Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: "Find My Way" debuts on Zane Lowe (8.22.2013)

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I contemplated not listening to this one and waiting... But considering I've already heard it live a million times, it was justifyable.
    Immediately put the live version on right after...

The studio one is definatly the better of the two, which is funny as I feel the opposite towards Copy Of A, live is better.

This song is definatly growing on me. Absolutly HATED it when I first heard it live at Lollapalooza. Thought it was the most boring thing in the world, but after multiple listened over the last month, it always gets better.

I read an interview where he said during the recording of the album it almost felt like these were demo versions of an unfinished product because they were so damn minimal, so they er-recorded everything with actual instruments instead only to scrap it all and say "yeah, the direction we originally took was right" I can definatly see what he means by this comment. This and Copy Of A almost seem like they sould belong on a "demos and remixes" CD. The vocals in particular seem quite weak, very echoy, like they aren't mixed properly...

Maybe it will be different on the CD.But the vocals seem very faint in this and Copy of A.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow. The live versions I've heard so far really do not do his song justice. I want to do nasty things to this track. So lush, and that's just from a radio rip. This is one I'll really look forward to hearing when I give the new album the whole "dark room/headphone" treatment. Haven't been this jazzed up about a new release in years, and every new track makes me all the more excited. Damn this song is the sexy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Did anyone notice the inclusion of the opening noise/drone from the track The Downward Spiral? It's in there. Great track.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    ^^ Nope...gotta listen for that next time!

What a beautiful song. It's so heartfelt...a complete reversal of the desolation and hopelessness expressed on The Downward Spiral. This truly is from the other side of that, and it's amazing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just posted something to that effect in the HS thread. I'm beginning to wonder if this album was recorded using the TDS sound library. A lot of it does sound eerily familiar.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anguilla View Post
    Dead on. Something from ULTRA...
    Holding off from listening to this as I know it's gonna be awesome (love the live version, in particular the background vocals) but will wait for the grand unveiling on 2/9....in the meantime, have downloaded Ultra and will be listening to that on the way to work today - Home sounds terrific though. How have I never heard this album before....?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Man, that bridge/outro is full of awesome!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Hey could someone please pm me a link? Dying to hear it, thanks in advance!

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    in the meantime, have downloaded Ultra and will be listening to that on the way to work today - Home sounds terrific though. How have I never heard this album before....?!
    The question I would ask is have you heard the better Depeche Mode albums? Have you listened to Violator or Music for the Masses?

I don't mean to be antagonistic in any way, but if this is the first time you've been exposed to depeche mode, listen to Violator.

Quote Originally Posted by Repeater View Post
    well, if you're in the US it's on youtube
    Last edited by Jinsai; 08-23-2013 at 02:12 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    well, if you're in the US it's on youtube
    I know! Thing is I can't get to youtube at work. Also yeah, I'm not in the US (but I'm sure it plays everywhere though).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This track might be my favorite form HM so far...I am really deep into this track.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I wasn't expecting this track to be this good. I love all the little sound effects that you couldn't really make out before. For all the talk about HM being minimal there's sure a lot of meat to some of these tracks.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HurtinMinorKey View Post
    Thanks for ruining the end of the song for your fucking promotion of FALLOUT BOY, you fucking moron.

Someone explain to me why we went through the trouble of bailing England out of two big ones last century?

Well done dumbass, Zane is from down-under, not the UK. Pretty obvious if you listen to his accent. Except if you're a pigheaded yank.
    Last edited by laz001; 08-23-2013 at 05:55 AM. Reason: So I don't get Grammar-Nazi'd

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Repeater View Post
    Try Page 5

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

"Find My Way" debuts on Zane Lowe (8.22.2013)

I think this may be my favourite of the tracks heard so far, interesting since I generally don't gravitate towards the 'quiet' songs.

Beautiful, haunting and warm and comforting at the same time. This resonated with me, it stirred all kind of emotions and memories - something that didn't happen with the live version (which was actually one of my favourite parts of the show).

Just stunning.

Can anyone imagine this being used in a movie?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Just one more thing, I thought it was common for radio presenters to talk over the intro/outro of songs, why are someone you acting like this is the worst thing ever? Or have forgotten radio works...or perhaps never listened to the radio in your life?

Odd...

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by InvitingmeAway View Post
    This track might be my favorite form HM so far...I am really deep into this track.
    Me too. Balls deep.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Siren View Post
    Just one more thing, I thought it was common for radio presenters to talk over the intro/outro of songs, why are someone you acting like this is the worst thing ever? Or have forgotten radio works...or perhaps never listened to the radio in your life?

Odd...
    Zane lowe makes anything that happens roughly a million times more annoying

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Originally Posted by imail724
    I love these and they're pretty affordable http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-...nheiser+hd+429

Can't ever go wrong with Sennheiser. Ever.
    Ditto on the Sennheisers. I prefer 'em over Bose.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Try Page 5
    Feel like a complete idiot for missing that, sorry for cluttering the boards.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Zane lowe makes anything that happens roughly a million times more annoying
    Fair enough.

I saw him in London yesterday... He looks annoying in real life as he sounds

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by laz001 View Post
    Well done dumbass, Zane is from down-under, not the UK. Pretty obvious if you listen to his accent. Except if your a pigheaded yank.
    Oh god, I was scared there for a second that we released this guy into the wild but its all on you NEW ZEALAND!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    The question I would ask is have you heard the better Depeche Mode albums? Have you listened to Violator or Music for the Masses?

I don't mean to be antagonistic in any way, but if this is the first time you've been exposed to depeche mode, listen to Violator.
    Violator i've heard a few times. but only causally in a 'it's one of 1500 songs on my mp3 player' kind of way, so haven't really absorbed it. Really do need to sit down and give it a proper listen! Obviously I know the singles from it though. I was in at the beginning with them, but quickly tired of them as I discovered heavier stuff. Tastes are mellowing though again as I get older!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Don't know if anyone's mentioned this already, but something about this song screams Bat for Lashes, especially her most recent album "The Haunted Man." I think it's the combo of drum-machines, ambient distant droning, and quiet piano. Really, it's more likely she was influenced by NIN, but the parallel is definitely there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    Violator i've heard a few times. but only causally in a 'it's one of 1500 songs on my mp3 player' kind of way, so haven't really absorbed it. Really do need to sit down and give it a proper listen! Obviously I know the singles from it though. I was in at the beginning with them, but quickly tired of them as I discovered heavier stuff. Tastes are mellowing though again as I get older!
    If you like Ultra, give Playing the Angel a listen.

Hell, I'd suggest giving everything after and including Music for the Masses a listen. Some of it is kind of hit or miss, but that's when they started coming into their own. Like NIN, each of their albums is a bit different.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Anyone else getting The Great Collapse vibe from this tune?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, this a great track. Love the subtle noise that lingers throughout the entire song. So excited for the album!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Does anyone know what he says at about 2:45? To me it sounds like "Please, I never meant to ____ " ??

Lord my path has gone astray
    I'm just trying to find my way
    Wandered here from far away

You were never meant to see
    All those things inside of me
    Now that you have gone away

Oh

I have made a great mistake
    I pray the lord my soul to take
    Ghosts of who I used to be
    I can feel them come for me
    Looks as though they're here to stay

Oh

[???]

I have been to every place
    I have been to everywhere
    Oh dear lord, hear my prayer

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    If you're going to sell a record, promote it in a way that's going to make people still want to buy it.
    As if this will make any difference. By the time people can actually buy it, there will be complete un-dokneyified versions available free to download. In other words, people who wanted to avoid paying for it now, will still avoid paying for it when the songs are out officially.

Another textbook example of marketing "genius".

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Does he say "Lord my path has gone astray" in the first verse?