Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 467

Thread: Soul (2020)

  1. #121
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,808
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    Anyone think this will get a null# ?
    Internally, yes, but on the release itself, no, since it’s a Walt Disney Records release. Same situation as Gone Girl.

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Sydney, AU
    Posts
    2,720
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Internally, yes, but on the release itself, no, since it’s a Walt Disney Records release. Same situation as Gone Girl.
    What was GG’s internal Null number?

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,808
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    What was GG’s internal Null number?
    Null 03

    https://www.nin.wiki/Null_numbers

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,401
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    This is kind of unrelated to Soul, but I feel like Halo/Null numbers just don't matter all that much any more. With a bunch of soundtracks not being physically released at all, and how physical singles basically don't exist, all the number's really good for in either case is counting upwards. Feels like the days of 10v2 or 8 DE are long gone.

    Then again, I guess we did just get 09 Extended literally last year.

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ontari-ari-ario
    Posts
    4,883
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gorast View Post
    This is kind of unrelated to Soul, but I feel like Halo/Null numbers just don't matter all that much any more. With a bunch of soundtracks not being physically released at all, and how physical singles basically don't exist, all the number's really good for in either case is counting upwards. Feels like the days of 10v2 or 8 DE are long gone.

    Then again, I guess we did just get 09 Extended literally last year.
    And 0.5 a few weeks ago.

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Keswick, Ontario
    Posts
    268
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Amazon.ca $19.51 up for preorder
    Soul Original Score (Vinyl) https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B08KJPR4X2/..._G-4QFbR4FY0KS

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    75
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Target in the U.S. currently has the following LPs on sale: All 3 Watchmen LPs, With Teeth, Deviations (under $64), Downward Spiral, Pretty Hate Machine, Bad Witch, Not the Actual Events, Social Network, Soul, and Quake LPs. The prices are already priced as low as you can find, PLUS they are buy 2, get 1 free and free shipping. You are NOT going to find a cheaper deal in the U.S. if you are looking for any of these on vinyl. And I've always received my LPs MINT.

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Tynemouth, England
    Posts
    2,242
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    That just makes me hella jealous of the rage inducing prices we suffer in the UK.

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    Saint Paul, MN
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I received an email today from Disney+ that "Soul" is coming out on December 25. Perhaps this is a sign of something to be announced on the NIN channels soon.

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,147
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Reviews are coming in and it's getting praised to high heaven, including the music!

  11. #131
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,962
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    On Thursday there will be a Variety virtual discussion about Soul and Mank that can be signed up for for free

    https://ev10.perigonlive.com/1-evt48...b097dbc2dc7218

  12. #132
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    W/A
    Posts
    5,000
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)

  13. #133
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    LIC, NY
    Posts
    1,151
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I'm more excited for this than Mank, hands down.

  14. #134
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,962
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Found a listing for Soul that is a CD which includes the score by TRAR plus songs by Jon Batiste - so it is just vinyl where the music is separated? Because from what I read about the film, some of the best bits musically come from the different sounds merging so it seems weird to keep them separate?

    https://www.normanrecords.com/record...original-score

  15. #135
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    14
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just got an email about the Soul vinyl, limited to 500 copies, for Disney Visa cardholders if anyone has that Visa card on Disney Music Emporium.

    update: in reading the fine print, it may just be limited to 500 copies for Disney Visa cardholders, not in total.
    Last edited by charleswise; 12-03-2020 at 12:34 PM.

  16. #136
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    1,228
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Trent is actually releasing a score on CD?????? This is groundbreaking

    Probably a misprint. I haven't seen a CD listing anywhere else
    Last edited by Helpmeiaminhell; 12-03-2020 at 03:54 PM.

  17. #137
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,962
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Trent is actually releasing a score on CD?????? This is groundbreaking

    Probably a misprint. I haven't seen a CD listing anywhere else
    It’s Disney though, I’m sure they can overrule Trents vinyl obsession if anyone can

  18. #138
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,808
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    It’s Disney though
    I'm sure that's exactly why it's getting a CD release.

  19. #139
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    740
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

  20. #140
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,808
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    Relevant information with formatting fixes:

    The soundtrack released on December 18th will feature a score by Oscar®-winners Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross.
    A separate 'Music From And Inspired By Soul' features jazz compositions by GRAMMY® nominee Jon Batiste.

    The CD version combines the score by Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross, the Music of Jon Batiste, and features a duet performance of the 1960'S SOUL classic ""It's All Right"" (Originally By The Impressions) by Celeste and Batiste.

    Jon Batiste, Music From… - this is just music performed by Jon Batistie
    Soul Original Score is just the score performed by Trent and Atticus
    Soul 1CD is the two above combined as one, plus an added duet by Jon Batiste/Celeste of the track 'Its All Right'.

  21. #141
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,962
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Relevant information with formatting fixes:

    The soundtrack released on December 18th will feature a score by Oscar®-winners Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross.
    A separate 'Music From And Inspired By Soul' features jazz compositions by GRAMMY® nominee Jon Batiste.

    The CD version combines the score by Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross, the Music of Jon Batiste, and features a duet performance of the 1960'S SOUL classic ""It's All Right"" (Originally By The Impressions) by Celeste and Batiste.

    Jon Batiste, Music From… - this is just music performed by Jon Batistie
    Soul Original Score is just the score performed by Trent and Atticus
    Soul 1CD is the two above combined as one, plus an added duet by Jon Batiste/Celeste of the track 'Its All Right'.
    Getting the CD seems like an absolute no-brainer for me, I just asked Amazon to email when it comes into stock

  22. #142
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    293
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I'm not a fan of the artwork this time. It looks absolutely low-effort. And what does f.p.o. mean? Is this the final thing?

    https://www.amazon.com/Soul-Original.../dp/B08KJPR4X2

    If that's it I hope the CD compilation will have a different layout.

  23. #143
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,401
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SchwarzerAbt View Post
    I'm not a fan of the artwork this time. It looks absolutely low-effort. And what does f.p.o. mean? Is this the final thing?

    https://www.amazon.com/Soul-Original.../dp/B08KJPR4X2

    If that's it I hope the CD compilation will have a different layout.
    It’s placeholder art, though I wouldn’t get my hopes up for the final art being that much better.

  24. #144
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,326
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SchwarzerAbt View Post
    And what does f.p.o. mean? Is this the final thing?
    Stands for "For Position Only". @gorast is right, it's used in the graphic design industry when final art either isn't ready or (sometimes) contains spoilers, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by gorast View Post
    It’s placeholder art, though I wouldn’t get my hopes up for the final art being that much better.
    The art is decent but nothing mind blowing. Someone posted a link to a Disney soundtrack store but the page was removed. The cover was somewhat sparse but tasteful and IIRC a variation of this image is used on the inner gatefold:


  25. #145
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,432
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gorast View Post
    It’s placeholder art, though I wouldn’t get my hopes up for the final art being that much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    Stands for "For Position Only". @gorast is right, it's used in the graphic design industry when final art either isn't ready or (sometimes) contains spoilers, etc.
    As a designer, I can confirm. I've slapped "FPO" on more things than I could count. I'm sure the final artwork will be much more interesting.

  26. #146
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    1,228
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Doesn't sound like its a 2 CD set. They are going to fit TR/ARs COMPLETE score AND the Batiste score on the same disc? Or is this more of a comp and they will be cutting out some of TR/ARs songs

  27. #147
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,808
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Doesn't sound like its a 2 CD set. They are going to fit TR/ARs COMPLETE score AND the Batiste score on the same disc? Or is this more of a comp and they will be cutting out some of TR/ARs songs
    It sounds like the CD will contain the complete contents of both the score and the Batiste music (both vinyls), plus a bonus duet song.

  28. #148
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    104
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Just got an email from Amazon that the updated delivery date for the Soul vinyl will be ON the release date, December 18th. Not mad at that

  29. #149
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    75
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    The Batiste Soul record's artwork is good. I can't imagine the Trent artwork being any worse. I pre-ordered both records, and now waiting on the CD to become available......

    https://www.disneymusicemporium.com/...cp=81712_82104

  30. #150
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,326
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by atomobile View Post
    The Batiste Soul record's artwork is good. I can't imagine the Trent artwork being any worse. I pre-ordered both records, and now waiting on the CD to become available......

    https://www.disneymusicemporium.com/...cp=81712_82104
    If you take the URL of the Batiste artwork and swap the catalog numbers (TR+AR XVLP138 and Batiste is XVLP139) you get the artwork:
    XVLP138.jpg
    Personally I think the contrasting artwork themes of each is quite nice when viewed as a set, each representing their respective...space.
    Last edited by cdm; 12-08-2020 at 09:02 PM.

Posting Permissions