Page 41 of 54 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1614

Thread: Add Violence Back Cover...ARG?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    when purchasing the latest album (non-vinyl) it does come with a CD, correct?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eichalvindore View Post
    Not The Actual Events didnt, no. Just a digital download.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Neither NTAE or AV have a CD release out yet, although an AV CD was announced as coming on Sept 1, via NIN.com.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So I decided to research the director of the Less Than video and I found something that he posted 3 weeks ago called "The Hollow Earth". Some parts of this video give me hint of a YZ vibe, but what I found interesting was this at 5:08 in the video. Kinda reminds you of something, doesn't it? It could very well be unrelated but who knows, maybe somebody else will find something in this video if it's anything at all.

Directors Website:
    http://www.brooklinder.com/portfolio

Vimeo video for "The Hollow Earth"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

This thread is all cool and everything to read but for the love of christ please stop using that purple font colour.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Exploding Plastic View Post
    This thread is all cool and everything to read but for the love of christ please stop using that purple font colour.

Yeah, that annoys the ever-living-fuck out of me too.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    please remove the starfucker t-shirt, i find it offensive
    please cut your hair, your mohawk is obstructing my view
    please remember the cool lil feature called the 'ignore' option that allows you to ignore the color, and allows me to continue living in a world of color
    (the color will go away when the option for color goes away...)
    live long and prosper and fist fuck every chance you get

p.s. I'm willing to compromise if you can come up with a color that is agreeable to both of us? would it be better if it were an indigo or a darker ppl?
    Last edited by muse-lyre candy; 07-24-2017 at 02:04 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    please cut your hair, you mohawk is obstructing my view
    please remember the cool lil feature called the 'ignore' option that allows you to ignore the color and me to continue living in a world of color

p.s. I'm willing to compromise if you can come up with a color that is agreeable to both of us? would it be better if it were an indigo or a darker ppl?
    I used to wear my "God of Fuck" Manson T in public all the time. Got asked to remove it a lot. They were right, and I was an asshole teenager.
    Nobody ever gave me shit about my mohawk, but they would've had to be 6'2" for it to become a problem.
    Where the fuck is the ignore color option, cuz all I see is ignore user option and I don't want to ignore you over my petty hatred of purple?
    Star Trek quotes and fist-fucking? That's an instructional on how to stay single.

As for the P.S., how about black like the rest of us. I'll probably regret this next statement, but nobody but you uses a god-awful color in their posts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all! First post here, want to join the fest!

About this quote:

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    From the AV nin.com PC description: "PROPER USE OF THIS RECORDING REQUIRES IT TO EXIST IN THE PHYSICAL WORLD, AS REAL AS YOU ARE." I wonder if this is supposed to be a play on the themes of oneself not being real, simulations, this isn't happening, etc. It just made me chuckle.
    Do you remember if NTAE PC was charged with delivery fees?
    I bought my AV PC free of delivery fees (on UK store), which makes me wonder if it'll be as real as we are in this simulator... ^^

Cheers,

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesfort View Post
    Do you remember if NTAE PC was charged with delivery fees?
    My NTAE had no shipping cost.

To be clear, I don't think there's any doubt that the AV PC is an actual, physical object. I just sort of assumed that line was a cheeky reference to being in a simulation.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    My NTAE had no shipping cost.

To be clear, I don't think there's any doubt that the AV PC is an actual, physical object. I just sort of assumed that line was a cheeky reference to being in a simulation.
    I think they only charged ME shipping costs.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I think they only charged ME shipping costs.
    Maybe lol. Although, my order was delivered to the same state it shipped from.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    i'll go make some popcorn and warm the butter...
    Thats not butter

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Exploding Plastic View Post
    S/he has a join date of last month so I will assume they are part of the ARG and the purple text is a clue.

Either that or Prince faked his death and is a nin fan.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by madpew View Post
    Do you guys still need more to finally believe we're in an ARG?
    They told us the backcover is "important", they put the obvious clues in the ThisIsn'tThePlace video, even credited 42Entertainment.
    We have found extra lyrics that make sense after puzzling with them, we found morse in a festival flyer, we found morse in a song from the NTAE EP. We found a website (even though it's still empty).
    There is no reason to wait for the 2nd component or the third EP, there's already stuff hidden in plain sight. But it seems many are just too lazy to search and investigate and just need an excuse to wait.
    I cant believe "you guys are too lazy to look for clues" is an actual quote on page 41 of a thread about the back cover

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    S/he has a join date of last month so I will assume they are part of the ARG and the purple text is a clue.

Either that or Prince faked his death and is a nin fan.
    There're a lot of other possibilities, but i like the one with Prince!

*P.S. Puurple van purple van...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    I cant believe "you guys are too lazy to look for clues" is an actual quote on page 41 of a thread about the back cover
    I wasn't talking about everyone being lazy.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by madpew View Post
    I wasn't talking about everyone being lazy.
    Yes but those kind of things are always going to be the sole domain of a handful of people who actually care. ETS represents a decent sized chunk of those people. And we did 40+ pages of speculation on the back cover.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    A bit lost with all the ARG / clues on different flyers/covers/songs... Is there somewhere with all the theories are written ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    please cut your hair, your mohawk is obstructing my view
    please remember the cool lil feature called the 'ignore' option that allows you to ignore the color, and allows me to continue living in a world of color

Full disclosure.. I have a shirt that says "pretty hate machine" in sparkly letters sooooooooooooo

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Cool

dammit! you beat me to the next clue...
    oh n thanx for blowing Prince's cover...
    jk
    tasty popcorn, want some?

full dsclosure; as flattering as that statement is I am a reg NIN fan like you all. nothing climatic n sorry to disappoint.
    props to the bribe! if i had anything to tell anyone, i would def spill the beans for that shirt
    Last edited by muse-lyre candy; 07-24-2017 at 05:02 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    has anyone figured out what the "special" merch at FYF was?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone who was on a show and has that poster?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Anyone follow NIN on IG... some pics and a random video of their stage screens on their "story". Also Ilan Rubin is posting some pretty great videos

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LiquidEngineer View Post
    has anyone figured out what the "special" merch at FYF was?
    Looks like there may have been a t-shirt? The quote below is from the last line of this article from the LA Daily News.

"We even heard that a special Nine Inch Nails T-shirt sale is set for Sunday, when the band headlines. You’re gonna want to get closer."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadeout54321 View Post
    Looks like there may have been a t-shirt? The quote below is from the last line of this article from the LA Daily News.

"We even heard that a special Nine Inch Nails T-shirt sale is set for Sunday, when the band headlines. You’re gonna want to get closer."

From the I Can't Seem To Wake Up 2017 - Official Tour Merchandise thread:

http://imgur.com/w89fok7
    http://i.imgur.com/H4oawJe.jpg

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    This information doesn't answer the question from LiquidEngineer of "special merchandise" nor does it show the "special Nine Inch Nails T-Shirt" noted in the LA Daily news article. All of those items are readily available on the nin.com website. This may be the full compliment of items available for all i know.
    Last edited by Fadeout54321; 07-24-2017 at 08:56 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Couldnt find anything on this, but maybe these two images/visuals have something more in common than the creator?

Source:
    https://www.instagram.com/bottom_of_the_pyram1d/

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninsp View Post
    Eat my asshole.

Your unintelligible rambling and purple font must make you feel special when in all actuality you're annoying as shit.
    Hi there.

You know what's worse than using font colors? Being an asshole. Don't be an asshole, ninsp. You've been here long enough to know better.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    you can all call me batshit crazy but either way, this is my interpretation of the Back Cover ARG:

this is the official image for the Back Cover: http://www.nin.com/nine-inch-nails-a...ce-back-cover/

Code:
    ABORT                   = PANIC BUTTON 
    TOLERANCE               = OFF because... 
    BIAS                           = ON 
    ABSOLUTE                = ON and it is not CONDITIONAL 
    COMPLEXITY              = ADAPTIVE and not MAXIMUM nor MANUAL, but at a LOW LEVEL 
    HIDDEN                    = TAPED over BROKEN BUTTON with a MISSING SCREW on the RIGHT 
    D.O.F.                    = it is at level 6 on a scale from 1 to 8  
    PRESENCE                = STRONG and not WEAK at LEVEL 24.2 and 40.2 with 4 inputs or outputs 
    S.A.S.C.                = +007516M with 3 red buttons 
    EVENT INTENSITY         = .01 and -40 
    BIAS calibration screw   = CENTERED 
    STRUCTURE               = ON while FUNCTION is off 
    APPERCEPTION            = PL activated, it does not GRASP and it does not SENSE, but it is OBLIVION on a SCALE bellow ... 
    STATISFACTION           = MI activated, it is INERTIA and not STRIVE and not SELF DESTRUCT on a HIGHER scale than APPERCEPTION 
    MORALE                  = MI activated, it is ISOLATE and not INTEGRATE and not DISRUPT 
    DISORDER                = PL activated, it is REGRESS and not EVOLVE and not STALE 
    SUBMISION               = PL activated, it is RESTRAIN and not PINION and not RELEASE, it is a red and important button 

CONTROL and MONITORING THE ACTIVE WORLD = IDLE and not in a CYCLE 

SHORT TERM RESET        = is not ARCHIVE and not DELETE but an EVENT 
    KDSV TYPE               = +0.7 and an ADVANCEMENT              
    DEVIATION               = 85122 and the EST to TERMINATE THE EVENT = 2022 
    ANXIETY                 = is at HIGH LEVELS and it is not ADVANCED SELF AWARENESS but it AMPLIFIES CHAOS with 4 input/outputs 
    ENGAGE                  = OFF but the SIMULATION is ON and the arrow indicator insinuates INPUT 
    switch                  = is not OFF but set between MANUAL and ADD VIOLENCE while it is not AUTOMATIC 
    reset                   = a reset button is present

There is a red book sitting next to the machine.

Now here is the batshit crazy part, and excuse me if it is wrong beyond belief:

There is a panic button for when things go wrong. there is no tolerance because there is a bias. It is absolute and not conditional. Everything is adaptive and complex but at the same time it happens at a low level. that which was Broken has been taped up and is missing a screw. The destroyer is set to a mediocre level but its presence is strong. The bias is centered.

There is some structure but for that some function had to be turned off. Looking into yourself is oblivion, you cant grasp it and it does not make sense. All of that does not measure up to Statisfaction which is inertia propelling you. it does not strive to be mr. self destruction. Morale does not disrupt and it does not integrate, it is isolated. Disorder is regression, it is stale and it does not evolve. Submision is restraining yourself, but not being restrained (pinion). Which is an important factor.

The active monitoring of the world is idle and not stuck in a cycle. A short term reset could be done trough archival or deletion, it is an event. There is an advancement with a deviation. The estimated time for the termination of the event is set to 2022.

There are high levels of anxiety. It is not a form of advanced self awareness, but it does amplify chaos. It is not engaging but the simulation is running. The switch to it all is lingering between doing it manual, but also adding violence. It is not automatic and it has not been turned off.

There is a reset button to start over, or abandon it all.

- Pinion: starts off silently and build up to an agressive sound
    - MR. self destruct: ends in noise

The past is being simulated. Broken and The downward spiral. The past NiN music was violent or depressing. The destroyer button might be Year zero.
    Last edited by Detunez; 07-24-2017 at 10:23 AM. Reason: seriously... typos. they kill me.