Page 106 of 111 FirstFirst ... 6 56 96 104 105 106 107 108 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,180 of 3385

Thread: Trump 2020-21 - Epilogue

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    What’s great is that it’s becoming increasingly clear to even establishment republicans that Trump is now a clear threat to them as well, and it’s now in EVERYONE’s best interest that he be punished, shamed, and thrown in jail
    the fact that Cruz hasn't been impeached yet is maddening. and also- maybe people aren't taking it as serious as they should...politicians and civilians...

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    the fact that Cruz hasn't been impeached yet is maddening. and also- maybe people aren't taking it as serious as they should...politicians and civilians...
    Senators aren’t impeached. They’re expelled.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Senators aren’t impeached. They’re expelled.
    that's what I meant.
    no accountability, an enablement.

I know it wouldn't happen anyway, much like Trump wasn't convicted.

my co-worker said yesterday, "this might just be a one year vacation. it's possible the Republicans take things back next year, and Trump runs again in 2024. "

I nearly vomited at the thought. I don't see it happening, but sadly, I wouldn't be surprised. either way, i expect the division to grow more in this country, ugh.

"but people like Mcconnel have moved on" ...have they? it wasn't until the votes were tallied that Mitch decided he was done with Trump. if trump is the presumptive nominee in 2024, Mitch will be right behind him.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    that's what I meant.
    no accountability, an enablement.

I know it wouldn't happen anyway, much like Trump wasn't convicted.

my co-worker said yesterday, "this might just be a one year vacation. it's possible the Republicans take things back next year, and Trump runs again in 2024. "

I nearly vomited at the thought. I don't see it happening, but sadly, I wouldn't be surprised. either way, i expect the division to grow more in this country, ugh.

"but people like Mcconnel have moved on" ...have they? it wasn't until the votes were tallied that Mitch decided he was done with Trump. if trump is the presumptive nominee in 2024, Mitch will be right behind him.
    quoting myself because it's too predictable:
    McConnel says he will "absolutely" support Trump if he's the 2024 nominee
    https://www.axios.com/mcconnell-trum...7d16ab82b.html

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Eh, I think emperor Palpatine has found that Donald J Trump has expended his usefulness.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Nothing strange about that at all.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

they really are shooting themselves in the foot and enjoying it at the same time.

not that they need to worry with the Dems doing the same thing right now.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    There's going to be double the security tomorrow (March 4th) at the Capitol because there's a stupid Qanon theory that Trump will be back in charge of the White House tomorow

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/us-c...ry?id=76220536

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    There's going to be double the security tomorrow (March 4th) at the Capitol because there's a stupid Qanon theory that Trump will be back in charge of the White House tomorow

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/us-c...ry?id=76220536
    i saw this in a comment thread last week. if you are american and believe this to be true, you are a traitor. that’s not how democracy works. what’s wrong with your brain that you even think this is a cool idea?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    i saw this in a comment thread last week. if you are american and believe this to be true, you are a traitor. that’s not how democracy works. what’s wrong with your brain that you even think this is a cool idea?
    I'm looking forward to lurking on reddit tomorrow so I can catch up on all the disillusioned Qanon idiots moving their goal posts again (people on Reddit are far braver than I to wade through all that shit).

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    HAAAAAAAAAAhahahaaaaaaaa this is awesome.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    RNC responds to Trump's cease-and-desist letters
    The RNC told the ex-president's lawyer that it "has every right to refer to public figures as it engages in core, First Amendment-protected political speech." The RNC's response was first reported by Politico.
    They are so screwed.
    "There's only one way to contribute to our efforts to elect America first Republican conservatives and in turn, make America great again and that's through Save America PAC and DonaldJTrump.com," Mr. Trump said. He repeated the fundraising pitch in a statement Monday night and said, "No more money for RINOS (Republican in name only). They do nothing but hurt the Republican Party and our great voting base - they will never lead us to Greatness."

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    If I have to hear ONE more person refer to Lindsey Graham as “honest,” I’m going to puke so violently that my eyeballs will explode, and somehow, green Exorcist-pea-soup-puke is going to projectile vomit from my empty eye cavities, and it’ll probably suck, so please, please... let’s all just agree Graham is maybe the slimiest weasel in the GOP world at this point, and that’s saying something.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    this all reminds me of the fable where the frog agrees to give the scorpion a ride across the river, because their situation is mutually beneficial, and the scorpion explains to the frog that he won't sting him, because if he does they'll both die, so the frog says OK, and then the scorpion stings the frog. And the frog says "oh god, now we're all gonna die! WHY!?" and the scorpion says "you knew I was a scorpion you idiot. It's what I am."

I just can't decide if the frog is Mitch McConnell or Donald Trump, or the GOP in general. They have so completely destroyed themselves.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    OK, two thoughts:

1) the frog is the people who voted for him, maybe?

2)

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    hate that Pepe the frog shit so much. I know, the guy who created it is just a completely harmless dude who is probably more horrified at how his "creation" is being used/abused than anyone else...

But really, that is such a horrible illustration. It's just dogshit. Everything about it is annoying.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    hate that Pepe the frog shit so much. I know, the guy who created it is just a completely harmless dude who is probably more horrified at how his "creation" is being used/abused than anyone else...

But really, that is such a horrible illustration. It's just dogshit. Everything about it is annoying.
    I loved Pepe, but like everything Trump ever touched it was completely ruined.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    That kind of re-appropriation is pretty typical from these people. How many rock legends have sued Trump to stop playing their music at his rallies?

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    That kind of re-appropriation is pretty typical from these people. How many rock legends have sued Trump to stop playing their music at his rallies?
    And the craziest one there was when he kept playing Fortunate Son at his rallies... that was just bizarre.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Sounds cathartic. Sign me up.
    Though I my state it would provoke issues.

I wish I could projectile vomit acid on those fucking Drump-supporting trucks with the flags. Just let me be one of those Jurassic park venom rapters and I d be happy.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    How Trump Steered Supporters Into Unwitting Donations

The sheer magnitude of the money involved is staggering for politics. In the final two and a half months of 2020, the Trump campaign, the Republican National Committee and their shared accounts issued more than 530,000 refunds worth $64.3 million to online donors. All campaigns make refunds for various reasons, including to people who give more than the legal limit. But the sum the Trump operation refunded dwarfed that of Joseph R. Biden Jr.’s campaign and his equivalent Democratic committees, which made 37,000 online refunds totaling $5.6 million in that time.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    MI6 spy Christopher Steele 'produced second dossier on Donald Trump for FBI

Article is behind a paywall but pro-tip (kinda scummy i know) : if you use Firefox and hit the reader view toggle. Just refresh the page while in reader view and it should grab the whole thing.

Here's an excerpt, there's not much more to it than that really.

It'll be interesting if this second dossier is ever leaked out.

It'd be nice if it all led to the bastard being put into a deep dark hole somewhere for the rest of his days.
    Last edited by thelastdisciple; 05-03-2021 at 09:11 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Trump deserves the worst that can happen to him, I really believe that. During his presidency, I made a comment to friend: "I didn't know I could hate someone I've never met before so much." Unfortunately, I think he'll escape any repercussions.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Huh... This can't be good for someone.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Fucking good. Talk shit get hit mother fucker.