Page 26 of 102 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 ... LastLast

Thread: Nine Inch Nails - 2014 Tour Discussion/Speculation

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Is poor allesandro going to be a bit tired playing both support AND main act?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I hope Robin does this one day.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Is poor allesandro going to be a bit tired playing both support AND main act?
    But he is only standing in one place and smacking keyboards... He should be fine with that I believe. ;-)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Actually if he plays like he actually does he's likely not to be standing ^^

But that's a great news, I've always found Alessandro's live performances (Both from his Forse & Blindoldfreak area) really intense. Definitly a great way to do a warm up.
    Only thing I wonder is how long his performance is going to be, since you know... modular synthetizers & patch recall aren't really compatible.
    But well, I think he owns several systems (buchla, makenoise, verbos...) so he could prepare a different song on each one but I would think those systems would be dedicated to the NIN show if they go for a more "electronic" setlist.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    So Allesandro is playing an "instrumental" set opening for NIN in Japan. (via Twitter, with picture)
    So Japan gets something amazing and we get fucking Cold Cave. If that's not recorded by fans I'll hit someone

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Come live to Belarus then! We're never getting any shows cancelled here! Because we aren't getting any scheduled in the first place. Not just NIN - anything.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    So Japan gets something amazing and we get fucking Cold Cave. If that's not recorded by fans I'll hit someone
    Can't be worse than Ladytron, though I don't mind if it is if the main event is going to be like 2007.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Come live to Belarus then! We're never getting any shows cancelled here! Because we aren't getting any scheduled in the first place. Not just NIN - anything.
    is there a music scene at all in Belarus/Minsk?

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    ^^
    There are local bands of course, but none of them any big, and just a couple are known outside our country (and by this I mean Russia and Ukraine, hardly anywhere else).
    I'm also exaggerating a little bit by saying that no one comes here. They do, but just a small fraction of what comes through Rus/Ukr.
    And that's it for offtopic from my side.
    Last edited by fillow; 02-19-2014 at 08:40 AM.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    Can't be worse than Ladytron, though I don't mind if it is if the main event is going to be like 2007.
    Say whaaaaaaaaat? How can Ladytron be worse than CC?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    So, Nine Inch Nails is playing Bonnaroo then?
    http://www.billboard.com/articles/ne...source=twitter

No Nine Inch Nails on the announced lineup

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
    Say whaaaaaaaaat? How can Ladytron be worse than CC?
    I like Ladytron on CD but when I saw them support NIN in 2007 it was atrocious

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skullboy0 View Post

Wow. So the cancellation story is less shitty now.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I'm just wondering if NIN will cancel (or not) the show in Kiev. It's pretty heavy there right now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    well, after listening to the recent interview I am more inclined to believe that these dates were cancelled to have more time for working on Gone Girl soundtrack / working on other stuff (considering situation in Ukraine as well)

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by acidpolly View Post
    well, after listening to the recent interview I am more inclined to believe that these dates were cancelled to have more time for working on Gone Girl soundtrack
    I donno about that, the movie comes out to US cinemas for public viewing on Oct 3rd of this year. Generally, a S/T should be done and ready to go a few months before the release of the film to allow time for editing and post-production. The movie needs to be in a final form at least a month ahead of time to screen to critics and people who worked on the film. I mean, could make sense... Let's say Fincher and company gave them a deadline to hand their work in my July 1st, that makes total sense that Trent cancelled that last week of shows so he could fly back early and finish out the soundtrack in person with Atticus.

I'm just worried the 2nd North American leg of touring has been scrapped now due to Gone Girl. I really wanted to get my NIN fix in one more time before they go on another 3-5 year touring hiatus. Probably won't be, I think Trent said what, they were gonna be back in the mid to late summer? So 6-8 weeks of touring starting at the end of July and going to the end of September makes sense.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skullboy0 View Post

Found them: SuperJam with Skrillex and Friends

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I donno about that, the movie comes out to US cinemas for public viewing on Oct 3rd of this year. Generally, a S/T should be done and ready to go a few months before the release of the film to allow time for editing and post-production. The movie needs to be in a final form at least a month ahead of time to screen to critics and people who worked on the film. I mean, could make sense... Let's say Fincher and company gave them a deadline to hand their work in my July 1st, that makes total sense that Trent cancelled that last week of shows so he could fly back early and finish out the soundtrack in person with Atticus.

I'm just worried the 2nd North American leg of touring has been scrapped now due to Gone Girl. I really wanted to get my NIN fix in one more time before they go on another 3-5 year touring hiatus. Probably won't be, I think Trent said what, they were gonna be back in the mid to late summer? So 6-8 weeks of touring starting at the end of July and going to the end of September makes sense.
    hey but this really doesn't make sense. why cancelling something AFTER the movie is definitely finished? Trent was talking about US leg in autumn, I don't see why it can't happen.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by acidpolly View Post
    hey but this really doesn't make sense. why cancelling something AFTER the movie is definitely finished? Trent was talking about US leg in autumn, I don't see why it can't happen.
    That's right, once the soundtrack is finished he can always book shows in the US, just heard it was supposed to wrap up before Autumn started. Either way, after Gone Girl, what else does he have left on his plate (that we know of)? The Fragile re-issue and just to tour North America again.

He probably cancelled the dates to meet the Soundtrack deadline and maybe pushed back/delayed the US tour. Then once that ends in the fall he can have his "clear head space" to finish up those Fragile demos for a 2015 release.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I encourage those in cities with canceled shows to boycott that gone girl movie and soundtrack

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    I encourage those in cities with canceled shows to boycott that gone girl movie and soundtrack
    Oh, I would be goddamn FURIOUS if NIN cancelled a date in my city/town without a good reason. I had Billy Corgan cancel his Smashing Pumpkins gig in 2012 here in Vancouver only to go and schedule another show in the states instead (In Missola Montanna) on the SAME night the Vancouver show was to take place. The band offered no official statement on why they cancelled the Vancouver show and rebooked another show at the LAST MINUTE! It was literally less than a week away they cancelled the show and created a last minute booking out of nowhere for this city in the US. Vancouver fans were furious. People tried to reach out to members of the band, and they wouldn't reply. That's really bad fanservice if you ask me. I mean, with NIN... yeah it sucks, it's a shitty thing, but at least they are cancelling the shows months in advance, not a week before. My girlfriend and I still hold a grudge against Billy Corgan for doing that, we swore off ever attending one of his shows or giving him another cent of our money again.

I wouldn't want NIN fans to go to that extreme of never giving Trent another cent, or boycotting his shows ever again, but it's a shitty thing to experience when you are stoked that you're favourite band is coming to town only to have them cancel.

Actually, funny thing... after Smashing Pumpkins cancelled their show (It was Oct 7th, I won't forget the date), another band the week after (exactly 1 week after on the 14th) cancelled their Vancouver gig as well, the NIGHT BEFORE claiming they couldn't get there because of road conditions. But the roads weren't bad, it was fall, it wasn't even winter and it was pouring rain outside. So I was VERY pissed off because not 1, but 2 shows I was really looking forward to from some artists I loved cancelled their gigs last minute. So yeah, on one hand, I feel for everyone that got their shows cancelled, but on another hand, at least they gave plenty of noice and nobody had already left their house and were on a plane to one of those citys and then the show got cancelled, because that would have sucked even more.

Tons of people did that for Kanye West here in Vancouver. They came from all across the province, even from other provinces (Alberta) for the show here that was scheduled last fall (in October again... wow... what is with shows getting cancelled in October?) Anyway... Kanye cancelled his Vancouver show claiming there was a truck malfunction and he couldn't get to Vancouver, so instead he heads to San Fransisco to propose to... whatever her name is... kardhasian?? (spelled that wrong), so fans were going to twitter and giving him a piece of mind. Alot of those fans travelled to the show and it got cancelled day of... oh, and to make matters worse... he rescheduled the Vancouver date for Halloween (10 or 11 days after he was originally supposed to come) annnd... he cancelled THAT show as well! What a fuckin' joke that guy is. Instead he went trick or treating in LA with his daughter. Way to be loyal to your fans eh?

That's so shitty though, because all the people that went to Vancouver not once, but TWICE, yes... some people flew out TWICE to have the concert cancelled on them both times! That is some serious bullshit right there.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    ^^^i had no idea Vancouver had been so shit on recently. I'm feeling a bit worried about the Cardiff and Birmingham shows in the UK, even lady gaga is only playing 4 or 5 arena shows this October

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    ^^^i had no idea Vancouver had been so shit on recently. I'm feeling a bit worried about the Cardiff and Birmingham shows in the UK, even lady gaga is only playing 4 or 5 arena shows this October
    Just had a look at general availability for UK shows, amazed to find out you can still buy row B seats in a block quite near the stage on the upper level of the O2....no shows sold out...I'd still be shocked if any were cancelled, as I imagine he sees the UK as one of the most lucrative european markets, and that would be quite damaging from a PR point of view. Fingers crossed no more cancellations.

Vancouver does seem to be getting a bad deal going back to ManBurnings post - KW is an asshole (like we didn't already know that...).

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    ^^when I last looked there were only a few blocks at the back of the 02 upper tier with tickets left - I'd be pretty pissed off if I'd bought nosebleed tickets at the back in January to find closer ones available a month later, I don't even know how ticketing works anymore.

If bands are in on it trying to inflate prices then they deserve to play to half empty venues, but if the bands aren't making anything from this and ticketmaster are just profiteering from this, then I think it sucks and the government should do something.

I looked into getting tickets for lady gaga the other day, it didn't say 'sold out' or anything so I tried and got directly linked to Get Me In, a tout site, so these companies are officially partnering with fucking profiteers! Ugh it makes me mad

Also my sister and I had to sell some Depeche Mode tickets last year and I managed to do it on eBay and sell them for face value with a 5 % charge - however I think eBay have partnered with some ticketing site too and I tried to use this but they charged a ridiculous percentage so I'd have had to charge £120 for £90 tickets just to break even. I didn't want to do that so just used normal ebay
    Last edited by WorzelG; 02-20-2014 at 12:36 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    sorry for double post but I'm not being allowed to edit at the moment and I've just thought of something that irks me - I think another symptom of the press and competitiveness in music is that bands aren't allowed to just put tickets on sale in an arena and just have them sell slowly over time in a drip drip - there is this whole pressure to sell out as quickly as you can - so you have ludicrous statements like with Lady Gaga above - UK tour sold out in 90 seconds - how the fuck is that possible,there isn't even time for people to put in credit card info in 90 secs? its all hype and PR, and I find it so annoying, once a band gets on the hype circus, I just tune out. What next. a band sells out a venue before they're even on sale? It's like ticketmaster just load most of the tickets onto tout sites. and then when people aren't prepared to pay astronomical amounts, they get fed back to the normal sale slowly. I don't know if this is the case but it isn't fair for people who just want to pay a fair price, and expect best available tickets when they try for tickets - these people might not try again later or realise the true situation and the bands have lost a sale

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    Yeah! Let's make sure Trent knows that the fans want him to prioritize touring over creating music! /sarcasm

. . . Seriously, I feel bad for people that have been planning on going to these canceled concerts. It definitely sucks, but that doesn't mean Trent (or anyone else) is necessarily at fault.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    sorry for double post but I'm not being allowed to edit at the moment and I've just thought of something that irks me - I think another symptom of the press and competitiveness in music is that bands aren't allowed to just put tickets on sale in an arena and just have them sell slowly over time in a drip drip - there is this whole pressure to sell out as quickly as you can - so you have ludicrous statements like with Lady Gaga above - UK tour sold out in 90 seconds - how the fuck is that possible,there isn't even time for people to put in credit card info in 90 secs? its all hype and PR, and I find it so annoying, once a band gets on the hype circus, I just tune out. What next. a band sells out a venue before they're even on sale? It's like ticketmaster just load most of the tickets onto tout sites. and then when people aren't prepared to pay astronomical amounts, they get fed back to the normal sale slowly. I don't know if this is the case but it isn't fair for people who just want to pay a fair price, and expect best available tickets when they try for tickets - these people might not try again later or realise the true situation and the bands have lost a sale
    I agree with pretty much everything you said other than the bolded part. It probably takes me less than 30 seconds to but tickets from TM (assuming I don't have to "wait in line" and have a good internet connection)- all your CC info is stored in your profile when you sign in, as long as it all goes smoothy after being signed in you only have to enter in the 3 digit security code.

Unless your being sarcastic, then never mind. :P

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Found them: SuperJam with Skrillex and Friends
    "Call 9-1-1 now! I wanna fuck you like an animal!!!!"

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    I agree with pretty much everything you said other than the bolded part. It probably takes me less than 30 seconds to but tickets from TM (assuming I don't have to "wait in line" and have a good internet connection)- all your CC info is stored in your profile when you sign in, as long as it all goes smoothy after being signed in you only have to enter in the 3 digit security code.

Unless your being sarcastic, then never mind. :P
    Oh I didn't realise this, I don't have a ticketmaster account. I still don't believe the shows sold out to real people who will attend the show in 90 secs though, I think thousands were siphoned off into rip off tout sites

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Oh I didn't realise this, I don't have a ticketmaster account. I still don't believe the shows sold out to real people who will attend the show in 90 secs though, I think thousands were siphoned off into rip off tout sites
    Did you watch Dispatches on Channel 4 a couple of years ago - it was widely acknowledged within the industry that premium seats will be released to secondary ticket selling agents before they go on sale, adn there was lots of secret filing etc highlighting the scumbags activities? I believe there was a suggestion that money changed hands with concert promoters as part of the arrangement - though my memory's a little cloudy two years down the road! Article about the programme here anyway.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-17151727

Wonder if you can catch it on Catch Up - quite an eye opener....