Thread: Stephen King

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    those are good versions too, with the illustrations. I don't understand why they ever published any of the Dark Tower without illustrations.

And yeah, The Shining is a good crossover recommendation for people who aren't into horror. It's just undeniably great, and not too intense really. The Shining is like King in PG-13 mode, but it's a masterpiece. By comparison, stuff like IT and Needful Things are super hard-R rated. My grandfather gave me a copy of Needful Things when I was 12... and clearly he did not read it. The first time I read that book I was wayyyyyyyy too young for it.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 06-18-2021 at 11:38 AM.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    those are good versions too, with the illustrations. I don't understand why they ever published any of the Dark Tower without illustrations.
    We've got some of those illustrations cut out and hanging on the inside of our bedroom door.

My wife is a fanatic, too. We actually call our marriage An-Tet, ( which refers to an intimate, honest and open bond in the ritual High Speech language of Mid World.)
    We write An-Tet and put the symbols on anniversary cards and gifts and such.

We're kind of nerds.
    @versusreality I haven't read the shining in forever, but I can still "see" that fucking mask on the elevator floor. That stuck in my head forever. And that's what I mean about the worlds seeming real. I don't think that was in the movie, but I can SEE it, you know?
    Last edited by elevenism; 06-18-2021 at 11:46 AM.