Page 155 of 195 FirstFirst ... 55 105 145 153 154 155 156 157 165 ... LastLast
Results 4,621 to 4,650 of 5846

Thread: Vinyl Collectors Unite!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Yup. Time for records is more limited now because everyone is home all the time - particularly neighbours. My DAC has an inbuilt headphone amp, so I can play from my file library more freely, but the turntable will be getting less action until things are little less crowded around here

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    If you know, you know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    How is Panopticon so amazing? Altered Course is just... you can’t put that one into words. Godlike.
    I revisit Autumn Eternal so much. I love that record.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    In theory I could be listening to more vinyl at the moment as I’ve got my hifi in my study. In practise I’ve just been too goddamn busy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I finally (FINALLY!) own a copy of the Hotline Miami soundtrack on vinyl. I was lucky enough to order a repressing last week and it arrived today. It's an amazing soundtrack and I highly recommend it.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    I revisit Autumn Eternal so much. I love that record.
    i think @Erneuert meant the album by ISIS that i posted, but yes, the metal artist panopticon is also amazing.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Yes, I meant Altered Course on Panopticon by Isis.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i think @erneuert meant the album by isis that i posted, but yes, the metal artist panopticon is also amazing.
    whoops!!!

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I feel slightly bad in partaking, but hella people are selling off their collections on Discogs right now for immediate cash and I've already managed to pick up 3 releases on my wantlist for waaay cheaper than I ever expected.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    I feel slightly bad in partaking, but hella people are selling off their collections on Discogs right now for immediate cash and I've already managed to pick up 3 releases on my wantlist for waaay cheaper than I ever expected.
    As long as you're being fair (or they think they are), I don't see a problem with it. I know I'll be shopping when my tax return comes in (we started the process before things went COVID time).

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    more quarantine jams (on 41 right now but i have the rest lined up for the day)

39 - locrian • infinite dissolution
    40 - thou • heathen
    41 - pan•american • quiet city
    42 - fugazi • in on the kill taker (just arrived)
    43 - fugazi • red medicine (just arrived)
    44 - thursday • full collapse

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

New Purity Ring!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Question for you guys and gals! I recently bought an Audio Technica LPW40WN turntable and noticed that the platter does not spin evenly (It goes up and down). Is this normal or should it spin evenly?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade123 View Post
    Question for you guys and gals! I recently bought an Audio Technica LPW40WN turntable and noticed that the platter does not spin evenly (It goes up and down). Is this normal or should it spin evenly?
    It definitely should be level.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    By how much is it moving up and down? A little vertical motion - like +/- 0.5mm - is not unusual, but if it's a lot more than that then something isn't right. Try removing the platter - check for any bits of grub or debris on the spindle or in spindle hole which might be preventing the platter from sitting correctly, and then carefully reseat the platter.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    As already mentioned, I'd check your spindle. Platter warping is much more rare of a problem. Other that taking everything apart and checking it, you can gently tap the top of the spindle (again, gently) with the handle of a screwdriver or butter knife.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Just threw money at Mondo Tees for the Death Stranding soundtrack. Can’t wait to get this in the mail.

https://mondoshop.com/collections/vi...ideo-game-3xlp

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    It definitely should be level.
    I ended up returning the turntable. It was moving 1-2ml vertically. Now in the market for a new turntable. Anyone have any thoughts on this:
    https://www.melbournehifi.com.au/col...12751451488307

I’ve heard Pro-ject turntables can have a ‘hum’ and/or motor noise. Has anyone experienced this?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Do you need to get one with an inbuilt phonostage?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Do you need to get one with an inbuilt phonostage?
    Was hoping to get one with the phonostage for ease and it suits my setup.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Plan to spin new order power corruption and lies this week whilst working, after following TIm Burgess’s tweet along listening party for it last night

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    Plan to spin new order power corruption and lies this week whilst working, after following TIm Burgess’s tweet along listening party for it last night
    wish i had it on vinyl. the only new order vinyl i have is the ceremony & temptation singles, and movement (which is my fav NO album).

only thing i've listened to since my last post is drab majesty • the demonstration. hoping to play a few things today.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    my left speaker was having a horrendous hum on it at volume when I had it on phono input and it was a little annoying having to turn everything up louder than was necessary to overcome it. Which in an of itself is strange because the hum would not increase in volume when you turned the volume up. at any rate I was checking google and checked everything like was it too close to the receiver and picking up hum from that? or was it a bad connection in the player itself? or did I have it on line instead of phono on the player? maybe I needed to ground the connection but the player didn't have a grounding cable so what kind of soldering was I going to have to do for this?

and then it turned out that maybe I didn't have the cable seated all the way in because when I removed it and then put it back in the hum went away. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Recent Quarantine Additions:

Code Orange - I Am King (Green/Black swirl)
    Code Orange - Underneath (Glow In The Dark blue/black)
    Daniel Avery + Alessandro Cortini - Illusion of Time (Clear Magenta)
    Drab Majesty - The Demonstration
    Creeping Death - Wretched Illusions (Glow In The Dark orange)
    Loathe - I Let It In...
    Stabbing Westward - Wither Blister Burn + Peel (Red/Black swirl)
    Stabbing Westward - Darkest Days (Green/Black swirl)

Ohhhhhh boy. My isolation brain thanks me, but my wallet's gonna hate me later when the rent/utilities freeze in KC is over.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    this CV stuff is gonna make getting that burned down lacquer plant in Cali back up & running eventually basically impossible, isn't it?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    this CV stuff is gonna make getting that burned down lacquer plant in Cali back up & running eventually basically impossible, isn't it?
    probably, unfortunately.

there are so many records i want to buy right now and i've been so good​ about not spending money but the longer this goes on, the harder it gets. (name of your sex tape?)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsChrisRoss View Post
    Just threw money at Mondo Tees for the Death Stranding soundtrack. Can’t wait to get this in the mail.

https://mondoshop.com/collections/vi...ideo-game-3xlp

Where the fuck are the other artists? Yellow Box and Ludens are so great. I guess that's last...if at all?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Where the fuck is the other artists? Little Boxes, Death Stranding and Ludens are so great. I guess that's last...if at all?
    Ludens was on another release. I think it was called time fall or something.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsChrisRoss View Post
    Ludens was on another release. I think it was called time fall or something.
    It is, was a digital download for deluxe edition. They're in the game. I just find it weird that they're not included on this as CHVRCHES is on this.