Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread: The NIN Summer Tour 2018 Spoilers Thread!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    Hmm, they're becoming a bit more predictible aren't they? Would be fun to see that mixed up a bit at the next headline show (I get why it isn't at traditional festivals)
    Yeah, that's odd. He started off with killer variety and now he's fallen back into a safe set/pattern. That's strange.
    Well, I'm glad I caught the 3 shows I did at the start of the tour and they were all different. That Meltdown setlist was something else compared to the rest.
    Glad I was able to attend.

Guessing with multiple nights in the same city's in the USA, the sets will probably be changed up a bit more this fall. I can't see him doing the same or very similar sets back to back in the same city knowing he probably has some repeat customers. Especially that run of 6 in LA in December.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    looks like triple H is back in the setlist w/ regularity.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    Well the last few shows have been festivals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Now Triple H is invading Nine Inch Nails shows? Will he ever stop with his NXT World Domination plans?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    Now Triple H is invading Nine Inch Nails shows? Will he ever stop with his NXT World Domination plans?
    Bah gawd Trent Reznor has a family!

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I was checking out potential streams for Montreux Jazz Festival and I realized this is the show where Gary Numan is opening for NIN.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    my wife and mother, having never seen NIN, are hoping for the safe setlist with triple H at Red Rocks. as for me, i hope we get something different.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    my wife and mother, having never seen NIN, are hoping for the safe setlist with triple H at Red Rocks. as for me, i hope we get something different.
    Let us know if the car ride back consists of arguing and facepalming. :P

Trent and co. can play Hurt 12 times in a row, everyone will still have an awesome time at Red Rocks.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    I was checking out potential streams for Montreux Jazz Festival and I realized this is the show where Gary Numan is opening for NIN.
    So we're almost guaranteed "metal" will be played and it's safe to say guest appearance by Mr. Numan himself?

It would be pretty funny if Gary numan played "metal" in his set and then NIN came on and played "metal" again lol.

Edit: wait a goddamn second... when you check setlist.fm Gary Newman's set is already up?? How does anyone know what was played?? It's still July 7th in north America, and maybe the early hours in July 8th at most overseas... July 9th has not happened here or there yet... someone from the future travelled back to list the setlist online!
    Last edited by ManBurning; 07-07-2018 at 06:38 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    So we're almost guaranteed "metal" will be played and it's safe to say guest appearance by Mr. Numan himself?

It would be pretty funny if Gary numan played "metal" in his set and then NIN came on and played "metal" again lol.

Edit: wait a goddamn second... when you check setlist.fm Gary Newman's set is already up?? How does anyone know what was played?? It's still July 7th in north America, and maybe the early hours in July 8th at most overseas... July 9th has not happened here or there yet... someone from the future travelled back to list the setlist online!
    I checked the alice in chains set from Monreux in setlist.fm
    Dont Follow?
    Brother?
    Where the sun rose again??

What the hell is happening

In switzerland there was the mistake with nine inch nails playing sin
    I can't belive in swiss people anymore, they are playing with my emotions

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Setlist.fm is a steaming pile of shite... at least until someone posts an instagram of a paper setlist. Anyhow, here's the time and date for Switzerland.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    https://www.facebook.com/aliceinchai...501642/?type=3

Fuck it was real
    Sorry switzerland You were right

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Well, this is a juicy wet fart.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Yeah, that's odd. He started off with killer variety and now he's fallen back into a safe set/pattern. That's strange.
    Well, I'm glad I caught the 3 shows I did at the start of the tour and they were all different. That Meltdown setlist was something else compared to the rest.
    Glad I was able to attend.

Guessing with multiple nights in the same city's in the USA, the sets will probably be changed up a bit more this fall. I can't see him doing the same or very similar sets back to back in the same city knowing he probably has some repeat customers. Especially that run of 6 in LA in December.
    Festivals vs random shows in Vegas consisting of mostly hardcore fans will do that

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I'm in the same boat. I'm taking my husband in September, and he's just a casual fan so he's gonna be bummed if he doesn't hear the 3xH's. I, on the other hand, will be thrilled.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I went to one of the wave goodbye shows with a casual fan and she didn't recognize a single song until towards the end of the show and she still loved it so there's hope

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eachpassingphase View Post
    I'm in the same boat. I'm taking my husband in September, and he's just a casual fan so he's gonna be bummed if he doesn't hear the 3xH's. I, on the other hand, will be thrilled.
    Same with my girlfriend and I this fall when we're going to the Nashville show in September. It will be her first time seeing the band (my fifth time ... though I wish it was more) and she's more of a casual listener ... but became more aware of their music since dating me. I did take her to a Nine Inch Nails tribute show a few weeks ago and she had a blast there, so I'm excited for her to see the real thing.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    As many have pointed out before, the real problem with triple-H is its place in the setlist. Just as you hear the first bass synth notes of the THTF, you know that 3 songs and 20 minutes later the show's over. Maybe you'll get a couple more tracks sandwiched in before Hurt.
    All three songs used to be in different places in the set before and TR should do it again. (HLAH as an opener in 2000 and 2005, THTF appox. 5th-7th in the set in early WT club shows, Hurt right in the middle during Self Destruct era)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    As many have pointed out before, the real problem with triple-H is its place in the setlist. Just as you hear the first bass synth notes of the THTF, you know that 3 songs and 20 minutes later the show's over. Maybe you'll get a couple more tracks sandwiched in before Hurt.
    All three songs used to be in different places in the set before and TR should do it again. (HLAH as an opener in 2000 and 2005, THTF appox. 5th-7th in the set in early WT club shows, Hurt right in the middle during Self Destruct era)
    I think especially in a festival setting those 3 songs in that order go down pretty well with the casual fans that are just there to hear "the hits".

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I decided to look up the Montreux Jazz Festival since it seemed so interesting that NIN is playing there, and what the fuck, this is the craziest, best line-up I've ever seen for a festival all my life. Nine Inch Nails, Queens of the Stone Age, Massive Attack (preceded by two of their collaborators), Iggy Pop, Emma Ruth Rundle, Alice in Chains, Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds, Jack White, plus a bunch what I assume are cool jazz groups, it's like somebody curated a gigantic festival just for me. It's depressing that I didn't know about it, and that even if I did there is absolutely no way no how I ever could have gone.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    nm, I am retarded, thought it was today's show

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by loopcloses View Post
    I decided to look up the Montreux Jazz Festival since it seemed so interesting that NIN is playing there, and what the fuck, this is the craziest, best line-up I've ever seen for a festival all my life. Nine Inch Nails, Queens of the Stone Age, Massive Attack (preceded by two of their collaborators), Iggy Pop, Emma Ruth Rundle, Alice in Chains, Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds, Jack White, plus a bunch what I assume are cool jazz groups, it's like somebody curated a gigantic festival just for me. It's depressing that I didn't know about it, and that even if I did there is absolutely no way no how I ever could have gone.
    I know right? This year’s lineup is absolutely spot on.
    If only you didn’t have to sell all your organs to afford all the tickets.. sigh..

I just came back from tonight’s gig. Numan was recorded (but I guess it wasn’t streamed), but for NIN the cameras were off. I was told they try to tape all the gigs where possible, but eventually it’s up to the artist to decide. Also, I didn’t see Brook Linder from the NIN camp filming onstage tonight, he might have enough footage by now

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by loopcloses View Post
    Oh man, I bet that festival is a blast. I had never heard of it before now either. I've been dying to see Nick Cave and Jack White live.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Hmm. Looking at this write up of the RTP broadcast/stream of NOS Alive, it seems like a good chance to get a NIN stream.

Not sure how accurate Google Translate is for the article, but the following has me hopeful:
    "RTP continues to bet on an interactive window on offer to viewers , in the online broadcast everyone will have the opportunity to make their own issue of NOS Alive. Since each person can choose what you want to see in each of the six stages of the event : Stage IN , Stage Sagres , Stage IN Clubbing , EDP Fado Coffee , Stage Comedy and Bandstand."

And it seems like there may be a TV broadcast as well:
    "In addition to being able to follow everything that goes on the Passeig Marítimo de Algés through the online broadcast will be able to monitor the live broadcast of the venue and the broadcast of concerts in the official channel NOS ALIVE, in a partnership between RTP and NOS, available on position 700 of the channel grid."

Looking at the schedule, NIN are on "Stage IN" Thursday the 12th at 20:55 in-between Bryan Ferry & Snow Patrol.
    Last edited by FULLMETAL; 07-09-2018 at 09:11 PM. Reason: sked

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Im glad Wish is being used as an opener now, it gave a worn out song new life.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Wish should be played at every show IMHO, it’s awesome live. Does seem to be a better “break up” tune rather than an opener due to NIN sing such a diverse band song wise. If Trent wanted to he could put most “metal” bands to shame by just playing all his heaviest tunes.

That would be kind of be fun now that im picturing it.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    So we're almost guaranteed "metal" will be played and it's safe to say guest appearance by Mr. Numan himself
    Called it.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    Looking at the schedule, NIN are on "Stage IN" Thursday the 12th at 20:55 in-between Bryan Ferry & Snow Patrol.
    Oooooohhhhh! Time for a guest mix-up perhaps and premier for 'Is Your Love Strong Enough?'

Nah! Too crazy.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Called it.
    Well I mean, that's like predicting the sky will be blue today or that politicians will say something stupid