Page 6 of 113 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 106 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump 2020-21 - Epilogue

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    2. (More likely) Judge Jackson says "Fuck you" and ignores DOJ's request...and to that, on Nov 3, Trump issues a pardon saying the judge was too harsh and unfair.
    I'm thinking this is probably how it will play out. Regardless of the pardon, which is almost guaranteed to happen no matter what, it'll still be good to have it officially on record of the judge doing (hopefully) what's right in this situation and blast the shit out of the administration in her ruling.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Fuck. Between the Friday Night Massacre and this, I guess we're finally arrived at the full Dictator level of Trumpianism. What's next? Anyone who votes Democrat is going to get rounded up and put in camps by the end of the year?
    Honestly, a camp full of Democrats sounds really nice right about now.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    if they could just fucking get along with each other for an hour it would be nice.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    if they could just fucking get along with each other for an hour it would be nice.
    Fair. I'm beyond ready for the primaries to be done. Not that it'll completely eliminate bickering, but it'll be a huge step forward.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Second prosecutor resignation:

Edit: And a third...

Edit 2: Marando just withdrew as well. All four US prosecutors on the Stone case have withdrawn / resigned.

Last edited by cdm; 02-11-2020 at 04:37 PM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    What exactly does it mean that the 4 prosecutors have now resigned?

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I’d guess frustration and ethical concerns as well as retaliation fears?
    @allegro ?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    What exactly does it mean that the 4 prosecutors have now resigned?
    This is what career government officials do when things become so untenable they feel they have no other recourse. These prosecutors had a very public way of expressing their concerns and they used it.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Surely a coincidence...

Meanwhile, those law & order Republicans are silent. Mitch says "I don't have an opinion on that."

Last edited by cdm; 02-12-2020 at 09:34 AM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    So Trump tweets and Roger Stone gets a recommendation for a lower sentence.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Barr works for him, he didn't have to tweet that. I wonder if this was a gambit to antagonize the left into doing something stupid like impeaching him again right before the election? I mean, you know if it happens he's going to be acquitted again and that would make great headlines (for him) right around November.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I know there are a billion articles but this one here is short, to the point, and sums up my thoughts more eloquently than I ever could.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    I’d guess frustration and ethical concerns as well as retaliation fears?
    @allegro ?
    This is all scary shit.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    I know there are a billion articles but this one here is short, to the point, and sums up my thoughts more eloquently than I ever could.
    The next logical step is jailing of political opponents...we’re not far away from that. It seems absurd but who will stop him?

The slow-creep has numbed the collective consciousness.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Yes, at what point are we going to take to the streets? Are we just going to wait until the election is sabotaged? This shit has to stop. I can’t believe we weren’t taking to the streets with his acquittal.

One of the worst aspects of the digital age is most of us are content with just stuffing our face in our smart phone and tuning things out (I can definitely be guilty of this at times). I feel like if all this was going down in the 90’s we would’ve never let it get this far.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    The next logical step is jailing of political opponents...we’re not far away from that. It seems absurd but who will stop him?

The slow-creep has numbed the collective consciousness.
    He did promise that, iirc.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    This is all scary shit.
    your shortest post ever is the scariest one I've read.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Hope Hicks is back in the White House working for Trump and working directly for Kushner. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/13/u...e=articleShare

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    well why not.

there's a really crass joke I thought of but it's a little much for this early in the morning.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    "Trump says he may stop allowing top officials to listen to his calls with foreign leaders"

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-c...als-listening/

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Watch out for pigs harassing vulnerable neighbors, especially this weekend.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Barr SHOULD resign. I don't care whether we think he's telling Trump to back off on Twitter cuz it makes it hard for him to do his obvious bidding. Roger Stone is an evil fuck. He NEEDS to go to jail, and 9 years was a blessing of a sentence. Outside of playing ball for Trump, why the hell is Barr getting involved in this?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Barr SHOULD resign. I don't care whether we think he's telling Trump to back off on Twitter cuz it makes it hard for him to do his obvious bidding. Roger Stone is an evil fuck. He NEEDS to go to jail, and 9 years was a blessing of a sentence. Outside of playing ball for Trump, why the hell is Barr getting involved in this?
    Actually, in law, it's typically the crazy right-wing people who think that this should be a 9-year sentence. Liberals typically want sentence reform and tend to argue that most sentences (except for the most egregious crimes to society) do not deserve these longer sentences.

NOBODY in law thought this should be a 9-year sentence.

In these types of non-violence cases, the prosecution ALWAYS throws the worst sentence out there, fully knowing they're NEVER going to get it. It's always a bullshit high number.

The PROBLEM arose when Trump TWEETED about it, thereby sticking his nose where it fully DID NOT BELONG, now looking like he was influencing the sentence when he most likely ISN'T. The JUDGE decides sentencing; not the prosecutors, not the DoJ, not the President.

But, the President should NEVER render public opinion about ANY case.

He's such an IDIOT, however, he's saying he has the "right" to say whatever he wants.

Barr is saying "no, you do not, because it's looking like you're interfering with justice."

Of course, Trump just brushes Barr aside, and then ... yeah, whatever.

Meanwhile, Trump insulted the JUDGE in this case and now everybody on the right has a conspiracy theory against the head juror. So, who knows what will happen.
    Last edited by allegro; 02-16-2020 at 03:21 PM.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Actually, in law, it's typically the crazy right-wing people who think that this should be a 9-year sentence. Liberals typically want sentence reform and tend to argue that most sentences (except for the most egregious crimes to society) do not deserve these longer sentences.

NOBODY in law thought this should be a 9-year sentence.

In these types of no-violence cases, the prosecution ALWAYS throws the worst sentence out there, fully knowing they're NEVER going to get it. It's always a bullshit high number.
    Can we still want Barr to get the fuck out of dodge, though? The recent "only I can decide whether you may investigate a candidate or campaign" thing felt a bit too protective for my comfort.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Can we still want Barr to get the fuck out of dodge, though? The recent "only I can decide whether you may investigate a candidate or campaign" thing felt a bit too protective for my comfort.
    Oh, for sure, Barr is a TOTAL ASSHOLE and deserves to be impeached, for many reasons too long to post here.

But, he IS the Attorney General, which is the head of the Department of Justice. Which is the parent agency of the F.B.I. and every single other Federal criminal and investigative department in the United States.

So, this means that Rudy Giuliani can't open an investigation, nor can Ukraine. Grok?