Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mandalorian

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I'm not sure I can say critically that it is better, but I have to say I am enjoying this second series a whole lot more than the first. So far, anyway.
    Much as I consider myself a Star Wars fan I am basically just a films guy, but I'm enjoying hearing about all the links to the animated series' and such like. Bo-Katan and Cobb Vanth came across as great characters despite my not knowing who they were.
    I'd started off a little sceptical about an increasing relaince on the TV series', but I'll be really pleased if The Mandalorian continues the way it is going. I just hope they don't balls things up with Boba Fett.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    At this point I am pretty sure that we will see Boba Fett in the second to last or last episode, attacking Mando and getting his armor back, setting up season 03, pretty much like Moff Gideon. Maybe Boba strikes a deal with the Empire to get his armor back hunting down Mando as I don't know why Mando should return to Tatooine this season.

Guess it's safe to assume now that it was indeed Boba on Tatooine who approached the dead assassin in season 01, no?

Spoiler: This Friday will see Ahsoka as Filoni directed the episode and there will probably be a fight with Gideon as he tracks Mando and the Child to her hideout. Maybe they even follow through with the themes they alluded to last episode, midichlorians, Dark Troopers, cloning/creating Snoke or at least a body for Palpatine to use and slowly building the First Order. Didn't Favreau once say that they will touch on how the First Order came to be? Well, the mentioned the Unknown Regions already on the show, so here we go. I just don't know if I would celebrate Baby Yoda being directly responsible for the rise of the First Order or if him being "the father" of Snoke/Palpatine would be utterly ridiculous. But with Star Wars you never know... maybe it's Ahsoka whose blood will give rise to the Empire in the end, saving Baby Yoda. We shall see...
    Last edited by dlb; 11-23-2020 at 05:48 AM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Who wants to see Dolph Lundgren make an appearance so that Carl Weathers can beat him in a blaster fight and get the last laugh?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    Who wants to see Dolph Lundgren make an appearance so that Carl Weathers can beat him in a blaster fight and get the last laugh?
    well then we need to bring in frank langella and have a masters of the universe reunion, too

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I'll be interested to see how this is. I really enjoyed the first episode of season 1 but then the mood changed in ep 2...started to feel like a slobberfest and I lost interest. I might have to revisit it and skip to later episodes to hear about the technical side. I just couldn't stand the actors and shit fawning over each other...seemed disingenuous.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    While it offered some interesting tidbits here and there and some cool thoughts by Filoni I just can't stand the show, especially Favreau and Kathleen Kennedy and their obnoxious circle jerk while being full of themselves to no end. Wish they'd do a proper documentary with more technical things and the animation, puppetry departement than this. Some of the directors don't seem too comfortable with the format anyway.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    agreed on both fronts. Watched the first episode and it seemed like everyone was having a great time, though Taika almost seemed out of place the way it was filmed.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I'm still enjoying the show but the whole 'i'll help you if you help us and er, oh thanks for the help talk to this guy, he'll help you if you help him' format is getting old.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    I'm glad I wasn't the only one to get that impression. Filoni's story is fascinating and I enjoyed hearing the other director's respective paths but I don't particularly care to hear Pascal or Carano given the supposed behind the scenes drama. Seems like a missed opportunity but I'll give the second season a go.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Exactly, they all have very little to say, actors and directors, whereas Favreau is constantly interrupting people and leading the conversation. It seems like Filoni is the only one allowed to talk about Star Wars a little more and drop some knowledge, where I had the impression that the old Star Wars special effects guys got cut short the most. As that's my favorite part of the show, I get really fed up with this. I understand that Favreau is also quite knowledgable about tech-stuff and filming, but c'mon...

Let's see... I really want to hear what Robert Rodriguez has to say and how his episode is going to turn out. Spoiler: With the cloning and Dark Troopers, I can picture some nasty "zombie" stuff coming from him. Either way I'm sure we will see some gun fights in his episode. Guess he had a blast on set with all the creature designs and props.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I too wasn't a fan of the Gallery thing, definitely too cheesy/self serving at first.
    I definitely enjoyed the episodes of Gallery about the music and the callbacks to previous Star Wars stuff though, so if you hated the first few episodes just watch those.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Chapter 13.

THAT WAS SO FREAKING COOL!

Spoiler: AHSOKA! YES! Rosario Dawson did such a great job, as well as the makeup, stunt and fx folks but damn, IT WORKED! Live action Ahsoka actually worked! Certainly a different vocal performance because I'm so used to Ashley Eckstein but WOWOWOW

I am so happy right now.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Awesome episode ..also Michael Fuckin' Biehn!

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    That was a goddamn masterpiece.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Wow, the story picked up big time with this one! And fuck yeah, Michael Biehn!

Fun fact: They kept the German dubbing for Rebels and TCW with this one. I wasn't sure if they'd put that much effort for continuity into it, but they did.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Finally caught up... But one thing that is distracting at times and bothering me a bit. Why does Baby Yoda sound like a human baby? I cannot recall him having these sorts of sounds in season 1, but I hate it. The grunting however is pretty darn cute.

So much to look at these last two episodes, and the opening to 5 had me pretty dam excited! She looks fantastic. Also brushed up on some backstory for the characters I'm not too familiar with, so all the name drops and planets is something I can get down with now.

... And... MICHAEL EFFIN BIEHN!
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 11-27-2020 at 08:32 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    They can call him whatever they want, he will always be BABY YODA to me!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    He had the same baby sounds in season 1 and it throws me off a bit as well, they are way too loud in the mix at times, especially when he's gleefully raising his hands. No idea why they didn't bother to put some more attention to that...

Another thing that I really love about this show and in yesterday's episode is the movement of the more humanoid robots and droids. It almost looks like stop motion and gives them an otherwordly character which I love!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    He had the same baby sounds in season 1 and it throws me off a bit as well, they are way too loud in the mix at times, especially when he's gleefully raising his hands. No idea why they didn't bother to put some more attention to that...

Another thing that I really love about this show and in yesterday's episode is the movement of the more humanoid robots and droids. It almost looks like stop motion and gives them an otherwordly character which I love!
    Yea, I guess they're just louder this time around, but the goo goo gaga noises need to go.

Are you talking about the one assassin droid that flipped onto the roof? That had me smirking and even the guard droids.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Jup that one and IG-11 in general as well as those droids on the prison ship in season 01.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    After watching again, the eastern/western themes they had for the end battles was a nice spin on things.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Finally caught up... But one thing that is distracting at times and bothering me a bit. Why does Baby Yoda sound like a human baby? I cannot recall him having these sorts of sounds in season 1, but I hate it. The grunting however is pretty darn cute.
    Definitely in season 1. I've been complaining about it since the beginning. I appreciate that they're adding newer sounds, but stop making him sound like a human baby, damn it!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wight rabbit View Post
    Definitely in season 1. I've been complaining about it since the beginning. I appreciate that they're adding newer sounds, but stop making him sound like a human baby, damn it!
    Yes... I think it is the newer sounds that is throwing me off. Like dlb said, the audio mix seems is a bit higher here, but right after I expressed my disdain for it, they lowered it down to just grunts which I found adorable; love and hate kinda thing.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    That was a goddamn masterpiece.
    Filoni must've been giddy as hell throughout the entire production process.

Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    After watching again, the eastern/western themes they had for the end battles was a nice spin on things.
    Reminded me of the contrasts in the Kill Bills.
    Last edited by cdm; 11-29-2020 at 07:59 AM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    The scene where Ahsoka stood up against the other lady made me immediately think of the scene with the Bride and Lucy Liu in the garden. Less heads flying though.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    This is the episode that finally made me start watching the Clone Wars, i guess i've got Rebels after that so i should be busy for a while! Never watched any animated SW before..

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    Holy shite, yes! I haven't watched Kill Bill in years.