Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16

Thread: Soul (2020)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    The Soul FYC is also available to stream here (if you look at the page source, you can find the MP3 links to download easily):

https://disneystudiosawards.com/soul/score

I haven't really listened to it, but it doesn't seem to be too different from the retail release. They took out tracks that weren't eligible. Some were trimmed, like "Portal / The Hall of Everything" became just "Portal". Some tracks were trimmed by, like, 5-10 seconds; I haven't checked to see if those are different in some way or just trimmed silence or something.

Also, this year was the last year that the Academy is allowing physical screeners, so there will be no more FYC CD's to collect (I believe most other awards ceremonies are following suit). Everything will be online now, like the Disney site above.
    that's really cool info, thanks. makes this FYC even harder to find I bet since you'll be having FYC and NIN completionists looking.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mank View Post
    Like I said, it's very rare.
    Yah totally. Where did you get that image from though? It's cool if you don't want to divulge, just curious. Thanks!

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadeout54321 View Post
    Yah totally. Where did you get that image from though? It's cool if you don't want to divulge, just curious. Thanks!
    I think he owns a copy of it.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    T'was nice of Trent & Atticus to let Jon Batiste make the speech. I feel like he's gotten lost in the shuffle since Trent & Atticus were nominated for both Soul and Mank. Anyway, congrats gents!

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Here are the differences between the FYC and the retail album (besides the omitted songs):

"Jump to Earth" is shorter on the FYC because it cross-fades into the next TRAR track. On the retail album, it fades out because the next track is a rap song.

"Portal" ends with a normal fade-out ending on the FYC. On the album, it cross-fades at the end into "The Hall of Everything"

"Terry Time Too" is shorter on the FYC only because a few seconds of silence at the end was cut off.

"Fruit of the Vine" is a bit different. It has a couple edits in the middle and at the end that shave off several seconds.

That's it. Nothing majorly different.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Fans of NIN on Instagram and Twitter telling Jon Batiste he should have let Trent and Atticus talk are making me cringe! He’s only the second black composer to ever win an original score Oscar, that statistic alone means it only right he should make the speech. What gets me is they’re probably the same fans who constantly berate Trent on Facebook for not being 1994 Trent anymore

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Do we know if our boys also scored '22 vs Earth' short spin-off?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    I can't find anything on the subject one way or the other. I guess we'll find out in a couple days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    If they did I would assume it's probably outtake material, or stuff they recorded during the Soul sessions.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    The preview for "22 vs Earth" has a different arrangement of a track from the Trent/Atticus SOUL score, so I'm assuming the soundtrack is also by TR+AR. I have a strong feeling that Trent/Atticus gave Pixar more score than was used in SOUL, for projects like these that happen with every Pixar movie. There was a "Pixar Popcorn" short on Disney+ recently based on Soul that used Trent/Atticus music not in the film. I'm sure they'll tap the same source for "22 vs Earth." We'll find out Friday (tomorrow)!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Music by: TR & AR....confirmed in credits. I’ll be honest, I don’t know the score well enough yet to know if the bits have been recycled or not.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Maybe they'll drop an "Appendage" digital EP of the extra bonus material used in this and the popcorn short.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Maybe they'll drop an "Appendage" digital EP of the extra bonus material used in this and the popcorn short.
    Let's be honest with ourselves, Disney will do an overkill "Oscars® Victory-Lap Edition" box set.
    Last edited by botley; 04-30-2021 at 12:22 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Let's be honest with ourselves, Disney will do an overkill "Oscars™ Victory Lap Edition" box set.
    I bloody hope so!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    I bloody hope so!
    Someone mentioned a limited edition (500) release to disney card holders. I asked someone at work, who has a disney card and they never got any notice or was aware of such a thing.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    Someone mentioned a limited edition (500) release to disney card holders. I asked someone at work, who has a disney card and they never got any notice or was aware of such a thing.
    https://www.echoingthesound.org/comm...194#post519194

^^ this is the only mention I can recall. It's worth noting the Discogs entry only lists two US versions: standard black and Target clear. Surely someone of the 500 would have added a version if there were even the most minute difference.

https://www.discogs.com/Trent-Reznor...master/1877355

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    The entire Oscars: After Dark interview show is on Hulu until Monday.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I woke up this morning to my girls watching this Movie. I had told them before that my favorite musician was part of the soundtrack but they were like "whatever" about it. I started gushing to them about how the movie had won a bunch of awards and that my favorite artist was involved they thought it was really cool. It was really a great moment for me having my kids be genuinely excited about something like this. I sometimes find it hard to connect with them about certain things and this was a big win for me!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Attention Los Angeles, California residents: SOUL will be screening at the El Capitan Theater in Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos August 27 to September 2. My 1pm ticket, with Reserved seats, and Popcorn included for $12.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The Soul FYC is also available to stream here (if you look at the page source, you can find the MP3 links to download easily):

https://disneystudiosawards.com/soul/score

I haven't really listened to it, but it doesn't seem to be too different from the retail release. They took out tracks that weren't eligible. Some were trimmed, like "Portal / The Hall of Everything" became just "Portal". Some tracks were trimmed by, like, 5-10 seconds; I haven't checked to see if those are different in some way or just trimmed silence or something.

Also, this year was the last year that the Academy is allowing physical screeners, so there will be no more FYC CD's to collect (I believe most other awards ceremonies are following suit). Everything will be online now, like the Disney site above.
    Taken down unfortunately. Does anyone know where I can get these tracks?

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by All_The_Spoils View Post
    The MP3 files themselves still exist on the server. This page has a list of the direct links to those files (scroll down to the Soul entry):

https://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.p...aturing-music/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The MP3 files themselves still exist on the server. This page has a list of the direct links to those files (scroll down to the Soul entry):

https://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.p...aturing-music/
    Very helpful! Thank you much!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    ^ Jon Batiste is also nominated in several other categories, including best improvised jazz solo for "Bigger Than Us", best jazz album (the Soul Jazz Selections), and many other nods for his terrific solo album We Are.
    Last edited by botley; 11-23-2021 at 08:09 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by All_The_Spoils View Post
    I don't think the CD has leaked yet, nor has the Mank White FYC with the Netflix FYC cues. They're pretty hard to find.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Our boys got a Grammy for this.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Trent's grave will now say "Said fist fuck, scored a Disney movie, won a Grammy."

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    The eligibility period of the Grammys is so weird.

EDIT: Jon Batiste also won album of the year for his album We Are! Plus he won best music video and best American roots performance. Quite a night for him.
    Last edited by otnavuskire; 04-04-2022 at 04:44 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Id love for Just Us to be given a lyrical version, it’s so awesome…

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)