Page 165 of 195 FirstFirst ... 65 115 155 163 164 165 166 167 175 ... LastLast
Results 4,921 to 4,950 of 5846

Thread: Vinyl Collectors Unite!

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Picked up the X-Files soundtrack, Batman & Robin, and fucking scored the last copy of Hackers. No lines. No wait. In and out. No issues scoring what I want. Both today and last month's drop.

I honestly hope RSD keeps splitting it up throughout the year like this from here on out. It's great. Way less stressful and I can actually appropriately save up for what I what in between drops rather than making an irresponsibly large purchase all at once. There's nothing in next month's drop that I want or need in my collection, but I'm a bit curious to see what's going to be in the Black Friday drop.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    SRC Vinyl has 3 copies of HACKERS up for sale. priced shipped to the US is roughly $54 total.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

(I didn't know that it wasn't the same as the 'o' CD... it's like half new... that's kind of annoying but also means I need to still re-purchase the 'o' CD because mine has a errors during "Open Up")

so... let's see...

...I have Desperado, Natural Born Killers, Trainspotting, Tank Girl and Spawn ('o' 10" version) on vinyl (The Crow coming when my order arrives)... just would like Strange Days and i'd be a very happy lobster from the late 90s.

Can throw in Lost Highway, Fight Club and oddly enough, the Clerks soundtrack into the "have" pile... but Grosse Pointe Blank would be another strong want.
    Last edited by MrLobster; 09-27-2020 at 05:15 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Picked up the X-Files soundtrack, Batman & Robin, and fucking scored the last copy of Hackers. No lines. No wait. In and out. No issues scoring what I want. Both today and last month's drop.

I honestly hope RSD keeps splitting it up throughout the year like this from here on out. It's great. Way less stressful and I can actually appropriately save up for what I what in between drops rather than making an irresponsibly large purchase all at once. There's nothing in next month's drop that I want or need in my collection, but I'm a bit curious to see what's going to be in the Black Friday drop.
    Least you have stores that participate. There's like 2 within traveling distance worth visiting but they don't go whole hog with it.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Least you have stores that participate. There's like 2 within traveling distance worth visiting but they don't go whole hog with it.
    This is what I'm worried about when I move to SC in 20 days

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Finally picked up a mint copy of Ceephax's 'Cro Magnox'. I love NTAE, AV, and BW, but this right here is T H E T R I L O G Y

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    SRC Vinyl has 3 copies of HACKERS up for sale. priced shipped to the US is roughly $54 total.
    Couple copies on Discogs for $39 right now!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    One more note about the 25th anniversary Hackers soundtrack... it's a very good pressing (give it a good cleaning but to my ears, it sounds less constrained than the CD).
    My Side // did have two small scratches at the beginning of band 1 but didn't really affect playback (a small pop) so don't be dismayed if you see that as well.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    just would like Strange Days and i'd be a very happy lobster from the late 90s.
    hnnnnng i would KILL for the strange days soundtrack on vinyl. juliette lewis' covers of "rid of me" and "hardly wait" are what got me into PJ Harvey. not to mention pretty much every song on that soundtrack is incredible. now i want to go watch that movie...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Yep definitely getting this. Thank fuck it’s not limited or the anxiety of their website shitting the bed would freak me out.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    That Tron release is the first Mondo record I've actually wanted to get in a long time. Those colorways are sick as fuck. Might have to finally break down and get the Blade Runner 2049 release as well.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    That Tron release is the first Mondo record I've actually wanted to get in a long time. Those colorways are sick as fuck. Might have to finally break down and get the Blade Runner 2049 release as well.
    It's definitely worth it, great sound on it. Would still love to get my hands on the UK RSD version of the TRON Legacy OST that dropped on Saturday but it's too steep. The neon blue colorway though is fuckin' hot.

Also, it's been 10 years since TRON Legacy was released. Yeesh. *back cracks*

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Might have to finally break down and get the Blade Runner 2049 release as well.
    it's SO GOOD. i've seen a lot of people shit on that score (especially in comparison to the original) and i don't get it? i love the original movie and the original score. i like the newer film and its score better. but they also feel like separate things to me. i didn't need the new score to evoke the original because the films take place so far apart, and have such vastly different stories and points of view. thusly, the music should be different.

i would still love to hear johan's original score, though.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    After much inaction I finally moved the turntable away from it's original location that was probably too close to the receiver. I couldn't keep it in the entertainment center because it's not big enough for everything - and with a ~2 y/o running around every now and then I can't leave it out - so I got one of those Ikea shelf things and put it on top of the computer desk. It looks dumb and it's connected to a decent soundbar instead of the receiver but it's moved. Now I just need to test it out, which implies I have time to test things out.

My pie-in-the-sky wish is to have a turntable / receiver in the garage with speakers in the rafters so when I'm working in there on my bicycles I can listen to them. Right now the turntable is in the living room and I'm the only one who would want to listen to 7/8 of the stuff I own. I don't like forcing my music on anyone and that hasn't changed in the two plus decades of marriage so it would be nice to have a place. I already have the speakers in the garage, they're connected to a little bluetooth receiver that I connect to my ipod, so that part's done.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    McQwHUi.jpg

Grabbed all my records from my parent's house over Labor Day. A) was nice to see my family for 5-6 days and B) I haven't seen my full record collection in almost 3 years, plus my NIN collection of things.

I totally forgot that I bought this Aphex Twin release that was only available in Ypsilanti, MI at this small record store. Great little record.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Got my order in for the TRON soundtrack!!!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Me too lol. Not limited to XX, but not UNlimited (confirmed by the artist whom I follow) so too paranoid to not snag the minute it went up haha.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Holy fuck never mind, they went through all 4500 copies in 11 minutes?!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    See? That's why I didn't bother getting excited about it. No disappointment!

Spoiler: still a little disappointed.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Thankfully I got two copies!

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Why TF do I ever think that Mondo pressings are infinite? FFS. Casually rolled onto the site this afternoon like an idiot.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Well... I know what my Friday evening will include...

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Added this beauty to my collection since I've noticed it sold out and the price is creeping up. If you were on the fence about these releases, don't worry! This set is gorgeous and totally worth the money. I plan on pre-ordering SOFAD since I'm sure that will sell out ASAP as well.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Probably one of my favorite records of all time. Remember I didn't have it in my collection and hit up discogs. Just wanted a copy and I bought one that was in VG+ condition. User who rated it was being pretty modest, as it looks pretty mint to me besides the little dink in the top right corner.

Story time... I went to see Cursive in 2003 and The Blood Brothers were opening for them. First song and I was just blown. away... I had never heard anything like this before. Their music spoke to me lol. I know a few years later they broke up and Jaguar Love (formed with a BB member) opened for NIN. On my insomnia riddled night last night, I read up on what all these guys are doing nowadays and an old article about how Trent Reznor is a fan of The Blood Brothers. Rad.

Untitled.png

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    Probably one of my favorite records of all time. Remember I didn't have it in my collection and hit up discogs. Just wanted a copy and I bought one that was in VG+ condition. User who rated it was being pretty modest, as it looks pretty mint to me besides the little dink in the top right corner.

Story time... I went to see Cursive in 2003 and The Blood Brothers were opening for them. First song and I was just blown. away... I had never heard anything like this before. Their music spoke to me lol. I know a few years later they broke up and Jaguar Love (formed with a BB member) opened for NIN. On my insomnia riddled night last night, I read up on what all these guys are doing nowadays and an old article about how Trent Reznor is a fan of The Blood Brothers. Rad.
    1) super jealous, i really, really want that album on vinyl and i missed out every time it was pressed

2) i also saw that tour! i went for the blood brothers, casually liked cursive. ended up falling in love with Murder By Death, who opened. during the blood brothers, i decided, for the first time in my life, to go into the pit...and ten seconds later, some kid's head knocked my two front teeth partway in, and when i stumbled away and pushed them back into place, i started gushing blood...so i didn't get to see cursive, unfortunately.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Rough Hands - Nothing's Changed 7"

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Double post. Tried to delete, not working.
    Last edited by Archive_Reports; 10-09-2020 at 04:40 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

it always makes me nervous when he jumps up and I have an album playing ("Fly By Night" by Rush)... he likes to chill on the lid when its down and that's what he was after (and where he is now)...

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post

it always makes me nervous when he jumps up and I have an album playing ("Fly By Night" by Rush)... he likes to chill on the lid when its down and that's what he was after (and where he is now)...
    My cat does the same thing and it makes me crazy. I gotta stay super aware when records are playing to make sure gordon doesn't hop on top. He loves laying there when I'm not playing records and I'm afraid his fat ass is gonna bust the dust cover and fuck up my tone arm.

Bastard.