Page 42 of 54 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1614

Thread: Add Violence Back Cover...ARG?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Are we really getting angry about font colors Crumbs i might start putting all mine in Orange

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I think i got it, guys! On the latest pictutes TR is wearing leather jacket and sunglasses pretty similar to that from Terminator movies. So he kind of telling us that he is from the future. And he is also a robot. And an elf. In the future our modern music is retrowave of some sort. So the clue is how "retrowavey" Add Violence sound (for some people. They say it has "Stranger Things" vibe which i don't get. OST of Stranger things is more of Carpenter style, i guess). All of the songs from NTAE, AD and the future EP are dedicated to this futuristic elven cybernetics.

I can't prove the elf part yet, but wait for the third EP!

And no, i am not on drugs.
    Last edited by define; 07-24-2017 at 11:51 AM. Reason: опечатки

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadeout54321 View Post
    Looks like there may have been a t-shirt? The quote below is from the last line of this article from the LA Daily News.

"We even heard that a special Nine Inch Nails T-shirt sale is set for Sunday, when the band headlines. You’re gonna want to get closer."

I haven't seen any mentions on social media for a special NIN shirt from FYF. Given the bad pun & vague reporting, I'm thinking this is just a misunderstanding based on the Frank Ocean hype.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    If they used morse code in the FYF flyer, could this clip from TBW be code as well?
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's morse. I'm listening to it over and over, but it's pretty flippin' fast. Trying to get what I can out of it without having the ability to slow it down. Just getting all manner of seemingly nonsensical letters out of it at that speed. It's been a while since I coded this fast...I'll keep trying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Detunez View Post
    you can all call me batshit crazy but either way, this is my interpretation of the Back Cover ARG:

this is the official image for the Back Cover: http://www.nin.com/nine-inch-nails-a...ce-back-cover/

Code:
    ABORT                   = PANIC BUTTON 
    TOLERANCE               = OFF because... 
    BIAS                           = ON 
    ABSOLUTE                = ON and it is not CONDITIONAL 
    COMPLEXITY              = ADAPTIVE and not MAXIMUM nor MANUAL, but at a LOW LEVEL 
    HIDDEN                    = TAPED over BROKEN BUTTON with a MISSING SCREW on the RIGHT 
    D.O.F.                    = it is at level 6 on a scale from 1 to 8  
    PRESENCE                = STRONG and not WEAK at LEVEL 24.2 and 40.2 with 4 inputs or outputs 
    S.A.S.C.                = +007516M with 3 red buttons 
    EVENT INTENSITY         = .01 and -40 
    BIAS calibration screw   = CENTERED 
    STRUCTURE               = ON while FUNCTION is off 
    APPERCEPTION            = PL activated, it does not GRASP and it does not SENSE, but it is OBLIVION on a SCALE bellow ... 
    STATISFACTION           = MI activated, it is INERTIA and not STRIVE and not SELF DESTRUCT on a HIGHER scale than APPERCEPTION 
    MORALE                  = MI activated, it is ISOLATE and not INTEGRATE and not DISRUPT 
    DISORDER                = PL activated, it is REGRESS and not EVOLVE and not STALE 
    SUBMISION               = PL activated, it is RESTRAIN and not PINION and not RELEASE, it is a red and important button 

CONTROL and MONITORING THE ACTIVE WORLD = IDLE and not in a CYCLE 

SHORT TERM RESET        = is not ARCHIVE and not DELETE but an EVENT 
    KDSV TYPE               = +0.7 and an ADVANCEMENT              
    DEVIATION               = 85122 and the EST to TERMINATE THE EVENT = 2022 
    ANXIETY                 = is at HIGH LEVELS and it is not ADVANCED SELF AWARENESS but it AMPLIFIES CHAOS with 4 input/outputs 
    ENGAGE                  = OFF but the SIMULATION is ON and the arrow indicator insinuates INPUT 
    switch                  = is not OFF but set between MANUAL and ADD VIOLENCE while it is not AUTOMATIC 
    reset                   = a reset button is present

There is a red book sitting next to the machine.

Now here is the batshit crazy part, and excuse me if it is wrong beyond belief:

There is a panic button for when things go wrong. there is no tolerance because there is a bias. It is absolute and not conditional. Everything is adaptive and complex but at the same time it happens at a low level. that which was Broken has been taped up and is missing a screw. The destroyer is set to a mediocre level but its presence is strong. The bias is centered.

There is some structure but for that some function had to be turned off. Looking into yourself is oblivion, you cant grasp it and it does not make sense. All of that does not measure up to Statisfaction which is inertia propelling you. it does not strive to be mr. self destruction. Morale does not disrupt and it does not integrate, it is isolated. Disorder is regression, it is stale and it does not evolve. Submision is restraining yourself, but not being restrained (pinion). Which is an important factor.

The active monitoring of the world is idle and not stuck in a cycle. A short term reset could be done trough archival or deletion, it is an event. There is an advancement with a deviation. The estimated time for the termination of the event is set to 2022.

There are high levels of anxiety. It is not a form of advanced self awareness, but it does amplify chaos. It is not engaging but the simulation is running. The switch to it all is lingering between doing it manual, but also adding violence. It is not automatic and it has not been turned off.

There is a reset button to start over, or abandon it all.

- Pinion: starts off silently and build up to an agressive sound
    - MR. self destruct: ends in noise

The past is being simulated. Broken and The downward spiral. The past NiN music was violent or depressing. The destroyer button might be Year zero.
    If I remember well, it was Angry Sniper/Be The Hammer who was encouraging people to act violently to "wake up" people, to rebel against the Government and the status quo in YZ

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Meizei View Post
    If I remember well, it was Angry Sniper/Be The Hammer who was encouraging people to act violently to "wake up" people, to rebel against the Government and the status quo in YZ
    The hammer: http://www.nin.wiki/Be_the_Hammer
    Might the numbers be back in the Back Cover ? : http://www.nin.wiki/24.10.5#24.10.5

However (if i did not make a crazy mistake with all of this), might the Back Cover also not be a partial self-reference for Trent Reznor ?

edit:
    i am trying to do this without reading what came before, so appologies. I was hoping some people would jump on the wagon if they might not have been attempting to figure this out before the 40 pages of this thread too.
    Last edited by Detunez; 07-24-2017 at 01:15 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    However (if i did not make a crazy mistake with all of this), might the Back Cover also not be a partial self-reference for Trent Reznor ?
    Yeah, and it's important because...

*Hey, guys, just wanted to show you something. SEE HOW ANXIOUS AND UNSATISFIED I AM??????*

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by define View Post
    Yeah, and it's important because...

*Hey, guys, just wanted to show you something. SEE HOW ANXIOUS AND UNSATISFIED I AM??????*
    No, as in telling the listener that he isnt mr. selfdestruct anymore as there is no progress to be made trough that behaviour.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    After a weekend away and walking into this thread:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    No, as in telling the listener that he isnt mr. selfdestruct anymore as there is no progress to be made trough that behaviour.
    I don't think so... We already know that he isn't this guy he was two decades ago. So it's pointless. May be you are a bit right though. And this image somewhat describes the lyrical hero of his songs from these EPs. And this guy is pretty mr self-destructy if you know what i mean. Like... he's "made of wires" (if he thinks of himself as of some electronic device with knobs and shit) and he even planned his suicide to... somewhere in 2022. But i think it's not the representation or metaphor of something. It is a piece of equipment that allows you to... I don't know... manipulate with some events and masses of people, it seems...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by define View Post
    I don't think so... We already know that he isn't this guy he was two decades ago. So it's pointless. May be you are a bit right though. And this image somewhat describes the lyrical hero of his songs from these EPs. And this guy is pretty mr self-destructy if you know what i mean. Like... he's "made of wires" (if he thinks of himself as of some electronic device with knobs and shit) and he even planned his suicide to... somewhere in 2022. But i think it's not the representation or metaphor of something. It is a piece of equipment that allows you to... I don't know... manipulate with some events and masses of people, it seems...
    Yeah. It is realy hard to not get lost in the concepts as it is so easy to see what you want to think about it - a confirmation bias. But now that you mention "he thinks of himself as of some electronic device with knobs and shit" you might as wel go so far as to see the "machine" on the cover as the "knobs and wires" in the character his head. lol.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by madpew View Post
    Do you guys still need more to finally believe we're in an ARG?
    They told us the backcover is "important", they put the obvious clues in the ThisIsn'tThePlace video, even credited 42Entertainment.
    We have found extra lyrics that make sense after puzzling with them, we found morse in a festival flyer, we found morse in a song from the NTAE EP. We found a website (even though it's still empty).
    There is no reason to wait for the 2nd component or the third EP, there's already stuff hidden in plain sight. But it seems many are just too lazy to search and investigate and just need an excuse to wait.
    Before I say this I want to make clear that I do think that something cool is going on. That said, the only conclusive thing we have is the TITP video. The fact that you can rearrange the extra lyrics to make sense means nothing, especially considering you have to ignore certain words to do it, and the fact that everyone who has done it has come up with a different solution. The morse code in the flyer hasn't been translated to anything that makes sense, and may not be morse code at all (though I hope it is). The "morse code" in the song is probably nothing. You can get weird stuff like that in a lot of songs if you zoom that much into the waveform. And finally, the website is clearly a fake. It was put up after the name of the EP was announced and is far below the standards of professionalism of every other website NIN's ever been a part of. So we have ONE conclusive hint at something. Everything else is complete guesses with no real evidence.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    so i worked a little bit more with the morse code;
    i ended up with:
    meet u 4I
    NM
    DDT

not sure if this is a find
    i googled 4I NM DDT and info on a DDT contamination in NM came up
    but so did rock hard concrete and directional drills.
    Last edited by muse-lyre candy; 07-24-2017 at 01:53 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    Before I say this I want to make clear that I do think that something cool is going on. That said, the only conclusive thing we have is the TITP video. The fact that you can rearrange the extra lyrics to make sense means nothing, especially considering you have to ignore certain words to do it, and the fact that everyone who has done it has come up with a different solution. The morse code in the flyer hasn't been translated to anything that makes sense, and may not be morse code at all (though I hope it is). The "morse code" in the song is probably nothing. You can get weird stuff like that in a lot of songs if you zoom that much into the waveform. and finally, the website is clearly a fake. It was put up after the name of the EP was announced and is far below the standards of professionalism of every other website NIN's ever been a part of. So we have ONE conclusive hint at something. Everything else is complete guesses with no real evidence.
    This is where I'm at right now. Something is going on, something cool, but we don't have the necessary pieces to go any further.

If we were to not get any more to go on, this would just be an awesome homage and connection to an album / universe released 10 years ago, but I think people are getting too hyped up about the potential, expecting it to be the second ARG without any solid basis for that.

With that being said, I'm still constantly F5ing here and on discord most hours of the day hoping for something else to happen.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The code on the flyer was definitely "meet us at," it's just the last bit that we are undecided on. One of the guys at the pop-up merch stand confirmed it was about them. We didn't did a perfect job, but we got close enough for the people at the festival to confirm it. I think we can call this a confirmed "thing."
    Last edited by Malashaan; 07-24-2017 at 01:52 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Honestly, even if there is no arg, It's been a whole lot of fun. Worst case scenario? We question everything. Something we should do more often.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    there's already stuff hidden in plain sight
    (pretty much redundant. spoiler alert; madpew posted a better shortened version)

hid·den

/ˈhidn/

adjective

in/in/

preposition

• 1.expressing the situation of something that is or appears to be enclosed or surrounded by something else: "living in Deep River"synonyms:inside, within, in the middle of, surrounded by, enclosed by
    • 2.expressing a period of time during which an event takes place or a situation remains the case: "they met in 1885"synonyms:during, in the course of, over

adverb

• 1.expressing movement with the result that someone or something becomes enclosed or surrounded by something else: "come in"synonyms:inside, indoors, into the room, into the house/building
    • 2.expressing the situation of being enclosed or surrounded by something: "we were locked in"

adjective

plain

/plān/

adjective

• 1.not decorated or elaborate; simple or ordinary in character: "good plain food"synonyms:simple, ordinary, unadorned, unembellished, unornamented, ... moreantonyms:elaborate, fancy
    • 2.easy to perceive or understand; clear: "the advantages were plain to see"synonyms:obvious, clear, crystal clear, evident, apparent, ... more
    • in/in/

preposition

• 1.expressing the situation of something that is or appears to be enclosed or surrounded by something else: "living in Deep River"synonyms:inside, within, in the middle of, surrounded by, enclosed by
      • 2.expressing a period of time during which an event takes place or a situation remains the case: "they met in 1885"synonyms:during, in the course of, over

adverb

• 1.expressing movement with the result that someone or something becomes enclosed or surrounded by something else: "come in"synonyms:inside, indoors, into the room, into the house/building
      • 2.expressing the situation of being enclosed or surrounded by something: "we were locked in"

adjective

• sight/sīt/

noun

• 1.the faculty or power of seeing: "Joseph lost his sight as a baby"synonyms:eyesight, vision, eyes, faculty of sight, visual perception
      • 2.a thing that one sees or that can be seen: "John was a familiar sight in the bar for many years"

verb

• 1.manage to see or observe (someone or something); catch an initial glimpse of: "tell me when you sight London Bridge"synonyms:glimpse, catch/get a glimpse of, catch sight of, see, spot, ... more
      • 2.take aim by looking through the sights of a gun: "she sighted down the barrel"

Last edited by muse-lyre candy; 07-25-2017 at 01:14 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    http://www.nin.com/nine-inch-nails-a...ing-21-july-2/
    narrative arc linking the three records (3 ? they released two! so whats up ?)
    clue-filled
    cover artwork

http://www.nin.com/music/add-violence/

THE VIEW WIDENS AND EVERYTHING IS IN QUESTION.

http://www.nin.com/nine-inch-nails-a...ce-back-cover/
    REMEMBER WHEN RECORDS HAD BACK COVERS? NO? MAYBE THIS ONE IS IMPORTANT.

There is no doubt that they are insinuating all of that on purpose, but now the problem becomes the following: Is it something so easy that everybody goes in too deep or perhaps just straight past it, or is it so deep that everybody is missing it ?
    Last edited by Detunez; 07-24-2017 at 02:10 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

http://www.nin.com/music/add-violence/

THE VIEW WIDENS AND EVERYTHING IS IN QUESTION.
    What about this, by the way? Has anybody analyzed the lyrics from EPs we have at the moment? I mean not the batshit crazy stuff like some guy in the parallel topic did, I forgot his nickname, but the actual serious analysis?

I'd did it myself, but слишком сложно.
    Last edited by define; 07-24-2017 at 02:25 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    http://www.nin.com/nine-inch-nails-a...ing-21-july-2/
    narrative arc linking the three records (3 ? they released two! so whats up ?)
    ...were you not aware that NTAE and Add Violence are part of a trilogy of EPs? The third one will not be released for another 6-8 months, according to TR's email.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    okay kids, repost where u see fit i am in a rush out the door for real life
    the poster we got at bakersfield has ea band member pic 'in' their own separate box. behind ea person there is what looks to be tiled wall. after playing with the morse code last nite for other things, (I'm seeing morse code everywhere; morse code soup anyone?)the background tile kind of resembles a morse code pattern(?)
    maybe someone can post a pic of it (if this hasn't been done already) i am not familiar with the pic hosting stuff, i am sure to become more educated after time and hang a bit better with y'al (no absolutes cause some ppl are innately a dick)
    Last edited by muse-lyre candy; 07-25-2017 at 10:55 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    Before I say this I want to make clear that I do think that something cool is going on. That said, the only conclusive thing we have is the TITP video. The fact that you can rearrange the extra lyrics to make sense means nothing, especially considering you have to ignore certain words to do it, and the fact that everyone who has done it has come up with a different solution. The morse code in the flyer hasn't been translated to anything that makes sense, and may not be morse code at all (though I hope it is). The "morse code" in the song is probably nothing. You can get weird stuff like that in a lot of songs if you zoom that much into the waveform. And finally, the website is clearly a fake. It was put up after the name of the EP was announced and is far below the standards of professionalism of every other website NIN's ever been a part of. So we have ONE conclusive hint at something. Everything else is complete guesses with no real evidence.
    @lyrics: Removing duplicates isn't that random as you make it out to be (for the lovers text)
    @flyer: the morse on the flyer translated to "meet us at ..." and we did not settle on a single version of the rest of the morse.
    @morse: the morse in Burning bright might be nothing but there's still a weird silence in the song where there's nothing but those "dithering artefacts". If you can show me some more instances of those in any other (or the same song) or have a good explaination for that I all ears.
    @website: i was talking about is sotirivol.com, related to the drug of the TITP video. That was registered before the video got released. The fact that it's still parked doesn't change that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by |mando| View Post
    This is where I'm at right now. Something is going on, something cool, but we don't have the necessary pieces to go any further.

If we were to not get any more to go on, this would just be an awesome homage and connection to an album / universe released 10 years ago, but I think people are getting too hyped up about the potential, expecting it to be the second ARG without any solid basis for that.

With that being said, I'm still constantly F5ing here and on discord most hours of the day hoping for something else to happen.
    This is exactly how I feel. Like we all know shit is going on, there's no doubt about it. But we don't have any concrete evidence on anything. The block code has gotten us nowhere, the extra lyrics don't tell us anything, and we can't decipher anything from the Morse code we're finding. I think we all need to just relax for two weeks until we get the physical component.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minimumnishe View Post
    This is exactly how I feel. Like we all know shit is going on, there's no doubt about it. But we don't have any concrete evidence on anything. The block code has gotten us nowhere, the extra lyrics don't tell us anything, and we can't decipher anything from the Morse code we're finding. I think we all need to just relax for two weeks until we get the physical component.
    I agree. True is, I did not play YZ ARG - I was a kid, so I absolutely cannot compare these two things together. But... In the YZ ARG, weren't there these kinds of situation, where people were going crazy, because they were not sure about next clues or something? I know, there was that T-shirt in a beginning... But anyway...
    I really cannot compare...

Damn, I hope AD PC will come corectly, it is going through a half of the Europe to me...
    (Sorry for english)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Is there a way to *hide* sounds in a digital file that can only heard after it is transferred to a physical medium?

Also, never knew there were text colour options.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minimumnishe View Post
    2 Weeks is far too long. Just saying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LiquidEngineer View Post
    Honestly, even if there is no arg, It's been a whole lot of fun. Worst case scenario? We question everything. Something we should do more often.
    I am still uncertain... the morse code on the announcement leading to a merch table? Seems like trent is having fun... Plus after the FYF fest show someone from the stage threw out some guitar picks which I was able to grab and it looks like it has LOL printed on it instead of NIN..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadeout54321 View Post
    This information doesn't answer the question from LiquidEngineer of "special merchandise" nor does it show the "special Nine Inch Nails T-Shirt" noted in the LA Daily news article. All of those items are readily available on the nin.com website. This may be the full compliment of items available for all i know.
    Has anyone tried to study the black t-shirt with the white schematic on it? Looks kinda like an electrical circuit diagram?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ericy210 View Post
    Has anyone tried to study the black t-shirt with the white schematic on it? Looks kinda like an electrical circuit diagram?
    It's basically just a black and white version of the back cover, so you might as well just study the color, high-res image posted to nin.com. I think that's where the real clue(s) is/are. I'm beginning to think it's way more simple than people expect and it's being overlooked.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesd553 View Post
    I am still uncertain... the morse code on the announcement leading to a merch table? Seems like trent is having fun... Plus after the FYF fest show someone from the stage threw out some guitar picks which I was able to grab and it looks like it has LOL printed on it instead of NIN..
    okay now that is hilarious! i about spit beer out my nose and onto my laptop....cheers