Page 41 of 72 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 2159

Thread: Game of Thrones - Spoilers

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    No clue what the pink letter is. I'm just going off what I remember from the book
    http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Bastard_Letter

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Ha yep that's what I meant, didn't know it had a name. That's what I mean, it was Ramsay saying it but the show confirmed it, in my opinion

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I was really hoping for that letter to turn up in the show. But it didn't, which is quite a...

SHAME. SHAME. SHAME.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Just watched the finale. Fuck...

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I think something of varying degrees of bad happened to just about everybody in that episode. Ridiculously bleak way to leave the show for 10 months.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Of course, Jon Snow is dead, otherwise he couldn't be revived...
    I like the theory that he's going to return in season 7, possibly spending his time as a semi-aware undead until then. Maybe he actually WILL see Benjen.
    I also like the idea that Brienne didn't kill Stannis so that they can now try to save Sansa... and then Stannis marries Sansa...looool.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I find it odd that some are cheering for Cersei, as if she's some sort of hero. In my opinion she got what she deserved: We're talking about someone who was screwing her sibling, had no problem watching her brother nearly killing a kid who caught them in the act, proudly backed her scum-bag son when he was a ruthless king and was part of countless other atrocities. After all, ironically, she was the one who arrogantly gave the High Sparrow power, thinking she could control him and his religious zealots. Now some think her and zombie Mountain (another despicable character) should get their revenge? I say the chickens have come home to roost and she got what she deserved.

As for Jon Snow, I too believe he is dead for good. But, let's say he does come back: He's going to be a mindless cog (either via the White Walkers or some form of magic that made the Mountain a purple mute). Snow will not have any of the characteristics that some have grown to like and he certainly won't be turned into some leader in the White Walker camp. At best, he'd merely be raised from the dead (like the other folks who were killed by the White Walkers) and rampage as part of the group. Either way, the Snow that everyone rooted for is dead and gone.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruined View Post
    As for Jon Snow, I too believe he is dead for good. But, let's say he does come back: He's going to be a mindless cog (either via the White Walkers or some form of magic that made the Mountain a purple mute). Snow will not have any of the characteristics that some have grown to like and he certainly won't be turned into some leader in the White Walker camp. At best, he'd merely be raised from the dead (like the other folks who were killed by the White Walkers) and rampage as part of the group. Either way, the Snow that everyone rooted for is dead and gone.
    Quite a few people seem to have forgotten Beric Dondarrion, whom Thoros of Myr brought back from the dead SIX times.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    There's also a theory out there that the reason why the series doesn't have Lady Stoneheart is that they are going to substitute her for the "new" Jon Snow.

I'm not so sure about that but who knows?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Well, personally, I hope they do not bring back Jon Snow. I like that the show kills key, well-liked characters. It adds weight to the whole show. If they start resorting to crowd-pleasing gimmicks simply because there is such an outcry for the return of a beloved character, GoT will lose one of the many things that makes it an excellent show.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I just read a hint somewhere else: Kit Harington currently has no film projects planned for 2016...
    @ Miss Baphomette: Yes, the Dondarrion thing gets forgotten sometimes. Alternatively, Melisandre might burn herself and give Snow his life force back, like Mirri Maz Durr sort-of died for the dragon eggs.
    Last edited by ambergris; 06-16-2015 at 02:12 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Well, personally, I hope they do not bring back Jon Snow. I like that the show kills key, well-liked characters. It adds weight to the whole show. If they start resorting to crowd-pleasing gimmicks simply because there is such an outcry for the return of a beloved character, GoT will lose one of the many things that makes it an excellent show.

But on the opposite end of that is the fact that they shouldn't just kill major character for no reason but to shock and scare the populace. It's not like Jon is pronounced dead in the books and bringing him back in season 6 would go against that. I agree that would be cheap. I personally feel that Snow is the heart of that show and pretty much the only character with a lot of redeeming qualities. Comparing this to another great show that killed off your favourite characters... it would be like The Wire killing off Bubbles. IT AINT RIGHT.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    But on the opposite end of that is the fact that they shouldn't just kill major character for no reason but to shock and scare the populace. It's not like Jon is pronounced dead in the books and bringing him back in season 6 would go against that. I agree that would be cheap. I personally feel that Snow is the heart of that show and pretty much the only character with a lot of redeeming qualities. Comparing this to another great show that killed off your favourite characters... it would be like The Wire killing off Bubbles. IT AINT RIGHT.
    Was killing Ned at the end of season 1 right? He was far more noble than Snow. Nonetheless, the show managed to survive. Further, the killing was not out of nowhere, merely for shock-value. The tension between Jon's loyalty to the Night Watch and his alliance with the Wildlings has been around for a while now. Further, the Night Watch is not the noblest of groups, so, it definitely fit into their way of doing things. Snow's dead and people need to accept it. I am enjoying how much people are crying over it, though.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    The important thing is that if there's no relatable character at a location or in a faction, how are we supposed to care about that location/faction? When Ned Stark died, we still had Tyrion and Sansa at King's Landing. The end of the Stark rebellion allowed Ned's surviving children to continue developing independently, gave Stannis a new battleground and allowed the Lannisters to eat themselves.

With Jon dead and Sam heading south with Gilly to sharpen his maestering skills, we're left with nobody at the Wall to care about. Putting my chips in the resurrection hat... not sure what the feudal Europe parallel would be, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    The important thing is that if there's no relatable character at a location or in a faction, how are we supposed to care about that location/faction?
    while i'm 75% sure Jon isn't fully gone, to play devil's advocate, Davos is at the wall, Stannis is dead to him (even if Stannis pulls a miracle not being dead moment) and the night's watch could use someone with the creative logistics of Ser Davos.

The wall could be Sansa's destination as well, at least as a starting point to then find bran & rickon.

---

all that being said, overall this was a pretty meh season (at least by GoT standards) i feel like there are too many plates spinning, and nobody except the boltons have any kind of clear trajectory.

The tyrells are still in prison.

the lannisters are as weak as they have ever been.

Jon is supposed to be dead.

Danny is now even further removed from Westeros despite the arrival of Tyrion.

Sansa is on the run.

Stannis took a major heel turn, and is most likely dead anyway.

Brianne is seemingly 100% irrelevant.

Ayria is blind. and pretty much a sideshow for awhile now.

Littlefinger is always interesting, but mia as of late.

and everything about dorne still sucks. to put it differently at least dorne isn't as bad as the iron islands.

Tyrion, Varus & Greyworm now that has potential to be amazing, but like Danny seems like b plot at best.

meanwhile, the white walkers, despite their glacial pace, are stronger than ever and currently completely ignored by every other major player currently on the board. is it too late to start rooting for them?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by koz-ivan View Post
    meanwhile, the white walkers, despite their glacial pace, are stronger than ever and currently completely ignored by every other major player currently on the board. is it too late to start rooting for them?
    Given their pace, I don't think it's ever too late to start rooting for them.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Ian McShane in season six.

If he was a bit younger, I thought he would be our Euron Greyjoy but I SUSPECT he's going to be a new character.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Possibly the Mad King?

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    What's the over/under he uses the word "cocksucker" a lot?

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    Possibly the Mad King?
    I'm still holding on to the hope they WON'T do a flashback.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    All I want right now from the next season is a five minute musical number from Mace Tyrell, the elusive chanteuse of Highgarden.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Max Von Sydow has just been announced as a recast for the Three-Eyed Raven.

JIEWJIDKJDSKLJDLSAJDLASJDBCBSNJCKNWS.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    Max Von Sydow has just been announced as a recast for the Three-Eyed Raven.

JIEWJIDKJDSKLJDLSAJDLASJDBCBSNJCKNWS.
    Shut up. Shut. Up. SHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUP!!!!

AQWER;JQWE;QWERKJ;QA DSFAQWER EAR

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Was killing Ned at the end of season 1 right? He was far more noble than Snow. Nonetheless, the show managed to survive.
    The difference here being that Ned's death set in motion the war of the 5 kings. It was a plot device. Snow's death would leave too many open plots unresolved, including the biggest unknown throughout the series (Jon's parentage).

Possibly the Mad King?

Or Marwyn in Old Town.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Baphomette View Post
    I'm still holding on to the hope they WON'T do a flashback.
    I have a feeling your hopes will be dashed as it appears they're looking to cast Arthur Dayne. A Tower of Joy flashback looks to be in the cards for S6.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    @skip niklas , I'm facepalming the flashback, not your comment.

Also, my friend and his family went to Iceland for their vacation and this happened:

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I'm pretty sure I made the little girl's expression during his last speaking scene.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Whoaaaaaaa.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Whoaaaaaaa.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)