Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: nin official discord server

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Since it hasn't been posted here yet, Reznor said after the show in November, they're done touring.

"When / IF we tour again, it will be different. Not like CBI era - it's over."

Enjoy that pulsating cock full of nothing, rest of the world!

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

nin official discord server

using “when/if” is so like him and yet, still so offensive to me. i personally would’ve love to have that info before making my decision to not catch any fall dates. nothing i can do now, mr. reznor.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    using “when/if” is so like him and yet, still so offensive to me. i personally would’ve love to have that info before making my decision to not catch any fall dates. nothing i can do now, mr. reznor.
    I feel the same, Texas to these locations is a bit of a long haul. Fortunately I had friends in Berkeley that helped inspire a trip, but if that date is in Sacramento I likely don't see a 2022 show.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Not sure how to take that comment. I hope he's just burnt out a bit and ends up reinventing the live show, either visually or otherwise. I'd hate to see a lineup change though.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Maybe the "when/if" is a cheeky response due to the state the world's been in lately? It's hard to be definitive or make such commitments with a future that is so up in the air and uncertain.

Especially in the face of what we all went through with COVID the last couple years, plus with economic hardship and political conflicts that can/have spiralled out of control. I wouldn't blame him if he hasn't quite figured out what's next, just that it'll be different.

Obviously it doesn't do folks much good to dread the unknowns of the future and avoid making concrete plans but I'm sure TR is just as susceptible to such hesitations as the rest of us.

This is all of course baseless speculation on my part, i have no idea what his thoughts are. Just a possible theory or guess as to his perspective, i am likely 100% way off.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    I just took it to mean that this touring cycle has reached its conclusion, and they don't have any plans lined up currently for any future touring. I'm sure they'll go back out on the road again when the time is right, whether that's a new album to promote or he just feels like it.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Just give me some new music and we can go from there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I was under the understanding that he would never announce or say he was doing another retirement tour after Wave Goodbye. I fully expect someday the touring to really come to an end without warning. He said he wasn't gonna be like kiss and motley crew pretty much. I'm always hopping there is more but at the same time I'll never skip a tour.
    Last edited by bryan_NIN65; 09-29-2022 at 06:56 PM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    I just took it to mean that this touring cycle has reached its conclusion, and they don't have any plans lined up currently for any future touring. I'm sure they'll go back out on the road again when the time is right, whether that's a new album to promote or he just feels like it.
    Same. I didn't read it as anything ominous, i.e. they may never tour again. Just a simple statement that there are no future touring plans on the horizon, and whenever they're ready tour again, they'll be starting from scratch rather than carting out the same general aesthetic they've been doing since 2017.

People at shows have been saying stuff like, "I'll be so sad when they retire" as if it's going to happen any day now. My response is, "look how fucking in shape these guys are." I'm sure at some point they'll find a time and a way to gracefully move away from the live space, but they can easily keep going for another 10+ years if they want to.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    but they can easily keep going for another 10+ years if they want to.
    What I worry about is sometimes they only average 2 or 3 tours in ten years. So I'm my head I'm thinking maybe 5 to 7 more tours before it's over. This was the third tour since 2014 and they may not tour again till 2024.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Sounds like no more shows other than LA/Chi/NYC/Vegas/Red Rocks for the remainder of their career.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bryan_NIN65 View Post
    What I worry about is ... maybe 5 to 7 more tours before it's over.
    That seems like an odd thing to worry about. 5 to 7 more tours would be amazing.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bryan_NIN65 View Post
    I was under the understanding that he would never announce or say he was doing another retirement tour after Wave Goodbye. I fully expect someday the touring to really come to an end without warning. He said he wasn't gonna be like kiss and motley crew pretty much. I'm always hopping there is more but at the same time I'll never skip a tour.
    I don't want them to be like Kiss or Motley Crew either, but at the same time, I'd appreciate a warning, like "hey, this is the last tour. If you want to see us one last time, you'd better buy a ticket." But I agree with you – I'll never skip a tour again. I missed out on the Wave Goodbye tour and for four years I kicked myself for not finding a way to make it to one of the Chicago shows. Obviously I've had plenty of opportunities to see them since then (and the CBI tour basically made up for it), but it was something that ate at me for years until they announced their return to the road in support of Hesitation Marks.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I don't want them to be like Kiss or Motley Crew either, but at the same time, I'd appreciate a warning, like "hey, this is the last tour. If you want to see us one last time, you'd better buy a ticket."
    But how many bands have done that, fully intending to never return to the stage, only to come back years later? Trent already did that with Wave Goodbye, so I think he would be hesitant to say for sure if a tour will be the last one. I think when it's over, it'll just be over. Trent & Atticus will pack Nine Inch Nails away and that'll be it.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    But how many bands have done that, fully intending to never return to the stage, only to come back years later? Trent already did that with Wave Goodbye, so I think he would be hesitant to say for sure if a tour will be the last one. I think when it's over, it'll just be over. Trent & Atticus will pack Nine Inch Nails away and that'll be it.
    That's a valid point. I guess I was thinking more of a low-key comment ("this might be the last one, guys") directly to the fan community on their Discord channel or something, as opposed to making it official by naming the tour "Wave Goodbye 2" or something like that. Let's just hope that day is still many, many years away!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    That seems like an odd thing to worry about. 5 to 7 more tours would be amazing.
    Yeah I get it , I've had close people pass during the pandemic (not COVID related) but just seeing these people not be able to enjoy their last couple years really makes me try and do everything I think I might want to do. And treat everything as if it could be the last. You just never know. Sorry to be a downer.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    That's a valid point. I guess I was thinking more of a low-key comment ("this might be the last one, guys") directly to the fan community on their Discord channel or something, as opposed to making it official by naming the tour "Wave Goodbye 2" or something like that. Let's just hope that day is still many, many years away!
    that's a good way to get a large announcement considering how 'news' works anymore.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Uh did that person even read the credits? Either on Broken or AATCHB?
    Actually, Martin said it directly to my face. Issues done and dealt with, and clarified anyway.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Trent probably looks forward to planning a tour as much as I enjoy booking a root canal with my dentist. Planning, restrictions, deceit, and deception. Maybe he's been there and done that; time for something new.

I often wonder if touring is dangerous for him and the band. We will never know what it is like on the road and how difficult it is to step off the stage after an intense 2 hour set and skip the party/booze/drugs.... just go to bed and do it again tomorrow.

Bands like Pearl Jam and the Rolling Stones appear to enjoy the clean tour/stage and lifestyle balance.

What what's the problem with NIN? TR has had a sour taste in his mouth ever since the end of the Y_Z era.

I can't believe he launched the W_T tours in small venues thinking most of his fanbase lost interest. Tickets for the (2) Toronto shows sold out in one.point.three seconds.

Anyways, I'd love to hear some new rocking-industrial-synth NIN; I've been feeling good about myself lately and I could use a reminder of how dead I am inside.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    He surrounds himself with the right people. It’s as simple as that. Not sure what the rest of this is about.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Not to mention irrelevant thread

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    Since it hasn't been posted here yet, Reznor said after the show in November, they're done touring.

"When / IF we tour again, it will be different. Not like CBI era - it's over."

Enjoy that pulsating cock full of nothing, rest of the world!
    My guess as for what that actually means : I've honored the contract that I've had with the full band and crew, who were on retainers for two years because of the pandemic, and I can't keep paying retainers indefinitely so everybody's free for now. When we tour again we'll see where everyone's at. Same for the stage production, not paying to store all that shit for two more years until we decide to tour again. We're getting rid of it, so next time = new production.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    They are definitely not done touring, no way. This rhetoric is not new. Even throughout 2009 tour it sounded like TR can't make up his mind. Plus there's probably some COVID talking in him too. At pretty much every show in 2022 he was talking about how it still weird and scary for him to be outside in front of a crowd of people instead of being locked in the room.

Here's some quotes.

Vegas 2008, last show of LITS tour:
    "On the website the other day I posted something about not playing anymore. And here's the scoop. [...] We're going to start up in Australia in January or in February as a 4-piece [...] then we're going to play a series of shows in the States, starting April. And then we gonna go to Europe for a little while, and that's it, so... Get it while you can. That's it for now. I mean, you never know with me. Um, you never know."

Brisbane 2009: "The band's going on hiatus for a while"
    Sydney 2009: "We gonna go away for a little while. [...] We'll be back some day... in some form."
    Melbourne 2009: "We're going to take a break at the end of next few months"
    Milan 2009: "This is our last tour for a while."
    Roskilde 2009: "It will be our last show here for... maybe ever, I don't know."

Detroit 2014: "I don't know when we'll be back, I don't know IF we'll be back, but this is a great night tonight"
    Holmdel 2014: "I don't know when we'll be back, I don't know IF we'll be back, but as always TYVM"
    Tampa 2014: "I don't know if we're ever coming back or not, but it's been a real honor to be here."
    Mountain View 2014: "This is it for us for the indefinite future"
    Seattle 2014: "This is the last show we gonna do for... maybe ever? maybe next few years at least."

San Antonio 2018: "I heard someone, uh... "predicting" this is our last tour we're going... we're not. We'll be back. Our plan is to return."
    LA 2018: "As you may know we're nearing the end of this tour. Would be the last shows for... foreseeable future. [crowd: Booo]. I didn't say it was the LAST show, I just said it was the last show for quite some time"

Bonus: pretty much every show on Fragility tour: "We're gonna be back sooner next time, I promise we're not gonna fuck around for 5 years" [lol right]

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prick View Post
    Not to mention irrelevant thread

How so and why are you calling me out? I was replying to the multiple previous posts and comments in this thread which discuss the end/change of touring. "When / IF we tour again, it will be different. Not like CBI era - it's over."

TR has made it clear that touring has become less of an enjoyment; and being a recovering addict I wonder if touring is a trigger and not worth the risk. He's also said he's tired of playing the same songs over and over the same way... etc.

So I get it.

I'd love to see an OST tour in a calmer venue.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snaapz View Post
    Trent probably looks forward to planning a tour as much as I enjoy booking a root canal with my dentist. Planning, restrictions, deceit, and deception. Maybe he's been there and done that; time for something new.

I often wonder if touring is dangerous for him and the band. We will never know what it is like on the road and how difficult it is to step off the stage after an intense 2 hour set and skip the party/booze/drugs.... just go to bed and do it again tomorrow.

Bands like Pearl Jam and the Rolling Stones appear to enjoy the clean tour/stage and lifestyle balance.

What what's the problem with NIN? TR has had a sour taste in his mouth ever since the end of the Y_Z era.

I can't believe he launched the W_T tours in small venues thinking most of his fanbase lost interest. Tickets for the (2) Toronto shows sold out in one.point.three seconds.

Anyways, I'd love to hear some new rocking-industrial-synth NIN; I've been feeling good about myself lately and I could use a reminder of how dead I am inside.
    Toronto With_Teeth show was so good. Ugh. The freaking ceiling was dripping with moisture. TR with that stage dive too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Broskirose (Corona Radiata) just got himself banned in Discordance lol

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    OF COURSE HE DID.

It was as I had foreseen/warned folks about. And some of you were cool with him being back here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yeah he started spouting off right wing talking points and posted a PragerU video... we were all just kinda done with him.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    That’s what he does

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Yeah i was just wondering when that was going to happen, they just couldn't help themselves and can't understand that most people don't want to see that garbage.

They kept pushing to have all these political debates when clearly the server is not the appropriate venue for that sort of thing.. plus i really don't want to hear about your Great Reset WEF COVID conspiracy theories brah!