Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN Confessions

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Riiiiiiiight...

So did you do that yet?
    Yep. It was bothering me for awhile because I really love NIN but to not listen to The Fragile felt real shitty. Also managed to finally get my hands on Still, which is also pretty great.

Also in regards to an earlier post, I fucking love Not So Pretty Now and Getting Smaller.
    Last edited by nooneimportant; 09-21-2014 at 10:33 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Here's my confession : Copy of a is, in my opinion, one the best songs Reznor has ever written. But I don't get the lyrics at all. It's hard to describe this feeling. Although the "Copy of a copy of a copy of a..." loop magically serves the music, everything else is just meaningless.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkė View Post
    Here's my confession : Copy of a is, in my opinion, one the best songs Reznor has ever written. But I don't get the lyrics at all. It's hard to describe this feeling. Although the "Copy of a copy of a copy of a..." loop magically serves the music, everything else is just meaningless.
    maybe it's because those lyrics are actually very straightforward and more or less all of the verses deal with being replaceable, generic, of no value. no other hidden meaning in it.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I haven't listened to any of the three soundtracks all the way through and haven't seen any of their respective movies.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I haven't listened to any of the three soundtracks all the way through and haven't seen any of their respective movies.
    +1 except I have listened to the GG st all the way..the others I've mostly skimmed through/listened about half way.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    but why? i like the soundtracks (collectively) more than most NIN (oh, yeah, there's my confession), and the movies have all been stellar. is it an intentional decision or have you just never gotten around to it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My little confession : despite being a NIN fan for a considerate number of years, I only got to see a live show this May (the variety of reasons why I will not bore anyone with). I'm cool with it though, as it was breathtaking from start to finish, and well worth the wait.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    i haven't listened to a single track off ghosts (minus what i heard during the lits shows -- i even bought the deluxe edition because the packaging was dope), any of tsn soundtrack, any of tgwtdt soundtrack, and have no interest in hearing anything from gg.

i'm clearly not the only one on this board.

no particular reason, just not into hours of instrumentals. i thought the movies were great (and i tore through larsson's book trilogy), though.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    I haven't heard the scores, either. I've only heard clips from them. It's not that I don't want to, I just don't buy soundtracks these days for some reason. I did see the the first two films, though, and I plan on seeing GG.
    Last edited by piggy; 10-03-2014 at 09:59 PM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I've heard all of the scores but haven't seen the movies. I hardly watch movies anymore, so it probably won't happen any time soon.

Haven't read TGWTDT either, but I might get to it eventually.

(Not the first time I've bought a soundtrack album without any intention of seeing the movie. I got The Accidental Tourist after hearing some of it on TV, but didn't see the movie until years later when I was bored and it was on TV. It was all very … accidental.)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I never cared for Sunspots (actually ranked it as one of my least fav NIN songs) until about a week ago.

That song is the ultimate grower. It took me literally ten years to finally appreciate it. I'm not sure why, but all of a sudden one day it was like an entirely different song that I just loved completely. Weird how things just click like that sometimes.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    The only song that I do not like from the NIN catalog is "The Hand That Feeds." Makes me cringe.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pwing47 View Post
    I never cared for Sunspots (actually ranked it as one of my least fav NIN songs) until about a week ago.

That song is the ultimate grower. It took me literally ten years to finally appreciate it. I'm not sure why, but all of a sudden one day it was like an entirely different song that I just loved completely. Weird how things just click like that sometimes.
    SAME. I used to HATE this song up until a few months ago. And then the same thing happened. One day, I was just like "This is pretty rad". And now I listen to it pretty frequently.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I go to bed every night listening to a Nine Inch Nails concert; usually something from Reflecting in the Chrome. Some nights it's Live at Reading from 2007, sometimes it's the Virginia Beach show from the With Teeth Summer tour, sometimes it's the Kansas City show from the NIN/JA tour with that amazing rendition of Now I'm Nothing. Point is, I almost never go to sleep listening to any other band anymore.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinata89 View Post
    The only song that I do not like from the NIN catalog is "The Hand That Feeds." Makes me cringe.
    I'm pretty sure it's scientifically impossible to make such a statement, if you are being literal. I get the THTF hate, but that is just way too big of a jump considering the variety of the NIN-catalog.

Hm, my confession is that I only have 1 legitimate NIN-release, so basically I'm a cheap fuck.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    all of those movies are actually very good. Fincher is one of the best guys out there

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hani View Post
    all of those movies are actually very good. Fincher is one of the best guys out there
    I've only seen TGWTDT (it was free). I'm not a huge fan of his films anyway, and TSN has enough actors I dislike to make me not care. Gone Girl I've been told the ending many times over, so I care little to see that too.

But I listen to the scores often.

(and I've not seen a couple of the Atticus scored films, because really, Broken City look bad)

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    If I could tear myself away from the net for two+ hours, I might watch Dragon Tattoo.

Edit: And with that, I proceed to spend the next two hours watching … the new Live in Australia video.

It's all about priorities.
    Last edited by Joy Prevention Hotline; 12-26-2014 at 12:30 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c0f3d View Post
    i haven't listened to a single track off ghosts

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I only picked up my physical copy of HM today. I don't know why I waited this long, but hey, it was worth it. Even though i've already seen scans of the art, it looks fantastic in person.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I never got to see the Lights In The Sky tour in person. I failed so hard.

BUT at least I have the This One Is On Us DVD. Also, if you watch that version of Only on a UHD TV with the 3D function, it'll blow your fucking mind.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    i haven't listened to a single track off ghosts (minus what i heard during the lits shows -- i even bought the deluxe edition because the packaging was dope), any of tsn soundtrack, any of tgwtdt soundtrack, and have no interest in hearing anything from gg.

i'm clearly not the only one on this board.

no particular reason, just not into hours of instrumentals. i thought the movies were great (and i tore through larsson's book trilogy), though.
    Have you listened to Ghosts yet?

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Have you listened to Ghosts yet?
    nuh uh.

#10chars

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    nuh uh.

#10chars
    Ghosts I is 27 minutes, surely you can handle that?

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    sure i could.

but i'm alright.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I like Radiohead way more than Nine Inch Nails.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    nuh uh.

#10chars
    Listen please.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Listen please.
    i liked what i heard during the three lits shows i attended.

only went and got a pretzel once.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    i liked what i heard during the three lits shows i attended.

only went and got a pretzel once.

Go listen naow!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    I like Radiohead way more than Nine Inch Nails.
    i like radiohead, too, but not more than NIN...i also don't associate the two bands at all. what made you compare them?

side note: i think "the king of limbs" is the worst thing radiohead has ever done. it is so BORING. in rainbows took a while to grow on me but i love it, now. i literally couldn't listen to TKOL more than twice because i found it so tedious. and then thom put out that new solo album which is also incredibly boring. i wish they'd go back to the kid a/amnesiac days and experiment in worthwhile/interesting ways again.