PDA

View Full Version : Random NIN Thoughts

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64

butter_hole
08-22-2013, 04:20 PM
What would the Trent of the TDS era think of "Everything"?
"woah where did my neck go"

Ash512
08-22-2013, 05:14 PM
4 years ago tomorrow : bit.ly/3cx0v2 (http://t.co/qq2LtSKMPB)

MrSlfDstruct
08-22-2013, 08:25 PM
I got to wondering today if TR has a stash of songs he's written and recorded just for his kids to listen to. Bed time, car rides, etc. As a fairly new dad myself I know if I had the ability I would.

Or really, any popular/accomplished musician. That would be a cool compilation album to see, various artists providing songs they wrote for their kids when they were little.

eversonpoe
08-22-2013, 08:29 PM
i've made lots of ambient music in the last 12 years with the sole intention of helping people sleep. now that i know people who are having children, i'm probably going to be doing more!

MrSlfDstruct
08-22-2013, 09:52 PM
Watching a video of Somewhat Damaged at Scala. Christ I would love to have been there. Trent rocks the fuck out of that last verse.

Although I could do without the repeated "where the fuck were you"s at the end, as has been the case since . . . forever.

pigpen
08-22-2013, 10:51 PM
in the live version of burn, do they include the clickety clickety noise during the chorus?
I always feel like the live version, after he says "I'm gonna burn this WHOLE. WORLD. DOWWWWWNNN!!!!!!!!!" it kind of falls off..

Khrz
08-23-2013, 12:32 AM
I got to wondering today if TR has a stash of songs he's written and recorded just for his kids to listen to. Bed time, car rides, etc. As a fairly new dad myself I know if I had the ability I would.

Or really, any popular/accomplished musician. That would be a cool compilation album to see, various artists providing songs they wrote for their kids when they were little.

On the iTunes social thingy, you could see that Reznor bought white noise/drone lullabies for his kids.

Furie_Zacharias
08-23-2013, 01:16 AM
*Queue Don LaFontaine voice*

In a world full of ugliness, she matters when everything is meaningless.
We follow our young protagonists, a broken rebel desperately trying to save his new telepathic girlfriend, as they're trying to find a safe haven in modern day society.
Will they be able to keep them on the other side.

*Fade to black*

THE FRAGILE : THE MOVIE

Halo Infinity
08-23-2013, 01:40 AM
I just wanted to get this particular thought out here, and this is probably more of an ETS thought than a NIN thought, but it's still NIN related so I thought I'd say it anyway, even as a sporadic poster that usually lurks or just leaves. I actually have this incessant urge to promote ETS whenever I'm speaking to people IRL that happen to like NIN, especially if that person is a huge NIN fan. I also make sure to mention The NIN Hotline as well, and I was surprised to see that just about all of them haven't heard of, nor have seen either site. (Then again, I only met a few other NIN fans IRL. *That were actual acquaintances and friends.* It wasn't a large number anyway.)

And with that being said, I'm just thankful to see that Hesitation Marks is coming out very early next month on September 3rd, and I'm also glad to see that I'll be able to see NIN for the third time on October 14th at the Barclays Center at NYC. That's definitely one big thing that certainly cheers me up this year. :D

JessicaSarahS
08-23-2013, 02:50 AM
http://i.imgur.com/ve3OlAn.jpg

:D We need a bespectacled emote to match! (Then again, I think I'm the only one on here that uses emotes anymore... :( )

theimage13
08-23-2013, 05:59 AM
I'm 28 :(

As am I. Sadly, Gave Up is hitting pretty hard with me right now.

tiempo
08-23-2013, 08:16 AM
As am I. Sadly, Gave Up is hitting pretty hard with me right now.

I'm getting ready to enter my 40's and can say that your 30's will be great years. Nothing to dread or fear.

Steve to the E
08-23-2013, 08:18 AM
I can only assume "Came Back Haunted" is about the Call of Cthulhu. Just think about it.

theimage13
08-23-2013, 08:40 AM
I'm getting ready to enter my 40's and can say that your 30's will be great years. Nothing to dread or fear.

I'm moving out of state tomorrow to leave a steady, but low paying and unfulfilling shop job, while continuing to work a grueling job on tour where I'm often at odds with superiors who can be extremely condescending, disrespectful, and/or unprofessional - all because I do enjoy the highs that the job offers, and because I've spent too much time trying to get in to just turn around and walk out. It frequently degrades my physical and mental health, and right now I'm packing boxes while both sick and injured in part to the last tour I was on...but again, I can't seem to leave all of it behind.

Smashed up my sanity
Smashed up my integrity
Smashed up what I believed in
Smashed up what's left of me
Smashed up my everything
Smashed up all that was true
Gonna smash myself to pieces
I don't know what else to do

Yeah...that sounds about right. But who knows, maybe something will change in the next couple years and my thirties will indeed

tiempo
08-23-2013, 08:59 AM
^I wish you all the best. In my similar experience with life the last several years, I can tell you that I have had to make the change that I wanted my life to be. Keep following your heart and I am certain it will make your 30's rewarding and enriching.

Mutilated
08-23-2013, 09:17 AM
Ordered the Japan version of Hesitation Marks and sure while I was there, ordered the Japan version of Welcome oblivion too (still first pressing).

niggo
08-23-2013, 09:50 AM
Hey guys, first time poster here!
Mutilated: What's the difference between the Japanese version and others?

Mutilated
08-23-2013, 09:57 AM
Hey guys, first time poster here!
@Mutilated (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=1727) : What's the difference between the Japanese version and others?

With Hesitation Marks, the cover is different and there's an Autolux rmx of Everything. And for Welcome oblivion its really not that different at all, obi strip and insert.... its really for completion sakes!

Scarlet Siren
08-23-2013, 10:46 AM
Never going to get a good spot now. Ugh. It's bad enough I hate festivals but today has been a total piss take.

:(

jessamineny
08-23-2013, 11:12 AM
I've had this on my iPod for years. Does that mean I can be a member of the club, Trent? :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQdju3jxEzo

OSLIN
08-23-2013, 11:22 AM
I've had this on my iPod for years. Does that mean I can be a member of the club, Trent? :P

Yeah, and then beat yourself over the head with it. :)

dlb
08-23-2013, 11:26 AM
I've been spinning NIN hard for the past few days and listening to the streams made me revisit the rest of the catalogue in order not to get too tired of the HM tracks until their official release. And damn!, sweet jesus, that band is good!

Mutilated
08-23-2013, 01:20 PM
This day next week I will be holding Hesitation Marks in my hands. Hard to believe. Its all happening so quick.

MrSlfDstruct
08-23-2013, 04:17 PM
On the iTunes social thingy, you could see that Reznor bought white noise/drone lullabies for his kids.

Oh nice! Is that Ping? I didn't know anybody used that :p

tiempo
08-23-2013, 08:01 PM
I am sure it has been mentioned by someone but any chance of a "Broken" remaster down the road? A remaster from the original tapes and vinyl release one of these days would be amazing. I know there are some legal roadblocks with the label, but maybe Columbia will be smart enough to take on the rights to some of the back catalog from TVT/Interscope, since he housed both HTDA and NIN there. If HM does well financially, Columbia definitely is a sizable enough label to make that sort of investment...

Halo Infinity
08-23-2013, 10:13 PM
There have been many numerous times when listening to Nine Inch Nails is like therapy to me. Such an effect on my solace, while helping me cope with unresolved emotions seems to increase or revive my addiction even when I occasionally get burnt out on listening to Nine Inch Nails far more extensively than usual. It's also one of the biggest reasons why I love Nine Inch Nails so much, and why I continue to keep coming back for more.

Amaro
08-23-2013, 10:22 PM
Someone with all of the files really ought to compile all of the up-to-date Trent-rage moments on stage into one video clip, or at least start working on it since we have a lot of shows ahead of us. And if it's just audio captured--maybe tack all of those at the end with a black screen or something. Caption each and every rage moment with the show date, too.

I was just watching this great recent broadcast from Germany, and into the second verses of CBH he loses it at somebody for a second there. (0:13:49)

http://youtu.be/kuUAe7YmBbI?t=13m49s

(Ouch.)

Shit like that, yeah. Anybody got the resources and time? @RITC and helpers?

Ryan
08-23-2013, 10:28 PM
I was just watching this great recent broadcast from Germany, and into the second verses of CBH he loses it at somebody for a second there. (0:13:49)

Sounds like "fucking whore!"

Amaro
08-23-2013, 10:30 PM
Sounds like "fucking whore!"

lol

I think it's "...fucking cord!"

Ryan
08-23-2013, 10:33 PM
I am sure it has been mentioned by someone but any chance of a "Broken" remaster down the road? A remaster from the original tapes and vinyl release one of these days would be amazing. I know there are some legal roadblocks with the label, but maybe Columbia will be smart enough to take on the rights to some of the back catalog from TVT/Interscope, since he housed both HTDA and NIN there. If HM does well financially, Columbia definitely is a sizable enough label to make that sort of investment...

Trent mentioned back on nin.com ages ago that they were thinking about doing the deluxe treatment like TDS with Broken/Fixed together.

skullboy0
08-23-2013, 11:08 PM
Trent mentioned back on nin.com ages ago that they were thinking about doing the deluxe treatment like TDS with Broken/Fixed together.

I'm sure they'll get right on it as soon as the finish The Fragile Deluxe Edition...;)

r_z
08-24-2013, 06:13 AM
lol

I think it's "...fucking cord!"

This was brought up in the tour fapping thread. Many believe he actually said "What's the fuckin' point?". Also, later on in the show he raged again for a moment during "Only". Probably towards the roadies as he told the audience how great they've (the crowd) been...

Scarlet Siren
08-24-2013, 11:05 AM
16 Ghosts II always makes me want to bust some moves... Seriously love dancing to this one, one of my faves. I might try twerking to this someday in the privacy of my own home...

joplinpicasso
08-24-2013, 11:13 AM
This was brought up in the tour fapping thread. Many believe he actually said "What's the fuckin' point?". Also, later on in the show he raged again for a moment during "Only". Probably towards the roadies as he told the audience how great they've (the crowd) been...
Weird, whoa.

dlb
08-24-2013, 11:53 AM
That Hurricane Festival soundboard recording is batshit insane! Not only does it feature the best motp-scream in recorded NIN history, but Trent really throws his voice out of the window on that one starting with the best rendition of somewhat damaged I've ever heard. Goddamnit, I'm envious as hell for anyone who went to that festival! Killer set list, Trent and Co on absolute fire and a responsive audience.

That makes two great pro-shot performances from Germany. Yay!

captainbeyond
08-24-2013, 06:04 PM
Didn't know where to post this, but I feel like sharing since without NIN, these things wouldn't have happened.

Last night, my side project "M00N" made their second performance this year. The first performance happened before the new NIN tour began. We play heavy psychedelic music (think Pink Floyd meets Flaming Lips meets Sonic Youth/Autolux with a touch of the Melvins) with a screen in front of us with visual projections. I am largely responsible for the entire concept and one of my friends is basically like our Rob Sheridan and he puts together all the visuals via Adobe Premiere. Not only do I play bass, but I also arrange the music and visuals as well as jam out on a microKorg hooked into a DD-3. If I came to a show and witnessed a band do what we do, it would seriously be like a dream come true for me. The best part, I AM IN THAT BAND. LOL.

After listening to the recording of last night's show, I smiled from ear-to-ear while listening to our noise jams and hearing my NIN influence present in the mix. These are things I dreamed about doing when I was a 17 year old kid listening to The Fragile and TDS and Broken all the time. I am re-creating sounds and sonic ideas that have always struck a chord with me. Not only that, but we also have a visual show in the vein of NIN. Keep in mind that we started before the first NIN show this year. Hilariously enough, our first show started off with a blank, white screen in front of us with work lights behind us, projecting our shadows onto the screen until the lights are cut off right before the visuals start to kick in. Sounds somewhat familiar huh?

I know, I'm rambling...but seriously, I still can't wrap my head around the fact that I AM DOING THIS. I can't deny that the influence of Trent Reznor has had upon me plays a huge part in this project. I wish I could thank him and I have a feeling he would smile knowing that level of inspiration he has on someone. I'm sure most of what he gets is people being inspired and worshiping his lyrics, not much on the sonic and musical side.

ericy210
08-24-2013, 07:51 PM
Cool. Got any clips?

kel
08-24-2013, 11:05 PM
i sold my massive nin collection years ago. something i never owned was the 'broken' mini disc. about an hour ago i found it at hastings for $3.

now my nin collection is a bunch of posters, junk, and 'broken' with the mini disc.

yay me.

thefragile_jake
08-24-2013, 11:26 PM
Though apparently Trent and Steve Albini never really saw eye to eye back in the day (http://www.theninhotline.net/archives/articles/manager/display_article.php?id=6141)...

"That was very unpleasant. Probably the whole Pigface sessions weren't like that, but while I was there Steve Albini was just proving how 'alternative' he is. There's a very vulnerable time when you're offering up ideas, and you're around people who are all trying to make something sound better. Then there's one jerk saying, 'That's the worst idea I've ever heard. No, we're not going to try that.' Getting off on the power, getting off on knowing that he was making me feel shitty. Someone who got pushed into too many lockers in high school."

....I would love to hear what the follow up to Hesitation Marks could be like with Albini producing. Not that it would be this sonic vocal attack assault, but I can see Albini pushing Trent into some pretty interesting directions if they worked together nowadays.

gorast
08-24-2013, 11:34 PM
I'm still trying to find that fucking mini-disc for a price that's not disgusting.

Transfixed
08-24-2013, 11:47 PM
This has to be the weirdest, funniest review of their live show I've read. This guy's description of NIN's sound is....
http://www.theguardian.com/music/2013/aug/21/nine-inch-nails-scala-london-review

Maybe you've read it already, I don't know, but it's worth it. :D

Full of gems like: " he comes across like a gym beefcake sent over the edge by steroids." LOLOL

sheepdean
08-24-2013, 11:48 PM
It's a Mini CD, not a minidisc. BIG difference.

gorast
08-25-2013, 12:21 AM
Was on http://whatthefuckshouldilistentonow.com/ for a few minutes just for kicks, and I put in NIN to start off, and the first result?

ETS's very own halo33.

kel
08-25-2013, 12:41 AM
It's a Mini CD, not a minidisc. BIG difference.
whatever. i can only play it on my computer, which is just stupid.

sheepdean
08-25-2013, 12:48 AM
whatever. someone buy it, please. i can only play it on my computer, which is just stupid.
that's odd, mini CDs play fine on my music system. What CD player do you have?

kel
08-25-2013, 12:54 AM
that's odd, mini CDs play fine on my music system. What CD player do you have?
none. i listened to it tonight and had all the warm fuzzies from 20 years ago, but being stuck to my laptop kinda sucked.

Scarlet Siren
08-25-2013, 01:04 AM
Today's show in Reading better be fucking epic.

I'm looking at ALL of you, Reading festival goers. Each and every single one of you. *glares*. Get in to it!

theimage13
08-25-2013, 05:47 AM
Just moved back to my hometown.

Ben Folds Five are on the current "new-ish rotation" list...as are NIN.

I've missed this place.

Kamelion
08-25-2013, 07:48 AM
Planet Rock (UK digital rock station) are taking requests until 5pm gmt. My wife and I are trying to get NIN some airplay. Want to help? Head to their FB page, text them or whatever. Mention that you want to hear NIN and give a cool reason why. We've suggested HTF because NIN never get played and they totally rocked the Scala the other night. Head on over and lend your voices for great NIN justice! https://www.facebook.com/planetrockradio?fref=ts

thefragile_jake
08-25-2013, 10:37 AM
How many people here were on ETS in early 2005....more importantly March 23rd 2005 and Nine Inch Nails first show back in Fresno, California? I can remember that day like it was yesterday.

This was way before YouTube and social media were as hot as they were now....I can remember people coming back from the show on writing on the forum talking about the set list and lack of corn starch and how intense the new songs sounded live. I was only 17 at the time and really had no true way to get there but I really wish I could've gone to those Chicago club shows in 2005.

staleincense
08-25-2013, 10:49 AM
Want to see something absolutely fucking stupid? Well here you go./ (http://www.thepetitionsite.com/604/768/560/nine-inch-nails-please-remove-everything-from-hesitation-marks/)

GavinCollins420
08-25-2013, 10:51 AM
Want to see something absolutely fucking stupid? Well here you go./ (http://www.thepetitionsite.com/604/768/560/nine-inch-nails-please-remove-everything-from-hesitation-marks/)

HAHAHAHAHA. Who are these people?!

rhet
08-25-2013, 11:40 AM
Holy shit this "The First Time with.. Trent Reznor" thing on BBC Radio 6 is awesome. They're playing Everything now (which is really growing on me). If no one records it I may have to figure out how to rip it from the iPlayer cause its a keeper for sure.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/radio/bbc_6music/listenlive for those in the UK

Transfixed
08-25-2013, 12:03 PM

Yeah I got a huge laugh out of that, I posted it to FB so all my friends could get in on the hilarity.

kel
08-25-2013, 01:16 PM
How many people here were on ETS in early 2005....more importantly March 23rd 2005 and Nine Inch Nails first show back in Fresno, California? I can remember that day like it was yesterday.

This was way before YouTube and social media were as hot as they were now....I can remember people coming back from the show on writing on the forum talking about the set list and lack of corn starch and how intense the new songs sounded live. I was only 17 at the time and really had no true way to get there but I really wish I could've gone to those Chicago club shows in 2005.
i remember. i was at the reno show. this place blew up.

captainbeyond
08-25-2013, 02:36 PM
Cool. Got any clips?

That's in the works for next time. As you can imagine, it takes a lot of effort and the focus of 7 people to make this project work. Unfortunately the two guys who weren't on stage didn't happen to do any video this time around. We plan on making a somewhat professionally edited video of the performance. (ex: visuals transition into band performance footage that is transparent, with the visuals in the background and so forth.) After some fine tuning and better synchronization, it will probably be for the best that we waited.

dlb
08-25-2013, 06:55 PM
Haha seeing TR rocking the synths at the beginning of copy of a makes me wish he'd dj at my birthday party. Can't get enough of that shit! :D

chroipahtz
08-25-2013, 07:40 PM
Haha seeing TR rocking the synths at the beginning of copy of a makes me wish he'd dj at my birthday party. Can't get enough of that shit! :D
Ready to party, ready to have fun?

Wrong fucking birthday party.

We're here to remind you that you're one year closer to death.

Let's get this shit over with!

snaapz
08-25-2013, 07:43 PM

You have to be fucking joking me. I don't even know what to say.

chroipahtz
08-25-2013, 07:57 PM
But if he removes everything from Hesitation Marks, then won't it have 0 songs on it?

Oh, wait.

tiempo
08-25-2013, 08:51 PM

I managed to get a ticket to the 2005 club show in Tempe, only to have to move out of state 3 weeks before the show. I later saw the WT tour several months later, but it still pains me to no end that I had to miss that show, in such an intimate venue. No refunds and Will Call only tickets, so I made a NIN donation (no probs there), but was unable to pass the my ticket onto a fellow AZ fan.

joplinpicasso
08-25-2013, 09:00 PM
Thanks, dlb for reminding me how incredibly ...unique.. that performance of MOTP was. Cracking up just thinking about it. Here it is again!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDFCAIfvP-M

Tyson
08-25-2013, 09:21 PM
That's... well, it made me laugh. Not at him, but with him.

gorast
08-25-2013, 09:48 PM
I remember someone posting that a couple months ago, and I cried from laughing.

Transfixed
08-25-2013, 09:49 PM
i remember. i was at the reno show. this place blew up.

Hell yes, I was at the Reno show as well, drove there from Portland just to see that shit. Epic as a mofo.

Transfixed
08-25-2013, 09:51 PM
Thanks, @dlb (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=307) for reminding me how incredibly ...unique.. that performance of MOTP was. Cracking up just thinking about it. Here it is again!

WHAT.THE. ACTUAL. FUCK. IS. THIS.

Tell me this isn't real...

ChasingTheGhost
08-25-2013, 09:53 PM
I can die happy now.

joplinpicasso
08-25-2013, 10:06 PM
I lose it at the Trent sound around 0:06 each time.

Butterscotch
08-25-2013, 10:07 PM
Thanks, @dlb (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=307) for reminding me how incredibly ...unique.. that performance of MOTP was. Cracking up just thinking about it. Here it is again!

I really do love this man.

Ichiro
08-25-2013, 10:28 PM

I have no words for this other than the fact that it that made my day :)

thefragile_jake
08-25-2013, 10:50 PM
I lose it at the Trent sound around 0:06 each time.

Holy crap, it's amazing.

chroipahtz
08-25-2013, 11:31 PM
Holy crap, what's the deal here? Is he like, about to throw up, so he goes backstage to collect himself? Then they just say "fuck it" and cut to the end of the song a minute later? Or is there a cut in the video?

dlb
08-26-2013, 02:32 PM
Only the "all the pigs all lined up" part of MotP was broadcasted back then. The performance is stellar though and especially pigs in particular. The whole show as I had mentioned earlier is beyond words. TR really goes to town with his voice and sounds fucked up as hell, but still really really great and pissed off although he had to admit that he might have been "wrong about Germany" for all those years, since the show was a pretty good one.

Anyway, not listening to the leak I really came to appreciate the zoo station cover NIN did a few years back for that U2 tribute album. It kind of drowned within all the soundtrack news, but I love it. Such a nice and chill track!

dominik
08-26-2013, 02:45 PM
Satellite reminds me of

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CixojF6Hmk

Frozen Beach
08-26-2013, 04:33 PM
I think I would die of shock if Trent Reznor collaborated with David Sylvian.

eversonpoe
08-26-2013, 05:27 PM
I think I would die of shock if Trent Reznor collaborated with David Sylvian.

i've always wondered why that hasn't happened. the russell mills connection, the one-man-band scenario...i feel like a collaboration between the two would be extremely fruitful.

Transfixed
08-26-2013, 05:35 PM
Holy crap, what's the deal here? Is he like, about to throw up, so he goes backstage to collect himself? Then they just say "fuck it" and cut to the end of the song a minute later? Or is there a cut in the video?

There's a cut at :35. It's too damn funny!

howdidislipinto
08-26-2013, 06:36 PM
This probably occurred to someone far before now, but it only just occurred to me (while watching Breaking Bad of all things) that the title The Slip could refer to an addict having a slip and giving in for a moment. I feel like that could fit with some of the themes of the album.

I realize it's silly to be analyzing a 5 year old release on Hesitation Marks day, but I haven't listened to the leak yet, I'M DYING HERE GUYS.

eversonpoe
08-26-2013, 06:43 PM
I haven't listened to the leak yet, I'M DYING HERE GUYS.

ditto.

i've been ODing (no pun intended, honestly) on various halos and soundboard recordings from the current tour leg, trying to stop myself from listening before i have a physical version in my hands.

Santos L Halper
08-26-2013, 06:50 PM
ditto.

i've been ODing (no pun intended, honestly) on various halos and soundboard recordings from the current tour leg, trying to stop myself from listening before i have a physical version in my hands.

What about the preview video of the booklet and such?

howdidislipinto
08-26-2013, 07:20 PM
What about the preview video of the booklet and such?

I watched it on mute. Already heard the three singles (or whatever we're calling them) and I don't want to hear anymore until I've got the full album in my hands (or nin.com account).

eversonpoe
08-26-2013, 08:49 PM
I watched it on mute. Already heard the three singles (or whatever we're calling them) and I don't want to hear anymore until I've got the full album in my hands (or nin.com account).

i watched it with sound and enjoyed it, but i was just listening out of my laptop speakers, so i don't feel like i ruined anything there (especially since it was only 40 seconds)

blassster
08-26-2013, 10:24 PM
Robin has always been my fav NIN live guitarist, super glad he's back, but sometimes I miss Aaron's fire.

Shadaloo
08-26-2013, 11:11 PM
Saxophone is the new tambourine.

hellospaceboy
08-26-2013, 11:29 PM
I basically never listen to the radio, but station surfed in my wife's car just a minute ago, and the shitty corporate rock station was playing Came Back Haunted! This made me very happy, also it made me realize that I never really heard the radio edit before.

Emil Dorbell
08-27-2013, 02:39 AM
This probably occurred to someone far before now, but it only just occurred to me (while watching Breaking Bad of all things) that the title The Slip could refer to an addict having a slip and giving in for a moment. I feel like that could fit with some of the themes of the album.

I realize it's silly to be analyzing a 5 year old release on Hesitation Marks day, but I haven't listened to the leak yet, I'M DYING HERE GUYS.

After reading the latest interviews and articles, coupled with Hesitation Marks and its themes, I suddenly very clearly see how incredibly much of Nine Inch Nails is about addiction.

Ryan
08-27-2013, 05:38 AM
New favorite NIN lyric:

HEY! EVERYTHING IS NOT O-KAY!

virushopper
08-27-2013, 01:31 PM
With the new album coming out I guess the Fragile remaster has been shelved again.

Halo Infinity
08-27-2013, 04:37 PM
I like Everything in a Radiohead's Pop Is Dead and You kind of way. In other words, I love it despite some of the reactions it's gotten, and it sort of makes me think of those kinds of Radiohead songs for some reason along with them sticking out like sore thumbs, which is great because those are also my favorite Radiohead songs. I'm looking forward to seeing Everything live too.

staleincense
08-27-2013, 04:53 PM
...so, I just checked the comments the comments on the NIN facebook post where they linked to the Spin article.....

....why oh why do I do these horrible things to myself?

AlanMorlock
08-27-2013, 05:02 PM
"I know that what we're doing flies in the face of the Kickstarter Amanda-Palmer-Start-a-Revolution thing, which is fine for her, but I'm not super-comfortable with the idea of Ziggy Stardust shaking his cup for scraps. I'm not saying offering things for free or pay-what-you-can is wrong. I'm saying my personal feeling is that my album's not a dime. It's not a buck. I made it as well as I could, and it costs 10 bucks, or go fuck yourself."- Trent Reznor in the recent Spin interview.

I just thought that this was an interesting shift in perspective.

AlanMorlock
08-27-2013, 05:05 PM
I had Hesitation Marks pulled up in Windows Media player and when Black Noise ended program pulled up the next album on the list automatically, it being Pretty Hate Machine. The transition from Black Noise to Head Like Hole flowed surprisingly well.

GavinCollins420
08-27-2013, 07:27 PM
So I've just realised my record player has a port for headphones. Ghosts is the guinea pig. Here goes.

Furie_Zacharias
08-27-2013, 07:30 PM
Black Noise is the new Appendage, and it's fucking amazing!

Microwave Jellyfish
08-27-2013, 07:47 PM
All Time Low's first thirty seconds will show up in movie trailers.

chroipahtz
08-27-2013, 08:25 PM
All Time Low's first thirty seconds will show up in movie trailers.
First time I listened to it I had thoughts of Trent scoring the next Fallout game.

cynicmuse
08-27-2013, 08:31 PM
I kind of want to resurrect the "worst covers of NIN" thread from before the server apocalypse ETS. That Kurt Vile cover of "Down in It" made Maroon 5's cover of Closer look good. At least they weren't phoning it in.

thefragile_jake
08-28-2013, 12:33 AM
I love Kurt Vile and he made "Down In It" into a weird Kurt Vile song, I'd much rather prefer an artist make a cover feel like something within their own material.

captainbeyond
08-28-2013, 12:35 AM
I had Hesitation Marks pulled up in Windows Media player and when Black Noise ended program pulled up the next album on the list automatically, it being Pretty Hate Machine. The transition from Black Noise to Head Like Hole flowed surprisingly well.

Same happened here.

Ryan
08-28-2013, 01:09 AM
Last song (technically) on HM is "While I'm Still Here" and last song on new Gary Numan album is "My Last Day" and they're both about getting older and the prospect of age and dying and not being around.

Trent and Gary are both mentally connected, it's official. And they're now both married and have kids.

Gary's daughters should hook up with Trent's sons when they get older hehe.

wizfan
08-28-2013, 01:39 AM
Tiga had done a pretty fun cover of Down In It.

BRoswell
08-28-2013, 03:27 PM
I miss Trent screaming "God damn it!" in the live climax of Terrible Lie. Haven't heard it on any of the audio from the new tour.

hobochic
08-28-2013, 03:53 PM
Hey, someone into mashing should mix "Help Me I'm In Hell" and "Me, I'm Not" into "Help Me, I'm Not In Hell". Do it. Next big thing I tell ya. I would for you.

Khrz
08-28-2013, 03:57 PM
Hey, someone into mashing should mix "Help Me I'm In Hell" and "Me, I'm Not" into "Help Me, I'm Not In Hell". Do it. Next big thing I tell ya. I would for you.
Damn it, I don't think those two would go along very well but it would be hilarious on a Greatest Hits...

GibbonBlack
08-28-2013, 09:26 PM
Whilst listening to 'Everything' for the first time I kept thinking it was going to have a 'nothing can stop me now' thrown in.

dlb
08-29-2013, 06:16 AM
Toni Halliday has a thank you in the credits for HM. Why TR and her never collaborated on a song is beyond me. Heck, he could have pulled off an early version of HTDA way back in the day. One can dream...

Ryan
08-29-2013, 06:44 AM
I'm fucking addicted to "Satellite".

Halo Infinity
08-29-2013, 07:11 AM
I actually used to think that The Fragile was the first album to cause any divisions and controversies among the fan-base until I read that it's been that way since Broken.

fillow
08-29-2013, 07:57 AM
I'm kinda slightly disappointed that Closer and Only visuals use pretty much the same ideas as LITS versions. Hoping that Tension tour will bring something new.

Batolle
08-29-2013, 09:55 AM
Nice stories about NIN from Amanda Palmer, Dresden Dolls. Nice to read the stage antics again. Old article, but a nice one:

http://www.dresdendolls.com/diary/2005/07/on-nin-and-being-home.html

thatguymark
08-29-2013, 03:17 PM
Might I suggest a pair of Sony MDR7506's?
An audio engineer friend of mine gave them to me and they have ruined all of my other headphones for me.. Compared to these, it
sounded as I had cotton stuffed in my ears. Copy Of A sounds great in these things!

I just ordered these headphones based on this recommendation (and then spent some time digging to find this post and give a proper thank you). They should arrive around the same time as the physical album, so I'm looking forward to REALLY hearing the album. Also, if I'm not mistaken, these are the same phones Trent is wearing in the Still video for SICNH, no?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEW8riKU_tE

niggo
08-29-2013, 03:40 PM
I miss Trent screaming "God damn it!" in the live climax of Terrible Lie. Haven't heard it on any of the audio from the new tour.

Yep, I miss that, too. My favorite live version of Terrible Lie is from BYIT; "God damn it! You fucking promised--"

Scarlet Siren
08-29-2013, 04:30 PM
The guitar riff in Satellite reminds me of something by Michael Jackson... Like, Bad.... Hmmm.

henryeatscereal
08-29-2013, 04:33 PM
The guitar riff in Satellite reminds me of something by Michael Jackson... Like, Bad.... Hmmm.
I agree, both "Capital G" and "Satellite" have a MJ vibe, in my opinion...

pigpen
08-29-2013, 04:52 PM
Also, if I'm not mistaken, these are the same phones Trent is wearing in the Still video for SICNH, no?

You are not mistaken!

When you initially get them, they'll probably seem a little flat sounding, but don't be afraid, they do have a "burn in" stage and also
they're meant to give a more well rounded sound.. You'll love them. They've actually kind of ruined all of my other headphones since
they're so clear, and you can really tell what piles of shit eveything else is.

Halo Infinity
08-30-2013, 02:27 PM
I just know I'd get goose bumps if I were to hear Somewhat Damaged being performed right next to Find My Way. :D

WorzelG
08-30-2013, 02:32 PM
I'm now really intrigued as to what www.Pluggedinonline.com will make of Hesitation Marks (religious online magazine reviewing music for parents)

This is the Downward Spiral review (I always find the Pro-social content = None section funny)
http://www.pluggedin.com/music/albums/2002/nineinchnails-thedownwardspiral.aspx

In The Fragile review they encourage teens to pray for Reznor rather than wallowing in his ear-splitting hopelessness!
http://www.pluggedin.com/music/albums/1999/nineinchnails-thefragile.aspx

Wonder if they will review this one?

chroipahtz
08-30-2013, 02:34 PM
Wonder if they will review this one?
Maybe not. Only old fogies listen to NIN now. They're already damned.

Halo Infinity
08-30-2013, 02:53 PM
Upon listening to All Time Low, it really made my day being able to hear what sounds like a Final Fantasy song, as I've also had some fond memories playing Final Fantasy VI on the Super Nintendo, which makes for another throwback to another great favorite thing of mine in 1994 aside from The Downward Spiral to me. :D

(I've been slowly checking out the songs. I'm still holding off until the actual CD comes out though.)

Volk
08-30-2013, 03:18 PM
It appears Amanda Palmer has some random NIN thoughts:
http://amandapalmer.net/blog/20130830/

Khrz
08-30-2013, 03:25 PM
Two different people a street across from each other ; overhearing figments of a conversation, that one will respond and yell at the building, hoping to be heard.
None of them getting what it's all about.

Or : that's the way I feel when an artist reacts to another artist's quotes in a magazine.

thefragile_jake
08-30-2013, 05:15 PM
http://www.metalsucks.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/The-Many-Faces-of-Trent-Reznor.jpg

Thought this looked pretty cool.

Butterscotch
08-30-2013, 06:01 PM
Trent is sexy.

Scarlet Siren
08-30-2013, 06:07 PM
Thinking of going to Boston, Brooklyn and Newark shows now. Not sure i can hold out for the European tour...

nobies
08-30-2013, 10:21 PM
So.....I met Robin tonight.

:D

exilajei
08-30-2013, 10:33 PM
http://www.metalsucks.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/The-Many-Faces-of-Trent-Reznor.jpg

Thought this looked pretty cool.

The coolest thing is that he ditched that emo cut.

T Rez should keep a beard, looks good. Is that a leather suit? Sorry. Drunk on the internet.

Ryan
08-31-2013, 05:13 AM
I love the ending of Eraser (Reduction) from Uncoiled. Like a variation of Eraser (Polite).

Halo Infinity
08-31-2013, 05:13 PM
The CD and DVD of The Slip remind me of Pokemon for obvious reasons. :p

Ichiro
08-31-2013, 09:38 PM
I can't believe I ever disliked Sanctified. The 2013 live rendition has given me an entirely newfound appreciation for the PHM version, which has become a highlight on the album for me.

Volband
08-31-2013, 10:39 PM
So, I was surfing on wikipedia before going to sleep, and then... http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/5799-the-fragile/

What. The. Fuck.

MrSlfDstruct
08-31-2013, 10:42 PM
So, I was surfing on wikipedia before going to sleep, and then... http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/5799-the-fragile/

What. The. Fuck.

That interview will live forever in infamy.

Halo Infinity
08-31-2013, 11:21 PM
I can't believe I ever disliked Sanctified. The 2013 live rendition has given me an entirely newfound appreciation for the PHM version, which has become a highlight on the album for me.
Oh yes! I'm just glad at the mere thought of him performing more songs from Pretty Hate Machine. :D Next stop, Happiness In Slavery. ;)

-Edit-

Oh dear God. I love Copy of A live!!! (Pardon me, I've really been holding out.) :p

danzo_rezno
09-01-2013, 07:34 AM
I can't stop dancing to Hesitation Marks :/

r_z
09-01-2013, 08:26 AM
wrong thread

thefragile_jake
09-01-2013, 09:08 AM
I offered this question in another thread but what exactly is the status of Trent's record relationship with Columbia Records again? I thought I read him mention that he doesn't "owe" Columbia another album after this or that he can continue to work with them if he feels the partnership makes sense.

If it is a one album scenario, I wonder where that would lead a possible remix record or follow up?

Scarlet Siren
09-01-2013, 09:23 AM
I can't stop dancing to Hesitation Marks :/

Why the face?!? Surely that's a GOOD thing! :D

gorast
09-01-2013, 09:42 AM
I offered this question in another thread but what exactly is the status of Trent's record relationship with Columbia Records again? I thought I read him mention that he doesn't "owe" Columbia another album after this or that he can continue to work with them if he feels the partnership makes sense.

If it is a one album scenario, I wonder where that would lead a possible remix record or follow up?

This is essentially me just guessing, but I'm fairly sure it's a sort of record-by-record deal, where Trent licenses the music directly to Columbia, but retains ownership of the music when the partnership ends. That way, he gains the marketing muscle of Columbia with only a little bit of outside influence in regards to promotional decisions for the album (for example, suggesting what songs should be singles), and then when he leaves the label he can take the music with him and do as he pleases with it.

Shadaloo
09-01-2013, 09:55 AM
Upon listening to All Time Low, it really made my day being able to hear what sounds like a Final Fantasy song, as I've also had some fond memories playing Final Fantasy VI on the Super Nintendo, which makes for another throwback to another great favorite thing of mine in 1994 aside from The Downward Spiral to me. :D

(I've been slowly checking out the songs. I'm still holding off until the actual CD comes out though.)

One of my most vivid memories of falling in love with TDS was late 1995, having it spinning over and over while playing Final Fantasy VI and Chrono Trigger. I too get a big fucking kick out of the FF-style breakdown (wonder if Trent abuses the overpowered magic or sticks to physical attacks).

mostlymad
09-01-2013, 12:33 PM
Came Back Haunted coupled with people discovering I traveled to Lollapalooza for NIN has led to a more-than-ever phenomenon where people must simply tell me they don't get Came Back Haunted which is then followed by telling me the only thing they ever got into or bought or knew was TDS. I seriously would love to start handing out a little card that says "If you missed everything in the last 19 years, I'm not even going to hear your opinion. It seriously means nothing to me. Also, Cash covered Hurt 11 years ago, and honestly, I'm bored with this topic, now." I suppose I should be grateful these people know anything beyond the fuck you like an animal song... If the WEBN Riverfest people throw in new NIN, as they have done pretty regularly, over the years, I bet these two discussions are going to skyrocket.

Halo Infinity
09-01-2013, 01:27 PM
Now H&M is going to remind me of Nine Inch Nails and Hesitation Marks from here on out. (It's easy for me to overlook the ampersand on the actual logo for some reason, especially when looking at it from a distance.) :p

howdidislipinto
09-01-2013, 03:19 PM
Now H&M is going to remind me of Nine Inch Nails and Hesitation Marks from here on out. (It's easy for me to overlook the ampersand on the actual logo for some reason, especially when looking at it from a distance.) :p

The logo kind of looks like it's made out of bloody slashes too. Awkward.

Mr.Benjamin
09-01-2013, 05:05 PM
Has it ever been mentioned that the beat of 'Ghosts 18' is pretty close to 'Now I'm Nothing'?

chemnitz
09-01-2013, 06:35 PM
Just watched the Lollapalooza concert in it's entirety for the first time and watched 1,000,000. Trent did not follow Meathead's rules of PFP and he sounded like an angry teenager who says fuck "just for the fuck of it." I hope he sees his error.

fillow
09-02-2013, 02:51 AM
Remember when people actually posted setlists in tour journal instead on relying on setlist.fm? I miss those times

Winter Is Coming
09-02-2013, 03:47 AM

What. The. Fuck.

After reading that, I started to check out some of that reviewers other reviews. Holy fucking shit. Best unintentional comedy I've read in a long ass time.

Actual quote from his review of Kid A:

“The experience and emotions tied to listening to Kid A are like witnessing the stillborn birth of a child while simultaneously having the opportunity to see her play in the afterlife on Imax.”

until I googled his name and found out that pretty much everyone thinks he's a complete joke, I honestly wasn't sure if his Fragile review was supposed to be comedy or not. Like something from the Onion. Best part is that far as I can tell those were serious reviews and this jag off thinks he's an actual journalist. Unless maybe he was just trolling pitchfork all those years.

Sorry this post barely qualifies as an NIN thought. I'd heard of an infamous bad Fragile review but I really did think that that one must be a parody of it or something. Yikes.

Khrz
09-02-2013, 04:31 AM
Best part is that far as I can tell those were serious reviews and this jag off thinks he's an actual journalist. Unless maybe he was just trolling pitchfork all those years.

I still think he tried to be the Hunter S. Thompson of music. Gonzo Critic to the rescue !

Kamelion
09-02-2013, 09:18 AM
Probably not news to anyone, but it just occurred to me the other day... The time between The Slip and Hesitation Marks is actually shorter than the wait between Downward Spiral and The Fragile by a couple of months. And between Slip and Hesitation, we got a couple of NIN songs, HTDA and two immense soundtracks. I don't recall Trent being quite as prolific between Downward Spiral and Fragile. It actually hardly seems like NIN has been away at all :). Of course, it's not really a fair comparison because Trent is sober now. And, as my wife pointed out the other day while laughing at me, he didn't put us through the emotional horror of a tour called "Wave Goodbye" of all things back before The Fragile, lol :D.

fillow
09-02-2013, 09:45 AM
I don't recall Trent being quite as prolific between Downward Spiral and Fragile.
Except... he was. In between TDS and TF we got massive tour (which was longer than LITS + Wave Goodbye combined), Further Down the Spiral, Antichrist Superstar, Quake soundtrack, The Perfect Drug + Driver Down, Closure and massive amount of remixes (Bowie, 12 Rounds etc)

thefragile_jake
09-02-2013, 09:51 AM
Except... he was. In between TDS and TF we got massive tour (which was longer than LITS + Wave Goodbye combined), Further Down the Spiral, Antichrist Superstar, Quake soundtrack, The Perfect Drug + Driver Down, Closure and massive amount of remixes (Bowie, 12 Rounds etc)

And helped with a little bit of production on this weird gem from Rob Halford...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOEvoRM0gMU

Kamelion
09-02-2013, 10:38 AM
Fair enough - good points. He's a busy man all round. Still doesn't feel like he's been away :)

sheepdean
09-02-2013, 10:54 AM
If you're not calling Hesitation Marks "HM01", you're just not nerdy enough

(obligatory Hula tag)

r_z
09-02-2013, 12:22 PM
He also produced and wrote a song where a DJ called Wink did some noodling.

Shadaloo
09-02-2013, 12:25 PM
Next year will be 20 years since TDS. While of course we have that 10th anniversary digipak and 5.1 Dualdisc from 10 years back, I wonder whether we'll commemorate the 20th with another reissue of sorts. HM is getting an audiophile and vinyl mastering, and Trent did have a WTF reaction to the vinyl put out that he wasn't involved with. Hmmm.....

wizfan
09-02-2013, 12:28 PM
He also produced and wrote a song where a DJ called Wink did some noodling.

That would be Josh Wink's "Black Bomb (Jerry in the Bag)".

eversonpoe
09-02-2013, 12:54 PM
That would be Josh Wink's "Black Bomb (Jerry in the Bag)".

did you miss the whole promethean debacle?

eversonpoe
09-02-2013, 12:54 PM
HM is getting an audiophile vinyl mastering

it's getting an audiophile DIGITAL release.

the vinyl mastering was done specifically for vinyl, but it's a different master than the audiophile-specific, digital-only version.

Shadaloo
09-02-2013, 12:56 PM
...dear fucking lord I should not type without coffee. Ugh. Thank you.

fillow
09-02-2013, 02:51 PM
I don't get it! We now have separate threads for every HM song, all titled not by the song name, all started by different users. Is it the new ARG??

Suggestion: we need HM subforum. Ghosts and The Slip had theirs back in the day.

wizfan
09-02-2013, 03:00 PM
did you miss the whole promethean debacle?

I guess so.

...What's a promethean debacle?

gorast
09-02-2013, 03:12 PM
I guess so.

...What's a promethean debacle?
http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/2123-Nine-Inch-Nails-quot-Everything-quot-sounds-just-like-quot-Black-Bomb-quot-by-Josh-Wink

I'm surprised the topic wasn't locked. We don't need a resurgence of that shit.

MrSlfDstruct
09-02-2013, 03:45 PM
Here's my random thought. HM has a part two, also recorded in secret along with HM. The first track, White Noise, picks up right where Black Noise ends.

At least that would be pretty cool. I could handle another NIN double album any time.

sick among the pure
09-02-2013, 05:58 PM
Does anyone know if we will be able to download both the "normal" digital version and the "audiophile" version if we pre-ordered? I probably don't have a good enough setup for the audiophile version, but would like to listen to both anyway. I mean, I'm sure I can just find it on any number of websites that aren't nin.com, but I'd rather get it from the source.

binaryhermit
09-02-2013, 06:01 PM
Does anyone know if we will be able to download both the "normal" digital version and the "audiophile" version if we pre-ordered?
I believe so.

If you ordered any format of Hesitation Marks from nin.com, you’ll be able to download one or both mastering versions, in whichever formats you prefer (MP3, FLAC, Apple Lossless, and WAV), beginning September 3rd.

sheepdean
09-02-2013, 06:35 PM
Does anyone know if we will be able to download both the "normal" digital version and the "audiophile" version if we pre-ordered? I probably don't have a good enough setup for the audiophile version, but would like to listen to both anyway. I mean, I'm sure I can just find it on any number of websites that aren't nin.com, but I'd rather get it from the source.Why don't you download audiophile and then rip the CD when it comes for normal?

MrSlfDstruct
09-02-2013, 06:39 PM
They've specifically said you can download both if you want to compare.

binaryhermit
09-02-2013, 06:44 PM
Why don't you download audiophile and then rip the CD when it comes for normal?
The "normal" version is available in 24 bit/48 kHz from nin.com, whereas CD is only 16 bit/44.1 kHz.
Or, another way to put it, the nin.com version is technically superior.

ItsJustDave
09-02-2013, 06:45 PM
Does anyone know if we will be able to download both the "normal" digital version and the "audiophile" version if we pre-ordered? I probably don't have a good enough setup for the audiophile version, but would like to listen to both anyway. I mean, I'm sure I can just find it on any number of websites that aren't nin.com, but I'd rather get it from the source.

You will not need a special setup to enjoy the audiophile version. The difference between the 2 versions is that the "normal" version is mastered for the loudness war (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loudness_war) and the audiophile version is mastered for an appropriate level of dynamic range.

binaryhermit
09-02-2013, 06:47 PM
You will not need a special setup to enjoy the audiophile version.
Yeah, that was just bullshit that they said so they could lie and say that the normal version wasn't inferior to the audiophile version.

Halo Infinity
09-02-2013, 08:11 PM
I think one of the things I really loved about hearing NIN live was that NIN is capable of making even some of your least favorite studio tracks become moderate, or even highly favorite live tracks. Behold, the power of NIN live. ;)

And yes, Copy of A kicks so much ass live. I was blown away upon my first listen. I really am also convinced that Hesitation Marks has given me that Pretty Hate Machine and With Teeth vibe I was looking for. It's really quite the hybrid to me. :D

gorast
09-02-2013, 08:21 PM

A few people already answered this, but I just wanted to mention that Modlife never limits your download options. They leave every format in your account basically forever, so you can grab both masters in every format they provide from the download page.

Volk
09-02-2013, 08:41 PM
What ever happened to bands liking to put out DVD-A / SACD versions of their discs. I fucking loved those versions of TDS & WT. I especially liked having the menus when I popped them into my player.

gorast
09-02-2013, 08:46 PM
What ever happened to bands liking to put out DVD-A / SACD versions of their discs. I fucking loved those versions of TDS & WT. I especially liked having the menus when I popped them into my player.

They were gimmicks that didn't catch on and labels immediately lost interest.

Well, I wouldn't really call SACD a gimmick, but DualDiscs definitely were.

MrSlfDstruct
09-02-2013, 08:52 PM

It kind of evolved into Blu-ray audio releases, but there aren't many of those :( I loved the SACD Downward Spiral and With Teeth Dualdisc as well, but now I don't even have anything that plays them. I was really hoping for a BD release of Hesitation Marks.

Volk
09-02-2013, 09:03 PM
It kind of evolved into Blu-ray audio releases, but there aren't many of those :( I loved the SACD Downward Spiral and With Teeth Dualdisc as well, but now I don't even have anything that plays them. I was really hoping for a BD release of Hesitation Marks.
Yeah, I still have a 60 GB PS3 that plays SACDs...and a standalone Blu-Ray player as well for my Ghosts blu-ray. I don't know much about audio engineering, but I am assuming the "audiophile" FLAC versions will be a comparable quality to those other audio formats?

sick among the pure
09-02-2013, 11:30 PM
Why don't you download audiophile and then rip the CD when it comes for normal?

CD drive in my laptop doesn't work. Saving up to get an external (way too expensive to replace something like that in a mac)

danzo_rezno
09-03-2013, 06:03 AM
Why the face?!? Surely that's a GOOD thing! :D

Well... kinda not, I dunno, personally thought the album was gonna be more TDS/TF simply cause of the art,
I'm not complaining or asking for TDS/TF Part 2, I was just mislead by the art work thinking
"Oh yeah, it's gonna be dark and maybe similar to TDS"

Especially when I heard, Copy of A and Eater of Dreams, they built up this awesome album in my head,
but sadly I'm dancing more so than head banging, which is all right being a gay man,
we love boogying, sadly I usually like to leave my dancing for something like Lady Gaga (an example, don't freak)
and my head bashing for NIN, tbh, really not impressed if this is the "direction" Trent's moving NIN to :/

Oh well like I said, I ain't gonna bitch, Love NIN, love Trent, I do like, even love HM, but just not as a NIN record,
either way like I said I can put on TDS/TF any day I want :)

Khrz
09-03-2013, 07:07 AM
but sadly I'm dancing more so than head banging, which is all right being a gay man,
Wat

So that's why me and my buddies only headbutt each other when we love a track... Not gay enough to dance ?

danzo_rezno
09-03-2013, 10:02 AM
Wat

So that's why me and my buddies only headbutt each other when we love a track... Not gay enough to dance ?

I'm hardly suggesting you have to be gay to dance, or gays dance if the like something?
I'm simply saying I would rarely dance to NIN, pretty much never cause it's not a sound or genre I find myself dancing to cause face it,
NIN is not dance, Lady Gaga though would be a typical thing I would dance to, cause it's club/dance orientated,
however, HM would easily fit in a lot of clubs, it's by far there most dancey poppy work I think

Khrz
09-03-2013, 10:26 AM
I'm hardly suggesting you have to be gay to dance, or gays dance if the like something?

I picked up on that, no worries. It's just that I found amusing that your formulation made it sound like "Hey you can dance to it ! Good thing I'm gay, it's my thing. Glad I'm not one of those headbanging straight guys, that would be a bummer !"

ninsp
09-03-2013, 10:30 AM
Man, I'm listening to the audiophile version on my system and I'm hearing a lot I didn't before.

danzo_rezno
09-03-2013, 10:39 AM
I picked up on that, no worries. It's just that I found amusing that your formulation made it sound like "Hey you can dance to it ! Good thing I'm gay, it's my thing. Glad I'm not one of those headbanging straight guys, that would be a bummer !"

Yeah ignore my posts I'm shit at wording my thoughts haha Yeah it did sound like that, haha I head bang and all as well just usually to NIN
and can't to HM (well not can't but ya know, it's poppy)

Like I was saying about the dancey poppy sound and the "direction" NIN is going in (not saying that's what Trent is trying, to break the dance charts lol)
I just usually like my headbanging with my nin, and dancing with, well dance, I mean I like the album and all,
but half of the time I'm listening going, "Trent, really?"

To me it sounds pretty much like nothing they've ever done, even the tone of the album, the way he sings, the lyrics,
like seriously in around the TDS/TF era would you have ever thought you'd hear Trent singing about satellite's in the fucking sky?
Although I am GLUUUED to Satellite :)

AlanMorlock
09-03-2013, 10:59 AM
I find it funny that after all the (slightly ridiculous) criticisms on here that "Find my Way" was musically too similar to "Somewhat Damaged" that NIN played the two songs back to back at the Budweiser concert on Sunday.

Shadaloo
09-03-2013, 11:04 AM
Picked up at my local music megastore today. An old coworker of mine was behind the counter. After catching up, I asked why no HM posters were up; he said they were running really behind schedule for marketing and whatnot. Asked if I could be hooked up; he said come back in 2 weeks' time.

If I can score a bunch, I may do an ETS giveaway to cool people. :)

Frozen Beach
09-03-2013, 01:26 PM
So, when the hell is Trent going to go on tour with his saxophone?

JessicaSarahS
09-03-2013, 01:30 PM
Man, I'm listening to the audiophile version on my system and I'm hearing a lot I didn't before.

Agreed!

Picked up at my local music megastore today. An old coworker of mine was behind the counter. After catching up, I asked why no HM posters were up; he said they were running really behind schedule for marketing and whatnot. Asked if I could be hooked up; he said come back in 2 weeks' time.

If I can score a bunch, I may do an ETS giveaway to cool people. :)

Nice! :)

Kamelion
09-03-2013, 02:05 PM
I wonder if these are the bees from Eraser? They don't look very well. Poor bees. http://instagram.com/p/dyScXjjqvf/

theimage13
09-03-2013, 03:04 PM
I really, really want to listen to the audiophile version of this album.

I've also already bought the album TWICE - the deluxe version from Amazon on the "release" day in June, and in-store today so I could ship it out as part of a surprise package to someone.

Do I really need to buy it a third time?

(author's note: this is in no way a suggestion/beg for a link, so please don't send one. Merely a frustrated hypothetical question to myself that others might be able to relate to.)

accelestar
09-03-2013, 03:23 PM
I was going through the ninofficial youtube account and I found the video for the nin:access iphone app. It was all pretty amusing until Rob Sheridan said "nin.com" as if "nin" was a word. In my brain it has always been "N-I-N" all spelled out. It just sounds wrong to say "nin"

theimage13
09-03-2013, 03:36 PM
I was going through the ninofficial youtube account and I found the video for the nin:access iphone app. It was all pretty amusing until Rob Sheridan said "nin.com" as if "nin" was a word. In my brain it has always been "N-I-N" all spelled out. It just sounds wrong to say "nin"

Really? Saying "n-i-n" in my brain sounds terrible. It's always been "nin" in my head.

dlb
09-03-2013, 03:39 PM
Same here, but I was actually asking myself the same question how you english speaking guys pronounce it the other day. Glad I'm saying it like Rob and what I saw the majority. :P

MrSlfDstruct
09-03-2013, 03:45 PM
Speaking of Access, I'm really hoping to see an update when Tension fires up. I keep it on my phone just in case, even though it doesn't really work anymore.

Halo Infinity
09-03-2013, 04:03 PM
Hesitation Marks. That's almost all I could think about today. :p And well, the first weekend after the release of a NIN album seems to be one of the best weekends EVER. ;)

skullboy0
09-03-2013, 04:17 PM
Really? Saying "n-i-n" in my brain sounds terrible. It's always been "nin" in my head.

When Leviathant was on that podcast a few weeks ago & when the host said "from the N-I-N hotline.com" (or whatever the exact quote was) I wanted to ask people how they pronounce "nin" coz it's always been "nin" in my head, not "n-i-n".

JessicaSarahS
09-03-2013, 04:40 PM

Agreed! Nin for the win!

scorpiusdiamond
09-03-2013, 05:25 PM
If anyone was wondering what is happening with Aaron North right now... (http://www.spin.com/articles/aaron-north-nine-inch-nails-icarus-line)
It's a heartbreaking read, especially for me as I love Aaron's work with NIN and Jubilee to bits. It hurts to read that he'll never make music again and all of the stuff he went through.

Dethbryte
09-03-2013, 07:01 PM
You said heartbreaking, but I didn't expect it to be that damn heartbreaking. Still, it's good to hear he's surviving.

Halo Infinity
09-04-2013, 12:41 AM
I was just thinking about the conversation somebody here had about the 5 year gap between The Slip and Hesitation Marks not feeling as long as the 5 year gap between The Downward Spiral and The Fragile, and I'd really have to agree with that in some way, even though I wasn't a NIN fan during the TDS era. I also liked the overall topic about how your perception of time changes as you get older. It really wasn't as noticeable to me as a child or a teen though.

1994 to 1999 really did feel like an eternity in comparison to 2008 to 2013 for me. And being born in 1985, the 1990s will forever be the slowest and longest decade for me as the first full decade I've ever experienced. Even the 2000s don't feel as far from the 2010s as opposed to how far the 1990s felt from the 2000s. And with such 5 year gaps, and jokes about what soon means to be NIN, it's no wonder why NIN has also made me consider one's perception of time as they age.

It was probably a breeze for Trent, and he probably thought that it would be an eternity for all the kids and teens that were just getting in to NIN. This also helped me further realize that the older people I thought that were always in a hurry, were not in a hurry. They've just been around long enough to see just how fast time can fly. The 2010s have also been the most lightweight decade to me so far. I guess it's only a matter of "time". And yeah, I'm sorry of I'm making anybody out there feel as old as dirt. It was just something that really piqued my attention as almost leave my 20s behind.

And well, at least it had something to do with NIN yet again, while being a random NIN thought.

wizfan
09-04-2013, 02:02 AM
I also felt the 90s dragged compared to the 00s. Probably the faster way of living has contributed to that. However, I wasn't a NIN fan until 2006 and NIN weren't THAT popular in Greece during the '90s, so...

joplinpicasso
09-04-2013, 09:40 AM
We are witnessing and part of the third epoch of Nine Inch Nails history. The first was 1988-2001/2 (arguably). The second was 2005-2009. Now, 2013 commences phase three!

goingincirclez
09-04-2013, 10:40 AM
Something funny I have to share: I was visiting some distant relatives over the holiday weekend, and wore my Hesitation Marks Pre-order-only shirt (the red one with the "new cutoff N logo") while out and about. My aunt, who is one of the sweetest and most intelligent ladies you could ever hope to meet, looked at it for a few moments and finally asked: "So is that for New Jersey? The "J" is kinda stylized but that's all I can think of for those initials..."

Heh heh, that's a pretty good guess, I'll admit. So I explained "No, it's for Nine Inch Nails, they have a new album out." "Oh! I remember, you were all into them when you used to come here when you were younger. That's great they're still around".

Ah, my aunt never fails to make me smile.

Halo Infinity
09-04-2013, 11:22 AM
This is another post related to time and NIN. I also find it interesting as to how some of the Halo numbers coincidentally match the age I am when it came out, or the age I'm turning that year.

Oh, and while I'm aware that Trent likes Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, I wonder what he thought of the cereal. I like to imagine that he sometimes eats Reese's Puffs for breakfast. :p

Amaro
09-04-2013, 11:27 AM
All things considered, the entire With Teeth era was the best one for me, and it may never get quite as exciting as then.

Trent's good mental and physical health, a new album, almost a completely new band (really good sounding), tours galore... I hope there's a 10-year anniversary for the album, with_goodies. Maybe some Bleedthrough shit we have no present clue about.

Watching BYIT right now, Jeordie's stage persona is so subtly entertaining. You have to keep an eye on him. And when he's just standing there owning Eraser, that's called Jeordie Glory.

gorast
09-04-2013, 12:03 PM
I'd buy like ten copies of a With Teeth deluxe edition and do dirty things with all of them.

r_z
09-04-2013, 12:15 PM
Yeah, I hope it'll happen. And I hope he'll put a few unreleased songs from that era on it. I remember some interview shortly after the release of the album, were he said a follow up was almost finished. This was before he started recording YZ most likely...

Dimitri.
09-04-2013, 05:55 PM
This is beyond amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J91IBtGE69I

Amaro
09-04-2013, 09:31 PM
Some really great new official live pics on nin.com right now...

joplinpicasso
09-04-2013, 09:34 PM
They're great photos. Wish there was a hi-res version of that Copy Of A Lip Curl that Trent did in Tokyo...

nemesiswontdie
09-04-2013, 10:23 PM
Speaking of a 10 year anniversary edition of With Teeth.

Next year The Downward Spiral will be 20 years old.

Damn. Even that makes me feel old and I'm only 21.

richardp
09-04-2013, 10:32 PM
It'd be great if the band would perform Closer the way it is on TDS with the whole band performing it via their electronic kits used at the beginning and middle of the shows. Just to see Ilan and Allesandro bangin' around on pads to the tune would be worth the price of admission, alone.

thefragile_jake
09-05-2013, 12:53 AM
Watching BYIT right now, Jeordie's stage persona is so subtly entertaining. You have to keep an eye on him. And when he's just standing there owning Eraser, that's called Jeordie Glory.

I love the random and slightly awkward fist pump/devil horns thing he does when he's doing the "I NEVER WAS A PART OF YOU" line in "Burn".

Shadaloo
09-05-2013, 11:22 AM
I wonder what color my Year Zero CD is now.

Amaro
09-05-2013, 11:23 AM
I wonder what color my Year Zero CD is now.

I threw mine in the river as well.

Shadaloo
09-05-2013, 01:43 PM
Oh, hush. I happen to like that album a great deal. :p

jubilee
09-05-2013, 02:30 PM
I love the random and slightly awkward fist pump/devil horns thing he does when he's doing the "I NEVER WAS A PART OF YOU" line in "Burn".

I love Jeordie White, jesus I would give NEARLY anything to see him and North in the band and to see them play Closer like it is on BYIT.
This has all got me thinking about the best live incarnation of the band. Although when I saw them recently I was utterly blown away by every fucking second of the performance (we even got a Trent fuck-up and playing the wrong song!) I still have a soft spot for Freese, White and North.

Halo Infinity
09-05-2013, 03:42 PM
Ah, such fine memories of playing this game in my early childhood, not realizing that I caught a glimpse of a surname filled with greatness. Looking back now as a NIN fan, Super Mario World immediately reminds me of/makes me think of Nine Inch Nails, Pretty Hate Machine, and Broken. (As I got into the Super Nintendo like around late 1992 to early 1993.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCahD8uXJlc

skullboy0
09-05-2013, 04:14 PM
I love Jeordie White, jesus I would give NEARLY anything to see him and North in the band and to see them play Closer like it is on BYIT.
This has all got me thinking about the best live incarnation of the band. Although when I saw them recently I was utterly blown away by every fucking second of the performance (we even got a Trent fuck-up and playing the wrong song!) I still have a soft spot for Freese, White and North.

I've always thought my "ultimate NIN lineup" would be the BYIT lineup but with Lohner on bass.

The current lineup may be changing that opinion.

OSLIN
09-05-2013, 04:24 PM
Just listened to the album in full (again), is it me or does Black Noise signify the death of Reznor's inner demons?

chroipahtz
09-05-2013, 04:34 PM
Just listened to the album in full (again), is it me or does Black Noise signify the death of Reznor's inner demons?
I interpreted it as the exact opposite. I Would For You is the "low" point of the album, judging by the lyrics and the general rough bass sound -- he speaks as a disembodied presence looking down on himself in disgust (presumably over some overdose or other disgraceful act). In Two is the final climactic battle of Reznor's superego and his id, While I'm Still Here is Reznor's sober, sane side's last hurrah, and eventually it is consumed by his inner demons in Black Noise.

I don't agree with the idea that HM is an "upward spiral." Black Noise is waaaay too ominous and foreboding to signify anything good. It's not even particularly reflective, it's just oppressive and all-encompassing.

OSLIN
09-05-2013, 05:12 PM
I interpreted it as the exact opposite. I Would For You is the "low" point of the album, judging by the lyrics and the general rough bass sound -- he speaks as a disembodied presence looking down on himself in disgust (presumably over some overdose or other disgraceful act). In Two is the final climactic battle of Reznor's superego and his id, While I'm Still Here is Reznor's sober, sane side's last hurrah, and eventually it is consumed by his inner demons in Black Noise.

I don't agree with the idea that HM is an "upward spiral." Black Noise is waaaay too ominous and foreboding to signify anything good. It's not even particularly reflective, it's just oppressive and all-encompassing.

I thought the same thing at first, even though he's living a better sober life there was still that Black Noise lingering and still waiting in the recesses of his mind. Just waiting for him to "Slip". It's just that last listen, the guitars at the very end sounded like wailing to me, like the demon was being exorcised. I don't know, just a theory. Guess we will just have to wait for the next album to see if it's all rainbows and kittens. ;)

chroipahtz
09-05-2013, 06:35 PM
I thought the same thing at first, even though he's living a better sober life there was still that Black Noise lingering and still waiting in the recesses of his mind. Just waiting for him to "Slip". It's just that last listen, the guitars at the very end sounded like wailing to me, like the demon was being exorcised. I don't know, just a theory. Guess we will just have to wait for the next album to see if it's all rainbows and kittens. ;)
I feel like, if that was the case, Black Noise wouldn't be the last song on the album. There would be some kind of reflective song afterwards.

OSLIN
09-05-2013, 06:41 PM
I feel like, if that was the case, Black Noise wouldn't be the last song on the album. There would be some kind of reflective song afterwards.

There is. The eater of dreams. Rinse and repeat.

chroipahtz
09-05-2013, 06:44 PM
There is. The eater of dreams. Rinse and repeat.
http://24.media.tumblr.com/db649f4441940d7fcbbc2bd5d6646bc1/tumblr_mrm815hFfx1qk4464o1_250.gif

Frozen Beach
09-05-2013, 08:07 PM
Whenever I listen to Copy Of A, I have a visual image in my head of Roger Waters slapping Trent on the back of his head to get him to stop singing the repetitive parts AKA making him unstuck from "nervous" tics. Meathead, please make a video incorporating this.

Big Fat Matt
09-05-2013, 10:23 PM
Watching "Murder By Proxy: How America Went Postal," essentially a documentary about spree killings, and 999,999 is playing in the intro. now i wanna hear 1,000,000.

miss k bee
09-06-2013, 12:32 PM
Listening to HM in Sainsbury's and Currys while trying not to break down into a groove and start dancing. I spent less!.

Halo Infinity
09-06-2013, 01:27 PM
I'll be on my way to pick up Hesitation Marks today. And for some reason, Head Like A Hole or Pilgrimage plays in my head whenever I'm out to buy a Nine Inch Nails album. :p

Ichiro
09-06-2013, 07:58 PM
This is probably "random" enough for the thread. I'm reading Titus Andronicus while listening to Hesitation Marks, and at least as far as my inebriated self is concerned, they fit pretty well together.

Halo Infinity
09-06-2013, 08:06 PM
And yes, as expected, Hesitation Marks was definitely worth the 5 year wait. I'll also make sure to buy it as a Christmas presents for fellow acquaintances that I've actually bought the entire NIN discography as Christmas and birthday presents over the years.

Two of them have Pretty Hate Machine up to The Slip, and what better way for one to celebrate the big 30th and for the other to celebrate his 18th? They were more of casual listeners, but I'm glad they ate it up nonetheless, so it at least clicked with them on some level. :D

Oh yes, and note to self: Give them the URLs to ETS and The NIN Hotline on paper this time.

gorast
09-06-2013, 11:02 PM
So here's a story.

There was an auction last week for a Spiral fan package, with the shirt, the buttons, and most importantly, the WT lyrics poster. I had a friend who could help me out in getting it, and he said he could scrape the money together in a day, and I could pay him back by the end of the week. The auction ended the next day, and he said he didn't manage to buy it. Oh well, another copy slips through my fingers, I'll get it some day.

Tonight, I went on Ebay for no real reason, just to dick around, see what they might have in regards to HTDA stuff. Front page had recommendations, one of them was, shockingly, the lyric poster for a ridiculously low price. On impulse, I threw down for it, but couldn't pay for it because of shipping weirdness from the seller. Opened up Skype, messaged the friend to tell him that I'd managed to snag the poster, and what does he say?

"Surprise, I actually did win the bid, I didn't think you'd find another one so quickly."

Mother fuck. Anyone want a WT lyric poster?

(No, I'm returning it to the seller. Straight out of a sitcom, I swear to God.)

Halo Infinity
09-07-2013, 11:21 AM
I've always found this to be inspiring in a way. Sometimes you just need to remember why you do what you do in order to move on and/or just get out of bed in the morning. And like most things, it can definitely be easier said than done, and anything but glamorous, but it's what seems to put things into perspective. I also suppose that his realization of what he said in The Fragile era became much clearer by the time the With Teeth era arrived.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfzPlh-eSwY

thefragile_jake
09-07-2013, 09:25 PM
The Big Come Down is the highlight for me on Beside You In Time.

"GETCHA GETCHA-GETCHA...."

blassster
09-07-2013, 09:39 PM
I forgot that I added Beastie Boys' Intergalactic to the end of my phone's playlist, and Hesitation Marks just finished. It was fucking comical to have the darkening mood of Black Noise unexpectedly lead into the robot's chant of Intergalactic.

Halo Infinity
09-07-2013, 09:51 PM
Find My Way sort of makes me think of Somewhat Damaged in a way. It's like it's about picking up the pieces of where he broke down in Somewhat Damaged, trying to find his way, but having to revisit the same places that got him lost to find it. It's like he's also singing about going 1,000,000 miles away to and for from Hurt to 1,000,000. (And yeah, that's just pure speculation, and perhaps lots of wishful thinking on my part.)

-Edit-

And now I wonder what it would be like for NIN to perform In Two right after Now I'm Nothing. It seems like it would fit just right in.

fillow
09-08-2013, 01:46 AM
"GETCHA GETCHA-GETCHA...."
mmmmm-BAH!

Halo Infinity
09-08-2013, 07:11 PM
I'm very impressed of the odds that Nine Inch Nails has defeated. And while it shouldn't be surprising to see Trent being one of his worst critics, I think it actually shows how humble and dedicated he is to his craft. He really had no idea how well he'd do, and he even thought some of his works were just awful. (Then again, I can see how anything would look awful in a severe state of depression.) But just knowing how he didn't waltz in while expecting to be this big, in this or that way, while achieving it anyway is what I find to be admirable and respectable since he's done it his way from the start.

And when reading some of his earlier interviews, they seem to suggest that he really had no idea how big he was going to get, and how he seemed to not really know what he was doing from time to time. I think I even read him having low points where he thought his own music was awful. (Then again, as I've said, I could see why, especially when he was at the lowest of points.) And like with the video I've posted, he still didn't waltz into things acting as if he was the greatest of the great, while still being awesome.

I've always noticed the opposite with musicians that boast while demanding to be taken seriously. They just seem more likely to crash and burn. I suppose talent and greatness should simply speak for itself. ;)

Oh yes, and on top of that, if seemed like there were several odds that seem to conspire against any chance he had at getting the big break back in 1989-1992. The mere thought of that made me cringe. :eek:

seasonsinthesky
09-08-2013, 07:12 PM
And now I wonder what it would be like for NIN to perform In Two right after Now I'm Nothing. It seems like it would fit just right in.
err, i'm not hearing how that would 'fit right in' — are you still talking about lyrics like the rest of your post? the songs are nearly the same tempo, but they wouldn't segue very well, even if you got rid of the ambient-ish intro of "In Two."

Halo Infinity
09-08-2013, 07:19 PM
I listened to it more and more, and I see what you mean. Pardon me though, as I was just so hopped up on Hesitation Marks at the time while thinking of the words "In Two" being used in Now I'm Nothing. I was also imagining various songs from HM in imagined set-lists too, and that was a bit random in a way. :p

-Edit-

As for the lyrics, sort of, but I didn't think of it all the way through with Now I'm Nothing and In Two.

-Edit-

And another random thought, Ghosts I-IV and The Slip remind me of coffee because of something Trent said about going out for coffee with Ghosts I-IV doing so well, and this (http://www.theninhotline.net/meatpers/html/mp080320.htm). Yeah, talk about random. Oh okay, that's about it for now. I think I ran this post into the ground far enough.

Ichiro
09-09-2013, 12:35 AM
I've listened to HM five times today which is by far the largest number of spins I've given an album in a period of 24 hours. So TR must have done something right.

Shadaloo
09-09-2013, 12:44 AM
Here's a thing that happened.

You know those dead moths that adorn Russel Mills' TDS artwork? Coming home from work the other day, HM in my ears, I saw one of those little critters perched on a wall, and I'm pretty sure it was the same species. Same color at any rate. I stopped and looked just as it took off into the sky, Find My Way playing.

Beautiful, freaky shit.

captainbeyond
09-09-2013, 01:47 AM
err, i'm not hearing how that would 'fit right in' — are you still talking about lyrics like the rest of your post? the songs are nearly the same tempo, but they wouldn't segue very well, even if you got rid of the ambient-ish intro of "In Two."

I thought he meant musically. That slow synth sequence in "Now I'm Nothing" sounds a lot like the same synth tones used in the beginning "In Two."

sick among the pure
09-09-2013, 11:40 AM
Taken from the Everything spoof video thread

TR was skeptical about "Came Back Haunted" as a first single too, he wanted to put a weirder track out.

I wonder what song Trent wanted to put out as the first single. Has he ever been more specific in any interview about this?
More of a thought/let's discuss than legit question, so I figured it would be better suited for random NIN thoughts.

seasonsinthesky
09-09-2013, 11:43 AM
I thought he meant musically. That slow synth sequence in "Now I'm Nothing" sounds a lot like the same synth tones used in the beginning "In Two."

i can sorta hear a similarity, but you'd have to chop out the big guitar-and-drumfest that ends "NIN" to get the transition to happen, and that's pretty much the best part of the track!

Vertigo
09-09-2013, 12:51 PM
[Came Back Haunted not being Trent's choice of lead single]
I wonder what song Trent wanted to put out as the first single. Has he ever been more specific in any interview about this?
More of a thought/let's discuss than legit question, so I figured it would be better suited for random NIN thoughts.

He's said All Time Low is the track he's particularly proud of, so that would be my guess.

sweeterthan
09-09-2013, 01:32 PM
I've listened to HM five times today which is by far the largest number of spins I've given an album in a period of 24 hours. So TR must have done something right.
five times is a lot. i've listened to it every day for the last two weeks but i think max only 3 times in a day. ;)

Halo Infinity
09-09-2013, 07:41 PM
I don't know exactly why I find the way he starts Copy Of A funny, but I do. If Meathead was still doing NIN jokes, I'm sure he would've snapped that moment up ASAP. And oh dear, it's funny hearing what some people from the audience are saying too. I don't mean to use the word funny in a bad way either.

Remember, after all, he survived Slam Bamboo. :p And yes, I love Copy Of A live in a sort of Head Like A Hole, Down In It, and Only kind of way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTXA9E7Ff2k

sick among the pure
09-09-2013, 08:42 PM
That video alone could revive the photoshop thread...

Indefinite_Cure
09-10-2013, 10:39 AM
Arcade Fire collaborating with David Bowie...well I know one guy who must have a fanboy moment right now...

Volband
09-10-2013, 04:44 PM
That video alone could revive the photoshop thread...
Thirty seconds in and I'm crying. *crawls back to the corner to read some meathead archive*

Halo Infinity
09-10-2013, 09:51 PM
It's hard for me to watching this without smiling or laughing. Perhaps somebody could send this to Trent Reznor via Twitter and/or Facebook. This is just as good as the time the Down In It video made it to Hard Copy. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjsS5aytQck

Amaro
09-10-2013, 10:58 PM
I had one of the most crazy-cool realizations in the shower: my first three NIN shows were Illinois>Ohio>Pennsylvania, and my last three (as far as I know) will be in the very same order.

Kicked off with Lollapalooza in July...Clevie coming right up...then University Park, PA.

What!