Page 20 of 48 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN-Spotting 2014

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Apparently it's an unrequited love.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tour poster seen last week whilst in my Taxi on the way to Amsterdam's Schiphol Airport

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Interview in the Scottish Daily Record / Sunday Mail
    http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/enterta...-nails-3494825

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Interview in the Scottish Daily Record / Sunday Mail
    http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/enterta...-nails-3494825
    Two takeaways from that article. 1. Making every sentence a new paragraph is really damn annoying to read. 2. Now I really want to know what his daughter would have been named.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    3. And of course the in-laws were "fine" with the boys' names. They named their kid Mariqueen. :P

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Two takeaways from that article. 1. Making every sentence a new paragraph is really damn annoying to read. 2. Now I really want to know what his daughter would have been named.
    Just for the hell of it I wondered where that gig was he said his security got beaten up by locals and I figured it must have been this show in 1991
    http://www.nintourhistory.com/concert.php?concertid=853
    or this show at Glasgow Barrowlands in 1994
    http://www.nintourhistory.com/concert.php?concertid=236

Another sort of interview in The Independent (although it looks like a bunch of random quotes, you can't really tell what's been asked)
    http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...y-9314092.html

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Man, that was a poorly written article.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    On another site I'm on we're doing a "Six Degrees" game connecting many musicians to one. Has there ever been a thread like that on the old site for Trent?

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    On another site I'm on we're doing a "Six Degrees" game connecting many musicians to one. Has there ever been a thread like that on the old site for Trent?
    I don't think so but if you want to start it please title it "Six Degrees of Reznoration"

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I'm sure most of you guys have seen these pictures, but I hadn't. I thought I'd share it here anyway.

http://toolarchive.tumblr.com/post/8...r-and-tapeworm

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I can't help but think that, despite Trent's insistence that Tapeworm isn't worth releasing, it would still be better than most of what's out there. I've seen those pics a hundred times but I always end up looking at them again and my mind starts racing about what that all sounded like.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    The Facebook groups [NIN] Our [Nothing NIN] and Leaving Hope post quite a few rare photos and videos

Today this video of Trent recording vocals for The Wretched was posted: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10201751442693869
    Has anyone here seen this before?
    Last edited by LOVEANDZOMBIES; 05-04-2014 at 10:03 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LOVEANDZOMBIES View Post
    The Facebook groups [NIN] Our [Nothing NIN] and Leaving Hope post quite a few rare photos and videos

Today this video of Trent recording vocals for The Wretched was posted: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10201751442693869
    As I recall it was posted on NIN.com during the Fragility tour era, just before Things Falling Apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Tortfeazor View Post
    I can't help but think that, despite Trent's insistence that Tapeworm isn't worth releasing, it would still be better than most of what's out there.
    The culmination of the era of non-releases (Tapeworm, 12 Rounds) was With Teeth, a decent-ish album with some tracks that could definitely be called subpar. If TR found those worth releasing, I'll take his word that Tapeworm WASN'T worth releasing.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howdidislipinto View Post
    The culmination of the era of non-releases (Tapeworm, 12 Rounds) was With Teeth, a decent-ish album with some tracks that could definitely be called subpar. If TR found those worth releasing, I'll take his word that Tapeworm WASN'T worth releasing.
    I really doubt any of 12 Rounds' stuff ended up on WT, and that wasn't released for other reasons, not supposed low quality.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

From triple J's website. Live at the Wireless tonight is QOTSA and coming up in the future is NIN (but no date as yet).

I didn't know they were recording the sets on that tour but are rather stoked they have.
    Apologies if this has already been posted.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    I really doubt any of 12 Rounds' stuff ended up on WT, and that wasn't released for other reasons, not supposed low quality.
    Not what I meant. Just that if after all those years of inactivity/non-releases Trent found certain With Teeth tracks worth putting out there, then the quality of Tapeworm must have been dire.

(I like With Teeth! It's still, y'know, the worst NIN album though.)
    Last edited by howdidislipinto; 05-05-2014 at 04:10 PM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    If we're talking about the same man who thought And All That Could Have Been or Non-Entity shouldn't have been on their respective albums and left them on the cutting room floor, I'll take his opinion with a grain of salt.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howdidislipinto View Post
    (I like With Teeth! It's still, y'know, the worst NIN album though.)
    i just listened to it for the first time in a while the other day and, other than THTF and only (i also don't love sunspots, but it's still pretty good), i fucking love that album. it's fun, it's energetic, and it still feels like NIN. i'm of the opinion that year zero is the worst NIN album, but i know i'm definitely in the minority there.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    With_Teeth is worst when it comes to innovation, Year Zero when it comes to songwriting, in my opinion. "Worst" being extremely relative obviously. WT has far better hooks, moods and melodies than YZ, but as a consequence is more generic when it comes to song structures.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Live recording to be played by Triple J, a national radio station here in Oz soon. I'd say it'd be on next weekend probably.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaned View Post
    Live recording to be played by Triple J, a national radio station here in Oz soon. I'd say it'd be on next weekend probably.
    What would the recording be of?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    What would the recording be of?
    Probably one of the Sydney Entertainment Centre gigs. Last night's Live at the Wireless was QOTSA in Sydney.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by New Killer Star View Post
    Probably one of the Sydney Entertainment Centre gigs. Last night's Live at the Wireless was QOTSA in Sydney.
    Is it like the full show in video, or?

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Welp, I guess we can bump the "Does Trent believe on God?" thread.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LOVEANDZOMBIES View Post

I remember that video. I love how evil his eye expression looks at the end at the camera.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I usually lurk, so don't post much, and I don't really know if this is the right thread for this, but I saw this sometime last week on Beats when Trent shared a playlist. Made me laugh.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    According to kerrang, the perfect drug is always great live http://www.kerrang.com/17675/19-nine...mate-playlist/

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    That is uhhh... really weird, considering the boner that they have for T-Rez.