero Remixed*. I'd say it's the best NIN remix album, what's the general mood about it here?

*and yes that even includes Olof Dreijer's Me, I'm Not remix.

I've never gotten into it much, but to be fair I never gave it much of a chance either. I've got to revisit it. I just remember thinking that a lot of the songs are drawn out and overly long but not interesting enough to justify being so long. And I really missed having remixes by TR, it was always cool to see his different interpretations of his own material. FDTS is still hard to top for me.

BRoswell
07-26-2013, 10:35 PM
I forgot how much I loved Year Zero Remixed*. I'd say it's the best NIN remix album, what's the general mood about it here?

I enjoy all the remix albums, but I have to say that Year Zero Remixed gets the most plays. I can appreciate the more abstract remixes on Fixed and Further Down The Spiral, but I have to be in a certain mood for them. I can listen to a lot of the remixes on YZR pretty much any time though. Are they the most original remixes you'll ever hear? No, but they take what I love about the album and push it even further and that's really all that matters to me. Though if you don't like Year Zero, chances are YZR won't be your preferred remix album.

As far as the Me, I'm Not remix goes, I'm not a fan for the same reason I'm not a fan of the Porter Ricks remix of The Day The World Went Away. Both tracks just don't anywhere. I'm all for long, meandering tracks, but at least make it interesting.

botley
07-26-2013, 10:40 PM
They are both trance-inducing and quite danceable tracks on big loud sound systems.

thefragile_jake
07-26-2013, 11:26 PM

Actually I prefer the Olof version of Me, I'm Not over the regular Year Zero version.

I do like Year Zero Remixed....and I'd say I even like it more than the record it's remixing...but I have such fond memories of Things Falling Apart that I think that one is probably my favorite remix records. Yes, there are a shit ton of Starfuckers mixes...but I'm such a Fragile fan that the deconstruction and re imagining of those tracks is just something I love to revisit.

I love Slipping Away so much

Conan The Barbarian
07-27-2013, 12:22 AM
Here's a thought.

I want a reworked version of I'm Looking Forward To Joining You, Finally on this tour.

Get at it t-rez.

I saw this in my head. ( I suck at photoshop, but I literally saw this exact image in my head, I need help.)

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-kzLsk2_3wbU/UfNXXyiveNI/AAAAAAAABCE/SDeIZ03CohE/w610-h374-no/jurassic-park-t-rez-img.jpg

pukkelpop
07-27-2013, 01:30 PM
it's insane and foolish how much i love NIN/trent

dlb
07-27-2013, 01:48 PM
it's insane and foolish how much i love NIN/trent

tell me about! I'm running around the house all day in a black tank top, shorts and combat boots (it's 37 degrees though). :D

Mutilated
07-27-2013, 02:53 PM
So its rumoured that All Time Low is a grunge song that sounds like Bush or Stone Temple Pilots?!?! Talk about a nightmare.

I call bullshit.

Amaro
07-27-2013, 03:24 PM
So its rumoured that All Time Low is a grunge song that sounds like Bush or Stone Temple Pilots?!?! Talk about a nightmare.

I call bullshit.

Good call, because that's one (1) source's interpretation of the song. The same source that has, in my opinion, completely missed the mark on a couple of other songs they also claimed to have heard from the album itself, which, as of yesterday, the world can hear in live form (Copy of A and Find My Way). They basically called COA just a concert opener, and described FMW as bringing "distorted atmospheres and some glitch." And that's all. (Really? Really????)

Personally, both COA and FMW have only honed my attention in on Hesitation Marks further, in a most positive way.

\\\

The Line Begins To Blur is one of NIN's greatest songs.

seasonsinthesky
07-27-2013, 08:12 PM
...but I have such fond memories of Things Falling Apart that I think that one is probably my favorite remix records. Yes, there are a shit ton of Starfuckers mixes...but I'm such a Fragile fan that the deconstruction and re imagining of those tracks is just something I love to revisit.

same for me. plus, when you add in the four 'outtakes' (ED, NYD, LM, TF), it's a completely sublime accompaniment to the album. i agree with the detractors about the three "Starfuckers" remixes, but i find each has at least one section i enjoy, and they are quite a bit more spaced out if you include those extra 4 remixes aforementioned.

the opening three tracks are incredible. the strength of "The Great Collapse" is probably the fact that it's an original, though... i think a remix of it would probably have missed the mark. stylistically, SA and TW (Version) match it extremely well, and the flow is impeccably dynamic. it wasn't a quick assembly of external works like the post-2005 remix releases; a lot of thought went into TFA, just like FTDS, and i think that's why so many fans revere them more (although more time known = distortion of likeability, as we know).

Leviathant
07-27-2013, 08:48 PM
It sure is interesting seeing the diversity of opinions across the fanbase. I thought that, for years, the last good remix album was Further Down the Spiral. Year Zero Remixed was, to me, a return to the 'great NIN remix album' format. The remixes of the Fragile era songs, to me, came off like studio noodling, more akin to Fixed than Closer to God or FDTS. The only With Teeth era remixes I really liked were on weird imports (cardsleeve EDIETS promo, Japanese W_T). There was a fun remix of Only, but the rest of it really fell flat to me. I figured I'd just lucked out, and that The Downward Spiral era was some kind of remix utopia fluke.

Perhaps it has something to do with which remix album you hear first. It was incredible to me that in the mid-90s, the era of the shitty house 12" remix, a song like Closer with it's four-on-the-floor made for the club beat got an EP that explored one single song in so many completely different ways. The Coil & Thirlwell remixes on FDTS brought a whole drugged out depth to other tracks on that album.

And then the promo vinyl for TDTWWA comes out and it's got a Porter Ricks mix that I couldn't even play without my needle skipping, and it wasn't even worth playing. Perhaps it was reactionary - here's this incredibly richly textured song, building layer upon layer, so much sound to choose from... and the one remix of it sounds like someone set up the drum machine and forgot about it.

TDTWWA (Version) though - that's more like it!

Don't get me started on the shithouse Photek and DFA remixes for THTF.

But with YZR, there's the Pirate Robot Midget remix that's like NIN meets Oizo, the electro'd out Ladytron remixes, Bill Laswell's Vessel remixes, The Warning with Senegalese drumming, Kronos Quartet, the Faint. UNF. (If you couldn't tell from my verdict on the Porter Ricks remix, I'm also not a fan of the Me I'm Not remix. And let's pretend that Capital G remix by Switch never happened)

Ryan
07-27-2013, 08:51 PM
TDTWWA (Version) though - that's more like it!

(Version) or (Quiet)?

botley
07-27-2013, 08:51 PM
The Photek remixes are fun, especially the import-only Ruff mix. He also appears on "All the Love in the World" so it tied in nicely with the album.

butter_hole
07-28-2013, 03:20 AM
SO I just watched Find My Way, and it was bugging me that I've heard that melody before. Then it clicked in my head, it's the Hey Dude theme!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4_Nu3tN6rg
This popular "weird twitter" account just referenced Hey Dude... pretty obscure show. Are you on ETS, wu tang Goku?

https://twitter.com/wtgoku/status/361063213648969729

jmtd
07-28-2013, 03:27 AM
My fav wt era remix is photek dub mix from thtf 7"... It has one good idea and runs with it, whereas the others try too much IMHO. I haven't really listened to the only remixes, as I didn't like the original much. Maybe I should.

butter_hole
07-28-2013, 03:33 AM
Bill Laswell's Vessel remixes
Really, you liked them? As someone who fucked around with the YZ multi-tracks for a STUPIDLY long amount of time, the Bill Laswell mix is the only one that I felt like I could have done myself!

Ryan
07-28-2013, 03:41 AM
My fav wt era remix is photek dub mix from thtf 7"... It has one good idea and runs with it, whereas the others try too much IMHO. I haven't really listened to the only remixes, as I didn't like the original much. Maybe I should.

I love the EL-P mix of Only and the Gillian Gilbert & Stephen Morris mix of Zero-Sum. The latter not just because I'm a New Order whore but because it really makes the vocal track stand out.

Leviathant
07-28-2013, 08:31 AM
Whoops - Quiet, not version. And I like the Ruff Mix by Photek, but the other ones never did anything for me. But that's why it's good that there's such a diversity of opinion here. There are folks who hate the remixes I like best, and love the remixes I can't stand. Variety! :)

jmtd
07-28-2013, 11:31 AM
Is the ruff mix the one that incorporates the dub mix at the end?

Bokononist
07-28-2013, 12:36 PM
Copy of A will be abbreviated to COA. Ahaha!

dlb
07-28-2013, 02:33 PM
Random thing that sprung to my mind: both Eustis and Avery have blackwork tattoos... is that some kind of trademark between (NIN) bass players? Tim Commerford is rocking this game the best, though and would be quite an interesting choice if there happens to be another chang ein line-up.

Space Suicide
07-28-2013, 07:39 PM
Never realized how damn much I like the new single. Must've listened to the shit on repeat at least 6 or 7 times in a row.

captainbeyond
07-29-2013, 02:33 AM
Has it ever occurred to anyone that listening to any live show since 2006 and counting all the "HEYs" would make for a great drinking game?

Scarlet Siren
07-29-2013, 02:48 AM
Has it ever occurred to anyone that listening to any live show since 2006 and counting all the "HEYs" would make for a great drinking game?

YES! I'm in! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

megalomaniac3
07-29-2013, 03:49 AM

This would be great. Disgusting, but great!

Fist Fuck
07-29-2013, 06:04 AM

Thanks, but I don't want to die.

ImTheWiseJanitor
07-29-2013, 09:29 AM
My roommates are probably getting tired of hearing me play the Fuji show over and over. Zero fucks given!

I'm actually watching it from start to finish for the first time, finally. Shit's awesome. This community is by far the best out there.

thatguymark
07-29-2013, 09:35 AM
Add a rule in the drinking game for every time you hear "come on!" and it gets even more interesting.

Amaro
07-29-2013, 09:53 AM
Never realized how damn much I like the new single. Must've listened to the shit on repeat at least 6 or 7 times in a row.

I think it's the best single since Into The Void.

dlb
07-29-2013, 11:05 AM
I just love how this place is going absolutely nuts for the past days and I'm as deep into NIN like I haven't been since seeing them live the last time. 2007, fuck.

Also: when I finally got the live stream to work after having had lunch with my collegues, I experienced what might very well be my most amazing music-moment this year. First NIN show in 4 years, live on my computer, new line-up, new show and a fucking kick ass song and performance. We are a lucky bunch and the whole NIN camp is in full effect! :)

cashpiles (closed)
07-29-2013, 11:25 AM
I just thought of a name for the Hesitation Marks remix album: Hesitation Remarks

Space Suicide
07-29-2013, 12:52 PM
I think it's the best single since Into The Void.

I can actually agree whole-heartedly with that entirely. Has great staying power and it's a well rounded track.

Avarik
07-29-2013, 05:04 PM
Spotted this NIN reference on a sale for Halo mega blocks

http://kids.woot.com/offers/halo-unsc-sabre-countdown-set

"Mom and Dad, you're old enough to think HALO is a reference to what Nine Inch Nails lovers collect! No, no, no, that's not true. "

butter_hole
07-29-2013, 07:12 PM
Spotted this NIN reference on a sale for Halo mega blocks

http://kids.woot.com/offers/halo-unsc-sabre-countdown-set

"Mom and Dad, you're old enough to think HALO is a reference to what Nine Inch Nails lovers collect! No, no, no, that's not true. "

Wow, that was forced, wasn't it.

kercyx
07-30-2013, 12:15 AM
Am I the only one thinking A Copy of A could lead to Sex Dwarf/Memorabilia ? Just imagine these 3 songs for the intro...

BRoswell
07-30-2013, 12:35 AM
Speaking of that, I'd love to see Memorabilia played. I feel like they could have a lot of fun with that one, and it's very monotone in terms of vocals, so it really wouldn't be a big strain on Trent's voice.

Oh yeah, and Robin could recreate his vocal sample too. :p

Furie_Zacharias
07-30-2013, 03:32 AM
"copyofacopyofacopyofa" is the new "flipflopflip"

sheepdean
07-30-2013, 09:55 AM
The faux-arabic breakdown in Disappointed is surreal and awesome, I can't wait for the studio version.

Also, of the 4 songs from the album, I've loved all except CBH.

scorpiusdiamond
07-30-2013, 03:48 PM
A local band covered Head Like A Hole as part of their PledgeMusic campaign (https://soundcloud.com/pete-scott/exit_international-head-like-a), they're doing The Hand That Feeds too.

Zipfinator
07-30-2013, 03:52 PM
Add a rule in the drinking game for every time you hear "come on!" and it gets even more interesting.

For the ultimate game also count "Fuck" replacements.

jmtd
07-30-2013, 03:55 PM
The faux-arabic breakdown in Disappointed is surreal and awesome, I can't wait for the studio version.

Also, of the 4 songs from the album, I've loved all except CBH.
I haven't picked up in the faux Arabic thing on my drive-by listens. Phrigian scale?

Jon Griffin
07-30-2013, 04:10 PM
Anyone else feel like shit whenever they see Trent in a tanktop? Dude's 48 and looks like goddamn Hercules.

Khrz
07-30-2013, 04:48 PM
Anyone else feel like shit whenever they see Trent in a tanktop? Dude's 48 and looks like goddamn Hercules.

I'll keep on cultivating my iggy pop dried-dead-lizard look. Leather doesn't sag, wait for trent to be too old to pump iron and all of that mass is going to rush downward, wobbly style.

Edit : That post was incredibly metrosexual.

Vertigo
07-30-2013, 04:51 PM
...goddamn Hercules.

Heracles, Jon, we're not a bunch of culture-stealing classical fascists with still-unsurpassed road-building skills. But yes, he does look like he spent his early years strangling pythons.

slave2thewage
07-30-2013, 04:58 PM
Ultimate NIN bootleg drinking game:

- Take a shot every time Trent says "HEY!"
- Take a shot every time Trent says "C'MON!"
- Take a shot every time Trent says "ALRIGH'!"
- Take a shot every time Trent uses "Fuck" in the lyrics.
- Take a shot every time Trent gets pissed off at the crowd and/or band
- Take a shot every time Robin screams a backing vocal
- Take a shot every time Aaron jumps/twirls (2005-7 bootlegs)
- Take a shot every time Jeordie looks excited (see above)

reseen_lamenti
07-30-2013, 05:04 PM
I couldn't fubusge motp. I failed . In sorry

theimage13
07-30-2013, 05:12 PM

No booze necessary to partake in this one.

MrSlfDstruct
07-30-2013, 06:13 PM

And this is him slightly toned down. In the With Teeth days he looked like a brick shithouse. He looks like a healthy medium between circa 2000 and 2005 now.

fortheloveofgod
07-30-2013, 06:48 PM
So I am beginning to think I am the only one trying to wait to see NIN live again in October and for the album to come out / leak properly to listen to anything new and live. Don't want to pop my cherry with 15 sec instragram clips.

Amaro
07-30-2013, 06:50 PM
So I am beginning to think I am the only one trying to wait to see NIN live again in October and for the album to come out / leak properly to listen to anything new and live. Don't want to pop my cherry with 15 sec instragram clips.

I trust you know there is full length footage of each new song performed live. But that's cool. I can't help myself.

thatguymark
07-30-2013, 07:50 PM
Ultimate NIN bootleg drinking game:

- Take a shot every time Trent says "HEY!"
- Take a shot every time Trent says "C'MON!"
- Take a shot every time Trent says "ALRIGH'!"
- Take a shot every time Trent uses "Fuck" in the lyrics.
- Take a shot every time Trent gets pissed off at the crowd and/or band
- Take a shot every time Robin screams a backing vocal
- Take a shot every time Aaron jumps/twirls (2005-7 bootlegs)

-Take a shot every time Trent says "Here we go!"
-Take a shot every time a mic stand gets knocked over/thrown

Are we missing anything?

Frozen Beach
07-30-2013, 07:51 PM
Are we missing anything?
an AA meeting after the show.

NotoriousTIMP
07-30-2013, 07:56 PM
Damn, TDS is 20 years old next year! I feel old....

butter_hole
07-30-2013, 08:07 PM
Damn, TDS is 20 years old next year! I feel old....
I wonder if there'll be a re-issue. Could always do with more demos from that era!

jessamineny
07-30-2013, 08:08 PM

Nope. I've only watched listened to the new Sanctified, and haven't heard anything from the new album or watched anything from the tour.

Ryan
07-30-2013, 08:12 PM
Nope. I've only watched the new Sanctified, and haven't heard anything from the new album.

Dayum! You must be itching.

screwdriver
07-30-2013, 08:13 PM
Nope. I've only watched the new Sanctified, and haven't heard anything from the new album.

I dunno how you're doing that... I decided enough was enough after Fuji, but I came REALLY close to watching Disappointed today... managed to stop myself through sheer force of will (and by eating M&Ms instead, at least indulging one vice)

jessamineny
07-30-2013, 08:34 PM
I dunno how you're doing that... I decided enough was enough after Fuji, but I came REALLY close to watching Disappointed today... managed to stop myself through sheer force of will (and by eating M&Ms instead, at least indulging one vice)

Some combination of deciding it's really important to me (see below) and convincing myself it doesn't exist it doesn't exist it doesn't exist... :D

(I want The Fragile experience of an album unfolding for me like a story, without being jarred by interruptions of these songs I've compulsively listened to. I learned after the YZ leaks ruined it for me.)

Dayum! You must be itching.

A leak would be really nice any time now...

wizfan
07-30-2013, 08:39 PM
I'm staying away from the live stuff until HM comes out.

theburningreptile
07-30-2013, 08:43 PM
Been listening to this for a while now. This is probably my favorite remix of any band ever. Whoever did it is amazing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez9ps0p76gk

screwdriver
07-30-2013, 08:45 PM
Some combination of deciding it's really important to me (see below) and convincing myself it doesn't exist it doesn't exist it doesn't exist... :D

(I want The Fragile experience of an album unfolding for me like a story, without being jarred by interruptions of these songs I've compulsively listened to. I learned after the YZ leaks ruined it for me.)

thanks for giving me just a bit more inspiration!

fortheloveofgod
07-30-2013, 09:53 PM
Nope. I've only watched listened to the new Sanctified, and haven't heard anything from the new album or watched anything from the tour.

I haven't even listened to that. Probably on my list of waiting to see if it makes it to the fall setlist. Pacifying myself with the '96 version from the outside tour.

Emil Dorbell
07-31-2013, 01:58 AM

You've got character. That's just... impressive! I've managed to stay away from any visual spoilers at least, but I've listened to all of the new songs. Also, the show I'm going to is 8/28, so it's not like I have to wait until october.

howdidislipinto
07-31-2013, 03:13 AM
You tell me it's been nearly 20 years since TDS, I say sure. You tell me it's been nearly 10 years since the TDS reissue, I say WHAT??

...and that means the WT 10 year anniversary is right around the corner...

jmtd
07-31-2013, 03:25 AM
I wonder if there'll be a re-issue. Could always do with more demos from that era!

It feels like A TDS reissue is probably more likely than the fragile at this point :(

Khrz
07-31-2013, 03:58 AM
It feels like A TDS reissue is probably more likely than the fragile at this point :(

Aw hell no ! I'm already a bit bummed that TDS2 is now officially a thing (even though I love everything I've heard so far and hope reznor handles the concept well), now I won't get the thought of a TDS : DE : DE out of my head...

BenAkenobi
07-31-2013, 04:08 AM
is it weird to read "TDS" as "tedious"? like, man, not all is said and done about it yet?

Scarlet Siren
07-31-2013, 05:07 AM
I've had Sanctified in my head for days. Damn that live version.... too good!

Ryan
07-31-2013, 05:43 AM

Don't say that! Need that Fragile re-release asap.

butter_hole
07-31-2013, 06:08 AM
Everything needs a re-release

with teeth demos i hear you calling my name

sheepdean
07-31-2013, 06:17 AM
Everything needs a re-release

with teeth demos i hear you calling my name
It's been half a decade since The Slip WHERE ARE MY OUTTAKES DAMMIT

BenAkenobi
07-31-2013, 06:33 AM
OUTTAKES DAMMIT

Thirty six ghosts don't count huh?

sheepdean
07-31-2013, 06:46 AM
Thirty six ghosts don't count huh?
I thought it was the other way round, as Ghosts 38 became Demon Seed?

BenAkenobi
07-31-2013, 07:13 AM
you just gave me an idea — to try Came back hunted right after Demon seed. not expecting enhancement but who knows...

Ryan
07-31-2013, 07:27 AM
Came back hunted

Good remix title.

BenAkenobi
07-31-2013, 07:32 AM
yeah, i'll mash it up with Hunted down by Soundgarden

eversonpoe
07-31-2013, 08:00 AM
I thought it was the other way round, as Ghosts 38 became Demon Seed?

i think he meant the entire album worth of "thirty six ghosts" tracks (with which i don't agree :p )

BenAkenobi
07-31-2013, 08:13 AM
i have no idea what do you mean by "the entire album worth" of w/e, i meant wanting more is clear sign of greed. honestly thought that sweat would've dried by now. bite that tongue will you

and before you take offense, i declare i believe the slip is just fine without any outtakes. it's no fragile which got notorious due to gazillions of tracks popping out here and there and god only knows where.

eversonpoe
07-31-2013, 08:55 AM
i have no idea what do you mean by "the entire album worth" of w/e, i meant wanting more is clear sign of greed. honestly thought that sweat would've dried by now. bite that tongue will you

and before you take offense, i declare i believe the slip is just fine without any outtakes. it's no fragile which got notorious due to gazillions of tracks popping out here and there and god only knows where.

ohhhh i misunderstood. i thought you were saying that ghosts was essentially outtakes for the slip because you didn't like it that much. see how garbled intent becomes via text on the internet? hahaha. sorry about that :p

screwdriver
07-31-2013, 09:36 AM
you know, I'm probably gonna be in the distinct minority of this but...

I don't want any Fragile outtakes. I'd love to hear a remaster of the album, maybe even a 5.1 mix, but everything about that album is perfect to me -- and that means not just the music, but the mystique. It's a great artifact of the height of 20th century musical indulgence and at this point in my life I don't need to see all the pieces that built it. I'm happy with what it is -- the expectations that the outtakes would be hidden gems to me seem misplaced, because I'm quite confident that spending 2 years working on it meant all of the good stuff got swallowed into the album.

BenAkenobi
07-31-2013, 09:59 AM
for me ghosts are good on their own basis.

here's the only the slip outtake you can get, if you so desire http://www.sendspace.com/file/j4q4j3

ultimatebdp
07-31-2013, 12:27 PM

I don't want any Fragile outtakes. I'd love to hear a remaster of the album, maybe even a 5.1 mix, but everything about that album is perfect to me -- and that means not just the music, but the mystique. It's a great artifact of the height of 20th century musical indulgence and at this point in my life I don't need to see all the pieces that built it. I'm happy with what it is -- the expectations that the outtakes would be hidden gems to me seem misplaced, because I'm quite confident that spending 2 years working on it meant all of the good stuff got swallowed into the album.

Yep...you're in the distinct minority.
Did you ever think that maybe because they worked on it for 2 years that they could've had MORE than only 2 discs worth of good material?? Some stuff might not have worked with the flow of the album and it was left off. I mean, he was taking a risk by making it a double album to begin with and making it a triple would've been off the table (as far as the record company was concerned). TR's said many times that he doesn't rehash material (minus Demon Seed/Ghosts & Tardust) and when he got back from the Fragile tour he was in the grips of addiction. I'm sure he didn't want to go back and listen to that stuff after getting his shit together...he wanted to see what he had sober. I'm sure there's gold, but we're still waiting on "packaging."

Ryan
07-31-2013, 03:17 PM
for me ghosts are good on their own basis.

here's the only the slip outtake you can get, if you so desire http://www.sendspace.com/file/j4q4j3

I'm on my phone. What is it?

Amaro
07-31-2013, 03:19 PM

Understandable. Me, I want the vinyl track listing on CD, more than anything.

5.1 second priority, outtakes third, on a separate companion entity. Really though, I want all of it.

jmtd
07-31-2013, 03:27 PM
Odd priorities. You can burn the vinyl sequence now: there are some fantastic quality rips of the vinyl.

Amaro
07-31-2013, 03:29 PM
My answer to that would have to be: I don't want a rip. I want a fucking compact disc...

Scarlet Siren
07-31-2013, 03:47 PM
Do I book a flight to Milan in the hope I get a reasonably priced floor ticket between now and then or do wait until I have a ticket? Fuck Viagogo! Robbing bastards!! :mad:

The other option is to simply not go to that show....

Meh.

Frozen Beach
07-31-2013, 03:52 PM
Odd priorities. You can burn the vinyl sequence now: there are some fantastic quality rips of the vinyl.
The vinyl rips available of The Fragile still have pretty terrible clicks and pops that are very distracting. Not even PBTHAL, who is notorious in the vinyl rip community, could get a properly clean rip. I think If the vinyl version wasn't released on cd for the reissue, it'd be nice if Trent at least released a digital version of it on like HDtracks.

thefragile_jake
07-31-2013, 03:57 PM
During the Fuji Rock Festival performance of Copy of A, I thought that was some kind of synth squeal after the first couple lines in the first chorus.

I just now realized it was some fan screaming.

After listening to that bootleg as much as I have now, I'll forever hear that fan's high pitched yelp as music.

screwdriver
07-31-2013, 04:25 PM
Understandable. Me, I want the vinyl track listing on CD, more than anything.

5.1 second priority, outtakes third, on a separate companion entity. Really though, I want all of it.

I think at this point I would just like a nice vinyl with a lot of cool packaging that I can flip through while I listen to the album that catapulted my imagination

butter_hole
07-31-2013, 04:29 PM
I'm on my phone. What is it?
(the ending of*) the original extended version of discipline

jmtd
08-01-2013, 04:18 AM
The vinyl rips available of The Fragile still have pretty terrible clicks and pops that are very distracting. Not even PBTHAL, who is notorious in the vinyl rip community, could get a properly clean rip. I think If the vinyl version wasn't released on cd for the reissue, it'd be nice if Trent at least released a digital version of it on like HDtracks.

I've always listened to someone else's vinyl rip and I've never noticed pops and clicks- if I had I'd have been motivated to rip my own vinyl copy. I'll see if I can dig out who ripped it.

Scarlet Siren
08-01-2013, 04:35 AM
It's bleak and dreary outside. I've got a shit load of work to crack on with.

Today is definitely a good day for playing Ghosts I-IV and drinking copious amounts of tea.

Ryan
08-01-2013, 07:41 AM
(the ending of*) the original extended version of discipline

That's hot.

Santos L Halper
08-01-2013, 08:36 AM
Really random thought but....does anyone think that Trent's signing to Columbia might help get the bluray/dvd of the wave goodbye club shows released sometime in the near future?

ultimatebdp
08-01-2013, 09:20 AM
^^ Doubtful. I would think that the Columbia deal is for HM and things going forward...which means that possibly they could release a Tension dvd in the future!!

Shadaloo
08-01-2013, 09:48 AM
I'm of the mindset that The Fragile's CD tracklist is just fine the way it is; it's a long album already, but I feel the length is just right. I'd be perfectly content with a bonus disc a la TDS's anniversary edition with the vinyl tracks, the Please appendage, the Great Collapse, and, yes, Deep. Wouldn't object to demos either, if they exist. And I'd get a kick if it were called the 'center' disc.

Santos L Halper
08-01-2013, 10:07 AM
^^ Doubtful. I would think that the Columbia deal is for HM and things going forward...which means that possibly they could release a Tension dvd in the future!!

Good point. I'd gladly take an awesome bluray of the upcoming tour!

OSLIN
08-01-2013, 10:25 AM
I'm of the mindset that The Fragile's CD tracklist is just fine the way it is; it's a long album already, but I feel the length is just right. I'd be perfectly content with a bonus disc a la TDS's anniversary edition with the vinyl tracks, the Please appendage, the Great Collapse, and, yes, Deep. Wouldn't object to demos either, if they exist. And I'd get a kick if it were called the 'center' disc.

I might be crucified for this, but I feel with the RIGHT side that he should have added an Appendage/10 mile high sort of mash up song after Please and dropped starfuckers, inc.

tony.parente
08-01-2013, 11:03 AM
And I'd get a kick if it were called the 'center' disc.

Just gave me a shit eating grin.

screwdriver
08-01-2013, 11:04 AM
I might be crucified for this, but I feel with the RIGHT side that he should have added an Appendage/10 mile high sort of mash up song after Please and dropped starfuckers, inc.

say whatever you will about the lyrics, when that recording is played loud, there is very little more ferocious sounding than that chorus. it's really an amazing recording.

OSLIN
08-01-2013, 11:11 AM
say whatever you will about the lyrics, when that recording is played loud, there is very little more ferocious sounding than that chorus. it's really an amazing recording.

I agree, especially live. Just don't know if it fits on the album as a cohesive piece.

screwdriver
08-01-2013, 11:21 AM
I agree, especially live. Just don't know if it fits on the album as a cohesive piece.

live, its just another rock song to me -- it sounds good and fun -- but man, the thickness of those guitars on the recording? the drum breaks in the verses? jesus, its a masterpiece. that's why I think it totally belongs on the album -- sonically, it just kicks ass in all the right ways. the right side totally needs that.

OSLIN
08-01-2013, 12:09 PM
live, its just another rock song to me -- it sounds good and fun -- but man, the thickness of those guitars on the recording? the drum breaks in the verses? jesus, its a masterpiece. that's why I think it totally belongs on the album -- sonically, it just kicks ass in all the right ways. the right side totally needs that.

Agree to disagree. I think tonally it's just more of a stand alone.
To reiterate, love the song, don't like the placement.

Amaro
08-01-2013, 01:14 PM

See, the vinyl track listing, to me, just makes things more right...adds more in the name of flow. I don't really feel like it's a ton longer. Like, let's talk 10 Miles High. I kinda need it there.

Shadaloo
08-01-2013, 02:48 PM
See, the vinyl track listing, to me, just makes things more right...adds more in the name of flow. I don't really feel like it's a ton longer. Like, let's talk 10 Miles High. I kinda need it there.
Yeah, that's the tough call. For me it's also about the lead-in to Please; after lo these many years, I'm so very used to hearing that scattered 'I'm getting closer...all the time' right into the BANG of Please's opening. But every once in awhile I pop 10MH right there too and yeah, the repeated 'Tear it all down' works just as well if not better to lead into the song's theme. If I had to choose just one vinyl piece to add to the CD, that'd be it.

The New Flesh, though...I think Complication works much better moving into 'I'm Looking Forward...' Now, I like TNF just fine, but it's a slow mover, and its place toward the end of the album kinda drags a little, I find. Another consideration is 'I'm Looking Forward...' I quite like the manic tempo of Complication, dying town to the strings, and moving straight into that one. And the tone of 'Looking Forward'...in consideration of the fact that TR wrote it for the grandmother that meant so much to him...I kinda find its placement between the menacing tone of TNF and the chaos of The Big Comedown would leave it in too dark a place, for lack of better phrasing. It's a bleak, beautiful piece that works well to transition from Complication's funky crazy to the murkiness of the last of the album without needing TNF on top of it.

Seriously, one of the things that always grabbed me about TNF was just how goddamn dark and eerie it sounds. First time I heard it I could have sworn it was some sort of TDS B-side. I once envisioned it with all the lyrics removed in favor of 'Just do it. Nobody cares anyway.' and shuddered.

blassster
08-01-2013, 10:56 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281062903069

Hahaha. Shit.

ryanmcfly
08-02-2013, 12:29 AM
What does the band do with their old stage productions? Like the LITS screens and whatnot. I've always been curious of that.

Fred
08-02-2013, 12:42 AM
I imagine they rent that stuff somewhere. Buying everything needed for every tour would be insane.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281062903069

Hahaha. Shit.

This poster gave me cancer. Hey... isn't it the cover for the rare "I Like Dudes" EP?

Amaro
08-02-2013, 07:20 AM
Yeah, that's the tough call. For me it's also about the lead-in to Please; after lo these many years, I'm so very used to hearing that scattered 'I'm getting closer...all the time' right into the BANG of Please's opening. But every once in awhile I pop 10MH right there too and yeah, the repeated 'Tear it all down' works just as well if not better to lead into the song's theme. If I had to choose just one vinyl piece to add to the CD, that'd be it.

The New Flesh, though...I think Complication works much better moving into 'I'm Looking Forward...' Now, I like TNF just fine, but it's a slow mover, and its place toward the end of the album kinda drags a little, I find. Another consideration is 'I'm Looking Forward...' I quite like the manic tempo of Complication, dying town to the strings, and moving straight into that one. And the tone of 'Looking Forward'...in consideration of the fact that TR wrote it for the grandmother that meant so much to him...I kinda find its placement between the menacing tone of TNF and the chaos of The Big Comedown would leave it in too dark a place, for lack of better phrasing. It's a bleak, beautiful piece that works well to transition from Complication's funky crazy to the murkiness of the last of the album without needing TNF on top of it.

Seriously, one of the things that always grabbed me about TNF was just how goddamn dark and eerie it sounds. First time I heard it I could have sworn it was some sort of TDS B-side. I once envisioned it with all the lyrics removed in favor of 'Just do it. Nobody cares anyway.' and shuddered.

Good points... I can understand.

And TNF...as a song in itself, it's like a drug. Dark and eerie, alright, that's for sure.

scorpiusdiamond
08-02-2013, 08:59 AM
Here's that Hand That Feeds cover from the local band that did Head Like A Hole (https://soundcloud.com/pete-scott/exit_international-the-hand)

fortheloveofgod
08-02-2013, 10:07 AM
Punch your balls off!!!! Watching Woodstock '94. 20 years ago! Crazy...

dlb
08-02-2013, 10:57 AM
Whenever I see that NIN2013 logo I'm instantly reminded of that Primal Scream song 2013 which starts to play in my head. Grr, go away!

ManOfAtom
08-02-2013, 11:19 AM
What does the band do with their old stage productions? Like the LITS screens and whatnot. I've always been curious of that.

they will be hired, not bought, so they go back.

Amaro
08-03-2013, 02:31 AM
Album release in the US is a month away from this day. Less than a month away in other countries, and hopefully it leaks later today. Or tomorrow.

Mutilated
08-03-2013, 03:38 AM
For me, Came Back Haunted is already a certified NIN classic. I love it.

Ryan
08-03-2013, 06:49 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/q71/1012111_522694551133581_638589065_n.jpg

littlemonkey613
08-03-2013, 10:17 AM
Dear god I finally got a handle on it. The beginning ambience of Corona Radiata sounds exactly fucking like the Pirates of the Caribbean ride when your still in the coves. You people have no idea how long I've been trying to figure this out.

Indefinite_Cure
08-03-2013, 10:57 AM
You know, it just occured to me that Sunspots would nicely fit the new sound and mood of this tour...plus it was never played live...and I love that song!

dominik
08-03-2013, 11:02 AM
I think all the love in the world would also fit good into the new more electronic-like first few songs of each set

pukkelpop
08-03-2013, 11:14 AM
is there a clip of the intro (with that speech) on youtube?

Warped_Savant
08-03-2013, 12:04 PM
Dear god I finally got a handle on it. The beginning ambience of Corona Radiata sounds exactly fucking like the Pirates of the Caribbean ride when your still in the coves. You people have no idea how long I've been trying to figure this out.
Thank you! Oh sweet baby, Seabus, thank you!!
That is one of those things that would pop into my head every once in awhile and I would never have figured out that was what it was from!

The_Prowler
08-03-2013, 12:54 PM
I rocked so hard at the Black Sabbath concert that I can't move my head today...
When I saw Rob Zombie, I rocked so hard that I actually threw my neck and back out and couldn't move at all when KoRn was onstage and my friends had to help carry me out to the car after the show, and then I still couldn't move for three days after that...

I have a feeling that when I see NIN in October, I might not actually survive. Death by self inflicted neck severing will be worth it to see them again.

Amaro
08-03-2013, 02:49 PM
As of last night, I've been to 30 NIN shows, starting in 2005. I can't open up to just anybody about that fact, so thanks for understanding without needing an explanation, ETSings. /Recovering NIN addict

thefragile_jake
08-03-2013, 04:25 PM
http://31.media.tumblr.com/30c8e89e4e7de003fc95a2c2f0bd9e75/tumblr_mqz4h1EcqL1qmtgupo1_500.jpg

If I ever need a reminder on what a cool Mom I have…here’s this.

She got me this when I was in junior high. She found it at some flea market. To this day, I don’t know what the bigger coolest oddity of having this is…the fact that someone made a Trent Reznor light switch….or the fact my Mom knew exactly what the lead singer of Nine Inch Nails looked like.

Ryan
08-03-2013, 06:13 PM
http://31.media.tumblr.com/30c8e89e4e7de003fc95a2c2f0bd9e75/tumblr_mqz4h1EcqL1qmtgupo1_500.jpg

If I ever need a reminder on what a cool Mom I have…here’s this.

She got me this when I was in junior high. She found it at some flea market. To this day, I don’t know what the bigger coolest oddity of having this is…the fact that someone made a Trent Reznor light switch….or the fact my Mom knew exactly what the lead singer of Nine Inch Nails looked like.

Or the fact that you've turned TR on so many times over the years...

thefragile_jake
08-03-2013, 06:38 PM
lolololol. I almost dropped my laptop laughing at that. :)

dlb
08-04-2013, 08:59 AM
As of last night, I've been to 30 NIN shows, starting in 2005. I can't open up to just anybody about that fact, so thanks for understanding without needing an explanation, ETSings. /Recovering NIN addict

I pretty much hate you for that fact. :D

I've only seen them twice, but here's hoping I can make up to that next year when they hit Europe. I'm planning on seeing them in every city that will be anounced and has a friend of mine living there so I can crash on their couch.

MrSlfDstruct
08-04-2013, 09:47 AM
Just listened to Tetsuo for the first time in awhile. It always makes me feel like I'm listening to a Godzilla movie.

slave2thewage
08-04-2013, 10:11 AM
I hit 19 at the end of this month. NO REGRETS.

icklekitty
08-04-2013, 11:58 AM
I've been to over 30 too. But then I know people who've done like 400 so whatever.

The_Prowler
08-04-2013, 12:53 PM
The October show in DC will be my second NIN show. I tried to go to all the other shows after I saw them in 05, but I either couldn't afford the tickets, couldn't get to the show, or wouldn't even know about the show until it was too late. So when I got my tickets for this show, I damn near pissed myself from over-excitement :D

littlemonkey613
08-04-2013, 04:44 PM
I've been to over 30 too. But then I know people who've done like 400 so whatever.

The higher the number the luckier you are. Outside Lands will be 5 for me and Staples Center will be 6.

scorpiusdiamond
08-04-2013, 05:18 PM
I just found a really stupid way to 'remix' NIN, check out one of the latest live videos and hit "2.0x speed" under the settings cog.
Ha.

Ryan
08-04-2013, 05:23 PM
I love you guys.

Scarlet Siren
08-04-2013, 06:52 PM
I've yet to see NIN (I missed the last two tours to hit the UK due to prior commitments so that sucks!) :( 4 shows coming up this month, whoop! Can't wait for the UK/European dates to be announced, not going miss out on another NIN show ever again as long as I can help it. Hell NO!

NotoriousTIMP
08-04-2013, 08:43 PM
36.5 times here....with a possible 3 more shows to add to the total this go around :)

thatguymark
08-04-2013, 11:33 PM
2 down (1 LITS, 1 NINJA), 2 coming up for me. (And I'm still kicking myself for missing the show in my hometown in 2006.)

thevoid99
08-05-2013, 12:11 AM
I had a ticket for the show in 2000 but couldn't make it because of reasons beyond my control. I tried to go to the 2005 shows but I didn't have the money while an uncle of mine died that fall. I finally went to see them in 2006 and I saw them again in 2008 and 2009. This October will be my fourth NIN show.

Leviathant
08-05-2013, 12:17 AM
Y'all should create a thread where you just link to your nintourhistory.com profile (http://www.nintourhistory.com/profile.php?userid=253).

Shadaloo
08-05-2013, 11:04 AM
The Quake soundtrack: For when you absolutely, positively, definitely, need to listen to every single last NIN composition, no matter how ambient, in anticipation of a new album.

screwdriver
08-05-2013, 11:05 AM
The Quake soundtrack: For when you absolutely, positively, definitely, need to listen to every single last NIN composition, no matter how ambient, in anticipation of a new album.

damn, thanks for the reminder on that. Is it wrong that I prefer that to most of Ghosts?

Shadaloo
08-05-2013, 11:46 AM
Not at all. I find Ghosts a great listen in parts, but whenever I go through the whole thing I tend to zone out from time to time.

hobochic
08-05-2013, 03:40 PM
Wow, just heard the new synth based 1000000 that left its chunky guitars (read chunky balls) somewhere in the rehearsals.

And is Trent wearing Justin Bieber diaper-pants on stage?

elevenism
08-05-2013, 04:52 PM
Got Damnit...my computer crashed for a WEEK. ONE WEEK! and i missed not one but two live streamed nin shows? (after ...what...4 or 5 years of relative inactivity?)
FUCK!
ok i'll stop bitching now.

elevenism
08-05-2013, 04:55 PM

20 years ago? FUCK. i remember getting a TERRIBLE quality tape of that recording from my 9th grade gf's stagehand uncle. I was 14. We're getting OLD!

gorast
08-05-2013, 11:30 PM
http://oneweekoneband.tumblr.com/ is running a series on NIN this week. They tend to get pretty good writers to cover each band/artist, so I think this one'll be a good one for us fanatics.

Wolfkiller
08-06-2013, 12:04 AM
Anyone else happy that NIN related body art is now cheap and easy to do yourself thanks to Hesitation Marks?

butter_hole
08-06-2013, 02:43 AM
just realized the cut-up NIN logo used for yonks as the avatar on youtube and all that:

http://i1.ytimg.com/i/4a5d57ZAWl999-YXw0C1Vg/1.jpg

is very reminiscent of the new cut-up logo

BenAkenobi
08-06-2013, 02:54 AM
judging by shirt displayed in front of store section of nin.com, the cut-up is for "twenty thirteen" rather than a brand-new logo. or at least what i can choose to believe

gorast
08-06-2013, 03:12 AM
The cut-up logo is just like the manipulations of the logo done during the Fragile era, as far as I can tell. It's not a permanent thing.

AlanMorlock
08-06-2013, 09:49 AM
"Copy of A" would fit right in among most of the songs from Gary Numan/Tubeway Army's Replicas.

hobochic
08-06-2013, 12:36 PM
Watching parts of the Lollapalooza show. Crowds these days need to leave their cell phones at home and bring the mosh to the pit back. Energy, people.. ENERGY.

JamesCmuse
08-06-2013, 12:43 PM
Watching parts of the Lollapalooza show. Crowds these days need to leave their cell phones at home and bring the mosh to the pit back. Energy, people.. ENERGY.

Yes!! This needs to happen! It brings me back to when I saw RATM live and I was in an intense mosh pit, and then all of a sudden I hit into this guy who had a camera, and he just turned around and looked at me like he wanted to strangle me. It's horrible to see people not actually having fun and for everyone to be trying to 'capture the moment'.

The moment is much better captured when you don't have to look at it through the tiny monitor on your camera, dude.

Amaro
08-06-2013, 12:56 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/f71a5384de6b4064ee35e0e91b70947b/tumblr_mr1zdveuXK1s726nxo1_1280.jpg

Guy looks 20 years younger here.

ryanmcfly
08-06-2013, 01:51 PM
Yes!! This needs to happen! It brings me back to when I saw RATM live and I was in an intense mosh pit, and then all of a sudden I hit into this guy who had a camera, and he just turned around and looked at me like he wanted to strangle me. It's horrible to see people not actually having fun and for everyone to be trying to 'capture the moment'.

The moment is much better captured when you don't have to look at it through the tiny monitor on your camera, dude.

I hold up my phone and tap the button a few times, and put it up. I do that two or three times a show, and if I don't get a good picture, oh well. Now I at least want one or two good pictures of NIN.

Max Leo
08-06-2013, 02:20 PM
Did you hear that the guys behind Arrow are currently working in a new "The Flash" show?

http://www.slashfilm.com/flash-series-speeding-to-cw-from-arrow-team/

They should hire this guy for the main role (and maybe the soundtrack):

http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww240/ferabad/1d24c579-6df7-4532-80a3-defb27daa14c_zpsed042a54.jpg

Seriously. http://i51.tinypic.com/250pcwg.jpg

OSLIN
08-06-2013, 03:22 PM
Random thought and question. I love everything NIN (including Deep). I didn't really dig the HTDA release, TSN soundtrack was good, TGWTDT was a little bloated, but what if this album sucks?

jessamineny
08-06-2013, 03:25 PM
You'll listen to something else.

dlb
08-06-2013, 03:48 PM
but what if this album sucks?

it won't. it's that easy. ;)

pigpen
08-06-2013, 03:53 PM
Random thought and question. I love everything NIN (including Deep). I didn't really dig the HTDA release, TSN soundtrack was good, TGWTDT was a little bloated, but what if this album sucks?
I was a little skeptical of how this new album is going to shape up, but after hearind Find My Way, which I think will go down as one of my favorite nine inch nails songs ever, my doubts have been relieved. It's going to be a great album, just shut up and wait for it.

Speaking of find my way, i think I'm going to miss the rain noise on the studio version.. :( ADD RAIN, TRENT! ALWAYS ADD RAIN!!!

Leviathant
08-06-2013, 03:54 PM
what if this album sucks?

If you think the album sucks, chances are pretty good you're either going to stop coming here, or you're going to complain about incessantly it in the thread that gets started after the album's been released. That's how these things tend to go.

hobochic
08-06-2013, 05:46 PM
I love how the people that complain about musicians looking "bored" on stage are the same people holding up their cellphones with a blank stare on their face. Man, it's got to be shitty playing for hipsters making art films** during your punk/rock show these days.

**(read: shitty and noisy cell phone clips that no one will ever watch)

OSLIN
08-06-2013, 06:25 PM
If you think the album sucks, chances are pretty good you're either going to stop coming here, or you're going to complain about incessantly it in the thread that gets started after the album's been released. That's how these things tend to go.I love nin. Been a fan since I was 13. I'm over 30 now. It was a hypothetical, I've enjoyed every nin album released but could this be the one that just is meh. Just starting a convo. Hearing the new songs live gives me hope but will the album as a whole have that nin kick. I'm just a pessimist, I think that's part of being a nin fan.

Leviathant
08-06-2013, 06:49 PM
I love nin. Been a fan since I was 13. I'm over 30 now. It was a hypothetical, I've enjoyed every nin album released but could this be the one that just is meh. Just starting a convo. Hearing the new songs live gives me hope but will the album as a whole have that nin kick. I'm just a pessimist, I think that's part of being a nin fan.

Sorry about that, don't get me wrong - I'm not trying to shut you down. It sounds you've been a fan about as long as I have, if not longer. With every album that's come out, part of the fanbase breaks away, and new fans discover the band. This happened most dramatically after the Woodstock 94 performance, where NIN went from playing clubs to playing arenas in a matter of weeks. My favorite NIN album is The Downward Spiral (released when I was 14, discovered when I was 15). The Fragile is very close to being a tie for that position, because I was so involved in watching that get released, and I finally got to see the band live after that. I wasn't as into With Teeth, but still enjoyed it, and I liked Year Zero more than With Teeth, the Slip less than Year Zero.

I bet we can find people who have similar tales for each 'era' - folks who think With Teeth is NIN's best album, or Year Zero is NIN's best album. Definitely people who think The Slip is the best album, and more people have been exposed to Ghosts than realize it (creative commons ftw). And there are people who are die-hard NIN fans who will get up front on the rail for multiple shows across multiple continents who will tell you over and over again how much they hate The Slip, or how Year Zero sucks, or how Broken is kind of lame, but they're still going to the shows, and still huge fans.

I think this new album will have moments that will elicit massively different responses from people. On Twitter, I've seen people whine that "Only blind fans on ETS would like Came Back Haunted" and yet I listen to the Korean Ansan festival bootleg and I'm hearing the crowd singing along to the chorus of that song. I think the track's okay, but I know people absolutely love it.

And the fact that we can all get together and shoot the shit about it is great :)

OSLIN
08-06-2013, 07:09 PM
And the fact that we can all get together and shoot the shit about it is great :)Yeah, since I first heard the beginning of Mr. Self Destruct I've been a massive fan. Listened to the whole album right there and I couldn't believe I had been listening to pop shit my entire adolescence. Now I'm an "adult" and I enjoy many genres. The Fragile is my favorite album. I'm what the Year Zero kids call "an old timer". I enjoy NIN because I've grown up with it and even tho there's a very nin sound to every album, they still individually have a unique sound (I don't know if that makes sense). I've enjoyed every album (The Slip to an extent). I actually feel HM will be better than anything he's done since The Fragile era. I think it will be like Still with electronics and more up beat lyrics, which would be fucking amazing!

icklekitty
08-07-2013, 06:44 AM

All that nonsense is not Nine Inch Nails.

dlb
08-07-2013, 11:16 AM
Got myself a new monitor and there are some broadcasts of NIN ahead. So come on, deliver me all the live streams! :D

rhet
08-07-2013, 11:31 AM
I love how the people that complain about musicians looking "bored" on stage are the same people holding up their cellphones with a blank stare on their face. Man, it's got to be shitty playing for hipsters making art films** during your punk/rock show these days.

**(read: shitty and noisy cell phone clips that no one will ever watch)

i dunno about you but i watched the shit out of the instagram videos that got posted during the South Korea show when I couldn't watch the live feed. While I think it's a bit silly to spend an entire show on your phone/taking pics, everyone likes a memento or something to show friends.

screwdriver
08-07-2013, 12:03 PM
i dunno about you but i watched the shit out of the instagram videos that got posted during the South Korea show when I couldn't watch the live feed. While I think it's a bit silly to spend an entire show on your phone/taking pics, everyone likes a memento or something to show friends.

I don't really mind people taking pictures and stuff -- I do it, and I think everyone is entitled to have a little memento, like you said. But ... when someone is holding up their phone in the middle of the pit, blocking your view, to take some shitty video for an entire song, it just makes me rage out. First off -- someone on a balcony is taking a much better video than you -- and let's be honest, you're way more likely to watch THAT video on youtube anyway, because its better. Second off -- its totally inconsiderate. Third, its a fucking concert, have some goddamn fun rather than have fun watching it later.

#rantover

skullboy0
08-07-2013, 12:29 PM
I don't really mind people taking pictures and stuff -- I do it, and I think everyone is entitled to have a little memento, like you said. But ... when someone is holding up their phone in the middle of the pit, blocking your view, to take some shitty video for an entire song, it just makes me rage out. First off -- someone on a balcony is taking a much better video than you -- and let's be honest, you're way more likely to watch THAT video on youtube anyway, because its better. Second off -- its totally inconsiderate. Third, its a fucking concert, have some goddamn fun rather than have fun watching it later.

#rantover

Yeah, I didn't take many pictures or shoot much video coz I assumed the Lolla streams would be re-upped & they'd be way better than anything I could shoot on my phone. I did shoot the first minute or so of Headache when QOTSA were on, & the sign-language interpreter when NIN was doing Wish, was hoping to learn how to say "fist fuck" in sign language but the light bleed blocked her out when they got to it.

Scarlet Siren
08-07-2013, 02:32 PM
Fucking madness, all of it. That show announcement has got me in to a tailspin!

somewhat_
08-07-2013, 07:06 PM
This isn't really NIN related, but I just have to say I hope Trent never does anything like this. (http://metronews.ca/news/vancouver/757972/lululemon-founder-chip-wilson-hosts-private-red-hot-chili-peppers-concert/) I don't know, call it selling out or what have you, something about it just doesn't sit right with me. Maybe it just seems like the ultimate cash grab. What are your thoughts?

sheepdean
08-07-2013, 07:13 PM
This isn't really NIN related, but I just have to say I hope Trent never does anything like this. (http://metronews.ca/news/vancouver/757972/lululemon-founder-chip-wilson-hosts-private-red-hot-chili-peppers-concert/) I don't know, call it selling out or what have you, something about it just doesn't sit right with me. Maybe it just seems like the ultimate cash grab. What are your thoughts?
I don't see the issue, if that's selling out, then what is writing a song for a film?

butter_hole
08-07-2013, 07:44 PM
Don't get what the big deal is. They get paid for every album sold, song streamed, show performed.. $1,000,000 to fuck around at some party in Vancouver when they were on their way to Alaska anyway? Each band member probably walked away with ~$150,000 each. Who the hell wouldn't agree to do it?

Bands get paid stupid amounts of sums to play one-off festivals, this is pretty much the same to me, except it was a private show..

(even though it really wasn't, a member of this very forum got to go somehow!) (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/1026-Red-Hot-Chili-Peppers?p=107719#post107719)

[Shep]
08-08-2013, 10:43 AM
I want that Hesitation Marks artwork now!
http://31.media.tumblr.com/7e1e788d30e4de81e3a6c6c864177892/tumblr_mr5jxkGbkB1s726nxo1_1280.jpg

Shadaloo
08-08-2013, 10:45 AM
That's very...Reptilian...

Amaro
08-08-2013, 10:47 AM
...or volcanic.

butter_hole
08-09-2013, 03:16 AM
Never occurred to me that because The Frail is just the Fragile's guitar solo played on piano, the Still version of The Fragile has pretty much the entirety of The Frail***** played in the middle of it!

Vertigo
08-09-2013, 04:02 AM
...the Still version of The Fragile has pretty much the entirety of The Fragile played in the middle of it!

Or to be more specific, the entirety of the middle of The Fragile plays during the middle of The Fragile.

I'm sorry, I can't help it.

butter_hole
08-09-2013, 05:05 AM
Oooooopsss

Skeptikk
08-09-2013, 05:12 AM
Not sure if its been posted yet but Josh Eustis is a World of Warcraft player -> http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/turalyon/Giorgio/advanced and his forum history can be found here -> http://us.battle.net/wow/en/search?f=post&a=Giorgio%40Turalyon&sort=time

Yeah its a bit stalkerish but I couldn't help myself but go take a look after one of the WoW Community team members was talking about him on twitter the other day.

jmtd
08-09-2013, 05:34 AM
Poor bastard.

Ash512
08-09-2013, 05:52 AM
Not sure if its been posted yet but Josh Eustis is a World of Warcraft player -> http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/turalyon/Giorgio/advanced and his forum history can be found here -> http://us.battle.net/wow/en/search?f=post&a=Giorgio%40Turalyon&sort=time

Yeah its a bit stalkerish but I couldn't help myself but go take a look after one of the WoW Community team members was talking about him on twitter the other day.

Wow... Going through his posts... What the fuck are they talking about?
Looks like a tightly knit community. Now I know what it must feel like for newbies on ETS. :p

Fred
08-09-2013, 06:13 AM
WE'RE PLAYING LOLLAPALOOZA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT TEH F

Someone please make a GIF of Josh falling over and add this text to it.