Page 39 of 72 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 2159

Thread: Game of Thrones - Spoilers

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Fuck R'hllor.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Oh, Stannis... After all the hours spent defending your character, you do this to me???

It is SO over.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    That was absolutely brutal. They were kinda foreshadowing it hard, but I almost felt like there would be a situation were Davos would save her.

The last scene was pretty awesome. Spoiler: Dany's all like "peace out" I'm just gonna fly the fuck outta here.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Yo @Harry Seaward , R'Hllor is the Lord of Light and has been mentioned numerous times on the show.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    The burning was real brutal and kind of destroyed Stannis as a character. No idea why they felt the need to do that.

Other than that, another great episode. Me and the girlfriend were nerding out hard waiting for Drogon to show up. Sure looks like we'll be all caught up to the books after the finale. Will be pretty cool to watch the show again without a clue as to what is going to happen.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    The burning was real brutal and kind of destroyed Stannis as a character. No idea why they felt the need to do that.
    Maybe they felt the need to "define" who Stannis was becoming. Either way, the show creators claimed that GRRMartin is the one who presented the scene to them.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    That's surprising, it would've been out of character for book Stannis too. Minor gripe, I don't really give a shit about Stannis. But that's a good point that maybe they wanted to make sure we knew who he was becoming.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    That was just very, very gloomy. For some reason, this season felt more gloomy to me than the others.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    That's surprising, it would've been out of character for book Stannis too. Minor gripe, I don't really give a shit about Stannis. But that's a good point that maybe they wanted to make sure we knew who he was becoming.
    Book Stannis: "Half my army is made up of unbelievers. I will have no burnings. Pray harder."

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Haha, I forgot about that line. It makes even less sense after him saying that.
    Last edited by kdrcraig; 06-08-2015 at 09:40 AM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    Yo @Harry Seaward , R'Hllor is the Lord of Light and has been mentioned numerous times on the show.
    Well my post was because I thought he was never mentioned by name, but I wasn't confident enough in that to keep my post up. My deleted post was more along the lines of your posts like Spoiler: the second Jaimie lost his hand, you posted a giant picture of a golden hand and Spoiler: "Bookmarking this thread in anticipation of an upcoming scene for Cersei...". I get that these aren't major spoilers per se, but I think I'm not the only show watcher who gets annoyed by the book-readers constantly dropping stuff like this.

Buuuuut, that's why I've tended to stay out of this thread in general, so I suppose it's my own fault. I can't help when fucking Entertainment Weekly posts a link minutes after the East Coast airing with major episode spoilers, but I can help coming into places where I know 'spoilers' will lurk. Not trying to start a bitch fight or anything, just wanted to elaborate on my deleted post.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    I never posted a photo of a golden hand. I think that was @slave2thewage .

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    The arena scene reminded me a lot of Attack of the Clones.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Out of character? The man had his own brother killed ffs...if anything, this only makes his character clearer. Ambitious, ruthless man with only one goal in mind. Willing to step on anyone and anything. Like he's been doing from the very beginning.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Drogon is a boss.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Drogon is a Ukrainian Ironbelly.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyx View Post
    Out of character? The man had his own brother killed ffs...if anything, this only makes his character clearer. Ambitious, ruthless man with only one goal in mind. Willing to step on anyone and anything. Like he's been doing from the very beginning.
    Hammer → Nail.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    not to mention he was at a desperate impasse after the random fire thing.

you knew it'd get awful after her scene with Davos.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    not to mention he was at a desperate impasse after the random fire thing.
    That random fire thing really irked me. Melisandre gave Davos and Stannis so much shit for not taking her along when they attacked King's Landing. "I wasn't there when the wildfire killed our men by the thousands. I could have saved those men." So, why didn't she save the hundred or so that died because of Ramsey's fires? PLOT FLAW.

Also, does Dany now have Greyscale? Is it only contagious if you touch the affected areas of another person? Isn't Jorah being just as traitorous by not revealing that he has it?
    Last edited by Baphomette; 06-08-2015 at 08:44 PM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    I think we can all agree they did wrong by Davos' character in this episode. He knew what was going to happen to Shireen and yet he did nothing. He didn't even know Gendry and he saved him from Melisandre.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    He knew what was going to happen to Shireen and yet he did nothing.
    I don't think he believed Stannis would ever go through with it. I really don't. He got duped just liked me. Fucking asshole Stannis.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    My assumption was you could only contact Greyscale by touching the affected area.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Baphomette View Post
    That random fire thing really irked me. Melisandre gave Davos and Stannis so much shit for not taking her along when they attacked King's Landing. "I wasn't there when the wildfire killed our men by the thousands. I could have saved those men." So, why didn't she save the hundred or so that died because of Ramsey's fires? PLOT FLAW.
    I don't know if it's a plot flaw as much as it presents the possibility that Mellisandre is maybe full of shit. In the books they mentioned that she does some gimmicky slight of hand magic to impress people and get them to become believers.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I don't know if it's a plot flaw as much as it presents the possibility that Mellisandre is maybe full of shit. In the books they mentioned that she does some gimmicky slight of hand magic to impress people and get them to become believers.
    They infer numerous times on the show that she uses slight of hand to impress people.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    They infer numerous times on the show that she uses slight of hand to impress people.
    She actually admits it herself. I'd forgotten about that. But using slight of hand is one thing. She stated point blank that she could have saved men during Blackwater Bay. And as I'm typing this, I'm realizing that it's fucking Melisandre we're talking about and yeah... Never mind.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Slight of hand? Doesn't she summon smoke demons and shit?

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I don't know about series Melisandre but I'm 2/3 through A Clash of Kings and book Melisandre definitely "gave birth to" killer shadows.

Renly and ser Cortnay Penrose would have a thing or two to say about that. Davos too, by the way.

Maybe she is a one-trick pony but that one trick is so impressive that Stannis will believe everything she says. Or he is so desperate that he'll try anything.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I think there are some legit things she can do, like the shadow baby, but she also uses a lot of cheap tricks to get people to believe. She's just not as powerful as she lets on. Pretty sure this lord of light isn't going to mean dick in the end game.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Spoiler: end game...everyone dies.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Excited for the finale tomorrow. Apparently the "previous on" leaked and it features some characters that haven't been on the show since S1.