Page 130 of 215 FirstFirst ... 30 80 120 128 129 130 131 132 140 180 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,900 of 6449

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Apple Music, Trent uploaded a slightly different (but much cleaner than tape quality) version of it in the Connect section (so anyone can listen, not just Apple Music subscribers). Part of the Fragile instrumental release he did.
    I was about to post the same suggestion, but the Apple Music version doesn't have vocals. Still cool, though.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by placepinion View Post
    That's weird that you hear that because the final word is pronounced like 'EYE' or the letter 'I'. 'Life' is the only word that seems to fit. As in 'Return to life.'
    Yep. Also, considering the heart monitor type sound that starts the track, you could see it as either a subconscious plea or another person screaming at them to live as their heart begins to beat again.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Closer (Precursor) and Closer (Unrecalled) from Recoiled always confuse me. I was always under the impression that Precursor was what was used on the Se7en soundtrack, but Recoiled says that it's Unrecalled, which was previously unreleased. Halp!
    Last edited by Ryan; 11-28-2015 at 12:16 AM.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Closer (Precusor) and Closer (Unrecalled) from Recoiled always confuse me. I was always under the impression that Precusor was what was used on the Se7en soundtrack, but Recoiled says that it's Unrecalled, which was previously unreleased. Halp!
    And edit of Precursor was used in Se7en, but it was not the "Unrecalled" mix, which was an earlier iteration of what would become Precursor. If you were to put them in order, Unrecalled, Precursor, Se7en.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    NINwiki:

"Cargo In The Blood: The Reverse Is Also True"

"The limited edition multiple focusing on the art works made for Nine Inch Nails’ Hesitation Marks album is currently in production. The multiple, which will be produced in a limited edition will include a five colour 320 page fully illustrated hardback book showing all the works made for the commission with interpretative texts and essays charting the ideas behind and processes used in each work. Each will also contain an original mixed media work framed in Corten steel and a uniquely coded etched Corten Steel plate. Every copy will be encased in a folding and individually cauterised suede portfolio. Edition number, price and publication date tbc"
    I assume it's safe to assume we'll never hear anything more about this?

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    I do remember reading that the cut up art pieces that were newly made for the multiples are ready. I can't imagine they would have gone to that length if the production of the overall item wasn't pretty far along. It's strange though that no real new information has dropped lately, just slightly updated and reworded versions of blurbs we've already heard about this project.

There was also talk of a multiple with the works that he made for The Downward Spiral and that was never confirmed as happening for real.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    What does Cargo In The Blood - The Reverse Is Also True mean?

Cargo is in someone's blood? But it's also true that there is blood in someone's cargo?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Cargo is in someone's blood? But it's also true that there is blood in someone's cargo?
    "Blood in someone's cargo" sounds a lot like "skeletons in the closet", doesn't it? Also, "cargo in the blood" could mean that some sort of emotional baggage has embedded itself so deeply in a person that it's almost become part of their biological makeup.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)

It sounds like pretentiousness

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

It's very Coil. "There's blood in my alcohol," etc.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Can anybody recommend anything cool to check out that's NIN related (if there are such things that exist) in the following places:

New York
    LA
    Vegas
    San Francisco

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Thank you very much.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    It's very Coil. "There's blood in my alcohol," etc.
    ooo, very Coil eh? Were you referring to Coil, the music group that started around the 80's?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Does anyone know what the NIN artwork that is my avatar photo is called? Or which album it might refer to? It makes me think of With Teeth, but it looks like a variation of the album cover... Who created this one? Russell Mills or Rob Sheridan?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Copy_of_an_Echo View Post
    Does anyone know what the NIN artwork that is my avatar photo is called? Or which album it might refer to? It makes me think of With Teeth, but it looks like a variation of the album cover... Who created this one? Russell Mills or Rob Sheridan?
    I think it's something year zero-y? There were a bunch of avatars and stuff from then ( @Leviathant will know as he supplies the avatars for ETS). That means it's Rob Sheridan. And sadly, he very rarely names his pieces publicly. We know a few of the HTDA ones from filenames, but generally they're just ~stuff~.

And because you only listed two options, the full rundown of art designers for NIN:
    PHM-Fixed: Gary Talpas
    TDS era: Russell Mills (Talpas directing)
    TPD: Gary Talpas
    TF: David Carson
    TFA: Rob Sheridan
    AATCHB: Mills and Sheridan
    WT-YZ: Sheridan
    Ghosts: Philip Graybill and Sheridan
    TS: Sheridan
    HM: Mills (Sheridan directing)

I probably forgot some, but that should help get a vague idea of who did what over the years.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    I think it's something year zero-y? There were a bunch of avatars and stuff from then ( @Leviathant will know as he supplies the avatars for ETS). That means it's Rob Sheridan. And sadly, he very rarely names his pieces publicly. We know a few of the HTDA ones from filenames, but generally they're just ~stuff~.

And because you only listed two options, the full rundown of art designers for NIN:

I probably forgot some, but that should help get a vague idea of who did what over the years.
    Right, yeah I've only known of Rob and Russell, but I'm not too surprised if there were/are others involved. Thanks for mentioning the others and letting me know that this particular one was probably related to Year Zero.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Which NIN Song Is This?

https://soundcloud.com/north-star-2

Hey guys I tried humming this melody into the smartphone Soundhound app but it couldn't recognize it. Anyone recognize the melody?

NOTE: Click on the first track on my soundcloud account with the obvious title.
    Last edited by Copy_of_an_Echo; 12-09-2015 at 05:46 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I believe I recall Trent saying on a Gone Girl interview, that he was going to get started on another NIN album. Is that actually happening?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    If it's not this, then it is very similar. Either way, it's With Teeth extra/promo artwork from Rob. A while back, his professional portfolio website had a bunch of different art that wasn't used for With Teeth on it, a good handful of which I think were used for avatars on ETS.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

Mills and Talpas also did Closure. AATCHB was by Carson, with some Sheridan photos of old Mills art for some of the DVD menus and such.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I believe I recall Trent saying on a Gone Girl interview, that he was going to get started on another NIN album. Is that actually happening?
    He says it in both these interviews. But that's just what he said. Doesn't really mean squat.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by placepinion View Post
    He says it in both these interviews. But that's just what he said. Doesn't really mean squat.

Well yeah it's not guaranteeeeed but I'm sure Reznor isn't a wolf cryer. Definitely something is going to come of this.
    Last edited by Copy_of_an_Echo; 12-10-2015 at 03:58 AM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    but I'm sure Reznor isn't a wolf cryer
    Adam Ant collab
    Numan tribute album
    Dr Dre collab
    Peter Murphy collab
    Numan collab
    Tapeworm
    With Teeth deluxe
    Bleedthrough
    EDIETS video, THTF second video, Everything video
    Getting multitracks for pretty much anything he's said we'll get them for
    Vinyl release for Gone Girl outtakes
    [other stuff]

Many projects never happen

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Can anyone help me out with where the full version of this is? (The fragility v2 MTV special, its really difficult to try and locate all 11 parts on YouTube)

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    ^^
    Half of collabs above is only rumored, I'm sure. Probably never got past "Sure I'd like to work with <insert name> sometime" quote from one of the parties.
    But yeah, there's a ton of abandoned projects. I can add Zack de la Rocha album

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Bleedthrough
    Didn't know the working title for an album that did come out counted as a project that didn't happen.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    ^^
    Half of collabs above is only rumored, I'm sure. Probably never got past "Sure I'd like to work with <insert name> sometime" quote from one of the parties.
    But yeah, there's a ton of abandoned projects. I can add Zack de la Rocha album
    3rd 12 Rounds album, which we've heard some songs from that fucking blow my mind

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Didn't know the working title for an album that did come out counted as a project that didn't happen.
    Well, Bleedthrough turned into With_Teeth, but I never heard the Bleedthrough album that was described by Reznor.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    Well, Bleedthrough turned into With_Teeth, but I never heard the Bleedthrough album that was described by Reznor.
    Artists re-work their stuff all the time before calling it completed and releasing it. Doesn't mean every variation of the work was itself a work that was never released. Unless you're thinking way too deeply about "art". In which case, do flowers know they're flowers, maaaan?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Track concepts, missing songs and changed lyrics. Bleedthrough is as much an album as Purest Feeling imo