Page 67 of 195 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 117 167 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,010 of 5846

Thread: Vinyl Collectors Unite!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Al_Hunter View Post
    Is this not the case with literally every record purchase ever?!
    i guess it depends on how many records i've been buying recently. and i just spent $140 on that mastodon record, i got the 180g MOV reissue of Rain Dogs the other night, and i just pre-ordered "no more shall we part" because i realized i didn't include that in my original giant order of all the other nick cave reissues.

plus, it depends on the artist. there are some artists/bands where i feel compelled to complete a collection of all of their work, and others i don't. the only john carpenter score i own is The Fog, and i don't feel compelled to collect all of the rest of his (despite the fact that i love his work) because it would be insanely expensive at this point.
    but with a band like mastodon, i've been working on collecting all of their albums for a while, so getting that 2xLP version of crack the skye was a huge deal for me.

additionally, i justify my vinyl purchases with this: i don't smoke, i don't do drugs, i don't go out for drinks unless it's a really special occasion. literally the ONLY thing on which i spend money, besides food, and gas for my car, and occasional gifts for my wife, is vinyl. and it's an investment. my collection is currently valued at around $18,000 (and that's not even counting some rare stuff i have that has never sold on discogs, so its price isn't calculated) and, though i'd never WANT to sell it, i COULD if i ever had to do so.
    Last edited by eversonpoe; 04-29-2015 at 07:58 AM. Reason: checked stats and my collection is up to a median $18,000...holy crap!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    FUCK YES

FINALLY own this beauty!
    Mastodon - Crack the skye 2x12" 45rpm
    my mastodon album collection is complete, and all of them are the highest quality versions! this thing sounds absolutely incredible.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdm View Post
    What are you guys using for outside sleeve protection. My favorite vinyl store shut down a couple years ago where I bought Japanese resealable ones. Now i can't find any protection for my gatefolds. I found them here http://www.musicdirect.com/showprodu...er-sleeves-100

but the shipping is 13 dollars. Does anyone have any other suggestions?
    I usually buy anything that's 3 Mil. poly sleeves. Since the 3 mil tends to be thicker, I'm ok with getting it from anyone who is selling them the cheapest. As far as inner sleeves go though, I go all out for the audiophile paper/poly combo.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Get a load of the price for the new repress from Autolux.....

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    So this baby arrived today...
    AMON TOBIN - DARK JOVIAN EP (Record Store Day Edition)
    2x LPs - white rubber seal around the outer edge that holds the vinyls together, each vinyl is one sided
    1 of only 500 copies...

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Get a load of the price for the new repress from Autolux.....

Thats crazy, why not just get the OP if you are going to spend that much?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdm View Post
    Just receive Tori amos-little earthquakes and under the pink. They both sound very good
    I just got my copy of Under The Pink - insane amounts of surface noise on it

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Other recent additions:

Gary Numan - Pure 2 x 12" red vinyl
    Andrew Bird - Break It Yourself
    Depeche Mode - Black Celebration
    Temples - Sun Structures
    Air - Moon Safari
    Tori Amos - Under The Pink
    Queens of the Stone Age - Lullabies to Paralyze [MOV re-issue]
    The Dark Knight OST
    Inception OST
    Meshuggah - I
    Uneven Structure - Februus
    How To Destroy Angels 10"
    Nine Inch Nails - With Teeth
    Last edited by Al_Hunter; 05-02-2015 at 01:04 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    My recent finds:

Bad Religion - True North
    Jeff Rosenstock - Hey Allison! - silver 7"
    Laura Stevenson - Wheel
    Nothing - Guilty Of Everything
    Pearl Jam - Vs.
    Self Defense Family & Touche Amore - Self Love - grey marble 7"
    Smith Street Band - Take Me To The River - red/yellow starburst

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    Did you try cleaning it first? I bought a copy of UTP a few weeks ago and it sounds terrific on my turntable.
    I did, but on trying a few other records I've decided my cartridge was playing up and have changed from a Shure M97XE to an Ortofon 2M Red. I'd convinced myself of issues with the previous cartridge and then foolishly "tested" it with Telefon Tel Aviv's Immolate Yourself, not realising til I put the CD on that the start of The Birds has a slight distortion to it anyway. Anyway, New cartridge has actually made a lot of difference. I'd had an issue getting all the connectors to fit properly on the Shure and had a weird "hum" before the needle was dropped onto the record which I'm no longer getting. Haven't tried Under The Pink again yet, but I'm betting the noise I'd mistaken for surface noise is no longer there!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Just this year I've bought the following...

Amanaz - Africa
    American Football - American Football (Deluxe Edition - red vinyl)
    Between the Buried and Me - the Silent Circus (transparent green vinyl)
    Bjork - Homogenic (green vinyl)
    Crystal Castles - III
    D.R.I. - Live at CBGB's (Record Store Day 2015 - white vinyl)
    Daft Punk - Random Access Memories
    David Liebe Hart - David Liebe Hart Band (waiting to see what colored variant it is)
    Death Grips - Ex Military (bootleg)
    Death Grips - The Money Store
    Death Grips - The Powers That B
    The Flaming Lips - Bad Days EP 10" (Record Store Day 2015 - green vinyl)
    Flipper - Love Canal / Ha Ha Ha 7" (Record Store Day 2015 - red vinyl)
    James Ferraro - Far Side Virtual (clear vinyl)
    Jerry Paper - Carousel (pink vinyl)
    JMSN - JMSN
    King Crimson - In The Court Of The Crimson King An Observation By King Crimson (original pressing)
    Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane Over the Sea
    Plack Blague - Leather Band 7"
    The Pizza Underground - PU Demos 7" (Record Store Day 2015)
    Radiohead - Kid A 10"
    Tonetta - Get It Goin' / Mmm Mama! 7" (pink marble vinyl)
    The White Stripes - Get Behind Me Satan (Record Store Day 2015 - red and white vinyl)

Sheesh.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    newest arrival:

2011 180g Music On Vinyl pressing

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    What's the artwork like for this? It's a gatefold, right? Does it come with either of the art books that the original CD pressing had?
    Nope, mine didn't come with the art books that my CD pressing did. I think I bought Kid A on CD back in like 2003/2004 and while I haven't actually looked at the booklet in a couple years to remember it, it didn't resemble anything from the art on my CD copy.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Al_Hunter View Post
    I just got my copy of Under The Pink - insane amounts of surface noise on it
    A friend of mine was complaining about this too. He said his Side A was terrible but Side B sounded good. Maybe you two got later pressing copies that are not as good as the earlier ones?

Also, I just picked up a copy of this Option 30 bootleg 7" that is on eBay. Search "Option 30 Vinyl" and you will find a few sellers who have tossed this up......

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    A friend of mine was complaining about this too. He said his Side A was terrible but Side B sounded good. Maybe you two got later pressing copies that are not as good as the earlier ones?

Also, I just picked up a copy of this Option 30 bootleg 7" that is on eBay. Search "Option 30 Vinyl" and you will find a few sellers who have tossed this up......

I think my issues have been more to do with cartridge and amp. I've just changed the cartridge and have messed with the settings on my amp to see if it helps but haven't had chance to play Under The Pink again since (I've literally been at home for about 2 hours since Monday, not including the time I've been asleep) so will report back at the weekend.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Bought some more records, because...well...

Brand New - Deja Entendu (RSD 2015 repress)
    Did you get the Pogolith #00 with it??

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    A weird release but up my ally. A Chuck Palahniuk audiobook...on...wait for it......Vinyl!

As the official vinyl audiobook accompaniment to both Dark Horse's Fight Club 2 ten-comic maxiseries and Doubleday's new story collection, Make Something Up: Stories You Can't Unread, Rare Bird is very pleased to announce the first vinyl audiobook release featuring Chuck Palahniuk's Fight Club prequel, Expedition, read by Chuck, hand-numbered for those who preorder, and in a beautiful single LP and double gatefold format with art by David Mack.

http://www.rarebirdbooks.com/new-products/palahniuk

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I ordered a copy of this, too. But I doubt I'll listen to it or even open it for that matter. I have zero interest in the Fight Club 2 comics or a Fight Club prequel. Both just seem born out of commerce and highly unnecessary
    Bought a copy as well.
    The story "Expedition" is gonna in the "Make Something Up" short story collection book... so I'll read it at least.

I read the first several pages of the Issue #1 and actually enjoyed it.
    I'm on the fence about the whole sequel thing... but those first several pages were a positive experience.
    I'm not talking about the Free Comic Book Day one, believe it was on Playboy or something.

I do hope Chuck creates something interesting and decent. I would love to see all those involved with the first movie come back for a sequel if it's worth it.

I'm a huge fan of his book "RANT" and I cannot wait for the movie!
    Though I think "Rant" could work better as a mini-series, especially since it was meant to be a trilogy.
    I actually own the audiobook of "Rant" and it's one of the best, especially because the story is told from a bunch of different people as an oral biography.
    With the audiobook, they used different people to read for each character discussing the main character.
    I actually consider "Rant" my favorite book from Chuck out of all of his books.
    I really hope they do the book justice with the movie... heard James Franco is helping bring it to the screen, but not as the director.
    He's suppose to star and produce it with some female director/friend.

We're also getting "Lullaby" as a movie with Chuck co-writing the screenplay.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    my copy of "your funeral...my trial" arrived. so happy i finally have a proper copy of this album after all the bullshit i went through.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    my copy of "your funeral...my trial" arrived. so happy i finally have a proper copy of this album after all the bullshit i went through.
    Have they sorted out all the issue with it? It's great to hear you got a regular copy finally by the way, it took a long time for them to get it right for you! I'm assuming you have ever NC reissue now?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Have they sorted out all the issue with it? It's great to hear you got a regular copy finally by the way, it took a long time for them to get it right for you! I'm assuming you have ever NC reissue now?
    i have all the ones that have been released so far. the next set should be arriving next week (the good son, henry's dream, murder ballads) and then no more shall we part and the boatman's call are coming out mid-june.

as for this one, i had to track it down myself. found a seller i had previously bought stuff from on discogs who was awesome and willing to open/listen to it for me before sending it to make sure it was pressed properly. wish the support people from the nick cave website were more receptive to my concerns and did something to look into all the fucked up copies. anyway, gonna listen to it this afternoon!
    Last edited by eversonpoe; 05-08-2015 at 02:34 PM.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

My online orders finally came in last night!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    http://vinylmeplease.com

I'd so join this if choice of monthly records were reliable.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    My Option 30 7" came in REALLY fast.....lots of surface noise at first but then it quiets down when the songs start. Sadly one of the labels look like it didnt adhere to the record all the way and its lifting pretty badly

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Shit, might want to check. That looks like two labels got pressed on it. There should *in theory* be another label pressed into the disc under that bubbly one. I've had that happen to me a couple of times before.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    How did I miss out on this release!? Blood filled too!!

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    what is this sourced from? original masters or the digital copies floating around the net?

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Remastered from the original source

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Remastered from the original source
    When is this coming out? I have seen the blood and green splattered one but never this one

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    It came out last September

http://www.fridaythe13thfranchise.co...-13th-ost.html

In other news, I just dropped $100 on a record and I'm fucking pumped to get it and play it LOUD. I've been after this one for YEARS and one just finally popped up on Discogs. I'll post photos for sure once I receive it!