Page 6 of 60 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN Live 2022 SPOILERS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    NOLA 2018 can't be my one and only. Can't make the dates in April or May so have no option but to try for the Red Rocks. YOLO.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    It sucks living in a flyover state. But hey, at least they made sure California was covered, honestly completely shocked they didn't hit chicago for 9 individual dates like the last run.
    I'm so tired of every major tour having a million shows in fucking Chicago.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Serene Nymph View Post
    I've never bought tickets online.
    Can anyone explain why there's presale for "NIN" tickets and a separate sale for festival tickets? It appears that I can buy Shaky Knees tickets right now. Which is better?
    Do I have to go on Ticket Master to access tomorrow's presale and nowhere else? Would either method give a better price?
    Festival Tickets are usually grouped by days so you can check out all the acts featured on that specific day. The dates just announced are shows where NIN is the only headliner, it's their specific performance so you're buying a single ticket for NIN and their opening acts.

If you want to see a bunch of bands + NIN, a festival show is your ideal situation. If you just care about NIN, then you should try to get a ticket for the newly announced dates.

Go to NIN.com/live and use those links to try and buy tickets for the show you want to see.

I hope this makes sense & answers your questions.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Serene Nymph View Post
    I've never bought tickets online.
    Can anyone explain why there's presale for "NIN" tickets and a separate sale for festival tickets? It appears that I can buy Shaky Knees tickets right now. Which is better?
    Do I have to go on Ticket Master to access tomorrow's presale and nowhere else? Would either method give a better price?
    Festival ticket sales are generally going to be separate from the rest of the tour stops, so if you want to go to the festival shows, do it from the fesitval's own website to make sure you're not getting ripped off.

As for the rest: yeah, Ticketmaster is unfortunately your only option. It will suck. Ticketmaster will actively do everything they can to make every step of the process suck. There won't be anywhere cheaper, but do watch out because Ticketmaster has integrated secondary market stuff. So you may end up seeing resales in the listings for far in excess of the base price of the tickets. (Possibly they only do that once the "public" onsale has happened?) Ticketmaster also does their damned "variable pricing" bullshit so maybe even their own non-resold tickets can go up? I dunno about that, but they are, alas, going to be the cheapest place to get them. (Unless maybe the shows sell very poorly and scalpers end up underselling just to make something back.)

As for separate presales, it's just a bunch of different small blocks of tickets which are protected by a password. If there's multiple presales and you miss out on one, you can try your luck with another (so long as you've got the password). And you can always just try again on the "public" onsales on Friday, of course. Note that especially for the presales, it will go real fast. Make sure you're logged in well in advance of the onsale time. Good luck, it'll be awful!

Quote Originally Posted by Shit Mirror View Post
    Deja fucking vu.
    Yeah, I feel you -- sorry to hear that you caught it despite being as careful as possible. It can really suck to feel like you're the only one taking the pandemic seriously anymore... I know too many COVID-floor nurses who've been continuing to get wrecked physically and emotionally by this whole thing, so I've been continuing to isolate (while being fully vax'd+boosted) as well. I've had a couple friends even end up in the hospital despite being vax'd+boosted, though fortunately without the worst of the symptoms, and they're all doing fine now. I'm staring down a March+April of having tickets to things that I optimistically bought last spring/summer, which I'm almost certainly gonna just resell / give away instead.

I can understand someone's willingness to go to an outdoor vax-required show, though, especially in areas where spring is going to be going on in full force, and hopefully we all get a little breather (pun not intended) from infection rates. It'll certainly be interesting to see how things look in late April, let alone September. And hopefully the venues actually do a thorough + competent job of checking cards and enforcing masks, though I've heard anecdotally that that's probably the exception, rather than the rule. (Just, like, in general. I didn't hear anything specifically about any of these venues.)

Myself, I'm planning on trying to get tickets for that Cleveland show, and will try to be optimistic that I'll feel good enough about going, by then. Here's hoping!
    Last edited by xolotl; 02-07-2022 at 04:50 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moebius View Post
    It appears that most of these venues will have a GA section in front, according to my quick research.

Note this is based on what's posted on the official venue/ticket sites, they've been wrong before so could be different when the sales start.

Venues with front GA:
    - Franklin, TN (Firstbank Amphitheater, capacity 7500) - GA pit (seating chart)
    - Troutdale, OR (Edgefield, capacity 7000) - All GA (listed as "General Admission")
    - Bend, OR (Hayden Homes Amphitheater, capacity 8000) - All GA (seating chart)
    - Las Vegas, NV (Zapos Theater, capacity 7000) - GA pit (seating chart)
    - Cleveland, OH (Blossom Music Center, capacity 23000) - GA pit (seating chart)
    - Berkeley, CA (Greek Theatre, capacity 8500) - All GA (listed as "General Admission")

Venues without front GA:
    - Raleigh, NC (Red Hat Amphitheater) - Seats + lawn (seating chart)
    - Denver, CO (Red Rocks, capacity 9545) - Seats + rear GA (no seating chart posted but based on previous NIN shows)
    From what I read online, Red Hat in Raleigh also has a GA pit depending on the type of show. It could be that Ticketmaster is not using the correct seating chart.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Last time he said he was going to take up a residency at here haha. Given the Covid situation, a nice airy outdoor venue like Red Rocks is the perfect place for them to play as many shows as possible.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Just came to post this!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I'm going to be buying 4 tickets tomorrow during the presale, will it be easier getting, say, 2 tickets, as opposed to the 4? Or does it make no difference?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    It sucks living in a flyover state. But hey, at least they made sure California was covered, honestly completely shocked they didn't hit chicago for 9 individual dates like the last run.
    Some people think theyre still going to do Riot Fesf but I dont think theres any reason for them to have to make the flight after Primavera to go do that and hang out before Kentucky. If NIN added a vegas date for example that pretty much guarantees theyre not doing it. And who knows, what if Lollapalooza booked them and theyre gonna have a batch of dates around that but cant announce til next month.

Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    I'm going to be buying 4 tickets tomorrow during the presale, will it be easier getting, say, 2 tickets, as opposed to the 4? Or does it make no difference?
    Youll pay more if you buy 2 and 2. Theyll stick you with some extra processing and venue fees cause its 2 transactions.
    Last edited by suprefan; 02-07-2022 at 06:24 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Ahh, Chicago. AKA: We only play here and not in Wisconsin anymore. But i'll tell you what, I even miss the commutes to IL NIN shows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    Not sure anyone will know the answer to this, but does this likely mean tickets won't be available on after-market like Stub Hub? I have a pretty hefty credit on Stub Hub from when I purchased tix to the Cleveland show last year that was cancelled and wouldn't mind using the credit to one of these shows if I miss out tomorrow.

Also - when I saw Coheed at Red Hat in Raleigh, they did have a pit section.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Makes me wonder if Aftershock is a possibility.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Alright, someone hooked me up with a pre-sale code.

I'm going to try to buy tickets for Cleveland, in the hopes that it's safe to go, when the time comes. I'm triple-vaxxed, and it's an outdoor venue, so unless there's another new variant that appears I should be OK.

I don't think the border is going to re-close, so if I can grab tickets I should be able to go.

If everything goes well this'll be my first time leaving the country since covid started....my fingers are crossed!!!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by redwingsrock View Post
    Not sure anyone will know the answer to this, but does this likely mean tickets won't be available on after-market like Stub Hub? I have a pretty hefty credit on Stub Hub from when I purchased tix to the Cleveland show last year that was cancelled and wouldn't mind using the credit to one of these shows if I miss out tomorrow.

I guess it depends on what NIN convinced ticketbastard to agree to. A lot of shows are mobile only with rotating changing tickets like that, but most of the time the ticketbastard app will still allow you to send those tickets to someone else through the app.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Fuck it, might try to go to NC show. But, looking at the dates, they're playing Lolla or Summerfest.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I wonder whether Pitchfork in Chicago is an option too.

At this point, I'll be pissed if they suddenly announce more standalone shows on the East Coast. Would hate to make all these travel arrangements for the band to then play closer dates.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I think there's a chance they'll come back to Mexico, right?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by redwingsrock View Post

There is very much going to be an aftermarket. The only way that NIN could prevent resale is if all the shows were will call only with immediate entry. Resellers would have to show up and spend their time at the show to try and make money off a couple extra tickets. All theyre doing is spewing out the same stuff Live Nation does with any major tour and such, but re worded to NIN. They really got lazy and shouldve sent unique passwords to everyone on the email list. That way you cant just give it to everyone and their mother. the waiting room has been a thing for so long, I dont know why theyre even bringing it up like they just created the ultimate safeguards. There are programs that can get around waiting room checks and everything, so this is all useless.

Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    Makes me wonder if Aftershock is a possibility.
    Maybe, but having the Berkeley show booked is a strike against that due to a radius clause. Although theyre def waiving that due to MCR being back as a headliner this year. Higher chance of ACL with the time frame.

Quote Originally Posted by buckets of lube View Post

At this point, I'll be pissed if they suddenly announce more standalone shows on the East Coast. Would hate to make all these travel arrangements for the band to then play closer dates.
    Not that they cant afford it, but it would be pretty weird to have them headline Pitchfork. It would be the oddest mix of rock bros and cool kids the fest has ever seen. Even crazier than the R Kelly year. Higher chance of Lolla. Unless they are a surprise for Summerfest? Summerfest runs through the middle of September and prob would go out of their way to book a show for them with a bunch of random bands.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Rumor is Pitchfork 2022 is July 15-17th. I could see maybe NIN doing one of the cover-to-cover sets. Pitchfork, Summerfest, or Lolla. I mean, no midwest shows is nuts. Well, other than Ohio but that is a big IOU show.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Yeah, I’m in the same camp…haven’t received any emails or pre-sales codes. If someone could hook me up via PM, I would be forever in debt. Trying to snag a ticket to Raleigh.

PS- I have bought tons of merch over the past few years (and went to lots of shows in 2017-18). So really not sure how I didn’t receive an email. Sigh!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    I'm so tired of every major tour having a million shows in fucking Chicago.
    Counterpoint...Chicago is easily accessible to millions via air, road, and rail, has legit mass transit options, and has lots to see and do during the day between shows.

So if you want to get out of town, hit up a few shows, and NOT be a road warrior yourself, mini-residencies in destination/hub cities such as CHI aren't all that bad.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zimbo View Post
    Rumor is Pitchfork 2022 is July 15-17th. I could see maybe NIN doing one of the cover-to-cover sets. Pitchfork, Summerfest, or Lolla. I mean, no midwest shows is nuts. Well, other than Ohio but that is a big IOU show.
    Its def July 15 - 17. And Pitchfork doesnt do that stuff anymore with artists doing a specific kind of set. Belle and Sebastian in 2019 did If Youre Feeling Sinister in full cause it was something they were doing on tour, but before that there hasnt been something of that sort since 2008. All Tomorrows Parties was a partner with them and those guys booked those acts to do that stuff. but they went belly up a while ago.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    From what I read online, Red Hat in Raleigh also has a GA pit depending on the type of show. It could be that Ticketmaster is not using the correct seating chart.
    You're right, that's quite possible, but that's what they currently have showing. We'll just have to see.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    I think there's a chance they'll come back to Mexico, right?

Canada would be nice too, maynnn.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Something I would like to see in lieu of an international tour is something like a stream of their rehearsals or something like that, towards the end obviously. Hopefully one or other of the festivals will be streamed

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    traveling is out the picture for me so I am hoping he announces some more dates, including in NYC...

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tampa has a nice amphitheater #justSayin

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Can someone kindly message me the presale code? I'm signed up for the mailing list but never got an email. Idk if there are unique codes, but I'm specifically planning on buying tix for Red Rocks

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buzburbank View Post
    Counterpoint...Chicago is easily accessible to millions via air, road, and rail, has legit mass transit options, and has lots to see and do during the day between shows.

So if you want to get out of town, hit up a few shows, and NOT be a road warrior yourself, mini-residencies in destination/hub cities such as CHI aren't all that bad.
    Yeah I've traveled to Chicago for multiple tours. It's expensive as fucking hell. And quite frankly... not that worth it.