Page 33 of 86 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 83 ... LastLast

Thread: General Police Misconduct aka Murdering Black People

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I honestly cannot believe that people are trying to excuse this bullshit. It is blowing my fucking mind.

When I saw this I was like "Well, here is one that EVERYONE can unite on". Fucking nope. People still try to make every excuse possible.

WELL WHAT IF THE SUN WAS PROPERLY ALIGNED AND ALIENS TOOK OVER HIS BODY AND THEN SOME RAP MUSIC WAS PLAYING IN THE BACK GROUND SO THE COPS THOUGHT THEY HEARD A THREAT

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    I honestly cannot believe that people are trying to excuse this bullshit. It is blowing my fucking mind.

When I saw this I was like "Well, here is one that EVERYONE can unite on". Fucking nope. People still try to make every excuse possible.

WELL WHAT IF THE SUN WAS PROPERLY ALIGNED AND ALIENS TOOK OVER HIS BODY AND THEN SOME RAP MUSIC WAS PLAYING IN THE BACK GROUND SO THE COPS THOUGHT THEY HEARD A THREAT
    Sorry, no matter how you want it to be, it's still innocent until proven guilty to me. It hasn't been proven, in my opinion, beyond a reasonable doubt that the officers did any wrong. Maybe when they find the witness they were looking for, the witness will have something that'll switch my perspective.

But look, beyond our disagreement, nothing changes the fact that this is a terrible incident, and hopefully something good can come from this. There really needs to be a new method of handling children during crimes like these.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    There's a drastic difference between how blacks and whites are treated in these situations and it's undeniable.... Look how the Bundy Ranch stuff went down... Those militia guys were perched up on bridges and shit with guns aimed at f-ing federal agents and they weren't even arrested... Then we have this situation... Or that poor guy that was holding the BB gun in Walmart and was shot dead... White cops fear of black people is a big issue.. Darren Wilson was scared of a man who was already shot, was the same height as him, yet he still described their size difference as Hulk Hogan vs a 5 year old.. Come on..

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_k_f View Post
    There's a drastic difference between how blacks and whites are treated in these situations and it's undeniable.... Look how the Bundy Ranch stuff went down... Those militia guys were perched up on bridges and shit with guns aimed at f-ing federal agents and they weren't even arrested... Then we have this situation... Or that poor guy that was holding the BB gun in Walmart and was shot dead... White cops fear of black people is a big issue.. Darren Wilson was scared of a man who was already shot, was the same height as him, yet he still described their size difference as Hulk Hogan vs a 5 year old.. Come on..
    We aren't allowed to talk about this fact, though. Because poor white people.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Are we all in agreement though at least that the 12 year old kid case doesn't seem racially motivated?

Please stop, you're triggering me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    And racism is over... Right?
    Im half white half black.. Maybe not 50/50.. There's a lot going on in my family tree... Anywho, my grandfather always told me, "as long as you can find someone who remembers segregation, and you can talk to that person racism is not over.. If they're still kicking so are the racists and so are their racist kids they've brainwashed.." Give it a few more generations he told me..
    Last edited by r_k_f; 11-27-2014 at 12:04 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    Are we all in agreement though at least that the 12 year old kid case doesn't seem racially motivated?

I wouldn't bother honestly. The only racially motivated piece of the case of the 12 year old in Cleveland is that if he was white it wouldn't be news.

Sarah K lives in her own little world where she calls Batman instead of the police because can't trust the white cops.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Frozen Beach--Just so I'm understanding correctly, I'm "disgusting" for wishing justice to catch up to a murderer (whose testimony would be laughable if someone wasn't dead) but a dead kid with a toy gun? Well, that's up in the air. Cops couldn't possibly be killers but kids? Totes. By your logic.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Frozen Beach--Just so I'm understanding correctly, I'm "disgusting" for wishing justice to catch up to a murderer (whose testimony would be laughable if someone wasn't dead) but a dead kid with a toy gun? Well, that's up in the air. Cops couldn't possibly be killers but kids? Totes. By your logic.
    I still don't think you understand the definition of murder. A cop killing a violent thug that is trying to kill them is not murder. A cop killing a 12 year old that is attempting to pull a very real looking toy gun on them probably isn't either....but the jury is still out on the second one.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I have a hard time saying this isn't at least slightly racially motivated. I can't imagine someone calling 911 if it was a white kid in the park playing with their BB gun.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    You're acting like I said I'm glad the kid is dead, which I assure you I am not insane enough to actually think. I wish this situation could have been handle differently, but considering the urgency of the matter, it ended in this unfortunate occurrence.

I expressed disgust towards your message because it seemed to me that you implied that you support the murder of Officer Wilson. To me, that is not justice, that is revenge. I personally never wish a person dead, I just wish they didn't do what they originally did.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    What does Satyr not understand about being on Ignore and therefore I'm not reading what he writes?! You quoted me again but there's no audience. There won't be, either.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Nope. I'm acting like what I wrote--you don't seem to think police commit unjustified acts such as murder (in both cases here) but are quick to throw a dead kid under the bus.
    I never once said Wilson should be killed in response.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    My brother and his friends actually got shot at once when they were kids, by a cop, when they were running after each other, shooting at each other with plastic guns in the 'burbs. The cop came to our door asking for my mom, but she was at work. The cop told me he'd shot at them. No shit. I was around 14, my brother was 12. I was, like, what? The cop was all, WELL, THEY SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN RUNNING AROUND SHOOTING AT EACH OTHER WITH PLASTIC GUNS. But, they're kids, playing with toys! These are the fucking suburbs, buddy, where nothing ever fucking happens, ever, in the 70s. That guy drank way too much coffee, he was really lucky he couldn't shoot worth a shit.
    This might be of interest to Sarah K

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    What does Satyr not understand about being on Ignore and therefore I'm not reading what he writes?! You quoted me again but there's no audience. There won't be, either.
    Comedy gold!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    You're acting like I said I'm glad the kid is dead, which I assure you I am not insane enough to actually think. I wish this situation could have been handle differently, but considering the urgency of the matter, it ended in this unfortunate occurrence.

I expressed disgust towards your message because it seemed to me that you implied that you support the murder of Officer Wilson. To me, that is not justice, that is revenge. I personally never wish a person dead, I just wish they didn't do what they originally did.
    The world is filled with mentally diseased people unfortunately. No shortage of people that are willing to kill a doctor because he/she chooses to perform abortions. No shortage of people that are willing to kill a human because they hunt for food. Also no shortage of people willing to advocate for the death of a police officer....because they did their job.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Yep. If there were laws to screen for mental illness before people are allowed to purchase guns, a whole lot of bullshit could be avoided.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Nope. I'm acting like what I wrote--you don't seem to think police commit unjustified acts such as murder (in both cases here) but are quick to throw a dead kid under the bus.
    Actually, that's incorrect because I actually have a family member that was murdered by a cop, which had more evidence than Michael Brown's case that something fishy was going on, but he was not AT ALL indicted. He was my cousin, and we were very close, especially because we had the same birthday, and we celebrated them together many times. I miss him every day.
    http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/okl...er&pid=2414799

And the fact you assume so much just because I don't agree with people on these two cases is ridiculous.

I never once said Wilson should be killed in response.
    You basically implied it your post that it in would be a positive outcome.

I'm gonna give this conversation a break because it's bringing up some bad memories.
    Last edited by Frozen Beach; 11-26-2014 at 11:47 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Yep. If there were laws to screen for mental illness before people are allowed to purchase guns, a whole lot of bullshit could be avoided.
    How much money are you willing to pay for the cost of these screenings? Considering the number of people buying firearms I think about 30% increase in federal income tax would be fair.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I doubt the cops were like "oh a black kid, let's just shoot him".. But it seems on a scale from 0-10, 0 being the cops helping you change your tire and 10 being you dead laying in the street for 4 hours.. Cops seem to start at 5 when the person is black.. And that's being generous.. there's a drastic difference in treatment by police in regards to blacks vs whites in many situations all over this country... And this was probably an instance of that.. Always presume the worst if their skin is of a certain darkness... If there wasn't a racial element we wouldn't get the extremely lopsided crime statistics and we wouldn't get blacks being 21 times more likely to be shot and killed by police than whites.. .. Have you seen the arrests and traffic stop statistics for Fergusson? White people getting caught with contraband 13% more often than blacks in traffic stops, even though they're searched 50% less.. Yet 86% of the stops are blacks and they are twice as likely to be arrested.. How do you explain this if a strong racial undertone is not there?

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Satyr View Post
    How much money are you willing to pay for the cost of these screenings? Considering the number of people buying firearms I think about 30% increase in federal income tax would be fair.
    I don't think placing a monetary value on lives is possible.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I don't think placing a monetary value on lives is possible.
    So you're saying we shouldn't spend any money on saving lives?

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    There shouldn't be a limit on the money we spend to save lives.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Satyr View Post
    30%? I think you might need a screening... Didn't the NASA budget only cost Americans like a a dollar and change a year before it was squashed Lol? Politicians would just need to let the correct agencies do their f-ing jobs.. The agency that carries out background checks has been systematically defunded year after year and then some politicians will point to how slow they are... I wonder why? We don't even have a Surgeon General right now because some politicians find it repulsive that the nominated surgeon general feels guns are a public health concern and recommended crazy stuff like mandatory gun safety training and 48 hour waiting period for ammo sales...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    30%? I think you might need a screening... Didn't the NASA budget only cost Americans like a a dollar and change a year before it was squashed Lol? Politicians would just need to let the correct agencies do their f-ing jobs.. The agency that carries out background checks has been systematically defunded year after year and then some politicians will point to how slow they are... I wonder why? We don't even have a Surgeon General right now because some politicians find it repulsive that the nominated surgeon general feels guns are a public health concern and recommended crazy stuff like mandatory gun safety training and 48 hour waiting period for ammo sales...
    I'm just saying....I think we all need to be paying a lot more in federal income taxes. If a dollar a year can get us to the moon and back.....Imagine what an extra 100 bucks a year can do. We could probably have colonies on a nearby star next year!

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    We could redistribute some of the funds that we use to kill brown people overseas, and not have to pay any additional taxes at all. Lol. But really, being of service to people and saving lives are basically the best possible use of our tax dollars. I can't see anyone complaining about that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    We could redistribute some of the funds that we use to kill brown people overseas, and not have to pay any additional taxes at all. Lol. But really, being of service to people and saving lives are basically the best possible use of our tax dollars. I can't see anyone complaining about that.
    We have people complaining, ranting, rallying about, losing their fucking minds over, Obama trying to cover as many as possible with Healthcare & keeping 5 million immigrants sssshhhhh (they're already here) here. And those seem like very rational ideas to me?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    http://abc7news.com/live/7704/
    I just saw a van try to ram through a fence in an attempt to cross the railroad tracks to escape from police...
    and now someone set a car on fire on the road, near the fence, seemingly trying to "make it explode" to tear the other fence down... This is fucking insane. What the fuck, do people think is a fucking video game?

edit: sorry about the consistent edits in my post, my I'm kind of tired, but can't fall asleep.
    Last edited by Frozen Beach; 11-27-2014 at 01:51 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Sorry... Dollar and change a day...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

This should trigger you.

http://gawker.com/surveillance-video...d-b-1663417341