Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
I don't want to say it, but you might want to look outside the box. And by that, I mean try a different city/state. I know it seems nuts at first, but if you're patient enough, it works.

I was in a relationship from 2010-2016. When my relationship ended, I was in the same boat as you. I found the dating scene had changed so much in those 6 years, and it's almost like I was at a disadvantage when it came to me to start looking again. I tried everything you mentioned, even going out of my comfort zone to strike up conversations with strangers, and to be honest, that was the hardest of all, and yielded the worst results. People look at you like you have a hidden agenda or are up to something. Nobody does "small talk" anymore.

Anyway, someone told me to "look outside the box" and look in a different city/part of the world. And I said, "rubbish! I don't believe in long distance relationships!" Well, long story short, I found myself in one lol. Met a girl from Montreal while I was out in Vancouver. I ended up paying for a goth/alternative website membership to a site and there was rubbish in my town on the site, but saw her profile in the "new members" section, only clicked in it because it said she was in Quebec and I was actually heading to Quebec that summer for the Rammstein show. We started talking, exchanged numbers, she agreed to meet me and show me around Montreal when I was there in summer 2016. We decided to try the "long distance" thing and then a year later, summer 2017, she moved here and has been here since.

I'm just as shocked as you. Told myself I would never ever do long distance, and here I was doing a LD relationship, lol. Not gonna lie... was one of the HARDEST things I ever accomplished in my life. LD is hard. But if you are patient and determined to make it work, good things come to those who can push though the loneliness. Think outside the box, might seem like a crazy idea at first, but ya never know. Good luck!

You’ve known me for, what, over 10 years and you’ve never asked me to be in a long distance relationship with you, you bastard.