Page 92 of 216 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 102 142 192 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,760 of 6456

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by echoplex31 View Post
    http://trentreznorappreciation.tumbl...t/100870788707 does anyone know where these gifs are from?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Random Meathead question: what does iTrent say at 5:50?

"Later, I will write five albums something something something what a c_nt you are" is what a I hear, but I don't really understand that middle part.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    five albums of songs about what a c_nt you are? seems about right

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thank you.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Sorry if this has been covered before, probably was 10 years ago. I just bought a used mint copy of the 2004 2 cd downward spiral deluxe edition, and noticed there's a half-second noise glitch on disc 1 at the start of "a warm place". Can't tell if it's a bleed over track index error from "big man with a gun" or what the hell. I tried it on both my car and computer stereos and it's evident on both systems. Anyone else notice this or do I just have a bad disc? The disc itself looks mint.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    i've noticed the blip (it's the end of BMWAG) on basically every copy of TDS, remastered or otherwise. most CD players have crappy reading reaction time and skip those first few frames, but obviously computers play back more exactly, so people notice it easily now.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    i've noticed the blip (it's the end of BMWAG) on basically every copy of TDS, remastered or otherwise. most CD players have crappy reading reaction time and skip those first few frames, but obviously computers play back more exactly, so people notice it easily now.
    Good to know I didn't get a weird copy then. Thanks!

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    More reason to not listen to albums on shuffle :P

But yeah mine has it too

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by perceptionnexus View Post
    Sorry if this has been covered before, probably was 10 years ago. I just bought a used mint copy of the 2004 2 cd downward spiral deluxe edition, and noticed there's a half-second noise glitch on disc 1 at the start of "a warm place". Can't tell if it's a bleed over track index error from "big man with a gun" or what the hell. I tried it on both my car and computer stereos and it's evident on both systems. Anyone else notice this or do I just have a bad disc? The disc itself looks mint.
    i've actually always assumed that it was an intentional choice, so that a warm place is never truly as soothing as it could be, because it always starts with that horrible noise.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Not surprising, given the much more obvious track limit errors on Broken — and not one but three of them: first, pinion into wish; second, last into help...; third, happiness... into gave up. More examples found on later albums must be indication of
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean
    More reason to not listen to albums on shuffle :P

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I really appreciate that Trent wants to make his albums a complete listening experience, and so blending one song to another, or abrupt changes between songs, is a good way of doing that. But! I just can't stand it. Seriously. What's wrong with wanting to enjoy a single song in its own right? I think every single NIN album has some form of fade between tracks or bits of the previous track show up at the start of the following one. Certainly when it comes to putting NIN on my iPod I do work around single versions or vinyl rips (Closer To God) or stuff from remix.nin.com (Things Falling Apart) that seem better than my CD rips. I still live in hope that the Fragile re-release will include complete full-length versions of all songs. What are the chances, right?

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    You know what's worse than shuffle? Players that don't do gapless playback. UGH.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    You know what's worse than shuffle? Players that don't do gapless playback. UGH.
    Turntables have perfect gapless playback :P

Though, related, the fact the Discipline single version has SUCH a long outro compared to album is a bit irksome

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipRock View Post
    I really appreciate that Trent wants to make his albums a complete listening experience, and so blending one song to another, or abrupt changes between songs, is a good way of doing that. But! I just can't stand it. Seriously. What's wrong with wanting to enjoy a single song in its own right? I think every single NIN album has some form of fade between tracks or bits of the previous track show up at the start of the following one. Certainly when it comes to putting NIN on my iPod I do work around single versions or vinyl rips (Closer To God) or stuff from remix.nin.com (Things Falling Apart) that seem better than my CD rips. I still live in hope that the Fragile re-release will include complete full-length versions of all songs. What are the chances, right?
    No chance. I for one love when songs are linked by a sound or noise. Also, whats different about the vinyl version of closer to god?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nick999 View Post
    ... Also, whats different about the vinyl version of closer to god?
    I think it's not about vinyl version, it's about "closer to god" version of "closer" which has no traces of "ruiner" in the end.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    What was that damnit?

http://i.imgur.com/HqE6qpu.png

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by telee.kom View Post
    What was that damnit?

http://i.imgur.com/HqE6qpu.png
    a troll most likely

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    or Trent wanted to share some new music with us :O

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    or Trent wanted to share some new music with us :O
    I really hope trent never stoops to the dregs of reddit to share new music

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    thumbnail of the video is guy holding a vinyl in his hand
    http://www.misleddit.com/u/MAD623/

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    thumbnail of the video is guy holding a vinyl in his hand
    http://www.misleddit.com/u/MAD623/
    Looks like that might be MAD (who's done artwork for TOIOU and Recoiled/Uncoiled)

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Looks like that might be MAD (who's done artwork for TOIOU and Recoiled/Uncoiled)
    it's probably him, he speaks Romanian on his profile on reddit and profile here on ETS says he's from Bucharest.
    I'm not sure how much of a creep I am right now

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i've actually always assumed that it was an intentional choice, so that a warm place is never truly as soothing as it could be, because it always starts with that horrible noise.
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    Not surprising, given the much more obvious track limit errors on Broken — and not one but three of them: first, pinion into wish; second, last into help...; third, happiness... into gave up. More examples found on later albums must be indication of
    i hate to burst more bubbles, but the mastering engineer sets track boundaries, and it's been very common until recent years to program those start markers to start 10-12 CD frames ahead (in order to cope with the pesky slow CD player lasers), which means nobody would really know or care how much of the preceding CD track would be at the 'proper' start of the following track until they got a copy and ripped it to their hard drive... which wasn't commonly happening until The Fragile was coming out.

Quote Originally Posted by ChipRock View Post
    i agree mostly. he did change stuff like the download version of The Slip so the track boundaries are exact, probably just for this reason.

Quote Originally Posted by nick999 View Post
    No chance. I for one love when songs are linked by a sound or noise. Also, whats different about the vinyl version of closer to god?
    Ben was probably assuming right (about the lack of "Ruiner" segue), although i think ChipRock was talking about "Closer" with the full ending, not the remix. curiously, though, the promo vinyl of CTG actually fades out the end of the remix.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I remember one of my friends in junior high complaining back in like 1996 that the track markers were totally fucked up on his copy of TDS that he just bought. I think he said it was a recent newly pressed version that had recently come out.

Yeah, it sucked last night. I sat down and cranked up my stereo to enjoy "a warm place" and just close my eyes and relax, and that fucking blip scared the shit out of me!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Opeth did the same thing on their Damnation album. Their one heavy track ends abruptly and you hear a splice of it at the beginning of the next track. That's the nice thing about iTunes, that you can take stuff like that out, but you have to get it absolutely right.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    To me that's like saying you wish the cuts on a dvd between scenes were cleaner because you just want to skip to the best one, if an artist makes an album to be listened to as an album, then that's what it is, a composition that has many parts to its whole

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Redbook CD is a particularly bad format for this because each second of audio is sliced into 75 distinct "frames" of audio (each containing 588 16-bit stereo PCM samples) so there's no way to put the marker exactly where you want it. It's always going to be slightly wrong. At least NIN CDs are truly gapless, though; the TR&AR soundtrack CDs sometimes are not.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by perceptionnexus View Post
    I remember one of my friends in junior high complaining back in like 1996 that the track markers were totally fucked up on his copy of TDS that he just bought. I think he said it was a recent newly pressed version that had recently come out.
    i thought that was a first pressing error — the one where "Reptile," among others, starts several minutes in from its proper starting point.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    i thought that was a first pressing error — the one where "Reptile," among others, starts several minutes in from its proper starting point.
    Could be the first Australian pressings that suffered from this:
    http://www.nincollector.com/archive/...stpressing.htm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Not sure if anyone caught that HITFIX article in which Trent mentions he's going to be involved with something for the next several years... Do you guys think he may be scoring that new David Fincher tv show, Utopia? Fincher has said he will be directing the entire first season. Just a thought.