Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mandalorian

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    This is all theoretical stuff, but I'm putting it behind spoiler tags anyway just in case.

Spoiler: There's a theory that's been floating around that all the shit Grogu is being exposed to is leading him down the path to the dark side. Mando needlessly killing people in brutal ways in front of him, and stuff like that. The end of this episode seems like they could be headed down that path. He force choked a stormtrooper and was throwing them around in anger. Not saying he'll end up on the dark side in the end, but it sure looks like they're going to tempt him.
    you fucking around here? That's obviously what the showrunners are doing.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    "Glory To The Empire!"

Decent episode, but lots of "Hooooollyyyyywooooodd" stuff in there that made me eyeroll a bit. Set aside your logic on things to enjoy this one.

I'm curious how people who never had any experience with Bill Burr feel about him on the show. I love him, but his personality just doesn't seem to fit SW to me. Gets some good lines in though, and clearly his agent made it clear he wasn't wearing no helmet.

Thought the group reception Mando & Burr's character (you can't possibly expect me to remember his actual name) get at one point was the most interesting and thought provoking part of the episode.

Not much of a setup for the season finale. Clearly not much is going to be resolved there either imo. That's fine with me though.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    you fucking around here? That's obviously what the showrunners are doing.
    My point was that the rumors have been floating around long before it was obvious, and the latest episodes are making it more obvious.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    ah ok gotcha. Def. agree there. a future Darth Grogu!

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I screamed when the Slave I did the thing.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Was looking forward to more Boba, but I still liked him as a gun/pilot for hire in this episode and the Slave I is just a thing of beauty. Pure cult nostalgia!

And the speech that officer gave? Chilling, that's how I want to see the Empire being depicted in this grittier universe. Cool episode, Bill Burr really made up for that strange episode in the first season, liked him way more this time. Can't say the same thing for Carano though...

So, next week will be a big one and an even bigger cliffhanger for season 03 I suppose. Can't wait!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    So Carano's character was supposed to be part of the backdoor pilot for the Rebel show but you might notice that of all of the myriad of shows announced, that one had the least info. Rumor is that they're trying to find a way to keep it going but also keep her in a minor role at this point.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    So Carano's character was supposed to be part of the backdoor pilot for the Rebel show but you might notice that of all of the myriad of shows announced, that one had the least info. Rumor is that they're trying to find a way to keep it going but also keep her in a minor role at this point.
    I'm not surprised that it'll be curtains for her character as far as further stories in Star Wars is concerned. She seems to be into some MAGA looney bin territory with all her twitter dog whistles that I can't imagine Disney would want to support, isn't she on Parler too? Bad look.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Did anyone feel a bit uneasy about what they did with Bill Burr's character at the end of the episode? I mean dude straight up shot another innocent guy in his previous episode and they just let him go?
    Rubbed me the wrong way, doesn't matter that he helped them, he's still a wrong'un

Anyway, besides that I give the last episode a ______ BWARRRMMM out of 10

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiusdiamond View Post
    Did anyone feel a bit uneasy about what they did with Bill Burr's character at the end of the episode?
    If nothing else it leaves the door open for his reappearance, although personally I hope this is the last we see of him.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I was a little bit surprised they let him go if only for the fact they're on a random planet last I checked so it was kind of strange. They treat planets like we treat states & cities.

and the use of the gravity bomb was awesome, neat callback to the prequels. And Boba got a paint job! very ace.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiusdiamond View Post
    Did anyone feel a bit uneasy about what they did with Bill Burr's character at the end of the episode? I mean dude straight up shot another innocent guy in his previous episode and they just let him go?
    Rubbed me the wrong way, doesn't matter that he helped them, he's still a wrong'un

Anyway, besides that I give the last episode a ______ BWARRRMMM out of 10
    wait i thought it was one of his other crew who shot the guy, not bill himself.

anyway, i thought this episode was very redeeming for his character. that episode last season was my least favorite of all of the episodes we've seen so far, mostly because i found all of those characters so fucking unlikable. but he was good in this one, his humor sat much better, and he showed his true colors (actually giving a shit about other people and not just being a callous asshole in it for the money or to save his own skin). so i think it makes sense that they let him go at the end.

that said, i don't think there's any reason to bring him back again. let him disappear and continue trying to be a better person; we don't need to see that.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Fan theory with all the western hommage is that we will get a "Magnificent Seven" kind of thing at the end of this season, lilke a rescue mission for Grogue. Mando, Fett, Shand, Dune, Bo Katan, Cobb Vanth, Ahsoka.. sounds interesting and possible. Let's see how the last episode plays out in the end.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

I'm so dumb. It wasn't until this thread and when I wasn't thinking about it that I realized why they might recognize his face. I was thinking at the time that he's been inside a Sarlacc pit and it's scarred, so what's the big deal?

duuuuuuuuuuh.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    Grogue
    is that Grogu's french cousin?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    oui, Gro-gwaaaaaah

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Haha damnit, I'm drinking too much schnaps I guess.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grogue

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    How fucking awful is it that Jeremy Bulloch, the original Boba Fett, passes on just as the character he first portrayed comes back better than he's ever been?

Fuck

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    saw a rumor that Lucas directed the next episode.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    saw a rumor that Lucas directed the next episode.
    Director is the same as episode 10, Peyton Reed (Ant-Man).

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

and stay through the fucking credits too.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Mind Blown. (Thanks for the heads up about the end credits scene!)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Such a great ending.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I'm not sure how i feel about the finale, certain things i guess i have to reconcile with.

I must meditate on this.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Jesus christ they did IT! They really did IT!

And wow, that post credits scene? It's happening! I felt a disturbance in the force as if millions of voices cried out in pure joy and were suddenly crying like little kids...

Still, too many questions left unsolved... can't wait for season 3 or what ends up being season 3 after all this mumbo jumbo we learned of these past few days.

Rest in Peace Jeremy Bulloch! The two baddest and best dressed men in the galaxy passed away this year.
    Last edited by dlb; 12-18-2020 at 12:12 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    "Activate the dark troopers" aka cue Moff Gideon's dubstep mix

Womp womp!
    Last edited by neorev; 12-18-2020 at 12:49 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Last season there was a weekly soundtrack drop and I haven't noticed the same thing this year, I wonder what changed?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Last season there was a weekly soundtrack drop and I haven't noticed the same thing this year, I wonder what changed?
    Not sure what changed but they decided to release the Season 2 score as two volumes...Vol 1 is here and Vol 2 was supposed to be available today but I'm not seeing it just yet.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    cool, thanks! I've been searching for the wrong terms then. also on the wrong services maybe...spotify, *shudder*