Page 94 of 263 FirstFirst ... 44 84 92 93 94 95 96 104 144 194 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,820 of 7887

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Do you think she just randomly screams out "TOT MOM" like she always used to in the middle of her show?

I WAS A PROSECEWTER FOR 27 YEARS YEWR GONNA HAVE TO TRY HARDER THAN THAT
    oh jesus.
    Tot Mom.
    Words cannot describe how crazy that soulless vampire drives me.

Her "righteous indignation" is what makes her money, so she has to LIKE it when terrible things happen to kids, at least on some level.

I thought the Anthony girl was guilty as sin, but it made me happy that she got off...JUST because i imagined how bad it pissed Nancy Grace off.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Manspreading.
    It's a thing now.
    SJWs are mad at men for having nuts.
    THE PATRIARCHY

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Manspreading.
    It's a thing now.
    THE PATRIARCHY
    As someone who commuted into London for ten years, it's about time this became a proper thing, women have moaned about this for years. Imagine if women spread their legs right out taking up two seats all the time, it's fucking annoying.

Read this, so true
    http://mic.com/articles/107614/i-spr...mportant-point
    Last edited by WorzelG; 01-10-2015 at 02:48 AM.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    As someone who commuted into London for ten years, it's about time this became a proper thing, women have moaned about this for years. Imagine if women spread their legs right out taking up two seats all the time, it's fucking annoying.

Read this, so true
    http://mic.com/articles/107614/i-spr...mportant-point
    Women do this by putting their purses and bags next to them, it's not a gender issue.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Women do this by putting their purses and bags next to them, it's not a gender issue.
    Not even a tenth as much in my experience, most women on trains I used made themselves as small as possible, crossing legs etc

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Not even a tenth as much in my experience, most women on trains I used made themselves as small as possible, crossing legs etc
    Key phrase bolded. not sure what's going on up in london but over where I live people in general are usually pretty accommodating on public transit. If they're not there's a real awesome way to fix that:

"Excuse me sir/mam, do you mind moving your bag/closing your legs a little bit please? I would like to sit here, thank you!"

If they refuse after that they're not perpetrating da patriarchy or matriarchy, they're just shitty people.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Manspreading.
    It's a thing now.
    THE PATRIARCHY
    What's next, are men to sit down to pee because of manstanding? I sit this way in public because I'm 6'3" 205lbs, so my legs naturally take up space.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    I live in NYC and take public transit, it's VERY MUCH a thing. Nobody gives a shit about guys not crushing their nuts, but you do not need to spread your legs over 2 seats for that shit. It is very common to see 2 guys taking up a 3 person bench.

I'm fine with playing comfort chicken and smushing myself between them but it's FUCKING STUPID.

Men often unwittingly take up extra space because they don't realize it's uncool. Women are used to making themselves small.

I also don't like when a woman sits closer to me than a guy, or when anyone gives the person sitting like an idiot extra space. Nah, get close to THEM.

Guys do it more than women. The term "manspreading" is usually accurate and you say "patriarchy" like you think it's some sort of special all-bro Illuminati.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    ^^^ugh on my flight to Greece the guy in the seat next to me kept spreading his legs into my space. I had to ask him to move them back several times. He kept saying sorry and didn't realize he was doing it but then 10min later his leg would be halfway across mine again

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    lol I guess I forgot what board I was on.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    At least @green relates!

Also two different people sent me the New Yorker cartoon.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Manspreading.
    It's a thing now.
    THE PATRIARCHY
    Your balls aren't that big to need two seats.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)

This will forever be the face of the "movement".

GG guys

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    When I go to the little things that cheer you up thread to read small, happy things that kinda boost my mood a little bit and instead see a bunch of dumb in-fighting.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    manspreading = I am a dude and it pisses. me. the. fuck. off.

Get your knees together, wtf!
    I don't want your legs pressing on me in this aggressive manner. Just sit normally jackass. And tuck your balls on top of your thighs if they're bothering you, it's totally doable.

These days if there's a manspreader I'm not even going to try to sit next to him. I'm just going to stand.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Women who have no clue as to the room needed for male anatomy. It doesn't piss me off so much as it annoys me, though. I hear the pain of natural child birth is beyond explanation, but as a male the pain of passing a kidney stone is something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. The point is, unless you're a fucking shape-shifter, don't assume your wants are more important than their needs.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I never take the bus or subway because all people are assholes.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I'm dog sitting for my folks on a Saturday night, not that I'm pissed because my parents mean the world to me, but it's Saturday night. Understand?

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by green View Post
    Women who have no clue as to the room needed for male anatomy. It doesn't piss me off so much as it annoys me, though. I hear the pain of natural child birth is beyond explanation, but as a male the pain of passing a kidney stone is something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. The point is, unless you're a fucking shape-shifter, don't assume your wants are more important than their needs.
    My boyfriend is hanging out with me.

"It's true, supposedly the pain of passing a kidney stone can be worse than child birth. Therefore I need 8 feet for my balls? There is no correlation, what the fuck is he talking about?"

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Pretty sure both sexes have urethras.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Are you a fucking shapeshifter ?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Watch as my innie becomes an outie!

In other news, my fucking shower is broken for the second time in four months. The second we're back into business hours, I'm destroying a certain bathroom supply shop.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    "You gotta start getting protein powder if you want your workouts to add up to anything."

No. Just...no. Not hopping on that train. Know how else I can get extra protein and nutrients and shit? By. Eating. Food.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    "You gotta start getting protein powder if you want your workouts to add up to anything."

No. Just...no. Not hopping on that train. Know how else I can get extra protein and nutrients and shit? By. Eating. Food.
    Thats some primo level broscience if I ever heard it. Protein powder is a supplement, meaning it supplements your diet. If you meet your 1 gram per pound of lean body mass per day (if you're building muscle) there's no need for protein.

Thats one of the reasons I hate GNC so much, their broscience bullshit their employees spout and how they prey on people who don't know what's up when it comes to nutrition and fitness.

That being said gold standard is my favorite and the cappuccino flavor is my JAM.

EDIT: That could have sounded like I was on the side of the person saying you need the protein powder, I agree with you just to be certain.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post

I strongly agree with this! The BEST proteins are food-delivered ones. I think most people just get lazy about it (myself included) and go to the powders/mixes but they are NOT the end and be all for muscle protein. I do admit that I like the mixes as a "recovery" but I don't expect them to be my daily need of protein. I'll stick with chicken and steaks thank you.

But just thinking about this pisses me off as I haven't touched a workout in months. I've been a lousy, lazy ass since winter started.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    The only time I use protein powders are in smoothies, otherwise I just take a recovery drink right after strength training.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Last edited by Your Name Here; 07-25-2016 at 11:43 AM.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Takei's links never working because servers just can't

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    I believe there were some posts in here about tinnitus (@jinsai @allegro ?).

There are actually some newish methods that you can use to DIY treat it. "Notching" is what I recently encountered. You just have to identify the exact frequency (or frequencies) of your tinnitus and then run audio of your choosing through an app that blocks out that frequency (with a 1 octave spread). There are some websites that do it (like http://www.audionotch.com/app/tune/ ) but there are several smartphone apps (Tinnitus Pro on iPhone) that do the same thing and will dynamically notch your music library.

Not entirely sure how effective it is or how long it takes, but it seems promising.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    I believe there were some posts in here about tinnitus (@jinsai @allegro ?).

There are actually some newish methods that you can use to DIY treat it. "Notching" is what I recently encountered. You just have to identify the exact frequency (or frequencies) of your tinnitus and then run audio of your choosing through an app that blocks out that frequency (with a 1 octave spread). There are some websites that do it (like http://www.audionotch.com/app/tune/ ) but there are several smartphone apps (Tinnitus Pro on iPhone) that do the same thing and will dynamically notch your music library.

Not entirely sure how effective it is or how long it takes, but it seems promising.
    I've been "masking" for 30 years, it works great. Excess alcohol and stress makes tinnitus way worse, so I avoid that, obviously. Silence is also bad, hence masking.