Page 192 of 215 FirstFirst ... 92 142 182 190 191 192 193 194 202 ... LastLast
Results 5,731 to 5,760 of 6449

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post
    Due to the lack of concerts in my life at the moment I decided to watch beside you in time.. while reading about it on ninwiki, its stated theres a year Zero ARG clue in the booklet of the bluray, i cannot find it for the life of me, can anyone help me out?
    it's on one of the inside panels of the outer sleeve, you can see it through the case. can't remember exactly what it is (looks like a code in some lines) but someone managed to figure it out at some point.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    From NINwiki: “On February 27th, Beside You In Time was released, and a new website was found through images in the booklet, Solutions Backwards Initiative, which also lead to Secure Broadcast Informatics.”

I didn’t have the DVD until years later and no longer have it, so I don’t personally recall where it was found. Though I think the spine had something to do with it? Or the area near the barcode/halo number? It was something fairly obvious for people who were looking.

EDIT: Nope, I was wrong. Here you go...

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w.../IMAGE_001.jpg

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w.../IMAGE_002.jpg

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w.../IMAGE_003.jpg
    it's actually not on the DVD sleeve, it's only on the blu-ray!

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Has Tront ever said in any interviews the reason why he chose to incorporate that particular line from “In The Hills, The Cities”
    by Clive Barker into the song Sin?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    What's the general consensus on the best version of The Downward Spiral? There are three official versions of the album now. 1994, 2004 remaster, and the 2017 'definitive' edition.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    What's the general consensus on the best version of The Downward Spiral? There are three official versions of the album now. 1994, 2004 remaster, and the 2017 'definitive' edition.
    I very much like the 2017 DE (WAVs)...

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I'm looking for high quality versions of the imagery used in Closure, particularly on the tapes. Does this even exist?

Shot in the dark: did the Closure DVD have more artwork than just the front cover?

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    I'm looking for high quality versions of the imagery used in Closure, particularly on the tapes. Does this even exist?

Shot in the dark: did the Closure DVD have more artwork than just the front cover?
    Same. I'd like to have bigger images to put on the wiki.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Overall I like the 2017 version the best, but it's so compressed that there are some songs that really suffer for it. I Do Not Want This is the worst example.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    Same. I'd like to have bigger images to put on the wiki.
    I found one of the pieces on Russell Mills' website: https://russellmills.com/russell_mil...94-cropped.jpg

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    I found one of the pieces on Russell Mills' website: https://russellmills.com/russell_mil...94-cropped.jpg
    oh wow i forgot about that piece. i'd kill for a print of that.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    oh wow i forgot about that piece. i'd kill for a print of that.
    There are a few limited prints on his website (not of that one) but at Ł300 each, they are quite expensive. You could always try sending him a direct message there if you're prepared to fork over a ton of dough. Might be worth a shot.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    There are a few limited prints on his website (not of that one) but at Ł300 each, they are quite expensive. You could always try sending him a direct message there if you're prepared to fork over a ton of dough. Might be worth a shot.
    sadly i am not prepared to fork over that kind of money. the idea of prints being so expensive has always been strange to me. the original piece? sure, sell it for a fuck ton, you deserve it. but a print? that's like a musician asking someone to pay Ł300 for a copy of their album on vinyl. the same amount of time and effort likely went into making the music as it did making the piece of art. the way visual art is commodified vs. music is just baffling.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Heresy (version) contains a sample from a short documentary on religion called 'Television Believers'. However, the longer sample of a preacher ("In Jesus name, put your hand on the book and demand the devil to get out of your life, to get of your home..." etc) isn't in there at all. Does anyone know where it's from?

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Heresy (version) contains a sample from a short documentary on religion called 'Television Believers'. However, the longer sample of a preacher ("In Jesus name, put your hand on the book and demand the devil to get out of your life, to get of your home..." etc) isn't in there at all. Does anyone know where it's from?
    Easiest way to find out is to ask Charlie Clouser directly. Either on gearslutz forum or reddit.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Can anyone confirm that the version of Reptilian on the Japanese edition of Further Down The Spiral is the same as the one on Halo 7? There's been some confusion about this in the past.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    So, who owns a copy of this and a scanner? It's from 2005.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Can anyone confirm that the version of Reptilian on the Japanese edition of Further Down The Spiral is the same as the one on Halo 7? There's been some confusion about this in the past.
    What confusion has there been?

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Throwing this here to get more eyes: there was a pretty old interview with Rob where he was talking about AATCHB - how they filmed in, what cameras they were using, etc. Any idea where on earth that video might be? I don't know if it was for a TV special, a trade publication, a magazine, or what.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    What confusion has there been?
    There were some users claiming that the version on FDTS was a completely different mix.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    So, who owns a copy of this and a scanner? It's from 2005.

It was done for you in 2005

https://www.theninhotline.com/news/permalink/1118900684

(admittedly, not a very good job, LOL, but it was 2005)
    Last edited by allegro; 05-14-2020 at 02:50 PM.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    It was done for you in 2005

https://www.theninhotline.com/news/permalink/1118900684

(admittedly, not a very good job, LOL, but it was 2005)
    That's why we need an update or at least I do. Asked about the picture with TR some posts back. But nice to see the full article at least.

I've written to REVOLVER directly with little hope today. Let's see...

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    That's why we need an update or at least I do. Asked about the picture with TR some posts back. But nice to see the full article at least.

I've written to REVOLVER directly with little hope today. Let's see...
    This is where you can read the full interview transcript just FYI:

https://www.theninhotline.com/archiv...icle.php?id=51

I have the magazine and can scan the page if you want the photo of TR laying out. But it will be squinched since it's across two pages. :-)

The photo credit is Karin Catt. They do have a website if you want to contact to get highest quality source: https://www.karincatt.com

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    There were some users claiming that the version on FDTS was a completely different mix.
    Maybe someone with a big collection can check?

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Hmmm. Was this his early idea for HTDA?

https://www.theninhotline.com/archiv...cle.php?id=820

Looking For Ms. Goodpipes

By Carolyn Hillard for Suite101.com on October 1, 1999

Trent Reznor has put out the word that he?s looking for a female singer to work on a new project he has in mind. And Nothing Records is taking demo tapes. So if you?re that would-be rising star, you can send your tapes to P.O. Box 161095, Cleveland, Ohio, 44116, or get the info straight from the source by going to http://www.nin.com and searching the grid boxes for the details. No word on what vocal qualities the Rez is looking for. That would be too easy wouldn?t it? Aspiring chanteuses will just have to give it their best shot and hope they?ve got that indefinable quality.

Initially, there were some rumors that the female singer might be used as a backup singer during the upcoming Nine Inch Nails tour. Reznor, posting to his own message board on nin.com, clarified that that was not his intention. In La Rez?s own words: "Someone has started a rumor that the female vocalist position is for singing backups on the tour. It is not. I am starting a new project that will involve someone else singing, probably involved lyrically and most likely female. This is not in place of NIN, I just have a lot of extra material and ideas that I'm excited to try in a different situation. More later..."

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Trent Reznor has put out the word that he?s looking for a female singer to work on a new project he has in mind. And Nothing Records is taking demo tapes. So if you?re that would-be rising star, you can send your tapes to P.O. Box 161095, Cleveland, Ohio, 44116, or get the info straight from the source by going to http://www.nin.com and searching the grid boxes for the details. No word on what vocal qualities the Rez is looking for. That would be too easy wouldn?t it? Aspiring chanteuses will just have to give it their best shot and hope they?ve got that indefinable quality.

Initially, there were some rumors that the female singer might be used as a backup singer during the upcoming Nine Inch Nails tour. Reznor, posting to his own message board on nin.com, clarified that that was not his intention. In La Rez?s own words: "Someone has started a rumor that the female vocalist position is for singing backups on the tour. It is not. I am starting a new project that will involve someone else singing, probably involved lyrically and most likely female. This is not in place of NIN, I just have a lot of extra material and ideas that I'm excited to try in a different situation. More later..."
    I have this vague recollection of reading that Trent had asked Sade to collaborate and she declined and he had some sort of fax on the wall of her rejection. Or I dreamed it and am going mad - I’m sure I’ve searched to try and find evidence to no avail!

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

He'd been looking for a female vocalist for a while. When the With Teeth club tour hit in 2005, he said so many nice things about Carré Callaway that I really did think he was going to produce her album, although that never happened.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    He'd been looking for a female vocalist for a while. When the With Teeth club tour hit in 2005, he said so many nice things about Carré Callaway that I really did think he was going to produce her album, although that never happened.
    glad he at least encouraged her and brought her on tour as an opener. her last two albums have both been phenomenal. i can only imagine how great it would be to hear her and trent actually collaborate.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Yeah, I remember the thing with Sade. He also wanted to work with Aaliyah and then she died.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Not sure if this is the thread for it, but...

Should I order an XS or an S sized Tshirt? I'm 5,5 ft (167 cm), average weight. I'm not sure how big is an S (yes, I see the chart and I am too dumb to understand it).

Also, what sized PTH women's tank would you suggest for someone around 171 cm, B-cup, who would rather have it airy, more free? She's a bit above average weight.

And any significant difference between the two delivery options, if I'm just ordering these two shirts? Thanks, this would be my first nin.com order.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
    this would be my first nin.com order.
    Wishing you the best of luck.