Page 88 of 155 FirstFirst ... 38 78 86 87 88 89 90 98 138 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,640 of 4626

Thread: What Are You Watching?

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    just watched the first episode of "archer".
    debating WHY i find assholery so damned funny.
    hmmmm...

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Been thinking of rewatching this show again:

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    This scene is perfection:

So beautiful.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Almost finished season 6 of Californication. For some good laughs, enjoy the best

YOU NEVER LISTEN TO ME, YOU NEVER FUCKING LISTEN TO ME, YOU NEVER FUCKING LISTEN TO ME. AAAAAAHHHHHH!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Hail, Caesar! was really, really bad. Virtually nothing redeeming about it. I truly believe the only people who will say it was a good film are people who think the Coen's can do no wrong. And I generally like their films. Would not recommend.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I am a huge motorsport fan (the best years for me were approx. 1995 - 2002 in IndyCars/CART/ChampCars, until IRL/FTG screwed up everything), I was there in 2001 when Alessandro Zanardi almost died, then watched him became a superhero, read his book etc. And now there is this amazing 1 hour documentary in 4K (7.6 GB file) which you can for a few € stream or download from https://vimeo.com/ondemand/nolimitsfilm/151495264 - recommended! NO LIMITS Impossible is Just a Word

https://vimeo.com/stereoscreen/no-li...ficial-trailer

(Also, speaking about motorsport, do not forget there was "Speed Tribe" DVD about 24hr Le Mans with Front 242 music... and then speaking about music "Male or Female" DVD with quite interesting computer graphics... nobody knows these two and that is a pity I think.)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    The latest reissue of the Terminator on Blu-ray. This was the first movie I got on VHS in 96. It looks great now. The special effects are still good too. I heard Genisys is absolutely terrible though. Being a life long Terminator fan, basically since I came out of the womb makes me sad.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Spotlight deserves all the Oscars at this year's ceremony, even those it is not nominated for because clearly, there's been a mistake.

It is so freaking good. There aren't enough superlatives in the English language to describe how good it is.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I just saw Hail, Caesar! earlier this morning and I thought it was hilarious. I enjoyed the zaniness of it as well as the fact that it sort of pays tribute to old-school Hollywood. Josh Brolin, George Clooney, Scar-Jo 3:16, Channing Tatum, and Tilda Swinton were great but the real standout is Alden Ehrenreich who is a fucking hoot. Here is my review of the film: http://thevoid99.blogspot.com/2016/02/hail-caesar.html

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I just saw Hail, Caesar! earlier this morning and I thought it was hilarious. I enjoyed the zaniness of it as well as the fact that it sort of pays tribute to old-school Hollywood. Josh Brolin, George Clooney, Scar-Jo 3:16, Channing Tatum, and Tilda Swinton were great but the real standout is Alden Ehrenreich who is a fucking hoot. Here is my review of the film: http://thevoid99.blogspot.com/2016/02/hail-caesar.html
    What exactly is it even supposed to be out? Commercials literally don't show whatsoever.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    What exactly is it even supposed to be out? Commercials literally don't show whatsoever.
    It came out on Friday. I knew it was coming. Then again, I'm a Coen Brothers fan so I knew it was coming.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    It came out on Friday. I knew it was coming. Then again, I'm a Coen Brothers fan so I knew it was coming.
    I'm fairly familiar and lover the Big Lebowski and Burn After Reading but I have no clue what this is about. I'm not gonna lie, too lazy to look it up.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    last night my wife and i started watching The Quest (there's one season on netflix).

it's a reality show where 12 "paladins" journey to EverRealm to help save the kingdom of Sanctum. it's like a fucking real-life lord of the rings. i can't even imagine how big the budget is for the show. i'm avoiding looking up anything about it until we watch through the whole season. but it's so cool, and so fantastical, and we both kept almost crying because it just seemed too good to be true and we wanted to be a part of it.

also, i love love love that of the 12 contestants, 7 of them are women, and several of them are people of color. it's nice to know they didn't just choose a bunch of nerdy white neckbeards, they chose all kinds of different people who are truly into this stuff. and they all take it so seriously immediately, which makes it even more immersive to watch.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    https://www.funnyordie.com/videos/ad...the-deal-movie
    An hour-long 80's movie parody starring Johnny Depp as Donald Trump, featuring the likes of Ron Howard and Patton Oswalt, among others.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I watched the new Macbeth last night and I loved every second of it. After doing some research online, I learned that the same cast and crew are filming Assassins Creed. My expectations are going to be sky high after seeing Macbeth.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrewHa View Post
    I watched the new Macbeth last night and I loved every second of it. After doing some research online, I learned that the same cast and crew are filming Assassins Creed. My expectations are going to be sky high after seeing Macbeth.
    Where did you see it? My girlfriend and I have been waiting for it since first seeing the trailer months ago (summer perhaps?) and haven't really heard much since.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Been watching some good ol SAMURAI JACK! ((((*wah-shing*))))

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    BBC documentary "How to Die: Simon's Choice", touching. ;-/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b070jm26

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Finally giving it a go.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I want to keep liking Johnny Depp but shit, I dont know anymore.

I mean the Trump thing was probably the greatest acting he has since I dont know when but then he's on the Grammy's doing a supergroup? And that accent that he adopted? Is he Madonna? Help me someone.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    I want to keep liking Johnny Depp but shit, I dont know anymore.

I mean the Trump thing was probably the greatest acting he has since I dont know when but then he's on the Grammy's doing a supergroup? And that accent that he adopted? Is he Madonna? Help me someone.
    I think he's having a mid-life crisis. He wants to be young but he's not getting any younger.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    He was great in Black Mass, though the movie itself was just ok. I think he still has it, but he has to resist taking big-budget quirky lead roles and try more stuff that challenges him.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I started watching Gravity Falls tonight after finding out about it from a Guillermo del Toro re-tweet (he's a big fan) that mentioned the series finale which recently aired. I'm only a few episodes in and I already love it.

Between this, Regular Show, Adventure Time, Over the Garden Wall, etc., it definitely feels like a golden age of cartoons, at least in terms of quality intersecting with weirdness/creativity/fearlessness.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
    I started watching Gravity Falls tonight after finding out about it from a Guillermo del Toro re-tweet (he's a big fan) that mentioned the series finale which recently aired. I'm only a few episodes in and I already love it.

Between this, Regular Show, Adventure Time, Over the Garden Wall, etc., it definitely feels like a golden age of cartoons, at least in terms of quality intersecting with weirdness/creativity/fearlessness.
    my wife and i cried so hard watching the finale. it's such a perfect wrap-up of the show.
    make sure you also watch "between the pines" which is a special where Alex Hirsch (creator/writer/voice of many characters) talks about some of the hidden secrets and other fun stuff.

gonna get a waddles tattoo at some point (maybe also chompers, the goat). i want to get Bill Cipher (don't know if you've met him yet) but idunno.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    The final minutes of Ryan's Daughter by David Lean. My DVR didn't record the entire movie (stupid scheduling) as I'm now trying to finish the ending of a very beautiful but flawed film.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Saw The Witch and liked it. Not great as some of the hype may suggest, but since most horror films these days are pure garbage, it was nice seeing one that wasn't. Its not really a jump scare type of thing, but its more brooding horror that does its thing with suggestion and through the psychology of the characters. It honestly should've been sold as a drama of a family whose relationships are fraying from mistrust more than a horror. Its quite slow and 'indie' though, so I do suspect most of todays audience will be like "Yo dat was wack, boi" when they leave the theatre.
    Last edited by Millionaire; 02-24-2016 at 11:23 PM.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Anomalisa was fucking incredible.
    It's from the screenwriter of Adaptation and Being John Malkovich.
    It's the type of flick that leaves you digesting the underlying theme for a hot minute, and that's my favorite kind, hands down.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Fuller House. Why not? Not nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be, or what "critics" are making it out to be.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    While I wait for the new reformatted Top Gear and the new F1 Season to start.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Saw The Big Short a second time with a friend who'd been interested for a bit. Still loved it. Really surprised what McKay pulled off with it since none of his past films would have ever made me believe he could put together something that interesting about that subject and it feel remotely deep or informative. All around good film and it seemed to do a good job of explaining the situation to someone unfamiliar with it (said friend really had little knowledge on it, other than knowing that something had happened, and they seemed pretty engaged and talked a ton about it afterward on our way out).