Page 167 of 195 FirstFirst ... 67 117 157 165 166 167 168 169 177 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 5,010 of 5846

Thread: Vinyl Collectors Unite!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Just won this bad boy in a raffle:

I must say, the quality of this set is pretty incredible considering it's an unofficial release. I'm not expecting to be blown away by the sound quality, but the presentation alone makes this thing worth having in my collection.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Want me also post raw Twitter links?
    It's up to you dude. I might see your original tweets anyway, since I'm following you. I just wanted to offer a public service announcement: Twitter embeds don't reliably work. They don't work in my browser/phone (Firefox/iOS). Maybe it's just me, or maybe a bunch of other board members are missing stuff too. I saw a wall of empty posts in one of the political threads.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    I just wanted to offer a public service announcement: Twitter embeds don't reliably work.
    *nodnods*

Well, if you have a specific post you want details on, just let me know...

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    It's up to you dude. I might see your original tweets anyway, since I'm following you. I just wanted to offer a public service announcement: Twitter embeds don't reliably work. They don't work in my browser/phone (Firefox/iOS). Maybe it's just me, or maybe a bunch of other board members are missing stuff too. I saw a wall of empty posts in one of the political threads.
    Doesn't work with tappatalk either. I have to hold down on the links and click open in browser.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Just won this bad boy in a raffle:

I must say, the quality of this set is pretty incredible considering it's an unofficial release. I'm not expecting to be blown away by the sound quality, but the presentation alone makes this thing worth having in my collection.
    More pics plz

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    actually - and this is only because you posted your browser - Firefox actively breaks social media embeds because of the tracking they do. You have to go into the settings somewhere and basically say "I don't care if they track me" for the browser to show them. Happened to me too.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    actually - and this is only because you posted your browser - Firefox actively breaks social media embeds because of the tracking they do. You have to go into the settings somewhere and basically say "I don't care if they track me" for the browser to show them. Happened to me too.
    Yep, Firefox user here and can confirm. You can disable the tracker-blocker for specific sites though, which is what I do.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Fatboy Slim has a Back to Mine compilation out for pre-order (yes, CD and digital versions are available as well)

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Yep, Firefox user here and can confirm. You can disable the tracker-blocker for specific sites though, which is what I do.
    I think you can only do that on a per-site basis in the desktop version. I’ve found a global button for it on iOS, and can weigh up flipping it or not for this. Ta!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    @SM Rollinger

Back of box:

Back of the inner jacket where all the records are stored:

The discs are all housed in individual "pages" of a book type jacket, with the tracks of that particular side listed on the sleeve:

And the spine with the rest of my NIN records:

Still haven't had a chance to actually listen to this thing yet, but I'm hoping it sounds half as good as it looks.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    if anyone's interested, this is somehow only $53.99 on the earache webstore https://webstore.earache.com/nine-in...-vinyl-box-set

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    if anyone's interested, this is somehow only $53.99 on the earache webstore https://webstore.earache.com/nine-in...-vinyl-box-set
    Love it how this show is listed as having taken place in 1992

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Love it how this show is listed as having taken place in 1992
    You don't remember the 1995 Radio Transmissions from 1992??

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Welp, there goes more money

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Welp, there goes more money
    sorry, boo

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    sorry, boo
    My advice is put your records at reachable height, so by the time your baby can crawl, they can pull out whatever they wanna hear! Fun bonding time

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    My advice is put your records at reachable height, so by the time your baby can crawl, they can pull out whatever they wanna hear! Fun bonding time
    Dick move. Hahaha

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    for a couple seconds there I was like that's terrible advice! and then the rest of my brain kicked in and I laughed.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Do you know how this compares to the Children of the Night/Feel the Pain bootleg from back in the day? I fucking LOVED that cd. Really tempted to pull the trigger on this, assuming that earache store is legit.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Do you know how this compares to the Children of the Night/Feel the Pain bootleg from back in the day? I fucking LOVED that cd. Really tempted to pull the trigger on this, assuming that earache store is legit.
    no idea. i've never actually listened to this in any form as i'm not a big fan of bootlegs...but at that price point it's tempting. SOMEONE TELL US HOW IT SOUNDS.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    no idea. i've never actually listened to this in any form as i'm not a big fan of bootlegs...but at that price point it's tempting. SOMEONE TELL US HOW IT SOUNDS.
    I promise to have a full report on your desk by monday morning. I've had 0 time for record listening in about a week and it is killing me.
    Last edited by imail724; 11-13-2020 at 09:02 AM.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Kills me that they call it an "FM Broadcast." It's the DAT master soundboard that is out there.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    Kills me that they call it an "FM Broadcast." It's the DAT master soundboard that is out there.
    This is to sneak the record into legit stores through a copyright loophole that exists in EU law.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    This is to sneak the record into legit stores through a copyright loophole that exists in EU law.
    Ahhhh, I didn't know that!

Learn something every day!

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Holy shit y'all, Demanufacture by Fear Factory is finally getting a LOOOONG overdue repress.

https://shop.runoutgroovevinyl.com/d...e-edition.html

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Regarding the NIN/Bowie set: I'll preface this by saying I'm no audiophile by any means, but I listen to a lot of records and I've heard ones that sound good and ones that sound bad, and this set falls strongly in the 'sounds good' category. Honestly, if someone was playing this and I didn't know better I would believe it was official. Like I said earlier, the packaging alone makes it worth it if you're a collector, but the audio sounds great to my ears, so I definitely see this getting a lot of play time in the future. Absolutely not an FM broadcast lol. I'm typing this while listening to Reptile on side 4, so I haven't gotten to the Bowie set yet, but based on the first 4 sides this set is highly recommended. Only complaint is having Hurt start side E rather than end side D.

Edit: there's some weird stuff happening at the beginning of a few of the Bowie songs. Sounds like skipping but I don't think it's the record, I think its just sloppily edited to cut the time down. Not sure though. Like at the beginning of We Prick You it sounds like he's starting to talk but then all of a sudden they're going into the song. Not super obtrusive and I still highly recommend this set for NIN fans, but I found that odd. I probably won't listen to it much anyway since I'm not a huge fan of 90s Bowie (I know that's sacreligious around here, but I wish he just played the original arrangements of the older songs instead of updating them all, which just makes them sound more dated today ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

Edit 2: also, Under Pressure sounds like crap for some reason. It's like it's from a different source or something. The songs immediately before and after it sound fine, so I don't know what happened there.
    Last edited by imail724; 11-13-2020 at 03:56 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Toys in the Attic for a new mixtape and Fresh Cream for that project for someone else... now I just need my copy of Road To Ruin to arrive and then I can finish up that mix. Probably next weekend.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    Anyone out here get those "new" Kraftwerk translucent records? I know they are just the 2009 remaster records. But just wondering what people's opinions are on them. Kraftwerk's redundancy with releases (like Depeche) doesn't really do anything for me. I just want a new album tbh.
    I just received ‘Computer World’ on translucent yellow. Sounds great to me!

Been trying to slow down on buying records this year, these are the main scores from the past few months:

Deftones - Ohms
    Ebony Tusks - Heal_Thyself
    Greg Puciato - Child Soldier: Creator of God (#253/1000)
    Moondog - Moondog (1969)
    Nine Inch Nails - Quake
    Rolling Stones - Exile On Main St (Half speed master)
    The Strokes - Is This It (UK version)
    Talking Heads - Talking Heads: 77
    Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross - The Social Network
    Last edited by Soma; 11-14-2020 at 04:46 PM.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soma View Post
    I just received ‘Computer World’ on translucent yellow. Sounds great to me!
    Good looks. I also had a friend tell me that they are great too. Very heavy vinyl. Will have to pick a few up. Especially Tour De France.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Yesterday I spent 4 hours locked in my workplace because of a phony goddamned hostage ransom call. Took hours for the police to determine everything was safe.

I really , really needed to come home to this waiting for me.