Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Devil May Cry

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Whoever complains about the new look I just want to hit sometimes because it is so fitting in my eyes. Plus, when you go into Devil Trigger, did you notice that his hair turns white? So i'm guessing there is some connection there in the game where we might find out why he has it in the future games. For the demo... it was just the demo!

I found this today and I did look at it... I couldn't help it. It has some spoilers but if anyone is interested, this is the list of achievements for the 360. Couldn't find anything for PS3 yet, but i'm sure someone will post them in the next day or two.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/g.../achievements/

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

8.9/10. Looks stunning and great.

Dipshit babies on Youtube are calling this game out as shit, all positive reviews were paid to be as such and the older games are better.

Jesus christ, grow up already.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    This game is glorious. Just beat the first mission. Jeez am I going to get some playtime into this fucker.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Re: Devil May Cry

Soon as I get off work, I'm picking this up. Decided to trade in Battlefield 3. And I redeemed some of my reward points. 25$ OFF!!!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Beat Mission 6 a few ago (Secret Ingredient from the demo)...this fucking game man, it's totally awesome. Fast paced, fun and challenging....s-s-s-s-smoooooking combo of traits (lame joke, I know).

This game has impressive visuals. Definitely going to be on my GOTY list, even though it's only January.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Just got this about an hour ago. I'm going balls deep into this game once I smoke a bowl and eat some dinner. I traded in Darksiders II since I completed it 100% (Very fun), they gave me $18 for it, and I had $16 left on a gift card so I only payed $30 for Dmc

And I need to stop looking at Gamespot's reviews because they really piss me off. What the fuck is going on with the fans of this game??? Everyone is hating on it... it really is baffling me.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

This might be the first game that I haven't bothered looking at reviews. I'm loving the game so far. Only on mission 5, but it's been very solid. The only thing that I can see people whining about is the character design. Its NOT the same Dante! Two completely DIFFERENT characters that just so happen to share the same name and a few other characteristics (rebellion, etc). These people need to get over themselves.

And I hope they aren't on the bandwagon for the new Tomb Raider. Would be a tad bit hypocritical considering that Lara Croft is also very different in that game as well. They call these games reboots for a reason.

Another possible reason for all the hate. Capcom. A lot of people are still sore about their shady business tactics, but I also believe plagued Resident Evil 6. I love that game, my friends love it, but for some reasons, its an absolute "mess" to the reviewers. Something isn't adding up here.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    This might be the first game that I haven't bothered looking at reviews. I'm loving the game so far. Only on mission 5, but it's been very solid. The only thing that I can see people whining about is the character design. Its NOT the same Dante! Two completely DIFFERENT characters that just so happen to share the same name and a few other characteristics (rebellion, etc). These people need to get over themselves.

And I hope they aren't on the bandwagon for the new Tomb Raider. Would be a tad bit hypocritical considering that Lara Croft is also very different in that game as well. They call these games reboots for a reason.

Another possible reason for all the hate. Capcom. A lot of people are still sore about their shady business tactics, but I also believe plagued Resident Evil 6. I love that game, my friends love it, but for some reasons, its an absolute "mess" to the reviewers. Something isn't adding up here.
    Most Gamers are afraid of change and if something tries to reinvent the gameplay or look of it they become irreconcilable babies that will call is trash without giving it a fair chance. I loved RE6 and I love this DmC. They play different than the predecessors because they're supposed to!

I'm not the biggest fan of Capcom's DLC business but they make incredible games and some of my favorite franchises are from their publishing. Judging their games on their DLC tactics isn't really a good call, most devs and publishers like to milk the fuck out of it.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 01-15-2013 at 09:20 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I was originallwy very skeptical about the change. But I went into it knowing that I enjoyed Ninja Theory's previous two games enough that I had high hopes for story and gameplay, which it succeeds in. I don't think this will affect sales though, as it seems to be selling well. The gamestop I went to might be sold out of them now. So as long as the whiners don't affect the possibility of a sequel, let them sit in a corner.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

If you pre-ordered DMC: Devil May Cry and received a code for the Vergil’s Downfall DLC, you will have to wait for another month to actually play it.The DLC wasn’t available to play yet on launch day which confused many gamers who pre-ordered the game and received a code with their copy. According to Capcom, the DLC won’t be out until the end of February. No release date has been given yet, but you cannot play the DLC for DmC: Devil May Cry right now…Vergil’s Downfall is a DLC that tells the untold story of Dante’s brother Vergil and adds more levels to play as well as enemies, combos and weapons.

Source:
    http://www.justpushstart.com/2013/01/dmcs-vergils-downfall-dlc-to-be-out-end-of-february/

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    ^^^ Uber gay.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Man...

Spoiler: The Bob Barbas battle was awesome!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Man...

Spoiler: The Bob Barbas battle was awesome!
    Spoiler: Agreed, the color and vivid imagery put into that whole mission and fight was superb. By far my favorite boss fight, even passing the Succubus.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I'm on mission 18. Almost done with my first play through on Devil Hunter. Might jump ahead and do Nephilim or I might just go gung-ho and do Son of Sparda on my second playthrough. Unsure.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I'm on mission 18. Almost done with my first play through on Devil Hunter. Might jump ahead and do Nephilim or I might just go gung-ho and do Son of Sparda on my second playthrough. Unsure.
    How are you doing with the lost souls and keys? I started trying to get all of them at first, but now I am just going through the game until I beat it and go to a harder mode to get them all. Dam, this game is great.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    How are you doing with the lost souls and keys? I started trying to get all of them at first, but now I am just going through the game until I beat it and go to a harder mode to get them all. Dam, this game is great.
    I'm doing well and I'm finding them as I go. I got 43 Souls Freed and 12 Keys found and 11 doors opened. I've done most on first go through but I also replayed some missions for achievements and red orb grinding and set out to find the collectibles as well.

I love this game. It's so badass. I can't wait for the Bloody Palace DLC, nor Vergil. Going to be so grand playing as him.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Kinda gave up collecting them. When I replay through the missions, I'll probably give them another go. I wonder what Vergil's DLC is going to be about.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Beat the game entirely story wise on Devil Hunter. The final battle against Spoiler: Vergil is so juicy, fun and fucking awesome. Gonna be a bitch on harder difficulties though.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Well, the game made my decision for me: Play on Nephilim! Son of Sparda is tricky and difficult without being fully upgraded and leveled. Boo!
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 01-18-2013 at 11:09 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Fuckers who are whining about Dante's look can shut up now as an Outfit Skin pack is due for a January 30th release at 320 MSP = $3.00. It features Classic Dante (resembles DMC3), Dark Dante and Neo Dante.

I don't necessarily need this but I have a few Microsoft Points collecting dust so I might buy this just because.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Finished yesterday on Devil Hunter. Got stuck on the final battle, and Space Suicide bailed me out, heh. Amazing game though. To think, at one point, I was one of those guys who considered not playing this. Glad, I did.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Finished yesterday on Devil Hunter. Got stuck on the final battle, and Space Suicide bailed me out, heh. Amazing game though. To think, at one point, I was one of those guys who considered not playing this. Glad, I did.
    I found out on accident activating Devil Trigger but hey works. I did some speed runs and beat Vergil on Devil Hunter in 1:53.

I've gotten everything upgraded finally though as far as combos, damage and abilities go. Still need to upgrade Devil Trigger and Health to max. Gonna need some more grinding before I hit Son of Sparda again. Done the first four missions on that difficulty, not too hard.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

I was figuring it was more of a timing thing than anything else. Kinda feel dumbed down that's all that I needed to do. All good though. I might take a little break before I hit up Son of Sparda. Maybe I'll do Nephilim first. Not sure yet.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I was figuring it was more of a timing thing than anything else. Kinda feel dumbed down that's all that I needed to do. All good though. I might take a little break before I hit up Son of Sparda. Maybe I'll do Nephilim first. Not sure yet.
    Angel Evade and Devil Evade coupled with good parrying skills make Vegil a cinch to fight. On harder difficulties I think I might have a little issue with my strategy.

Side note, I hope in the Vergil's Downfall DLC we get to use a lot of the skills and abilities he has in the final fight.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    This was pretty good! Nice deep combat system, challenging overall. They fixed all the stupid grindiness of it that made me sell DMC 4 right away... also has the most cohesive plot ive ever seen in a capcom game.

The tone of this was perfect for my thirteen year old self.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Angel Evade and Devil Evade coupled with good parrying skills make Vegil a cinch to fight. On harder difficulties I think I might have a little issue with my strategy.

Side note, I hope in the Vergil's Downfall DLC we get to use a lot of the skills and abilities he has in the final fight.
    I found the battle to be very easy, like all the others. When it came down to finishing him off, I brick walled. That's one of my gripes about the game, the bosses being such pushovers. Don't get me wrong, they were fun and entertaining. Not at all challenging though.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I found the battle to be very easy, like all the others. When it came down to finishing him off, I brick walled. That's one of my gripes about the game, the bosses being such pushovers. Don't get me wrong, they were fun and entertaining. Not at all challenging though.
    Mundus on Nephilim isn't a cakewalk, wasn't to me anyways when I attempted it.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

I played on Devil Hunter, so maybe that's why. Im debating what mode to play on next time I play. Might just suck it up and try Son of Sparda.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    By the way it should be noted that any game featuring a woman who gets sucked into a giant baby's belly button, via the giant umbilical cord coming out of her head deserves extra points.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    By the way it should be noted that any game featuring a woman who gets sucked into a giant baby's belly button, via the giant umbilical cord coming out of her head deserves extra points.
    I was very, very impressed by the Mundus Spawn and the bosses in general. The way to beat them is not hard at all, but the detail and visuals are amazing.

I beat the game last night, but how freaking lame is this: I know this game has audio cut out problems and I have experienced it here and there, but I beat the game last night and before the fight with Virgil even started, the sound cut out completely up until the ending! Does anyone else here have the PS3 version? I cannot understand why this game runs so much sloppier on the PS than the XBOX? Either way I was pretty bummed about that.

I will trying to get all SSS on missions, along with some lost souls and keys I missed along the way... I already want a sequel