Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: "Find My Way" debuts on Zane Lowe (8.22.2013)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Need to refrain from listening to this one....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The song sounds great! I hope the album leaks tonight. I really need to get a good pair of headphones. I know its been discussed before, but what are the best reasonably priced ones (around $100) that I could get?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The big surprise here is that's not just Zane's banter, that is actually on the track! ;-)
    (j/k other than it being his style in general, he's just watermarking the track, since it is his exclusive)

As for the song itself:

1. I think it's just lovely
    2. So glad to hear that my favorite parts of the live renditions are intact and actually enhanced in this studio version (+MMR!)
    3. I was totally right that he's saying "oh dear lord, hear my prayer" - and even though I was expecting this, I was surprised with how clearly it is stated here (as opposed to how it was buried/whispered in the live versions)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by all3n_y View Post
    The song sounds great! I hope the album leaks tonight. I really need to get a good pair of headphones. I know its been discussed before, but what are the best reasonably priced ones (around $100) that I could get?
    I have a pair of Bose that were $110 I think. They sound great

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HD280+Pr...0Pro&cp=1&lp=1

Best sub-$100 option.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomp252 View Post
    I have a pair of Bose that were $110 I think.
    Not that Bose is terrible, but for the price you can do better. Back in the day, the Triports ($149) had approximately equal sound quality to the Sennheiser HD201 ($25 at the most). I'd suggest looking at headfi.org for better answers on what's good at $100 these days. And I'm sorry about your wallet.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by binaryhermit View Post
    Not that Bose is terrible, but for the price you can do better. Back in the day, the Triports ($149) had approximately equal sound quality to the Sennheiser HD201 ($25 at the most). I'd suggest looking at headfi.org for better answers on what's good at $100 these days. And I'm sorry about your wallet.
    You know what Bose stands for, right?

Buy other sound equipment.

For $100, the Sony 7506 or Sennheiser 280Pro are unbeatable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Chills everytime!!! I was so shocked when he uses those crowd chants. I always thought the live version it was the crowd?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I love these and they're pretty affordable http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-...nheiser+hd+429

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    I love these and they're pretty affordable http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-...nheiser+hd+429
    Can't ever go wrong with Sennheiser. Ever.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I wonder if this song being released so soon after 'Everything' was a strategic move to get everyones negative attention off of that song....http://consequenceofsound.net/2013/0...s-find-my-way/

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Get the Sennheiser HD 280s.
    Not only do they sound great, they do a excellent job of blocking out noise.
    If background noise isn't really an issue for you (maybe these are for your quiet listening place?) then AudioTechnica has some comparable ones. The 580 or 850 or something. I think they actually sound better than the Sennies, but they don't do nearly as much to block out noise.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    I wonder if this song being released so soon after 'Everything' was a strategic move to get everyones negative attention off of that song....http://consequenceofsound.net/2013/0...s-find-my-way/
    I don't think so. It seemed like the Zane Lowe promotional week had been set in for a while.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I never meant tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    Or maybe we're two weeks away from the album's release and they're trying to promote the hell out of it. Hmm, which seems more likely?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    First time i heard this song i thought it was an outtake of welcome oblivion, and now i think it sounds so htda-esque it could have been in that album. Anyway, to me this is one of the best songs in the nin catalog since the fragile days, I'm so in love with this song.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    At the very end of find my way, does anyone else hear a similar sound to the sound in "we fade away" before mariqueen sings "am i just talking to myself"?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Only 6 pages?! After the epic Everything thread the other day, I'm going to say that I'm just a little disappointed guys.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RGM81 View Post
    Only 6 pages?! After the epic Everything thread the other day, I'm going to say that I'm just a little disappointed guys.
    Yeah, well, people tend to complain more loudly and vigorously than they praise.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I'm kind of surprised that this hasn't dropped into the preorder bundles on nin.com yet. I guess they figure since we're so close to the release date, we can handle not having one of the songs.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    I'm kind of surprised that this hasn't dropped into the preorder bundles on nin.com yet. I guess they figure since we're so close to the release date, we can handle not having one of the songs.
    Maybe tomorrow? It took "Everything" about, what, 12 hours or so?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    Maybe tomorrow? It took "Everything" about, what, 12 hours or so?
    More like 2, I think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think this one was an exclusive for the BBC and to distract from all of the negativity on "Everything". I don't expect this in the preorder bundle until the rest of the album drops.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I might be going crazy, but I think I'm hearing backing effects in the first few minutes (0:37, 1:53, 2:06) that really resemble the effects heard in the final 20 seconds or so of "Closer."

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I'm sorry, but all you guys whining about Zane talking during the intro and fade of the song are acting completely stupid. It's radio. That's what DJs do, and it's not like he specifically is the only one that does it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    You know, I didn't really care much for the live version....but this studio version is totally doin' it for me.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I'm listening to the studio version right now. Man, it's the production that is winning me over. I love it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I love this song. It's like a cross between HTDA and Still. Best track from the album so far.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    I'm sorry, but all you guys whining about Zane talking during the intro and fade of the song are acting completely stupid. It's radio. That's what DJs do, and it's not like he specifically is the only one that does it.
    Um, if you are going to premiere a song, have some respect.

Talking like an idiot during each song is not a prerequisite of being a DJ. Talking like an idiot maybe, but not during the world premiere of a song. And fuck everyone who thinks it's justified as being a watermark to protect sales. If that's what TR was really thinking then have some integrity and don't release the song until people can buy it.
    Last edited by HurtinMinorKey; 08-23-2013 at 12:07 AM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HurtinMinorKey View Post
    Um, if you are going to premiere a song, have some respect.
    If you're going to sell a record, promote it in a way that's going to make people still want to buy it.