Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: nin official discord server

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    hello fellow ets-ers. i need a favor from you. could you kindly take it upon yourselves to post discord summaries here in this thread? i’m happy to give shout outs on the hotline to anyone who supplies them. We’d like to keep a record of any significant band posts.

i’ve been meaning to do it myself but i’m a bit swamped as i volunteer for several activities and all of them are coming to a head this weekend. It would really help to have the people who are using discord keep track. otherwise i have to dig thru it which i’m getting better at but i haven’t had too much opportunity to do it since last week. thank you to anyone who wants to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, I've also been meaning to recap some of the things going on these past few days. Will get something written up in a bit and try to get a regular cadence going, if there's anything of note to mention.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    hello fellow ets-ers. i need a favor from you. could you kindly take it upon yourselves to post discord summaries here in this thread? i’m happy to give shout outs on the hotline to anyone who supplies them. We’d like to keep a record of any significant band posts.

i’ve been meaning to do it myself but i’m a bit swamped as i volunteer for several activities and all of them are coming to a head this weekend. It would really help to have the people who are using discord keep track. otherwise i have to dig thru it which i’m getting better at but i haven’t had too much opportunity to do it since last week. thank you to anyone who wants to help.

I’ll help out for the next couple of weeks! I’m quarantined with COVID for the next few weeks, so it’ll be a good activity to get my mind off of the ick. 😷 🤒

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    There are a few ways to approach this, given the nature of Discord.

For instance, there's the high level summary:

On May 13th, the question of the day prompt was around creating characters for the band members to join in on your D&D session. A standout response was by user @Snowytiger who created an original black and white illustration of Trent as a wizard (link). Trent was thrilled with the image, responding "now THAT'S what the fuck i'm talking about! Exactly why we started this server! Bravo." and changing his profile picture from Sinistar to a cropped version of the image. Further conversation tuned to how the image would make a great airbrushed side to a van, and Trent revealed as a kid he had the AMT KISS Custom Chevy Van model kit and one day dreamed of having his own cool van. When prompted as to if he had that van now, he replied "Some dreams may best remain dreams..."

You could further document this by showing the individual messages in text form:

TR: now THAT'S what the fuck i'm talking about!
    TR: Exactly why we started this server! Bravo.

superboredom: It's side of a conversion van worthy artwork
    TR: I had this model as a kid and dreamed of a day when I could own a real one with cool band artwork on the side...

dcpally: Well do you have one now??
    TR: Some dreams may best remain dreams...

Or actual screenshots of the message w/ reactions:

Picture1.png
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    OK, guys, I've been talking to @Corona Radiata (aka Broskirose), and he would like a second chance to participate in our community.

He admits that he acted like a bit of an asshole in the previous incident regarding Kraw. We agreed that it would be best to not dredge it up and re-litigate it, and he would like to post and participate like a normal member. So, I would appreciate it if you all would give him a chance and not bring up that stuff either.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Please no. He had a bunch aliases here. This is a mistake. You only need to look at the first couple pages of Reports and Suggestions to see all of them typing the same shit. It was him and he fucking knows it. It was far from just the Kraw nonsense.

Next you’re going to tell me Jeff Scott feels realllll bad too.
    Last edited by Swykk; 05-19-2022 at 06:17 PM.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Please no. He had a bunch aliases here.
    I haven't seen any evidence of this. If you know of something specifically that I should look at, PM me the details, and I'll take a look.

Broskirose knows what the expectations are for his behavior, and if it's problematic, then it's a simple matter to ban him.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I directed you and others to it. He’s Digital Villain, Bad Witch, and Jughead. I’ll say it again—There’s threads full of evidence in Reports and Suggestions. This was figured out awhile back.

You’re falling for an act.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

I'll continue to screenshot/copy anything of note that I see when I happen to be on but I'm usually only on for a few minutes at a time at random intervals which doesn't work well for trying to find and read things said by the band.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    I directed you and others to it. He’s Digital Villain, Bad Witch, and Jughead. I’ll say it again—There’s threads full of evidence in Reports and Suggestions. This was figured out awhile back.

You’re falling for an act.
    I said PM me details, and I mean it.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

nin official discord server

Quote Originally Posted by bgalbraith View Post
    There are a few ways to approach this, given the nature of Discord.

For instance, there's the high level summary:

On May 13th, the question of the day prompt was around creating characters for the band members to join in on your D&D session. A standout response was by user @Snowytiger who created an original black and white illustration of Trent as a wizard (link). Trent was thrilled with the image, responding "now THAT'S what the fuck i'm talking about! Exactly why we started this server! Bravo." and changing his profile picture from Sinistar to a cropped version of the image. Further conversation tuned to how the image would make a great airbrushed side to a van, and Trent revealed as a kid he had the AMT KISS Custom Chevy Van model kit and one day dreamed of having his own cool van. When prompted as to if he had that van now, he replied "Some dreams may best remain dreams..."

You could further document this by showing the individual messages in text form:

TR: now THAT'S what the fuck i'm talking about!
    TR: Exactly why we started this server! Bravo.

superboredom: It's side of a conversion van worthy artwork
    TR: I had this model as a kid and dreamed of a day when I could own a real one with cool band artwork on the side...

dcpally: Well do you have one now??
    TR: Some dreams may best remain dreams...

Or actual screenshots of the message w/ reactions:

Picture1.png
    i think just high level text summaries will work. no images. stuff that’s noteworthy, like scoring a film but not messaging ordering pizza for you if you guess who’s film. even if that’s included, that’s fine too. i posted a few summaries i took from this thread here: https://www.theninhotline.com/news/permalink/1652403551

you can see i added direct links to posts when i could. the desktop discord interface works great for searching for trent’s posts (i swear i’ll search for atticus soon). that’s where i found the ability to direct link to them. after that i found it’s in the app too. i was going to try to keep track of band activity on my phone but i’m not on discordance enough and i know a lot of you are. it would help so much in the long run.

thank you @bgalbraith and thanks again to anyone who wants to contribute.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Giving this a go. I dig it but I can't understand 85% of what she's singing. lol #stupidmerican

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    What kind of times/time zones do the “officials” tend to chat in? I might try to drop in more but it’s pretty quiet in GMT mornings for example. Ta

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    As a fan of more of the more mainstream(ish) music like a lot of us are, I feel like a road trip with Trent owning the AUX cable would be the weirdest fucking time of my life lol

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Oh shit, I missed that he was into that Rosalia record! That's such a good album.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I did not enjoy that album at all. Maybe I need to listen to it again. I liked her first album but this is quite different.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Ok I have begrudgingly started using discord (to aquire rare Jackass related content), how do I get in on this NIN party?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Ok I have begrudgingly started using discord (to aquire rare Jackass related content), how do I get in on this NIN party?
    Click the invite link in the tweet embedded in the first post of this thread.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    What kind of times/time zones do the “officials” tend to chat in? I might try to drop in more but it’s pretty quiet in GMT mornings for example. Ta
    Usually when GMT is asleep from what I've seen, insomnia has it's benefits. I've seen various Team Anxiety accounts pop up from 5:30pm to the early am.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Looks like the band had some adventures getting to FL

stLxfvdndsrx.png

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    There was a time when this coupled with the travel shenanigans would have set off our dude.

Screen Shot 2022-05-22 at 4.16.02 PM.png

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    There was a time when this coupled with the travel shenanigans would have set off our dude.

Screen Shot 2022-05-22 at 4.16.02 PM.png
    Uh did that person even read the credits? Either on Broken or AATCHB?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Yeah, I believe that was pointed out down the chat.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    This is like the IRC.

I got an authentication error notice and had to file a ticket, was helped immediately by someone really nice.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Not only that but in the early days of live shows Trent would say that it was a song they did with Pigface.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    People are really fucking dumb.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    People are really fucking dumb.
    Or just uninformed? Look who wrote “Suck” (“Track Listing”).

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Or just uninformed? Look who wrote “Suck” (“Track Listing”).

This is exactly what happened. The person just didn't know, He never saw it in the liner notes. If you guys look at his response (its literally the one right before Trent says to knock it off.)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryalex12 View Post
    This is exactly what happened. The person just didn't know, He never saw it in the liner notes. If you guys look at his response (its literally the one right before Trent says to knock it off.)
    The person seemed to think Reznor was doing a “version” of a Pigface song, but Reznor co-wrote that Pigface song while contributing to songs on that Pigface album (“Gub”). Which this person just didn’t know and Reznor evidently didn’t feel like explaining. Which doesn’t necessarily make this person dumb. Just kinda late to the party, so to speak? But us sitting here shit-starting is doing exactly what Reznor asked this person NOT to do?
    Last edited by allegro; 05-23-2022 at 05:28 AM.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Yes, not everyone knows everything with regards to the lore of NIN so best not to be elitist (not accusing just stating generally) - It's this kind of attitude that can drive people away. Be welcoming, offer assistance. Educate with fun facts. Be nice!

I can understand TR being in "i ain't got time for shit", "airports are hell", "i got a show to perform", "it's time to kick ass" mode, so i imagine that was a careful warning just in case.

I think it can be really difficult sometimes to gauge the full context of someone's intent in such a drive-by fashion when it comes to Discord.
    Last edited by thelastdisciple; 05-23-2022 at 01:59 AM.