4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Hoping it's new material RELATED to YZ.
    Yes, you've literally read my mind.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LexTron6K View Post
    HOT TAKE:

NIN will either be doing these shows supporting Year Zero (for obvious reasons) or will be supporting new material.

Thoughts?
    Hope it's not YZ! My least favorite record!

Holy crap. Well, the Tennessee show might be the closest show in the cards for me ... but fuck it, I think I'm going to have my wife and I take a trip to Denver for back to back Nine Inch Nails shows. Usually, I try to make things the easiest logistically and money wise ... but with the last two years of the fucking pandemic and losing my Mom, my brother, my pet cat and the constant stress of being the sole caregiver for a Dad battling cancer, I'm going to do something fun for myself for a change.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Calling it now: more European dates in the Summer announced next.
    Otherwise they'd just put Hellfest on that poster above and call it simply NIN2022 without mentioning U.S.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Yes yes yes! Two nights are Red Rocks! Hoping I can get tickets!

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I didn't get the presale email, can someone share? Pretty pretty please....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I didn't get the email either...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Deja fucking vu.

Like I said last year
    Quote Originally Posted by Shit Mirror View Post
    I'm not willing to risk my death or the death of others, but best of luck to the rest of you, and I hope September will turn out to be as healthy as you optimistically think it will be.

I'm already fully vaxxed, but until this pandemic is *over*, I'm not coming out of my bunker - even for NIN.
    The pandemic is not over.
    Thousands of people in the US are dying every day.

It is not going to be over in April.
    I highly doubt it will be over in September, but I would love to be wrong.

Even though I am fully vaxxed, I caught covid and am coughing my lungs up right now, because of fucking assholes acting like the pandemic is over.

People going to these shows WILL get sick, and WILL spread it to people, and some of the people that you spread it to WILL DIE.

By scheduling these shows, Trent is saying, again, that he cares more about money than the lives of his fans and their families.
    Last edited by Shit Mirror; 02-07-2022 at 12:17 PM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shit Mirror View Post
    By scheduling these shows, Trent is saying, again, that he cares more about money than the lives of his fans and their families.
    Only as much as every single movie theater, restaurant, gym, sporting arena, concert venue, etc. which has kept its doors open over the past year for people who choose to attend the events they host. No one is forced to go see a movie or attend the Super Bowl; they're simply being given the option to.

Also, shows are scheduled based on current projections. If you recall, the last time NIN shows were scheduled, it was because of the projections at the time. When things changed, the shows were cancelled. There's no reason to expect anything different this time around. The new show schedule is based on current projections, which have been fairly optimistic, but if the situation worsens, the tour will be cancelled/postponed/etc. as a result.

On a personal note, I've been to about half a dozen concerts over the past several months, and the protocols have been incredibly safe. Granted, that's in LA, where people are respectful of the rules and it's easy to have outdoor venues, but still, public events have been back and going strong for some time now, so being optimistic that a small tour can take place in September is not at all off base.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The prospect of seeing NIN live is one of the few things keeping me motivated (well, and Doctor Who). There are no dates in or near Wisconsin (two years of cancelled shows in Ohio make me skittish there). So I guess I am going to Colorado again.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    So only red rocks gets 2 nights. Trent wasn't kidding about loving red rocks.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Last time he said he was going to take up a residency at here haha. Given the Covid situation, a nice airy outdoor venue like Red Rocks is the perfect place for them to play as many shows as possible.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I'm getting married in October, so I'm trying to conserve funds to pay for that. My but best man just suggested Red Rocks for my bachelor party. Never been there and it's always been a bucket list venue. This MIGHT be the opportunity to do it....

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    So glad I'd held off buying a day pass to Shaky Knees. Hometown show (Nashville), ftw!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    All these venues are outdoors. Ideally the security would enforce mask wearing, but attendees can still wear KN95's/KF94's/N95's.

A bit concerned nonetheless about traveling to covid hotspots, but fuck it. YOLO.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckets of lube View Post
    All these venues are outdoors. Ideally the security would enforce mask wearing, but attendees can still wear KN95's/KF94's/N95's.

A bit concerned nonetheless about traveling to covid hotspots, but fuck it. YOLO.
    Vegas is indoors. Its strange that they booked Zappos and not the Virgin Hotels theater which is the new name for the Hard Rock.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I'm torn.

I wish I knew what NIN was DOING, as in CBI 2022 or a YZ thing, or what.

My other favorite band, Old 97s...drummer just told me they'd most likely playing Denver in the fall, too. (Fucker also told.me HE'd likely be at NIN red rocks, when I told him of my dilemma)
    And I've seen NIN do two.nights at red rocks since I've seen the 97s, and we can't afford two trips.

That's where my brother and his family are, and our visits are often planned around shows...97s and NIN, specifically. It's a whole fucking family trip: two hotel.rooms for a week, the whole 9 yards.

Also, presale in the damn morning. Damn, that's short notice to.figure this out.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Ticket prices for some venues

Greek Berkeley: $99
    Red Rocks $85 - $145
    Bend: $99
    Troutdale: $99

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I will never understand the logic of how they label certain tour locations in the US.
    So Egdefield is Troutdale (not Portland), but apparently Red Rocks is Denver and not Morrison?

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    I will never understand the logic of how they label certain tour locations in the US.
    So Egdefield is Troutdale (not Portland), but apparently Red Rocks is Denver and not Morrison?
    We don't understand it either.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    I saw this tweet and it resonated with me after I cancelled some plans around December. No one is telling you to do anything. People are making plans. No one should be judged for going or not going to shows. Nice thing is TR made these venues open air (minus Vegas) and smallish outside venues for music. I like it.

CDC shows lower risk for outside events and if you wear a KN95 mask, your risk is even lower (+ vaccination). Everyone feels torn about stuff. No soap box here. Just bringing facts.

I certainly am looking forward to these shows. I'm looking forward to seeing some of you. I get married the week after the April/May shows. Should be a great week. Looks like my invitation to TR/AR may have gotten to them after all LOL

Screen Shot 2021-12-17 at 5.52.50 AM.png

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    I saw this tweet and it resonated with me after I cancelled some plans around December. No one is telling you to do anything. People are making plans. No one should be judged for going or not going to shows. Nice thing is TR made these venues open air (minus Vegas) and smallish outside venues for music. I like it.

CDC shows lower risk for outside events and if you wear a KN95 mask, your risk is even lower (+ vaccination). Everyone feels torn about stuff. No soap box here. Just bringing facts.

I certainly am looking forward to these shows. I'm looking forward to seeing some of you. I get married the week after the April/May shows. Should be a great week. Looks like my invitation to TR/AR may have gotten to them after all LOL

Screen Shot 2021-12-17 at 5.52.50 AM.png
    Congratulations!

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    I'd love to go to the Oregon shows & maybe Vegas but I can't drive or ride for more than a half hour without being in excruciating pain. I'm starting a big program to help that but it's kind of a hail Mary situation. If it works, I'll try to get tickets at least for the Oregon shows this summer. If it doesn't work, I'm fucked & wouldn't be able to go anyway. Wish they were doing some nice theater shows in town (Seattle).

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Last tour, i was upset that NIN didn't even stop in the PNW at all. And now, seeing as Edgefield is literally like 40 minutes away from me, this year might be finally the day I get to see one of my all time faves for the first time. Im so excited.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Still waiting on that presale code email. Ugh. Probably gonna try for Raleigh, Nashville, and Red Rocks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    Still waiting on that presale code email. Ugh. Probably gonna try for Raleigh, Nashville, and Red Rocks.
    Yeah me too... not sure what the deal is. Can someone who's received the email pleeeeeeeease share the codes?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Ugh. Man it's been almost 10 years since NIN played in Kansas City. THANKS COVID.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Ugh. Man it's been almost 10 years since NIN played in Kansas City. THANKS COVID.
    It sucks living in a flyover state. But hey, at least they made sure California was covered, honestly completely shocked they didn't hit chicago for 9 individual dates like the last run.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    It sucks living in a flyover state. But hey, at least they made sure California was covered, honestly completely shocked they didn't hit chicago for 9 individual dates like the last run.
    I'm so tired of every major tour having a million shows in fucking Chicago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    I'm so tired of every major tour having a million shows in fucking Chicago.
    Counterpoint...Chicago is easily accessible to millions via air, road, and rail, has legit mass transit options, and has lots to see and do during the day between shows.

So if you want to get out of town, hit up a few shows, and NOT be a road warrior yourself, mini-residencies in destination/hub cities such as CHI aren't all that bad.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buzburbank View Post
    Counterpoint...Chicago is easily accessible to millions via air, road, and rail, has legit mass transit options, and has lots to see and do during the day between shows.

So if you want to get out of town, hit up a few shows, and NOT be a road warrior yourself, mini-residencies in destination/hub cities such as CHI aren't all that bad.
    Yeah I've traveled to Chicago for multiple tours. It's expensive as fucking hell. And quite frankly... not that worth it.