Results 2,671 to 2,700 of 4627

Thread: What Are You Watching?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    They added a "Purchase Season" button for Horace and Pete, so I'm finally ready to purchase.

The show has already been canceled after one season because Louis CK financed it himself, so PLEASE help out if you enjoy the show, Louis CK, or just comedy in general. Excellent stuff.
    Oh man, I can't wait to delve into that one. I've heard amazing things about it.

I have too much stuff to watch right now. In addition to "The Americans" and "Daredevil" I've got "Silicon Valley" about to start again, "The Path" on Hulu that I'm about to jump into and I am still trying to finish my rewatch of the first season of "Deadwood." I love having a lot of great TV to jump into but wow can it be a bit overwhelming sometimes.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Jungle Book deserves some love! The pacing is excellent. The film is a true adventure. The scenery is lush, colorful and full of depth. The animals deserve special mention. They are really are the heart of this film. The CG is awesome and the animals' characterizations are spot on. The only real weakness in this film is Mowgli. The actor isn't much good. I give this film a solid 7. It took me to another place and charmed me.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cashpiles View Post
    Jungle Book deserves some love! The pacing is excellent. The film is a true adventure. The scenery is lush, colorful and full of depth. The animals deserve special mention. They are really are the heart of this film. The CG is awesome and the animals' characterizations are spot on. The only real weakness in this film is Mowgli. The actor isn't much good. I give this film a solid 7. It took me to another place and charmed me.
    my friends (who have a new review show via CoS) recently saw and reviewed it

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    @theruiner The Americans is so goddamned good.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    I know! I keep trying to convince people to watch it. So far I've had luck getting a good five or six people to watch. I keep telling my friends, seriously, no one is watching this show and it is one of the best shows on television right now. Just really, really great stuff.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Speaking of Jon Favreau, I just watched his recent film, The Chef. What a tight, down to earth super focused story... and what a heart this film has... super heart-warming. A very unexpected treat watching this film was. John Leguizamo was excellent in his supporting role, as were most of the other supporting cast members. ScarJo was charming, but wasn't given much to work with. Special shout-outs to the actor that plays The Chef's son. Very good performance for someone so young... it stands in surprising contrast to the Jungle Book's lead boy actor's performance. I fully recommend this humble super solid film. (8.5/10)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Over the past two days I have watched (in order from shitty to good): Unfriended, The Gallows, The Forest, The Boy,.............................................. ........The Invitation, The Witch, Midnight Special.

I normally don't watch strings of terrible horror movies but I was playing a bunch of scary flash games recently (The Deep Sleep series and The Rusty Lake series of games) and I needed something not freighting and uninteresting to have in the background. A couple of pixels can be way more freighting then a bunch of screaming twenty somethings pretending to be high school students.

Midnight special was really good although it did occasionally feel like a conglomeration of other movies and concepts I have already seen.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Lemonade, oh my god.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    This Veep premiere is so damn good.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    BBC Louis Theroux: Drinking to Oblivion
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07952b1
    :-/

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Substance242 View Post
    BBC Louis Theroux: Drinking to Oblivion
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07952b1
    :-/
    oh, boy. that sounds like a fun show o.O

jonathan silverman (of weekend at bernie's) was on last night's castle as a mild-mannered city inspector who survives multiple murder attempts haha.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Substance242 View Post
    BBC Louis Theroux: Drinking to Oblivionhttp://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07952b1:-/
    Urgh...i caught this by accident. It was good I felt for the young guy the most. He was handsome, intelligent and nice but the transition after a relapse... seeing him in the street in his underwear, with bottle of vodka, blood over him, fitting, resorting to sleeping in parks.. horrific. That French woman will be dead within the next year too.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Last night I watched an unsettling, but mostly well-executed "found footage" film: Creep. Tonight I just finished The Invitation: another very unsettling film along the same lines story-wise. I recommend both.
    Last edited by cashpiles (closed); 04-28-2016 at 01:15 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    This Veep premiere is so damn good.
    I am just getting caught up on the past few seasons. I don't know how I missed so many episodes.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Finally saw The Hateful Eight. Really entertainig film. I did enjoy the nod at The Thing ​in the final chapter with the score.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Just watched The Exorcist today for the 1st time. Good!

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Watching the first two Captain America movies in anticipation of tomorrow night. I'm gonna be so fucked!

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    Watching the first two Captain America movies in anticipation of tomorrow night. I'm gonna be so fucked!
    *burts in uncontrollable fits of laughter*

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Last edited by Your Name Here; 07-25-2016 at 02:37 PM.

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    I finally started watching game of thrones, and we adore it.

But my wife would rather watch any and everything she can find about WW2, from legitimate docs to speculative conspiracy tinged infotainment to war dramas.
    I am glad she has taken an interest in something after her brain issues-the neurologist suggested hobbies, and i guess a WWII obsession is KIND of a hobby, but good lord, some of it's rough. I can't stand images of the holocaust, for instance. I am more "seeing" the war stuff than i am watching it

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Band of Brothers and The Pacific, i highly recommend those!

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    So, I saw "Green Room" last weekend and I really enjoyed it. It was incredibly intense, to the point that my stomach was in knots for a large portion of the movie (like, my stomach actually, physically felt funny, and it's pretty rare for a movie to affect me like that). It's definitely a genre film and rather forumulaic but I didn't really care because I was enjoying it so much. Plus, I'm pretty sure they did that on purpose anyway.

The only complaint I had is that Patrick Stewart's character wasn't all that interesting. He was good in it, don't get me wrong, but his character was kind of meh. His assistant (played by the same actor who starred in "Blue Ruin") was a lot more interesting to me.

Anyway, minor quibble with an otherwise really good movie. If you don't mind some seriously graphic gore/violence and are looking for a really well made thriller I would definitely recommend it.

Also, "The Americans" continues to be amazing. Also, I'm four episodes into season 2 of "Daredevil" and am stalling big time. I'm trying to work up the enthusiasm to finish the season but it's hard. This season has been a complete dud to me so far.
    Last edited by theruiner; 05-05-2016 at 10:13 AM.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    "Green Room"
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    "Blue Ruin"
    dammit, hollywood

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    dammit, hollywood
    same director

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Yesterday, The Bonfire of the Vanities was on as it's been a while since I've seen it and don't really have any fond memories about it. Yeah, it's one of those films that hasn't gotten any better with age though there's a few moments that are worth watching such as the opening tracking shot, the scene of Tom Hanks and Bruce Willis in a subway, and Hanks just snapping where he grabs a shotgun and demand everyone to get the fuck out of his house.

Other than that, it is a fucking mess and I don't blame de Palma, Morgan Freeman, and anyone else who admit that the film was shit. I wish I could get my hands on Julie Salmon's book about the production which I'm sure if a fun read. I heard about the changes in the novel and the fact that Morgan Freeman's character was actually a white Jewish man but the studio were like "no, we need an African-American to give out this speech about racism and decency". Freeman's monologue is great as it does say a lot about what is wrong with the world though it does feel tacked on in the end. Unfortunately, when his character tells Hanks to go home free. Everyone in that courtroom were like "aw shit!" because they wanted Hanks' character to burn all because he was some rich white guy who gained a soul. I agree with de Palma that Hanks was wrong for the role and John Lithgow would've been a better choice as you could buy him as some blue-blooded rich Wall Street asshole. Oh, such a bad movie.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Got to see Green Room, which I as excited about for a while. Very good thriller, but I don't know if it was as good as Blue Ruin. One thing that bugged me:

Spoiler: While everyone is traped in the green room looking for a phone, there is clearly a landline phone on a tabletop near the door. Did they explain why they couldn't use it? During most of the negotiation scenes there was a loud couple behind me complaining about how they didn't like the movie and contemplating a refund. I missed quite a bit of the dialogue and it might have been explained. Overall, worth seeing.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)

Short film directed by Spike Jonze with a heavy dose of Jodorowsky's style at the end.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Outlander

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Last edited by Your Name Here; 07-25-2016 at 02:09 PM.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Your Name Here View Post
    Into The Wild is one of my favorite movies, it has been a while since I watched it. I never tire of seeing this film. Sean Penn directs and Eddie Vedder provides the soundtrack and it's based on a true story.
    Brilliant film. While it is largely about a man who wanders alone in the woods, I recommend watching it with friends. I did, and the final message of the film (not spoiling it) made me hug them.