Page 110 of 129 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 108 109 110 111 112 120 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,300 of 3846

Thread: What are you playing?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I don't quite understand what the difference is between this and a "game of the year" edition of something... it seems a little strange to be asking such a high price for it
    They added in extra dungeons, new personas and additional cutscenes and maybe an ending (not sure?).

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I don't quite understand what the difference is between this and a "game of the year" edition of something... it seems a little strange to be asking such a high price for it
    a "game of the year edition" of something, from my understanding, generally incorporates DLC that you would normally have to purchase separately.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    a "game of the year edition" of something, from my understanding, generally incorporates DLC that you would normally have to purchase separately.
    THat's the thing... I already paid full price for the game... to seal off what seems like DLC to a repackaged full-priced game seems kinda, I dunno, I still haven't beaten the version I already have so maybe I'm not the market for this.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    I'm still hooked on Rise of the Tomb Raider. I've been done with the main story for a while but trying to get 100% now. I'm up to 89%, so close!
    I'm finishing Shadow right now, I liked the first two better but I love these games.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Cyberpunk2077 was pushed AGAIN until November?? I thought it was September last I heard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Last of Us Part 2, I've had it since launch day but just finally got to dive in today. Couldn't really boot it up during a heat wave without exhausting myself since it was over 90F in my game space and i don't have air conditioning.

Well damn, SUCH a gripping visual experience, I've barely put a dent into the story and only just put the controller down after about 5 hours which just took me to Seattle.

I hate how it feels like i can't take my fucking time to enjoy this game because of how prevalent spoilers are everywhere, everyone else has seemingly already speedran the damn thing. Not to mention the leaks that were circulating for a while there. So far I've managed to avoid them though.

Can't wait to continue on!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    same here! avoided spoilers and am at about the same part you are in the game.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    7 hours into Last Of Us 2. I’m in the Seattle part, shortly after downtown. I’m frustrated because I got the point where you need to open the fuck FEDRA gate not realizing that once you go through, you can’t go back. I missed some artifacts and brief encounters (all optional) and I’m a little annoyed because I thought you could go back. Oh well. Liking the game a lot (even though I know spoilers )

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    They added in extra dungeons, new personas and additional cutscenes and maybe an ending (not sure?).
    I believe they added some new features that make the game not so much of a grind for new players, a completely new character for your team and some other stuff. This is something Atlus does a lot, they'll have the base game, the DLC, the Game of the Year and then a complete edition with loads of extras and game play quality of life changes (think Persona 4 Golden). Basically it's to get new players who never got into the game first time around or those that knew this was coming.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I’ve played P3 and P4G but never 5. I’m more of a casual fan of the series. I like the art style of the games mainly.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

not really a deal thread but this game is hilarious and it's for sale again.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Right so before i dive head long into Persona (because it might take me months to finish) i finale started River City Girls and this game is an absolute DELIGHT! I adore everything about it! The art style, the characters, the cameos, the fighting, this is GREAT!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I never played any of the uncharted series but I love the last of us . Is it a game series worth playing and do I need to start from the beginning?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdm View Post
    I never played any of the uncharted series but I love the last of us . Is it a game series worth playing and do I need to start from the beginning?
    Definitely worth playing. I started the series on four, then went to lost legacy and loved both of them. When PlayStation gave the first three away for free, I started playing them before LOU2 came out but I’m engrossed in that now.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    yes, start with the 1st one. It's a linear story, so play them in order. They get better each game, with 2 and 4 probably being the best. 4 is incredible. Lost Legacy is a great game as well, a lot of fun. But don't play that until after 4.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    The game I've been playing and loving a lot pre Lockdown was Days Gone - killing a horde is one of the most exhilerating gaming experiences I've had, I love it. Although that seems to be a controversial opinion, it seemed to get really terrible reviews. Conversely I never really got on with The Last of Us - last time I played it I got up to the creatures where you have to 'shiv' them and I ended up not getting along with the controls and giving up. I'll give it more tries though, can't play any nasty games during Lockdown though as my kids are always about!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    The game I've been playing and loving a lot pre Lockdown was Days Gone - killing a horde is one of the most exhilerating gaming experiences I've had, I love it. Although that seems to be a controversial opinion, it seemed to get really terrible reviews. Conversely I never really got on with The Last of Us - last time I played it I got up to the creatures where you have to 'shiv' them and I ended up not getting along with the controls and giving up. I'll give it more tries though, can't play any nasty games during Lockdown though as my kids are always about!
    I loved Days Gone. Took a chance on it when it came out despite the mediocre reviews and really enjoyed it.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Wasn't sure where to put this, but it's a great interview with Marty O'Donnell. He has some interesting things to say about Bungie and Activision in regards to Destiny.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Shadow of the Tomb Raider is the game I'm currently playing. Was deciding between that and Red Dead Redemption 2.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Right so before Ghosts of Tunsmia is out next week i finally decided to start Boarderlands 3 so i could finish before next friday (i will start Persona 5 after GoT) and while the gameplay is good, something about it just feels...off?

BL2 and the Pre-Sequal were really excellent experiences, great writing and voice acting and gameplay, i wanted to fully immerse in the worlds...but i'm just not getting that with 3. The witty writing feels like it's been replaced with sub-par fan fiction, the voice acting is...really annoying at times, i just don't feel like i want to do the side quests for anything other then exp. The villains are, so far, really forgettable. It's not a bad game...i just don't think i'll be rushing to replay it like with 2, really glad i picked it up on sale now.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    Right so before Ghosts of Tunsmia is out next week i finally decided to start Boarderlands 3 so i could finish before next friday (i will start Persona 5 after GoT) and while the gameplay is good, something about it just feels...off?

BL2 and the Pre-Sequal were really excellent experiences, great writing and voice acting and gameplay, i wanted to fully immerse in the worlds...but i'm just not getting that with 3. The witty writing feels like it's been replaced with sub-par fan fiction, the voice acting is...really annoying at times, i just don't feel like i want to do the side quests for anything other then exp. The villains are, so far, really forgettable. It's not a bad game...i just don't think i'll be rushing to replay it like with 2, really glad i picked it up on sale now.
    Yep, BL3 definitely has its problems but I still play it all the time. I'm actually farming for a weapon right now, ha. This one had a different writer than BL2 and it really shows. A lot of the main story is just plain dumb.

I suggest doing the side missions, they're more fun and better written than the main story missions. The 3 DLCs so far are also better than the main story by a long shot.
    Last edited by kdrcraig; 07-08-2020 at 01:28 PM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    Yep, BL3 definitely has its problems but I still play it all the time. I'm actually farming for a weapon right now, ha. This one had a different writer than BL2 and it really shows. A lot of the main story is just plain dumb.

I suggest doing the side missions, they're more fun and better written than the main story missions. The 3 DLCs so far are also better than the main story by a long shot.
    Ahhhh gotcha, that explains alot! I was tempted by the DLC, mainly as it had my fav character from 2 Gaige...i'll see how much time i have before next Friday!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Checked out Metro Exodus with PS Now yesterday. It's...not good. The controls are clunky, you get stuck on the smallest parts of the environment. Everything slows you down, even tall grass slows you to a crawl. Really disappointed since I loved the first two games. Played the first two levels and deleted it, so glad I didn't buy it on release like I had planned.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    Checked out Metro Exodus with PS Now yesterday. It's...not good. The controls are clunky, you get stuck on the smallest parts of the environment. Everything slows you down, even tall grass slows you to a crawl. Really disappointed since I loved the first two games. Played the first two levels and deleted it, so glad I didn't buy it on release like I had planned.
    I tried getting into it as well, and I just can't. I have no idea what it is, maybe the jankiness that you were describing. Plus I didn't really care about the story, which was important to me.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    It was verrryy buggy when it first released; imo the negative reviews were driven by the bugs and the main character not being likeable from what I rememeber. You're not alone because there are a lot of people that love that game and it was trending numerous times on Twitter earlier this year.

I have yet to play it, but it is definitely on my list.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    It was verrryy buggy when it first released; imo the negative reviews were driven by the bugs and the main character not being likeable from what I rememeber. You're not alone because there are a lot of people that love that game and it was trending numerous times on Twitter earlier this year.

I have yet to play it, but it is definitely on my list.
    yeah although I bought it in May 2019 I didn’t really play it properly till September so I never encountered the bugginess! Definitely try it though, it grows on you

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    the main character not being likeable from what I rememeber. .
    Wow, hard to believe although i suppose I'm biased. I would've liked the main character in Days Gone just because it's Sam Witwer and he's super awesome, I'm guessing these people weren't big fans of his other work. He's the same dude who was Starkiller in The Force Unleashed, voiced Darth Maul and Palpatine in Clone Wars and Rebels. Plus his TV work in Being Human (US version), Smallville, Supergirl among others. His Twitch channel is also good times.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Right i didn't finish BL3 in time for Ghost of Tsushima but i had to start this...it's such a pretty game. Just wondering around the world with the chilled Japanese wind chime music is delightful. Combats pretty good, not quite as hard as souls likes but quite engaging. This is definitely a game i'm going to really enjoy playing, going to take my time with it.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Wow, hard to believe although i suppose I'm biased. I would've liked the main character in Days Gone just because it's Sam Witwer and he's super awesome, I'm guessing these people weren't big fans of his other work. He's the same dude who was Starkiller in The Force Unleashed, voiced Darth Maul and Palpatine in Clone Wars and Rebels. Plus his TV work in Being Human (US version), Smallville, Supergirl among others. His Twitch channel is also good times.
    Yes! Dude is super talented and the main was actually one of the aspects of the game that intrigued me. I finally purchased it so after I'm done with Ghost Of Tsushima I'll be diving right into Days Gone.

Plus, the fact that it wasn't praised for how fucking good it looks is beyond me; one of the best looking games this generation.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Yes! Ghost of Tsushima is great. It's super formulaic but...

-its a great formula
    -Gjost of tsushima does great things with the formula

It comes off as a labor of love.