Page 32 of 86 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 82 ... LastLast

Thread: General Police Misconduct aka Murdering Black People

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    anyone watch Lawrence O'Donnell last night? he pointed out something very interesting. McCullough who ranted about witnesses changing their stories (who knows how true that is) only quoted one witness as credible in his 20 min long speech. One witness who's testimony agreed with Wilsons story. This one witness changed certain aspects of their story from the initial police report to when they testified.. one thing they changed was their distance from the altercation. This person initially said that they were 100 yards away from altercation.. that's quite a distance compared to people who were much much closer. however, in the testimony they changed that distance to 50-75 yards.. they also said that they were on the same side walk as Brown and his friend, meanwhile, we all know they were walking in the middle of the street.. But again, this is the person that the Prosecutor is citing as credible? If I remember correctly, this witness is also the only person to say Brown charged Wilson.. aside from those aspects, the police failed to record this witness's first telling of what they saw, how convenient.. this entire thing just stinks of a coverup. Now Wilson goes off on his honeymoon with the six figures he collected from interviews, whatever he raised in donations... claiming that he wouldn't change a thing if given another chance, he has a clear conscience.. even if in the right, who feels that way after taking a life? this entire thing makes me wanna vomit.
    Last edited by r_k_f; 11-26-2014 at 02:32 PM.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index...er_shot_1.html

HOLY FUCKING SHIT HOLY FUCKING SHIT

The little kid who got killed in Cleveland should fucking outrage EVERY SINGLE PERSON. What in the FUCK?! My heart is POUNDING right now.

Goddamn it.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    But what I noted is the two shots with no bullet coming out. Like, wtf.
    Was this the one where Brown had his hand on the gun? If so, Brown was effectively jamming the gun with his hand in that situation. Wilson said he heard it click each time, but with no bang.

Was the specific type of gun mentioned? That specific situation made me wonder about a few things. Knowing the gun would tell you exactly where it was being held for it to jam, and also it would tell you what would be required of Wilson to attempt additional shots. There are plenty of guns where you would have to recock it if it went click without a bang. Guessing he had some sort of double action hammer fired weapon... like a 1911 or something...

edit: looks to be a Sig P229, 40cal. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SIG_Sauer_P226
    So that would mean that Brown's hand was near the back and partially impeding the hammer. Nowhere else on that gun would impede it from firing. Maybe it would prevent it from chambering the next round (and in that case he WOULD have to manually recock it), but not from firing the current round. It definitely would allow Wilson to just keep pulling the trigger to retry each time without recocking.

Last edited by DigitalChaos; 11-26-2014 at 03:23 PM.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Wilson also mentioned that while Brown was gripping the gun, he felt Brown's hand start to get inside the trigger area while the gun, as if he were attempting to shoot Wilson with his own gun.
    christ

It's also very telling that this was the ONLY time Wilson has ever used his gun. (outside of the range, of course)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Last edited by Frozen Beach; 11-26-2014 at 03:50 PM.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    guh, still pushing the "hands up don't shoot" crap... that's just a bunch of cringe. Way to spend time protesting in a way that detracts from the cause.
    From the trial, it sure seems much more like "you shot my hand?!? LOOK!"

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Has this been posted here yet? Cops in Denver seized a bystander's tablet after he recorded a cop punching an unarmed suspect six times.. When he got the tablet, the video had been deleted by the cops. However, unbeknownst to them, it had already been synced to the cloud.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Where's Tony Stewart when you need him?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    There is a lot to protest even if you don't think Wilson should have been indicted.

This dynamic just happens so often and its ridiculous. Black person is doing something they should have very right to be doing, like walking down the god damn street and walking to a relative's house, (RIP Trayvon Martin), then are harassed for no good reason by someone who usually has racial privilege in relation to them, an "altercation" takes place and an unarmed dead black body is an understandable outcome.

My freshman year in my dorm a policeman came for this white dude who was having some rage fit and when they got there the kid was throwing punches at the cop and trying to wrestle him to the ground. It is just absoluty inconceivable that this altercation would result in the death of this kid. I've seen the same kind of shit happen numerous times at music festivals and stuff. White kids throwing punches and trying to wrestle cops, and everyone knows the cop aint about to be spooked so bad that kid ends up dead. They just don't handle it that way when they know they are unarmed.

The lack of training in general, the lack of training about racial realities, the internalized racism that allows cops to be so much more spooked by black bodies, the fact that you can stalk a teenager walking to relative's house and probably scare the living shit out of him then get in a fight with him and then KILL him without consequence and without any indication of remorse, the fact that police would even feel a need to bother black folk who are just minding their own business and walking down the god damn street, etc. its all just like what the fuck?

Killing black people is not internalized as a last resort by too many individuals with power and it is certainly not internalized that way within the context of the larger culture.

I attended the LA protest yesterday, and many people were carrying signs for gunned down black people whom I had never heard of, and of course the 12 year old boy who was recently killed. It definitely didn't feel like it was only about Mike Brown. And honestly I don't think you have to be a crazy conspiracy theorist not to trust reported evidence, like the autopsy report when shit comes out like "oh we didn't take photos." Black people already have sufficient reason not to trust this system when it comes to their protection and interest and now shit like this comes out? Honestly how are people supposed to just trust the evidence one hundred percent when complete proper protocol in analyzing that evidence didn't even take place? Shit is bananas. So fucking shady.
    Last edited by littlemonkey613; 11-26-2014 at 05:32 PM.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Has this been posted here yet? Cops in Denver seized a bystander's tablet after he recorded a cop punching an unarmed suspect six times.. When he got the tablet, the video had been deleted by the cops. However, unbeknownst to them, it had already been synced to the cloud.
    I just came here to post that!
    Technology wins again! The guy should have just locked the device and told the cops they would need to subpoena the video if they wanted it. They had NO right to touch that device, let alone delete it. I love how the cops are all "uh, camera!" to alert their buddies to chill out a bit.

Also, there are a few apps that many in the "cop watchers" scene use for recording cops that record both locally and stream lower quality streams to a cloud service. http://bambuser.com/ was one of the more popular ones the last time I checked. It's what I have. Various local ACLU organizations have been making city specific ones, but I'm hoping for a world-wide app geared specifically for this kind of thing.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Here is another fun one. Cameras on cops are like fucking sunlight on vampires. This cop keeps begging the guy to talk out of range of the camera after threatening to harass him. It's hilarious.

It's long for continuity purposes, but you can skip the following segments that are just dead space while we wait for the cop to get back from his car:
    2:30-5:00
    6:20-8:00
    10:35-12:30

edit: upon reading the guy's youtube comments, it seems the cop actually wrote him a seatbelt for this incident without giving it to him. Now it is going to court. That cop is a fucking idiot.
    Last edited by DigitalChaos; 11-26-2014 at 06:01 PM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index...er_shot_1.html

HOLY FUCKING SHIT HOLY FUCKING SHIT

The little kid who got killed in Cleveland should fucking outrage EVERY SINGLE PERSON. What in the FUCK?! My heart is POUNDING right now.

Goddamn it.
    What the fuck?!

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    There's no way that's not murder. Surely this officer will face charges, right?

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    There's no way that's not murder. Surely this officer will face charges, right?
    I don't think you know what the word murder means.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    What the fuck?!
    Didn't you see that he was walking right where the police car was going to stop? He stood in the way of the police car! Also: he was sitting at the white people bench; he was walking on the white people's lawn and he threw a snowball on the white people's sidewalk. THERE COULD HAVE BEEN A BOMB IN THAT SNOWBALL! Not to mention that he was a demon looking thug.

The police was totally justify to shoot him while jumping out of the car. TOTALLY!

/sarcasm.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Have we learned nothing? The cop will walk. The blue wall is nearly impenetrable.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    With a very clear video of the incident, I would be surprised if that is the case this time.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I'd like to believe that's true but he had "a gun that looked real." These cops led with that story. They didn't change it up over the course of 100 days.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    I'd like to believe that's true but he had "a gun that looked real." These cops led with that story. They didn't change it up over the course of 100 days.
    Considering that the gun looked like this and how the kid was pointing it, I'm not surprised this ended in his death. I think the person at fault is the one who gave him the airsoft gun with the orange safety tip removed. Hell, how the hell do these things NOT have an age requirement? I was never allowed to have anything look this realistic as a kid.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    They rolled up and blasted him. No communication with him AT ALL.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    ^ WTF? First of all Ohio is an open carry state. Second of all the caller informed the police it probably was a fake gun and it was probably a child holding it. They did not take the time to assess anything. They didn't give a shit. The person at fault is the fucking idiot who fucking killed him. He was a CHILD. Idiot who shot and the idiots who didn't inform him of the caller information.
    Last edited by littlemonkey613; 11-26-2014 at 10:07 PM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Who here didn't do stupid shit as a kid? Certainly nothing worth losing your life over.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    We don't really have a clear indication at that they didn't try any sort of communication before the kid was shot. There is no audio on the video.

Quote Originally Posted by littlemonkey613 View Post
    Second of all the caller informed the police it probably was a fake gun and it was probably a child holding it. They did not take the time to assess anything. They didn't give a shit. The person at fault is the fucking idiot who fucking killed him. He was a CHILD..
    I think it's pretty obvious that if there's a chance that the weapon COULD be real, it should be treated as though it IS a real weapon. If say this kid did actually have a gun, taking this situation lightly probably would have ended up with more than a dead kid.

He was a CHILD.
    You do realize children are capable of killing people, right?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Edit: nvm
    10 characters
    Last edited by littlemonkey613; 11-26-2014 at 10:19 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    We don't really have a clear indication that they didn't try any sort of communication before the kid was shot. There is no audio on the video.

Second of all the caller informed the police it probably was a fake gun and it was probably a child holding it. They did not take the time to assess anything. They didn't give a shit. The person at fault is the fucking idiot who fucking killed him. He was a CHILD..
    I think it's pretty obvious that if there's a chance that the weapon COULD be real, it should be treated as though it IS a real weapon. If say this kid did actually have a gun, taking this situation lightly probably would have ended up with more than a dead kid.

He was a CHILD.
    You do realize children are capable of killing people, right?

Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    Who here didn't do stupid shit as a kid? Certainly nothing worth losing your life over.
    Waving and pointing something that looks like a fucking real gun is WAY beyond stupid shit you do as a child. This is the type of shit parent's should tell there kids not to do.
    Last edited by Frozen Beach; 11-26-2014 at 10:15 PM.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    We do have a clear picture of what happened. Cops roll up. Kid is dead two seconds later.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post

Seriously though? Someone calls and says its probably fake and it looks like a child and you actually think an appropriate response is to gun this person down? Not immediately gunning someone down does not equate to taking something lightly. Recent mass shooters were somehow taken into custody still alive. Wtf is this?

If the caller can asses the situation and make the distinction shouldn't trained members of the police force? This situation is crazy to me.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    We do have a clear picture of what happened. Cops roll up. Kid is dead two seconds later.
    The video does not have audio. That is a major flaw because we do not know if the cops, while pulling up, told the suspect to get on the ground or drop the gun on the intercom that they usually have.

Seriously though? Someone calls and says its probably fake and it looks like a child and you actually think an appropriate response is to gun this person down?
    A kid with a gun is still a person with a gun. In fact, I'd argue it's more dangerous because children are unpredictable. And as for the caller, he said probably. That still alludes to the possibility that it is real? And considering all the kids we have nowadays shooting up schools, I'm not surprised the officers took this seriously.

Not immediately gunning someone down does not equate to taking something lightly. Recent mass shooters were somehow taken into custody still alive. Wtf is this?
    Because usually they willingly give up, sometimes prior to police even arriving.

If the caller can asses the situation and make the distinction shouldn't trained members of the police force? This situation is crazy to me.
    The caller didn't make a clear distinction. He said probably because, let's face it, he probably didn't want to believe it was even possible a kid had his hands on a real gun. Who'd honestly want to be believe that.

and for the record, I'm not happy that this kid died. And I don't even think it's necessarily his fault. I just think there's some responsibility at play that people are ignoring. I want to know who the hell thought it was a good idea to give this kid a gun that looked real.
    Last edited by Frozen Beach; 11-26-2014 at 10:35 PM.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    How in the absolute fuck could that matter? Did you see how fast they raced up to him? Lets pretend that the cops were "yelling at him(jesus fucking christ), he still had ZERO opportunity to react.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    How in the absolute fuck could that matter? Did you see how fast they raced up to him? Lets pretend that the cops were "yelling at him(jesus fucking christ), he still had ZERO opportunity to react.
    You're the one who brought up that they didn't try to communicate with him. I brought that up because we have no clue if they tried to contact him and tell him to get on the ground through the bullhorn. For all we know, they rolled up on him after he ignored them.