Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Devil May Cry

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Devil May Cry

I don't know how many other fans there are here, but I fucking LOVED these games growing up with my PS2. Even DMC 2 (although, I can't say I liked it as much...but it was the first one I played, so it has a special place for me I s'pose.) While I've got other things that I need to spend my money on for a while, I'll definitely be picking up the HD collection once I get those other things taken care of. In the mean time...

Here's a totally ridiculous - and badass - trailer for the DMC reboot. Shit's gonna be siiick.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/04/10...ngover-trailer

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    DMC3 is a lot harder than I remembered it... I ran through the first two with ease. But this one is just a kick in the pants. And i'm playing on normal... Played through DMC2 for the first time, and it was by far the easiest (and kinda dull) of the four games. DMC4 held the title for the easiest.

I'm starting to warm up to the new game though. Still not a fan of the new dante, but since it's in it's own universe, it might not be so bad. Gameplay and story are going to be amazing regardless. Ninja Theory have yet to disappoint me thus far (Enslaved and Heavenly Sword). Now, if only we had a release date...

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Devil May Cry will always be one of my favorite franchises ever. Everything from the gun play to the combos made the game hella fun and also with the stubborn ranking system trying to get an S for every level was challenging and gave it a lot of replay value. The second one really fell off the deep end and is such a forgettable game it is very sad. I agree the third one was very hard.. I remember getting really mad trying to beat some levels.

The reboot looks amazing and I don't expect anything less from this. Dante is also such a likable character and pretty dam bad ass. Devil Trigger!!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I owned 2 and 3 for PS2. I never beat either of them. I really want this HD Collection. Should I get it?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I owned 2 and 3 for PS2. I never beat either of them. I really want this HD Collection. Should I get it?
    If you think it's worth the 40, absolutely. I already owned them on ps2. The graphics weren't improved much, if any. Convenient where I have them all on a single disc, and don't have to plug in my ps2 in order to play. Well worth it though IMO.

In DMC3, they just group up against you, constantly. Seems like, if you were to stay in one spot for so long, you're dead. Might have to play on easy.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    If you think it's worth the 40, absolutely. I already owned them on ps2. The graphics weren't improved much, if any. Convenient where I have them all on a single disc, and don't have to plug in my ps2 in order to play. Well worth it though IMO.

In DMC3, they just group up against you, constantly. Seems like, if you were to stay in one spot for so long, you're dead. Might have to play on easy.
    I played a fair amount of both on my PS2 but never actually had any drive or want to beat either. I got farther in 3 than I did in 2 from what I remember.

3 games for $40.00 is so worth it but being a bit low on money right now makes me about $20.00 short of being able to afford it (as that's all I can spare for anything at the moment). Sucks as I'm wanting to jump in and play this. I'll try and think of something that would allow me to get it asap. Game trade-ins aren't worth it, as even best Buy you get absolutely shit in exchange for trade-ins.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Some weeks, gamestop throw people a bone and actually give them something for trade-ins. Just not too often and you have to keep up. Not worth caring about IMO, since it's one week every so often.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Some weeks, gamestop throw people a bone and actually give them something for trade-ins. Just not too often and you have to keep up. Not worth caring about IMO, since it's one week every so often.
    I'm not trading it in but you can only get $23.00 for Mass Effect 3 trade-ins. It's only been a little over a month since release, what a joke. I rarely do trade-ins as you literally get absolutely nothing.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Well, I got this today. Traded RDR: Undead Nightmare and Battlefield 3 to get this. I'll end up buying BF3 again later on down the line so no worries. I rarely played Undead Nightmare so love loss there. I got a coupon for $5.00 off any purchase so today I'll go back to the store and DMC4 for a whopping $2.99.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    ^^^ You will have a blast. The first one is just awesome. I don't really like that they give the collection a mediocre rating only because the graphics and game play are outdated. Lame.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    New demo rules and we're little under a month for release. Big time stoked!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Re: Devil May Cry

Another one?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Another one?
    Have you been in the dark or something? This game has had huge news and controversy since it was announced. Surprised you hadn't heard anything.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

I know about the game. Already paid off. Thought you were talking about a second demo. Its going to be awesome though. No matter how douchey Dante looks.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I know about the game. Already paid off. Thought you were talking about a second demo. Its going to be awesome though. No matter how douchey Dante looks.
    Thought as much, found it odd if you hadn't. No, no one posted about the demo so I brought it up in a necropost...weeks later.

Mine is pre-ordered at Gamestop. Has Vergil DLC with it.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Thought as much, found it odd if you hadn't. No, no one posted about the demo so I brought it up in a necropost...weeks later.

Mine is pre-ordered at Gamestop. Has Vergil DLC with it.
    Same here. Surprisingly, I've only played the demo once... Maybe I'm holding out until launch. Dunno. I enjoyed it though.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Cannot wait for this game. Everything about it looks better in every aspect, and am I the only one that likes the way Dante looks? I mean there is no grey hair which is disappointing, but with a new engine and new developer, it should make DMC4 look like a PS2 game.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'm gonna have to really sit down and play the game before I can really say anything about the character. At first, though, I hated the design. Now, i'm kinda whatever about it. If the style fits the character and the story, i'll probably be fine with it. It's a completely separate universe, so it'll probably grow on me. Plus, Ninja Theory have yet to disappoint me. Their last two games are amazing, particularly Enslaved, as obscenely underrated as it is.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    By the way, the Vergil DLC is post-launch DLC that'll be availible to everyone via $9.00 on PSN and/or 720 MSP.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

There is poster advertising it. Looks like it's not Launch Day DLC but I'm fine with that, least I'm getting it free!

Replayed the demo last night, I'm so going to play the hell out of this game when it comes out. I loved and played the older games but this seems like a fresh breath air and a lot more vivid and fits my tastes more than the other ones. The combat and combos in this are so fluid and evasion and grappling are superb. Ugh a week to go this Tuesday.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I love the series. DmC looks awesome and should be great on PC.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Sorry for the double post but this is definitely warranted!

Free DmC: Devil May Cry "Bloody Palace" DLC Announced.

Capcom announced today that they will be adding "Bloody Palace" mode to DmC Devil May Cry as DLC. Bloody Palace is a game mode from previous games in the Devil May Cry series where players must run a gauntlet of 100 levels, including boss fights. It will be made available as downloadable content sometime after the new game releases. The best part of all? It will be free! Check out some screenshots from the mode above.

DmC Devil May Cry reboots the series with a new storyline set in a parallel universe. The main character is still Dante but he now looks completely different (some have described him as "emo"). Gameplay will also be slightly different from past games. For example, there will be new technique modifiers called Angel Mode and Devil Mode. While in Angel Mode, Dante will wield Osiris, a scythe-like weapon that will allow him to move quickly and pull enemies or himself around the level. While in Demon Mode, he will use Arbiter, a huge battleaxe that slows him down but is devastatingly powerful.

DmC Devil May Cry is scheduled to be released on January 15th in North America, the 17th in Japan, and the 18th across Europe. It will be available on Xbox 360, PS3, and Windows PC.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Finally sat down and played the demo. Loved it.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Finally sat down and played the demo. Loved it.
    This game is going to undoubtedly rock on so many levels.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I'm jealous of this skill:

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

That's insane. No way I could pull that off, heh. Think I might playthrough DMC4 over the weekend.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    That's insane. No way I could pull that off, heh. Think I might playthrough DMC4 over the weekend.
    Same but I'm getting the hang of it. I played the demo a few moments ago and did the Under Watch Mission and managed to achieve an SS Style in a fight. Just gotta juggle the crap out of these punks while using the grapples like mad.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Same but I'm getting the hang of it. I played the demo a few moments ago and did the Under Watch Mission and managed to achieve an SS Style in a fight. Just gotta juggle the crap out of these punks while using the grapples like mad.
    Nice! I just downloaded the demo last night and I freaking loved it. The cut scenes look great, the story seems very intriguing, and the combat is out of this world. I love how different it is but it still has that DMC feel to it. Give me a month with this game and I will be eating up SSS rankings.. Seems like this game will be a challenge and I cannot wait!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Nice! I just downloaded the demo last night and I freaking loved it. The cut scenes look great, the story seems very intriguing, and the combat is out of this world. I love how different it is but it still has that DMC feel to it. Give me a month with this game and I will be eating up SSS rankings.. Seems like this game will be a challenge and I cannot wait!
    I find it hilarious a lot of clowns are still pissing and moaning about about Dante's look and the story, which if they continue to whine and write this game off they're really going to screw themselves out of an amazing game.

This game is going to rule and I'll also even go out on a limb and state it'll sell extremely well.

I really find the direction this game is going for to be fresh and awesomely done on Ninja's Theory's part. This gameplay and engine are so flawlessly smooth and really responsive. The old DMC games were hard as hell but this game seems really doable on harder difficulties due to the engine. I am really going to play the shit out of this game until I can't possibly get anymore achievements or unlocks.

Schwing.