Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread: The NIN Summer Tour 2018 Spoilers Thread!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    September is finally here! Yay for nin tour hoopla!

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I’m going to die trying to avoid setlists. The best thing with Vegas was I couldn’t spoil it for myself even if I wanted to.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    I’m going to die trying to avoid setlists. The best thing with Vegas was I couldn’t spoil it for myself even if I wanted to.
    I want to look at the first couple just to determine if it's the exact same songs as Vegas/Europe or not. If it is, my decision to fly down to LA will be diminished by 10 fold.
    I can't really afford flying myself and girlfriend down in mid December... if the setlists are amazing, I may have no choice than to go into the financial hole for NIN (yet again) but if it's "copy of a copy of a copy" I'll pass...

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I’m really curious now how they’re going to play the LA shows though, 6 in a row and they must know they’re die hards. Perhaps that was why Atticus said everyone got told to learn 20 more songs? I hope those shows will be filmed

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    That Eraser footage is something I hadn't known of and is exactly the sort of stuff I'd like to see on this tour. I absolutely respect the decision to steer away from grandiose production, but damn, the lighting has been so forgettable outside of "Copy of A". It was so strange seeing an NIN show and having the lighting upstaged a week later by a relatively understated Chelsea Wolfe performance. I've got so much faith in Reznor and his team to deliver a creative and memorable visual presentation, even with the restrictions of a "lights and smoke" theme, but I've lowered my expectations based on recent interviews. Very much hope to be surprised in Phoenix.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    Wish HD cameras were more of a thing back then.
    Ask and ye shall receive I filmed this in London in 2007 with a very new Camera that was very expensive at the time not full 1080p but still hd 720P!

Enjoy Eraser from Brixton Academy in London in 2007 in HD Glory!!!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by loopcloses View Post
    That Eraser footage is something I hadn't known of and is exactly the sort of stuff I'd like to see on this tour. I absolutely respect the decision to steer away from grandiose production, but damn, the lighting has been so forgettable outside of "Copy of A". It was so strange seeing an NIN show and having the lighting upstaged a week later by a relatively understated Chelsea Wolfe performance. I've got so much faith in Reznor and his team to deliver a creative and memorable visual presentation, even with the restrictions of a "lights and smoke" theme, but I've lowered my expectations based on recent interviews. Very much hope to be surprised in Phoenix.
    i’m not so bothered about the light shows anymore. I think the Meltdown show would still be possibly my favourite show of all time if Trent had plugged in and set up some Christmas lights for Something I can never have like he did back in 90/91

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I’m sort of happy the light show is a minimal setup, to be honest. Since 2008 and till now, people seemed to equate NIN with groundbreaking spectacles, and would be prone to filming everything with their smartphones. I was prone to that attitude, too; I have more (shitty) photos from Copenhagen 2014 than I care to look at, and it’s also the NIN show I remember the least.

I’m happy the focus is back on the music. LITS and the HM-era tours were awesome, but the gap between the audience and the band had grown a lot. Now NIN is back to being much more “in your face.” Literally. When was the last time Trent went into the audience again?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScreamingSlave View Post
    Enjoy Eraser from Brixton Academy in London in 2007 in HD Glory!!!
    To be nitpicky this video doesn't have the same atmosphere for me, as the other ones do. I think it's because of the lights in the back, starting with "Lose me..." part. They're too bright and attract attention too much.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I’m really curious now how they’re going to play the LA shows though, 6 in a row and they must know they’re die hards. Perhaps that was why Atticus said everyone got told to learn 20 more songs? I hope those shows will be filmed
    Maybe another TDS show? Or...fuck...a With Teeth show?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    Maybe another TDS show? Or...fuck...a With Teeth show?
    Of all the records to get a whole show, I can't fathom With Teeth is high in the running. Probably TDS, The Fragile, or bust. Mayyyybe the trilogy, and even that is a huge stretch.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    I’m sort of happy the light show is a minimal setup, to be honest. Since 2008 and till now, people seemed to equate NIN with groundbreaking spectacles, and would be prone to filming everything with their smartphones. I was prone to that attitude, too; I have more (shitty) photos from Copenhagen 2014 than I care to look at, and it’s also the NIN show I remember the least.

I’m happy the focus is back on the music. LITS and the HM-era tours were awesome, but the gap between the audience and the band had grown a lot. Now NIN is back to being much more “in your face.” Literally. When was the last time Trent went into the audience again?
    Didn't he go into the audience during Tension a few times? I just think you can go minimalist while still having creative visuals that boost the music--like "Copy of A", or again, when I saw Chelsea Wolfe and QOTSA shortly after NIN they had super effective lighting set-ups that were still pretty minimal. QOTSA had some little light poles on stage. CW had a "line" thing behind the band that did a few cool things depending on the song. When I saw Tension, the big screens were all gone because it was an outdoor show in NOLA, so it was just the overhead rig, and it was still cool as shit.

I'm not saying any of this in a demanding or bitch way, just that personally, I miss it. I obviously enjoyed the hell out of the Vegas show I saw last year, but it really didn't hold a candle to the Tension show where I saw them for the first time. It wasn't just the lights, it was just missing that extra oomph. It felt like a stock NIN show, if that makes sense.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Of all the records to get a whole show, I can't fathom With Teeth is high in the running. Probably TDS, The Fragile, or bust. Mayyyybe the trilogy, and even that is a huge stretch.
    I'd happily pay for a "trilogy show" that would be epic.

If he was to play a trilogy show, would you guys rather have the songs mixed up or played in order? I'd personally rather have the songs mixed up, I think a good start would be branches/bones and end with the long version of the background world. Keep that shit on loop and see who sticks around for the full thing lol.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I hope those shows will be filmed
    They'll just sit on a shelf somewhere next to the Wave Goodbye & Tension era shows.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    https://twitter.com/IlanRubin/status...91208023552000

Well if they are going to do rehearsals (This would mean songs they havent played this year)
    I Would love if they played these songs again in the setlist (Last, A warm place/Eraser, Ruiner, No You Don't , Mantra, In Two, In this Twilight/Zero Sum (outro), Where is Everybody, Into the void, Starfuckers, WIIT, The line begins to blur, You know what you are, sin, Not anymore, imagine all the posibilities

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skullboy0 View Post
    They'll just sit on a shelf somewhere next to the Wave Goodbye & Tension era shows.
    And the Hate tour video, and the Maxwell FDTS tour video.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    ...and Brixton 2005... ...and Dissonance tour... Y u do dis Tnert?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    And the Hate tour video, and the Maxwell FDTS tour video.
    I know about the Simon Maxwell thing, but what’s the Hate tour video?

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    I know about the Simon Maxwell thing, but what’s the Hate tour video?
    Trent mentions it at 7:32 here:

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I feel like this has suddenly snuck up on me. Next week already! So many songs I wish they'd dig up, and with all of these back to back dates, it seems like we should get some sets with more variety. My number one I'm always dying to hear is The Fragile... please, please, please Trent!

And then in no particular order, I wish we'd see them pull out some of these: Last, Sin, Right Where It Belongs, The Line Begins to Blur, Eraser, Capital G, Starfuckers, Suck, With Teeth, Mr. Self Destruct, Please... so many. I would bawl like a baby if I ever got to hear Sunspots, And All That Could Have Been, or even to get a Now I'm Nothing opener. And I still can't believe The Idea of You hasn't been played?! I really don't understand why with such a huge catalog he doesn't dust off some of these more often.

I'm hitting five of these shows, which is a lot for me - the two opening ones in Phoenix, the two closing ones in LA, and one in New Orleans in between. Surely I'll get to cross at least one or two of these off my list?!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Hey, I'm with you, I just can't fathom what six nights in eight days is going to look like.
    That's twenty one minutes of THTF!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia View Post
    I really don't understand why with such a huge catalog he doesn't dust off some of these more often.
    With all of the must-play songs like "The Hand That Feeds," "(I Wanna) Fuck You Like An Animal," and that cover of the Johnny Cash song, there's no time to get into any deep cuts at every show for all the big fans.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I would assume is going to be the same 45ish songs from the summer, plus 10 or more songs in the rotation. Should be interesting. Going to be logging off of this once the tour starts. My first is on the 19th, so i think i can make that happen.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    She’s gone away absolutely must get played live, preferably at one of the three shows I’m going to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    I would love for them to bring back Now I’m Nothing as a show opener for this tour, similar to what they did during the wave goodbye tour.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Now that I finally got that Somewhat Damaged opener, my next wish is for them to bring back the Now I'm Nothing into Terrible Lie combo.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    i am too actually.
    what if you got an entire album on one of those dates? The Fragile? Year Zero? or maybe a combination of Broken/The Slip? Hesitation Marks?
    it would make said LA show very special easily especially if that one show ends up being the only show you get an entire album.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Only concern for me.
    The Jesus and Mary Chain as standard opener and an extra different opener included during this tour, means NIN will play a set maximum 75 minutes (?). Not much time to do something special...
    It's not communicated as a double bill, but a gig with three bands take its time. They will give TJAMC also some space to do their live show, and everyone needs time for the backline ritual in between.
    Solution: first opener start around 7:00 pm? Thoughts?

By the way: I'm doing Chicago.
    Last edited by witte; 09-09-2018 at 04:58 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by witte View Post
    Only concern for me.
    The Jesus and Mary Chain as standard opener and an extra different opener included during this tour, means NIN will play a set maximum 75 minutes (?). Not much time to do something special...
    It's not communicated as a double bill, but a gig with three bands take its time. They will give TJAMC also some space to do their live show, and everyone needs time for the backline ritual in between.
    Solution: first opener start around 7:00 pm? Thoughts?

By the way: I'm doing Chicago.
    I dont forsee NIN playing less than 90 minutes. They’re playing 90 minutes at a festival, so I would assume they’re playing at least that long on the CBI tour

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Jesus and Mary Chain. Siddown or standup? Never seen 'em myself.